PDA

View Full Version : Not selected for 2010 applicant lodges complaint with the EC against the FIA

ioan
2nd August 2009, 21:33
Serbian company AMCO has lodged a complaint against the FIA because they were forced by the FIA to sign a contract with Cosworth even though they had 2 better options for an F1 engine for their planned team.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=38607

Saint Devote
3rd August 2009, 00:41
It is the right of the FIA to stipulate the rules and using the term "force" implies that the team believes that it has a right to f1 team entry. It does not.

That the team seeks to involve government force in something which government has no right to be involved in to begin with should see them permanently disqualified from future entry.

ioan
3rd August 2009, 00:44
It is the right of the FIA to stipulate the rules ...

But the rules need to be withing the EU laws. Now they will find out that the EC enforces the laws, as Microsoft, Intel, Siemens and others found out already.

The FIA and FOM have already been investigated by the EC for problems with their rules and they had to change the rules after the EC ruled that they were braking the laws. This time they might be less lenient on the repeated contempt to the laws shown by Maxie.

veeten
3rd August 2009, 16:40
A team that has to use government 'help', or the courts to get in is a team that has no business being in F1 to begin with.

In the case of USF1 they took their time in building their entry, which actually began back in '06, made their announcement in the start of the year, and put their entry in at the appointed time. All by the rules, mind you, not by choosing to barge in under the auspices of perceived wrongdoing by those in the motorsports media (yes, I mean you, Pitpass).

Looking at this team, and the fact that Mike Coughlan is involved (yes, the opposite in the 'Stepney-Gate' fiasco), along with not having a confirmed engine supplier at the time of placing their entry just gives it that, well, sort of dodgy feel. But, if an F3 builder can make it in, along with a team composed of 'friends of Max', then I guess anything is possible.

Of course, the team being in ioan's 'neck of the woods' also helps in his support of them, but that's neither here nor there, isn't it? ;)

3rd August 2009, 17:21
I hope Stefanovic has proof, written down and signed on FIA headed paper.

Otherwise, I'll take his claims to have as much credibility as Eddie Jordan's Vodafone 'contract'.

Garry Walker
3rd August 2009, 17:28
Lets hope so and lets hope they destroy FIA in court.

ioan
3rd August 2009, 17:32

Dave Richards said the same things about being required by the FIA to have a Cosworth engine contract. It was published today.

NTechnology did say the very same.

Looks like there is more and more proof.

The EC will be happy to take the word of these team leaders if there is not black on white proof on paper.
But it seems there are some emails that prove this too, and I think that electronic documents are as good as paper nowadays.

Garry Walker
3rd August 2009, 17:47
Dave Richards said the same things about being required by the FIA to have a Cosworth engine contract. It was published today.

NTechnology did say the very same.

Looks like there is more and more proof.

The EC will be happy to take the word of these team leaders if there is not black on white proof on paper.
But it seems there are some emails that prove this too, and I think that electronic documents are as good as paper nowadays.

Thanks for this info, I have not had the chance to catch up with F1 for a while and am in the dark regarding what is happening.

Mails are as good as paper these days, when it comes to courts, yes.

seb_sh
3rd August 2009, 20:43
It seems they have a case if indeed emails exist add to that the testimony of the other candidates, the fact that the 3 accepted entrants have Cosworth deals and the fact that Mosley had a motive to refuse teams that have engine deals with FOTA members.