PDA

View Full Version : Pushing the bounds of feasability for the sake of hypotheticals

call_me_andrew
1st August 2009, 07:52
Let's say that F1 could lower costs so the annual budget goes well below $100 million/year. Then the FIA takes over the IRL and possibly Formula Nippon.

Then we split the Formula One series into 3 leagues: F1 Pacific, F1 Americas, and F1 Eurasia & Africa. Each league has the exact same technical and sporting regulations with the season running from January through August.

Now here's where it gets crazy.

In September, the top drivers from each league advance to the World Driver's Championship.

This will effectively add more races to the calender and bring in more teams without issues like the Concorde Agreement or prequalifying.

Sonic
1st August 2009, 11:29
I think my wife would be leaving me if I had three times the number of GP's to watch! :p

ioan
1st August 2009, 11:53
I think my wife would be leaving me if I had three times the number of GP's to watch! :p

That's what I was thinking to, no way the women would accept losing almost every week end.

wedge
1st August 2009, 14:41
Let's say that F1 could lower costs so the annual budget goes well below $100 million/year. Then the FIA takes over the IRL and possibly Formula Nippon.

Then we split the Formula One series into 3 leagues: F1 Pacific, F1 Americas, and F1 Eurasia & Africa. Each league has the exact same technical and sporting regulations with the season running from January through August.

Now here's where it gets crazy.

In September, the top drivers from each league advance to the World Driver's Championship.

This will effectively add more races to the calender and bring in more teams without issues like the Concorde Agreement or prequalifying.

Ludicrous idea. Should be only kept for the likes of Formula BMW, F3 blue riband/international meetings.

F1 is the pinnacle and doesn't need those sort of gimmicks.

gloomyDAY
1st August 2009, 17:08
Wut joo bin smokin'?

Although a very cool idea, the logistics are giving me a headache.
It works for sports like soccer, but I don't know about racing.

CCWS77
3rd August 2009, 01:36
You have just proposed a stable governing system for race teams to compete in and find out who is the fastest in the world.

here is the real problem with this idea:
people have no use for that because they are invested in the current system of drama, politics and money

leopard
3rd August 2009, 09:36
Good idea, the problem would arise would be not everyone watching F1 also watch different championship. If each region held F1 separately there will be too much races, and if we have to divide today's races into every region there will be race less than its ideal rounds.

But the main problem if it goes separately FIA will not be ready to lose host fee and viewership from Asia Pacific.