PDA

View Full Version : Panther problems?

seppefan
31st July 2009, 14:32
Strong rumours that the old Panther problems are coming back with Dan rumoured not to be seeing all his salary as expected, poor results and then you look at the Lights team who won each of the past two races at Kentucky, in 2007 with Hideki Mutoh and last season with Dillon Battistini. Those drivers have led a staggering 132 of a possible 134 laps combined in those races, which each pilot leading all but one lap en route to their respective victories. Battisitini won four ovals for Panther last year until problems set in and they dropped him. Seems they got that one wrong when comparing the results with this year.

NickFalzone
31st July 2009, 17:05
Dan started out the season pretty chipper and optimistic, but somewhere around Richmond he realized Panther was not going to hold up their end of the bargain on equipment quality. He went there under the notion that they would be in equipment competing for top 5s every week, but for the most part that hasn't been happening. I didn't know the salary issue, but obviously that's a sign of bigger issues that team is having.

jwhite9185
31st July 2009, 20:20
Must admit, im not that suprised that they havent been competitive. I think Dan is a pretty average driver. I know he's a champion etc. but he had the car to have at the time.

disko
1st August 2009, 00:27
wheldon back to agr, rhr to panther next year.

Chamoo
1st August 2009, 04:44
When you take 3 million or so out of your budget simply to pay your driver, thats 3 million you don't have to put into the car. Spend 500,000$ on a good driver like RHR and put the other 2.5 million into the car.