PDA

View Full Version : da Ham v da Shoie...in da left corner weighing in at...

markabilly
30th July 2009, 11:32
the old champ :vader: will now have the chance to put the youngster down and out...or the other way around........meanwhile the music from Rocky blairs away...

the fight of the century :hot:

Who will win the battle???? :champion:

or just a snoozer.................... :s nore:

might as well start another thread...Luv it when ioan goes nutty... :crazy: ...although such a short trip for him

Saint Devote
30th July 2009, 12:50
Oh come on, already on quite a few occassions the current crop of Hamilton's rivals have beaten him fairly and squarely and he does tend to make errors on track that definitely demontrates his level to be below Schumi's.

So lets stop this fawning over Hamilton, the primary reason being was that he is the first "black" driver. Its called the Liberals Obama effect. And what a disaster that President is turning out to be - as expected.

Schumi will come iin and drive for Ferrari and when he places dear whimpish little "Ham" under pressure, the Brit will crack as he always does when it is turned on him.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th July 2009, 13:32
Oh come on, already on quite a few occassions the current crop of Hamilton's rivals have beaten him fairly and squarely and he does tend to make errors on track that definitely demontrates his level to be below Schumi's.

So lets stop this fawning over Hamilton, the primary reason being was that he is the first "black" driver. Its called the Liberals Obama effect. And what a disaster that President is turning out to be - as expected.

Schumi will come iin and drive for Ferrari and when he places dear whimpish little "Ham" under pressure, the Brit will crack as he always does when it is turned on him.

I don't see any reason why you have used this thread for a political rant :down:

The reason people are so excited about seeing Hamilton versus Schumacher is because they are probably two of the most controversial drivers we have seen in modern F1. People were worried that F1 might lose interest after Shumi left in 2006, but 2007/8 were made exciting primarily because of Lewis Hamiltons antics (whether they were his driving heroics or blunders).

Bagwan
30th July 2009, 14:05
Yeah this is pathetic to be honest :confused:
I posted a light hearted response and yes I am a fan of Hamilton. Why should I be attacked everytime I praise the guy? Last time I looked LH was mixed race and this has nothing to do with me being a fan to be fair. I suggest you grow up pal and take your personal attacks over to the Autosport forum.

I would agree with that :up:

I have a feeling this is now going to turn into one of those boring "this driver is better than this driver" threads... YAWN

Did you happen to read the title of the thread ?

markabilly
30th July 2009, 14:07
I have a feeling this is now going to turn into one of those boring "this driver is better than this driver" threads... YAWN
I am better than both.....
besides now we shall have a chance to see, at valencia, personally though, i think it will be a snooze

Dave B
30th July 2009, 14:38
So lets stop this fawning over Hamilton, the primary reason being was that he is the first "black" driver.
Absolute hogwash. If you'd been on this forum when Hamilton started his F1 career you'd have seen that the overwhelming majority of people couldn't give a fig about his colour. There was excitement becuase he was so young, curiosity becuase he was the product of a decade-long development programme, and controversy becuase McLaren polarises opinion.

He's young and relatively inexperienced, but despite this still equalled a 2x WDC during his first season before taking the Championship himself the next year. Is he the finished article? Probably not, he's demonstrated that he still has much to learn. Is he going to be the greatest driver ever? Nobody knows, and anybody who says otherwise is a liar. Is he universally popular? Hell no, he divides opinion like few other drivers in the history of the sport.

But is he only popular because he's "black"? Loose stoolwater of the highest order.

ArrowsFA1
30th July 2009, 14:56
the old champ :vader: will now have the chance to put the youngster down and out...or the other way around........meanwhile the music from Rocky blairs away...
I think ole Rocky will have a few other contenders to cope with other than the defending champion :crazy:

There's Kimi 'Vodka Shot' Raikkonen from the same stable as Rocky to begin with, then there's Fernando 'Two Aces' Alonso (whose name is missing from the next fight card, but he'll be back), Sebastian 'Voom-Voom' Vettel alongside seasoned-pro Mark 'Awight Mate' Webber, not forgetting Jenson 'Bearded Wonder' Button and Rubens 'Blah Blah' Barrichello.

:p

I am evil Homer
30th July 2009, 14:59

Of course...it was him being black that got the McLaren drive, level points with a WDC in his first season and WDC in his second.

Although from your previous posts I expect nothing less from someone as clearly idiotic as you

woody2goody
30th July 2009, 17:38
Come on guys let's just keep it light hearted and on topic as a discussion who we think will fair better.

I think Ferrari have a slightly better car, but as we've seen the McLaren is very up and down. When the situation is right they are very quick, however on non-suitable tracks they have really struggled. Ferrari don't have any glaring weaknesses with their car it's just not lightning quick anywhere.

I think it'll be very close, but look for Schumacher to prevail by roughly 30 points to 20.

woody2goody
30th July 2009, 17:39
Of course...it was him being black that got the McLaren drive, level points with a WDC in his first season and WDC in his second.

Although from your previous posts I expect nothing less from someone as clearly idiotic as you

Well said Evil Homer :)

Roamy
30th July 2009, 17:49
If MS gets anywhere near Hamilton in his first 3 races bacl you better take your towel and put in down in front of MS and start bowing and chanting ! :p :p

gloomyDAY
30th July 2009, 17:57

Schumi will come iin and drive for Ferrari and when he places dear whimpish little "Ham" under pressure, the Brit will crack as he always does when it is turned on him. :rolleyes:

Although from your previous posts I expect nothing less from someone as clearly idiotic as you :up:

Roamy
30th July 2009, 18:13

Evil actually Saint has some valid points and opinions - Maybe not appropriate but we don't know if being black had anything to do with the years of grooming by mclaren. So one opinion different from yours doesn't make one a idiot - to qualify for that you must have a proven track record like Mosely.

Sonic
30th July 2009, 18:22

You have just confirmed my opinion that you sir are a c**k!

Roamy
30th July 2009, 20:21
I'm all for keeping this thread light hearted but certain individuals that'll remain nameless, voice their opinions it seems just to get a reaction. Of course Hamilton's colour had nothing to do with Mclaren's interest in him, why would it???

Yes he was funded or "groomed" as people like to call it by Mclaren Mercedes, but why should that be open to criticism?? You'll all be telling me next that Mr Schumacher spent many years being groomed by Mercedes which gave him the footing's to make it into Formula One with a little help from Mr.Eddie Jordan!! I wouldn't stand for such lies.... :p

:up: :up:

ClarkFan
30th July 2009, 21:58

the fight of the century :hot:

Who will win the battle????

or just a snoozer

might as well start another thread...Luv it when ioan goes nutty... :crazy: ...although such a short trip for him
Don't forget Kimi - having the Old Man in another red car might wake him up. :eek: Shame Alonso doesn't have a fast enough car to get in on this fun.

And perhaps Brawn will rediscover their mojo and demonstrate that Jensen Button is, in fact, a god..... :p

ClarkFan

truefan72
30th July 2009, 22:43

well said

Brown, Jon Brow
30th July 2009, 22:52
I think what makes it more exciting is that Hamilton grew up with Senna as his hero, Schumacher beat Senna on the track. Also , apart from Barrichello, MSC is the the last driver connected with the Senna/Prost era..

Although Kimi versus MSC is going to be equally exciting.

markabilly
31st July 2009, 13:04
Don't forget Kimi - having the Old Man in another red car might wake him up. :eek:
ClarkFan

Kimi is no threat to MS. MS and team will sabatoge Kimi by stealing his ritalin

Shame Alonso doesn't have a fast enough car to get in on this fun.

Shame Alonso does not have a car to get in....... :(

Sonic
31st July 2009, 14:10
Shame Alonso does not have a car to get in....... :(

LOL

Bagwan
31st July 2009, 19:18
Yeah I did, but I don't take Markabilly too seriously these days because I know his stand point.

"Da Ham v da Shoie...in da left corner weighing in at....." is the title and it is obviously meant to be light hearted in substance. You usually shout at me and tell me ioan is right, but he's not involved here so what is your point?

"I have a feeling this is now going to turn into one of those boring "this driver is better than this driver" threads... YAWN"

Are y'all feelin' picked on ?
Sorry , not ma intent .

I just though I'd point out that it looked fairly obvious that it was gonna go this way , even if it did start out with a large dose of humour .
Billy humour is sometimes as much intended for getting reactions other than laughs , it seems .

I don't need Ioan to get me started .

Saint Devote
1st August 2009, 03:39
I don't see any reason why you have used this thread for a political rant :down:

The reason people are so excited about seeing Hamilton versus Schumacher is because they are probably two of the most controversial drivers we have seen in modern F1. People were worried that F1 might lose interest after Shumi left in 2006, but 2007/8 were made exciting primarily because of Lewis Hamiltons antics (whether they were his driving heroics or blunders).

Firstly, Hamilton is political.

In addition to what I have stated have you noticed the black political colors he wears on his crash helmet? Not the British colors in sight other than for the recent British grand prix.

Hamilton exclusively, is seen with black celebrities and his meeting with Mandela was only because he is considered black.

Secondly, who was worried? There was no such effect when Senna was killed and Senna had an even greater effect on formula 1. The sport is not a weakling beholden to the comings and goings of any driver or team.

There are probably casual "fans" that will be motivated by personality or team rather than a true passion ofr the sport, but that has always been the case.

Saint Devote
1st August 2009, 03:46
The greatest driver? That is a measurement that is evidenced by the ratios achieved by the driver as well as considering the era or eras a driver participates in.

Schumis ratios are up there but he did not have to cope with a host of top line drivers in competetive cars during his post-Senna era and I remain convinced that the strength of Alonso, beating him especially in 2006 cemented his decision to retire as a permanent racing driver.

Saint Devote
1st August 2009, 04:00
I think what makes it more exciting is that Hamilton grew up with Senna as his hero, Schumacher beat Senna on the track. Also , apart from Barrichello, MSC is the the last driver connected with the Senna/Prost era..

Although Kimi versus MSC is going to be equally exciting.

You cannot claim that Schumi beat Senna on the track - they raced for 3 grands prix only in 1994 and where Senna claimed pole positions in both Schumacher did pass him and win at Interlagos - in the Pacific GP Senna had massive wheelspin and was passed at the start - but Hakkinen eventually bumped him into the gravel.

At Imola Senna was leading Schumi.........

Prior to 1994, Senna won more races than Schumi and it is actually too early to measure any rivalry.

Unfortunately we will never know the outcome of 1994 albeit that Schumi dedicated his championship to Senna and believed that had Senna lived and raced, the championship would have been won by Senna.

truefan72
1st August 2009, 06:57
Firstly, Hamilton is political.

In addition to what I have stated have you noticed the black political colors he wears on his crash helmet? Not the British colors in sight other than for the recent British grand prix.

Hamilton exclusively, is seen with black celebrities and his meeting with Mandela was only because he is considered black.

Secondly, who was worried? There was no such effect when Senna was killed and Senna had an even greater effect on formula 1. The sport is not a weakling beholden to the comings and goings of any driver or team.

There are probably casual "fans" that will be motivated by personality or team rather than a true passion ofr the sport, but that has always been the case.

utter nonsense

I guess it was political then that for 70 yrs the winners where white, had white on their helmets and met exclusively with white people. hung out with white celebs all those years etc.

the only reason prost, fangio. senna, mansell, alonmso, schumi et all got to meet with the kings, celebs and heads of state over the years is because they were white?

stop talking rubbish

your words speak volumes about yourself and very little about Hamilton

woody2goody
1st August 2009, 08:28
It's great that more black people are getting involved and interested in F1 thanks to Hamilton. Too long has F1 been virtually and all-white sport.

Roamy
1st August 2009, 10:32
utter nonsense

I guess it was political then that for 70 yrs the winners where white, had white on their helmets and met exclusively with white people. hung out with white celebs all those years etc.

the only reason prost, fangio. senna, mansell, alonmso, schumi et all got to meet with the kings, celebs and heads of state over the years is because they were white?

stop talking rubbish

your words speak volumes about yourself and very little about Hamilton

Whoops !! Saint Devote - I think this guy is "Educated"

Roamy
1st August 2009, 10:42
You cannot claim that Schumi beat Senna on the track - they raced for 3 grands prix only in 1994 and where Senna claimed pole positions in both Schumacher did pass him and win at Interlagos - in the Pacific GP Senna had massive wheelspin and was passed at the start - but Hakkinen eventually bumped him into the gravel.

At Imola Senna was leading Schumi.........

Prior to 1994, Senna won more races than Schumi and it is actually too early to measure any rivalry.

Unfortunately we will never know the outcome of 1994 albeit that Schumi dedicated his championship to Senna and believed that had Senna lived and raced, the championship would have been won by Senna.

Saint - We know the outcome of 1994 - Schumi in a lame car deliberately punted Damon Hill to steal the championship Whoa are you educated ??

markabilly
1st August 2009, 13:59
I just though I'd point out that it looked fairly obvious that it was gonna go this way , even if it did start out with a large dose of humour .
Billy humour is sometimes as much intended for getting reactions other than laughs , it seems .

I don't need Ioan to get me started .

So it seem u b right on both--but I did not figure we would end up debating race as in skin rather than race as in race track....

Everything in f1 and all forms of racing is just plain funny or just insane to me, including and ranging from maxie and his whips, pit stops as the only real from of passing gas and cars, to the doing the heel and camel toes of Danica. and the cat fights here. You name it.

It is all good, so everyone chill and enjoy!!

The only thing I do not find any humor in at all, are crashes, esp where people are left in crumbled up vehicles too long or fail to receive proper medical care, and people who take it with the cavalier attitude, well no body made him do it, it is safe enough yadada. And that actually results from experiences outside of racing, where people were truly wasted for nothing---and even the term's use for such, truly became popular during that time, because people were wasted.

Anyway, I digress. Maybe I need some of Kimi's ritalin to keep me on track.
So much for fun, but hey, I thought MS coming back to f1 racing would be almos as fun as watching milka and danica race it out in go carts, naked of course.

ioan
1st August 2009, 18:01
and I remain convinced that the strength of Alonso, beating him especially in 2006 cemented his decision to retire as a permanent racing driver.

First of all Alonso only had to beat him in 2006 as in 2005 the Ferrari was not up to the task.
Second MS announced his retirement before the Championship was decided.

Given these 2 points I say your conviction is wrong.

As for the rest of this thread, what a loss of time.

Bagwan
1st August 2009, 18:20
So it seem u b right on both--but I did not figure we would end up debating race as in skin rather than race as in race track....

Everything in f1 and all forms of racing is just plain funny or just insane to me, including and ranging from maxie and his whips, pit stops as the only real from of passing gas and cars, to the doing the heel and camel toes of Danica. and the cat fights here. You name it.

It is all good, so everyone chill and enjoy!!

The only thing I do not find any humor in at all, are crashes, esp where people are left in crumbled up vehicles too long or fail to receive proper medical care, and people who take it with the cavalier attitude, well no body made him do it, it is safe enough yadada. And that actually results from experiences outside of racing, where people were truly wasted for nothing---and even the term's use for such, truly became popular during that time, because people were wasted.

Anyway, I digress. Maybe I need some of Kimi's ritalin to keep me on track.
So much for fun, but hey, I thought MS coming back to f1 racing would be almos as fun as watching milka and danica race it out in go carts, naked of course.

Ah , Billy , my man , don't sweat the little ones .

Yer ok .
I'd go for the ice cream , though , not the ritalin .

Back to the thread .

In the red corner , weighing heavy with titles , but light in recent running , is the red shoe , in a car moving up the grid steadily as steered by a Finn and a Brazilian .
Sources are saying that the shoe will be running more than old boots on a model T , leaving some wondering if having a horse shoe in your boxing glove is now allowed , as opposed to way back in the good ol' days when Jaime did his first bout without even trying the gloves on to see if they fit . That was when men were men .

And , in the tarnished silver corner , without the weight of the British empire on his shoulders , it having been transferred to the back street boy , Bunbun , is our used to be hero , Pantsonfire , who's been doing ruddy good , wringing that cars neck races , despite having lost the weight of the British empire on his shoulders .

Yeah , Billy , it's a circus , just like the forum here .

Roamy
1st August 2009, 18:35

Thats why there are so many threads and the ability for you to even create one.

I sure hope you boy doesn't purposely drive into Button so Vettel is gifted the WDC. You know he has a history of this behavior

markabilly
1st August 2009, 18:45
thank you for noticing

p.s. don't eat any of baggie's yellow ice cream and then ask about the color

BDunnell
1st August 2009, 19:06

ioan, I am with you on this one. Most of it is virtually unintelligible drivel of the first order.

markabilly
1st August 2009, 19:41
ioan, I am with you on this one. Most of it is virtually unintelligible drivel of the first order.
That is very understandable as it was never intended to be for effete intellectuals who would rather voice their usual locquacious platitudes while engaging in contumely disparagement of adroit dumb asses like me, fousto and baggie who would rather be happy. :s mokin:

ioan
1st August 2009, 19:47
I sure hope you boy doesn't purposely drive into Button so Vettel is gifted the WDC. You know he has a history of this behavior

I doubt Button will get anywhere near MS! :laugh:

ioan
1st August 2009, 19:48

I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

I think I'll even stop posting on this one. ;)

markabilly
1st August 2009, 19:56
I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

I think I'll even stop posting on this one. ;)
please take the st devoblow with you :D

Bagwan
1st August 2009, 20:18
thank you for noticing

p.s. don't eat any of baggie's yellow ice cream and then ask about the color

What is this "color" to which you refer ?
I'm not familiar with the term , unless , of course you meant "colour" .

And , I aint yella , if that's what you was referrin' to .

Why , if'n I didn't know better , I'd think you was tryin' to start some kind a race competition here .

In the yellow corner , the bagwan , weighing up an ounce for the un-drugged Billy .
And , in the colourless corner , jonesing hard , we have Billy , ready to race .

Pitflaps
1st August 2009, 21:01

Lewis' experience puts him around about Schuey's level of experience in the 1993 season where I seem to remember he tonked his car rather a lot and chucked it off the road.

Give the kid a break: I'm not a Lewis worshipper but he's not even 25. I think I made more mistakes at 25 walking to the shops than he does racing a car in the season, (stubs finger on shift key whilst writing this)

markabilly
1st August 2009, 21:18
What is this "color" to which you refer ?
I'm not familiar with the term , unless , of course you meant "colour" .

Why , if'n I didn't know better , I'd think you was tryin' to start some kind a race competition here .

In the yellow corner , the bagwan , weighing up an ounce for the un-drugged Billy .
And , in the colourless corner , jonesing hard , we have Billy , ready to race .
like u do not know where that colour, color or wtf comes from in da yella ice cream.....but if u wanna sell it to Ioan and let him eat it, that is ok by me

But hey dude, you wanna throw it down, i can only only answer in the spirit of the great and mighty MS, let's go, dude.

but i get the red corner, u can have yella or whatever u want, cause you can not make one lap against the champ.

My bet, is schuie by lap 15 in the lead to stay. Schuie by one point over vettel for the WDC at the end, esp. after massa returns and replaces........kimi....

blito
2nd August 2009, 12:10
Schumi is just an old man racing for the fun of it... nothing wrong with that in itself but dont expect too much from the man, especially as he was never any better than average in any case!

BTW, anyone remember Watson deputising for Lauda in 1985? he was crap :D

SGWilko
2nd August 2009, 15:15

Darn it, now you've done it, aincha?

Bleedin Kenny Rogers tunes going round in my mind.

Did ya primise ya pop you wouldnt do the things he done?

truefan72
3rd August 2009, 20:17
I might join you with this one ioan ;) [/QUOTE]

me3

Jon 'Massa' Beagles
6th August 2009, 10:57
Is anyone else kind of hoping that Schumi doesn't pass his medical, if only for the reason that it will give either Badoer or Gene a shot at another race? How gutted must they be to have been so quickly overlooked!?! Of course Schumi v Hamilton would be awesome to watch, but he might not be that good! Having said that IMO the worse the Ferrari is the more Schumi will get out of it I reckon... :)

Knock-on
6th August 2009, 12:06
I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he can do with a level playing field against a reasonably competent team mate.

ArrowsFA1
6th August 2009, 12:55
Is anyone else kind of hoping that Schumi doesn't pass his medical, if only for the reason that it will give either Badoer or Gene a shot at another race? How gutted must they be to have been so quickly overlooked!?!
It would have been nice of Ferrari to reward Badoer for all his 'behind the scenes' work over the years, and also because he's missed out on subbing for one of the main drivers a couple of times before. But, he hasn't raced for years so was never really an option. Gene seems to have faded into the background at Ferrari so I doubt whether he was seriously considered.

Jon 'Massa' Beagles
6th August 2009, 13:29
True...but as Williams said, "We would without reservation use our test driver to fill in for one of our main drivers" or something along those lines.

What do Ferrari do if Schumi can't race? They do have Badoer in line, but maybe they should start thinking about employing a decent 3rd driver...tis ludicrous that a team of their calibre don't have one! No other team on the grid has this policy or this issue...one would hope they would do something aobut it and get with the times.

I heard a rumour of 3 cars being run in 2010 that obviously wont happen...but if it did how screwed would Ferrari be if they can barely scrape a 3rd driver up, never mind a 4th or even 5th!?!

I guess my point is that I think they should invest more in youth than they do. Long winded way of making that point I know...sorry ;)

Jag_Warrior
6th August 2009, 15:24
I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he can do with a level playing field against a reasonably competent team mate.

^This!

I figure Kimi will up his game big time. I'm not sure how Kimi's mind works, but he may feel that he has something to prove with Schumacher beside him.

Jon 'Massa' Beagles
6th August 2009, 15:38
Please...Kimi wont care about Schumi. He drives for himself and himself alone, he's said it many times...Schumacher is just another opponent he has to beat.

Can you really see Kimi submitting to this hysteria over Schumacher and raising his game? I honestly don't think it will make any difference to him...the only thing he will care about is having a good car. The better the car the more likely Räikkönen will beat Schumi IMO.