PDA

View Full Version : IMS thoughts

call_me_andrew
30th July 2009, 05:36
The track seems to have covered up the starting grid and various lines added for the MotoGP event since last year, but they leave the F1 starting grid painted clearly on the track. Why not conceal that too?

Chamoo
30th July 2009, 17:01
The track seems to have covered up the starting grid and various lines added for the MotoGP event since last year, but they leave the F1 starting grid painted clearly on the track. Why not conceal that too?

Does IMS have weight sensors under the track for the F1 starting grid? If they do, they might not want to cover it up incase they have to find them again.

Also, it might be a reference to the short history of F1 at the track.

BobbyC
30th July 2009, 20:00
FIM may use decals.

call_me_andrew
31st July 2009, 02:44
Why would there be weight sensors?

I don't know if I'd consider F1 history at the track to be short. Particularly if you include the 1950's.

Chamoo
31st July 2009, 04:57
Why would there be weight sensors?

I don't know if I'd consider F1 history at the track to be short. Particularly if you include the 1950's.

Your quite right in regards to the history of F1 at the track. I didn't think that part of the post out thoroughly, and was just trying to get the post up quick before heading out.

I recalled watching F1 a few years ago and they made mention of there being sensors under the starting grid to determine if cars moved prior to the lights either going green or going out depending what era we're talking.