PDA

View Full Version : The 4th thread about Michael Schumacher returning to F1.

gloomyDAY
29th July 2009, 23:24
In case you need the article, here is the link (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/search.php?do=process).

Thanks for consolidating the threads mods. :)

BDunnell
29th July 2009, 23:25
I don't know about anyone else, but I think this one is much the best yet. Not sure why, but it certainly is.

harvick#1
29th July 2009, 23:27
:laugh:

classic :D

ioan
30th July 2009, 00:06
:rotflmao: :up:

BDunnell
30th July 2009, 00:16
ioan, I hope you will now post all your comments on the matter in this thread, rather than the other ones?

ioan
30th July 2009, 01:14
ioan, I hope you will now post all your comments on the matter in this thread, rather than the other ones?

Are you kidding me?! :p

jas123f1
30th July 2009, 01:19
Something positive of Massa-accident - it will be interesting to see him in a car again. I hope only he don’t get any first driver status this time..

:)

NickFalzone
30th July 2009, 01:31
This is interesting, I never thought he'd do it. There's some guys that are worried about their legacy, and others that just love to race. I think I'd put MS in the latter category.

gloomyDAY
30th July 2009, 03:05
When will this thread be shut down?

Something positive of Massa-accident - it will be interesting to see him in a car again. I hope only he don’t get any first driver status this time..

:)

This is interesting, I never thought he'd do it. There's some guys that are worried about their legacy, and others that just love to race. I think I'd put MS in the latter category.LOL @ serious posts

ioan
30th July 2009, 10:08
LOL @ serious posts

:D

leopard
30th July 2009, 10:54
One thread is closed, This might be the 3rd ;)

jas123f1
31st July 2009, 01:36
After one week - Felipe Massa is already planning a return to racing and joking about keeping Michael Schumacher away from his car as he recovers from a high-speed crash. :D

Massa's family doctor Dino Altman said Thursday the Brazilian driver was eating and walking around his hospital room. He also appeared to have no problem in the left eye, which doctors feared had been badly injured in the crash during qualifying Saturday for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
You never know ... Maybe Massa is back in Valencia ..... :D … 3 weeks left

call_me_andrew
31st July 2009, 02:57
I thought everyone that picked Michael Schumacher for their 3rd FGP driver was an idiot. This has been a bad week for me.

kodiak
1st August 2009, 01:38
So, aside all off track action this season concerning Mosley, F1, FOTA, Ecclestone, the breakaway thread and recently BMW's announcement to quit the series (all rather negative news), here comes the MS impact.
A welcome piece of sunshine to the (politicaly) disturbed world of F1?
I must admit. I'm curious how this living F1 legend will fare. But also about the thoughts of the two Ferrari F1 testdrivers who, according to my info by media, have a clause in their contract to drive the race car (not the test car) in a situation like this. Two drivers with ambitions, lots of miles under their belts in different racing series, talent. And, most important, the knowledge of a 2009 F1 car.
Any reason would go for one of the Ferrari test drivers.
Hey readers, here is something on the roll we don't know of?
Let's try to clear this matter.
One of your drivers is out for the remaning season.
As a participating team in F1 you have a, let's say, not so fruitfull first half of the season behind ye. To gain some points in the remainder, all you wish is a driver who knows the 2009 F1 car (totaly different to a 2007 spec)
You have them at hand, ready to step in.
Instead, you choose for a driver with no knowledge about a 09 F1 car (due to FIA test regulations) You can only count on his reputation as a 7 times WC.
Any aducated brain can see the size of this Jiggsaw puzzle. There's more on the horizon than we can see with our troubled eyes. Besides the talks between MS. Montezemolo and Dominicali, in my opinion, their must have been an interaction, involving FIA, Ecclestone (always an outspoken MS comeback fan) and some representatives of prominent media and sponsors.
Only a few days before the official announcement, German RTL media group had the story exclusive on line, on TV.
With all respect to MS, and I regard him as a thrue F1 legend, I wonder. Is he a selfinficted puppet in a mistirious political F1 game? To gain some positive media news after a long batlle between Mosley and the rest of the F1 community? Is he well aware of all the Razammetaz going on around and about him? If so, the only conclusion must be: he is a very confident person. Eager to test his age, expirience and immaculate tallent in a new ambiance, nml. the 2009 F1 WC. The 'Lance Amstrong' of F1?
In my personal opinion, MS can't stand the temptation. As a 7 times, record, WC, he has nothing to prove or loose. The only winner is F1 and Ecclestone.
There's no proof but some banknotes could have change hands. A Racing series in disarray and a hero to safe the season.
The white dwarf can sleep in peace.
Our bets. Will Michael reach the top 10 quali in Valencia?
I think yes. Will he get a top 6 spot in the race? I think not.
Okay guys, place your bets!

Kodiak

woody2goody
1st August 2009, 01:59
First of all, LOL at the thread in general, however if this had been any other time in the season I think Luca or Marc would have been in the car.

Ferrari now have a great chance to get Schumacher in the car with 3 weeks left til Valencia. Either man would have been good, but Schumacher is the best choice overall.

ioan
1st August 2009, 10:48
Some people are still taking this thread for something it isn't!

LOLs