PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Conspiracy Theory

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 02:49
Did anyone else notice that Richard Childress won his second Daytona 500 exactly six years TO THE DAY after Dale Earnhardt's death?

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 02:50
yep?

who'd have thunk that the darkest day turned into the brightest day back for Childress.

not only that, the Finish reminded me so much of Dales last win in his career at Dega going from 16th to 1st in the final 4 laps. Kevin was 30th with 20 to go and was 7th in the final restart with 2 to go. and passed 5 cars in the final lap.

truely amazing. but Kyle almost wrecked Harvick going into turn 3, he tried to block harv but Harv was no way in letting up for that

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 02:52
yep?

who'd have thunk that the darkest day turned into the brightest day back for Childress, very emotional win

Maybe it was the guy that said, "Hey, this would be a good race for Childress to win at".

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 02:56
it would've been truely special if Harvick could've done the "3" in the grass before cooking the engine, what a tribute would that have been

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 02:59
It's nice to know the thought of winning a fixed race doesn't bother you.

Alexamateo
19th February 2007, 03:06

Did ya watch the race?

blakebeatty
19th February 2007, 03:13
richard childress has been on the upswing for a while now, this job could be a year in the making!

seriously, how hard would it be to fix a restrictor plate race? ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE

slorydn1
19th February 2007, 03:14
He obviously didn't...
But even if Nascar had thrown the caution the millisecond that the 5 went sideways, guess what? The 29 was AHEAD of the 01 when that occured.....then the 01 edged ahead being in the low line (shorter distance) but the 29 repassed him (more momentum)....

So, either way, the right car won!

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 03:14

yeah ok the race was almost fixed, Harvick got a tremendous push from Kenseth, the top 5 was trying to protect the bottom so Harvick, Kenseth, and Burton all shot to the top and passed everyone, and Kyle almost ran Harvick into the wall.

yeah it sure was fixed

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 03:16
Andrew go crying to Crewdawg, cause he feels Mark got robbed.

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 03:17
richard childress has been on the upswing for a while now, this job could be a year in the making!

seriously, how hard would it be to fix a restrictor plate race? ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE

exactly, its impossible to fix a plate race, so was it fixed for Stewart and Busch who had the two best cars to wreck each other.

SOD
19th February 2007, 03:17
I thought that the conspiracy was to let MArtin win a daytona 500 before he retires

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 03:22
exactly, its impossible to fix a plate race, so was it fixed for Stewart and Busch who had the two best cars to wreck each other.

Well what adds more drama to a race than having the top two cars take each other out? Maybe NASCAR gave Harvick a bigger restrictor plate. Maybe they gave him better tires.

Maybe they put something in his fuel.

I'm not saying Martin was robbed. To be robbed, you can't be in scripted performance to begin with.

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 03:23
I thought that the conspiracy was to let MArtin win a daytona 500 before he retires

He'll be back next year. You can deny it now, but it'll be fact soon enough.

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 03:25
did you not see the run Harvick and Kenseth had, Kenseth was on Harvick's bumper the whole back strech with Burton right behind Kenseth.

you saw Kyle busch swerving all over the place blocking Biffle so hense, the bottom line was slowing done because of that, that had the top line going faster than the bottom line.

watch the race next time before you complain

Sparky1329
19th February 2007, 03:38
Mark had the misfortune of being pushed by the biggest bonehead on the track who wasn't there to follow through. He also took two tires on the last pit stop and Kevin took four. A conspiracy would've had Mikey winning the dang race. :rolleyes:

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 03:51
:up:

SOD
19th February 2007, 03:52
A conspiracy would've had Mikey winning the dang race. :rolleyes:

I was hoping that Mikey'd win :D , wish Mark Martin would have won. them's the breaks and the disappointment is tstimony to the fact that the 500 is the onw they all wan to win.

slorydn1
19th February 2007, 03:52
....NASCAR officials obviously wanted the leaders to decide it at the line. The wreck was behind them, so they let them race back to the green.

Or did they? NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston gave this official statement 90 minutes after the race ended:

"When the 07 [Bowyer's car] got sideways on track, the yellow came out at that time," Poston said. "The 29 [Harvick] was ahead of the 01 [Martin] at that time and declared the winner taking the checkered flag.".....

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=blount_terry&id=2770638

Bob Riebe
19th February 2007, 04:04
It used to be that come the last one hundred miles at the big races, either it was all done but the shouting, or the real action was finally starting.

Now, it is like a basketball game wait for the last seven minutes, because anything before that is really a waste of time.

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 04:14
NASCAR wouldn't want Mikey to win. Everytime Mikey wins the Daytona 500, the aftermath is always bad.

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 04:18
all three times Mikey won, bad things happened,

in 01 Dale Died,
in 02, the fans threw the seat cushions in disgust with Nascar not lifting the caution
in 03, he won from the weather

slorydn1
19th February 2007, 04:23
all three times Mikey won, bad things happened,

in 01 Dale Died,
in 02, the fans threw the seat cushions in disgust with Nascar not lifting the caution
in 03, he won from the weather

02 was the Pepsi 400, not the Daytona 500, but your premise is very correct :beer:

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 04:24
I knew that, all the Jooyner fans were pissed when Nascar wouldn't throw the green flag

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 04:27
Let's not forget that in 2003, fans were pissed that NASCAR didn't try and wait out the weather to finish the race at night (when it did go on to rain for most of the night).

Hoss Ghoul
19th February 2007, 06:33
It would have been hilarious for Martin to have won in a Chevy after all those year losing in Fords.

Good race, crazy finish...he with the best run wins, especially when your drafting partners all wreck behind you.

Sparky1329
19th February 2007, 16:43
It would have been hilarious for Martin to have won in a Chevy after all those year losing in Fords.

Good race, crazy finish...he with the best run wins, especially when your drafting partners all wreck behind you.

Very true Hoss. Jack's head might've exploded. :D

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 16:48
conspiracy or not, this was the best Daytona Speedweeks ever :D

what can top it

OWFan19
19th February 2007, 17:06
I thought the last lap was great, and some decent stuff in between. Still not as exciting as almost seeing Marco win the 500 last year. The one thing that I hate about restrictor plate racing, is NASCAR hands out those plates. If one plate is a little bigger than the other, there is a HP difference. Not say it happens where NASCAR can give one driver a little extra, but I remember Dale Jr blowing the doors off of guys with no drafting partner.

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 17:10
Harvick didn't have a bigger plate, if you see the last lap, The bottom line was too busy going back and forth to try and move Martin, the whole bottom line lost momentum because of that and Kenseth gave Harvick a huge push down the backstretch, the outside line worked together while the bottom line was too busy swerving blocking each other,

its Kyle Busch's fault Mark lost that race ;)

tstran17_88
19th February 2007, 18:55
It was fixed...Boris didn't win!

Blancvino
19th February 2007, 19:22
He obviously didn't...
But even if Nascar had thrown the caution the millisecond that the 5 went sideways, guess what? The 29 was AHEAD of the 01 when that occured.....then the 01 edged ahead being in the low line (shorter distance) but the 29 repassed him (more momentum)....

So, either way, the right car won!

Stopping the race is a stupid ploy to have citin' finish. Hearing "boogity, boogity, boogity" Daryl Waltrip say it was a great finish made me gag! Totally contrived crap if you ask me. The race should have ended at 500 miles with Martin is the winner. Who would dream up such a STUPID rule as Green, White, Checker. Overtime? Is it a basketball game the score tied at the end of the game? No, it's a race that ENDS at 500 miles, not 505.

You guys can have this goofy series.

Mark Martin - Winner of the 2007 Daytona 500!
Kevin Harvick - Winner of the 2007 Daytona 505!

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 19:30
fans hated when races ended under caution so they add a new rule where nascar wants to try and give their fans a green flag finish, now everyone is bitching because the GWC is used, stop bitching, Harvick won, the race is over and Mark Martin finished 2nd.

stop wasting our time

Osella
19th February 2007, 19:33
Actually on that score maybe they should race for 500 miles and we should discount yellow laps from the race distance like NFL/NBA etc..

The green, white, checker rule has been in place for several seasons now, so them's the rules and that's the way it is. The 'chase' is a contrived ploy to create excitement, but the fans hated the race finishing under yellows so NASCAR did something about it, turning a negative end to a race into an unknown...
Really the only question is safety, which is why racing to the line was stopped. If Martin doesn't complain about the finish, maybe we shouldn't either.

Phoenixent
19th February 2007, 19:41

Maybe that's the reason the fastest Roush car was pushing the 29 car. I don't think Roush considers Martin a friend any more.

Hats of to Harvick on the win. He is an *** but he stayed out of troble and was there at the end.

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 19:44
Kenseth went with Harvick cause either he knew burton would follow behind him or Harvick was going high no matter what. he went on the line to try and make up the most positions

it was a fanatic push, amshamed Kenseth got spun out by dumb-ass Busch for going below the yellow line and losing control

Blancvino
19th February 2007, 19:58
fans hated when races ended under caution so they add a new rule where nascar wants to try and give their fans a green flag finish, now everyone is bitching because the GWC is used, stop bitching, Harvick won, the race is over and Mark Martin finished 2nd.

stop wasting our time

I assume you are referring to me.

Are you saying my views are not as valid as yours? If so I take exception to your insinuation.

How is pointing out another view waisting "our" time? Don't you really mean you don't want to hear my views so go away?

I had no idea there was such a thing as G-W-C finishes in any form a auto racing.

I too hate it if a race ends on under yellow. Regardless, the race distance is 500 miles, not 505. The race, in my opinion, should have ended under yellow at the scheduled distance.

If that gets you knickers in a bunch, I am sorry. It's not my intent.

Phoenixent
19th February 2007, 19:58
Kenseth went with Harvick cause either he knew burton would follow behind him or Harvick was going high no matter what. he went on the line to try and make up the most positions

it was a fanatic push, amshamed Kenseth got spun out by dumb-ass Busch for going below the yellow line and losing control

I agree with you on both counts. It's just the title of this thread that kills me. :rotflmao:

We did not see it on TV or at the track but it was the Black helicopters that pulled Harvick into the lead at the end of the race. :laugh:

Blancvino
19th February 2007, 20:02
We did not see it on TV or at the track but it was the Black helicopters that pulled Harvick into the lead at the end of the race. :laugh:

Good one! You are well connected. What's going to happen 24 tonight?

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 20:05

this is what I got pissed about. I don't go into another forum saying you can have the series.

the GWC has been in the series since 04' so don't go blaming something thats been in the series for 2 and a half years.

I'm sorry Martin didn't win the 500 and have that fairytale ending, but thats how racing is. Mark should've looked in his mirror more and he would've seen Harvick flying on the high side

Phoenixent
19th February 2007, 20:06
Good one! You are well connected. What's going to happen 24 tonight?

Not sure but I can tell you that Kiefer Sutherland eats at Carney's on Ventura Blvd. :)

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 20:09

I thought it was the invisible Jet engine he had on the back of his car :D

Phoenixent
19th February 2007, 20:18
I thought it was the invisible Jet engine he had on the back of his car :D

No the powerful 12 that controls the world figured the jet engine would give it away by melting the windshields on the cars behind it. Three helicopters were used for this operation. The first copter to tow the car. The second copter to mind control everyone one at the track. The third one to edit the out going signals to the rest of the world. :vader: :vader:

I better move to a new location before they find me. :)

veeten
19th February 2007, 20:21
that's because, outside of Formula 1, there's not much in those series to have. :p :

Instead of 'minding their business', both open wheel series were too busy trying to bankrupt each other, and only succeeded in putting their sport altogether into the poorhouse.

Not NASCAR's fault, but just try and tell them that... ;) :p :

Meanwhile, The D-500 outdraws with yet another round of ratings with one hell of a finish.

R. Mears
19th February 2007, 21:16

That's what I was hoping for. LMAO Especially since I'm a chevy man. :p and a friend of mine is a ford man. :eek:

GARYGAZZA
19th February 2007, 21:21
It would of been great if Mark had won but its about being in the right place at the right time and with Kevin just watching those guys in front trip over each other and he freight trained pass to win. Bumping and banging is all part of racing and thats wot makes Nascar great to watch.Fans moaned about finishing on yellow thats why they brought in GWC.I like the GWC finishes but every body has different opinion on that.In my opinion all the drivers put on a great show and they are all winners.

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 21:28
if you somehow saw Harvick carve his way through the field, it was truely remarkable. he should've been collected in the big one at least 5 times but got lucky, he was the only one to make a move for the win and he did it with help from Kenseth and Burton. 30th to 1st in 20 laps is simply amazing :D

theres no conspiracy

R. Mears
19th February 2007, 21:34
It would of been great if Mark had won but its about being in the right place at the right time and with Kevin just watching those guys in front trip over each other and he freight trained pass to win. Bumping and banging is all part of racing and thats wot makes Nascar great to watch.Fans moaned about finishing on yellow thats why they brought in GWC.I like the GWC finishes but every body has different opinion on that.In my opinion all the drivers put on a great show and they are all winners.
So very true GG, rep sent. As far as the GWC and red flagging so the race doesn't end under caution, a good idea IMO but they/nascar can't please everyone as we know. The one thing I hate is the amount of crashing at the end due to greed and usually ending in disaster.

R. Mears
19th February 2007, 21:38
if you somehow saw Harvick carve his way through the field, it was truely remarkable. he should've been collected in the big one at least 5 times but got lucky, he was the only one to make a move for the win and he did it with help from Kenseth and Burton. 30th to 1st in 20 laps is simply amazing :D

theres no conspiracy
Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. LOL
I can understand your enthusiasm with your guy winning.
But I'll bet he can't do it again?
A few cautions helped big time.

GARYGAZZA
19th February 2007, 21:45
He may have been lucky avoiding the wrecks but there is no taking away the fact that he blew the field away with the move of the race.He went for it and nothing was going to stop that.How could that be a conspicey.Sore losing racefans thats the way i see it.Junior woz robbed should have ended the race when every one was pitting and junior was pitting in front of the other :mad: ONLY JOKING GUYS.

call_me_andrew
19th February 2007, 22:15
this is what I got pissed about. I don't go into another forum saying you can have the series.

the GWC has been in the series since 04' so don't go blaming something thats been in the series for 2 and a half years.

I'm sorry Martin didn't win the 500 and have that fairytale ending, but thats how racing is. Mark should've looked in his mirror more and he would've seen Harvick flying on the high side

I was against the GWC in 2004 and I'm against it now. I've been pissed off with NASCAR for the last 4 years. All in all, the GWC is just another brick in the wall (to paraphrase Pink Floyd).

I'm sure that if Martin won, there would be different conspiracy theories about how a guy in the twilight of his career wins such a big race. But it didn't happen that way, and I'm just playing the ball as it lies. Either way, it's still a fairytale ending that needs to be examined.

And the only driver I actually like is Bill Elliott so it's not like I have a lot of emotions invested in this race.

muggle not
19th February 2007, 22:32
Nascar must have forgot that Martin wasn't driving for Roush. Don't they always rule against Roush. :)

CREWDAWG
20th February 2007, 00:04
"Andrew go crying to Crewdawg, cause he feels Mark got robbed."

Oh stop mouth of the south. Like I said...The season starts this weekend. I bet if the tables were turned you still would be the mouth of tha south! LOL

Oh yea, stop slamming other folks for saying what the feel. You got your moment. Your starting to sound like Rusty Wallace...always got something to say with no meaning. LOL

tstran17_88
20th February 2007, 18:47
I thought it was the invisible Jet engine he had on the back of his car :D And it had a #17 decal on it.

harvick#1
20th February 2007, 19:00
:D

Mark in Oshawa
21st February 2007, 15:40
Well, there is no conspiracy but it is fun to watch the whining on here on how Martin got robbed. Ya he got robbed by fate, and nothing else. He wouldn't have been in the lead if not for the carnage that started with the Busch/Stewart wreck. So lets stop the tears for Mark Martin. No one is a bigger Mark Martin fan than I am, and I don't think for a second Roush's guys were helping Harvick because they didn't like Mark no more either. What a load of crap that is.

As for the assertions about what a joke the GWC is, well, the rules are the same for everyone, and as it as pointed out, if they didn't count yellow laps, then they didn't race 500 miles. At some point, you have a set of rules and enforce them. Everyone raced under the same rules and with the knowledge that a GWC finish could happen. Harvick got some holes, made more, had help, bounced off the wall and won a hell of a race. Did Martin get robbed? Maybe, and no one is more deserving of a win, but it is just racing luck that he got second. Harvick drove the wheels off that 29 and there was no fix. Fate could have taken him out long before those final laps, as the "Big One" can happen at any time.

It was one hell of a crazy finish to what was a pretty pedestrian race for the first half, and that is NASCAR. There is a reason they have a lot of fans, for stuff like this. For those who "hate NASCAR" and the OW guys who don't get it, don't come on here dissing this finish because quite frankly, it was just a good finish to a race. Period. Whether the cars have open wheels or fenders; whether the rules allow the race to actually run 500 miles plus or not, doesn't change the fact the rules were the same for everyone, and everyone started knowing it. We got a good race, Harvick won, my guy got a second by a fender, and that's racing. I didn't whine and moan that my favourite driver PT got screwed at Indy years ago either, for the rules in that series were consistent and from what I saw, the result was fair. It sucked, but that is racing. You cant cry fix when you think there is one, proof is required.

CREWDAWG
21st February 2007, 23:30
Someone call NASCAR and all the other 50,000+ news and sport folks and TELL them to stop talking about this GREAT finish..... I hate reading/ hearing about it everyday! To many folks are being "stomp on" around here because of it and some are waaaaaaaaaay to serious. Group hug now. What's on pinks??
ROTF

slorydn1
22nd February 2007, 03:49

See 'ya! :wave:

Mark in Oshawa
22nd February 2007, 07:21
Slory, I think he is just as big a knob with some of his comments over on the Champ Car forum, so I agree, don't watch NASCAR if you don't get what it is about.

I can watch NASCAR, CCWS or ALMS and still have no problem understanding the culture of each, but for whatever reason, some pinheads try to come over here and run NASCAR down like we are all idiots for watching. THAT is the attitude that just floors me....

DonnieDarco
22nd February 2007, 07:23
I
And the only driver I actually like is Bill Elliott so it's not like I have a lot of emotions invested in this race.

Would that be............Awesome Bill from Dawsonville? :D I heard about him the other day :D

call_me_andrew
22nd February 2007, 07:33
Would that be............Awesome Bill from Dawsonville? :D I heard about him the other day :D

It's amazing what you can find in a history book.