PDA

View Full Version : Help, Help @500!

CREWDAWG
19th February 2007, 01:49
Someone call Daytona PD quick...There was a theft at the finish of the Daytona 500!

Shame...

tstran17_88
19th February 2007, 01:51
*yawn*

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 01:54
:down:

I'm sad for Mark but happy for happy to win :D

CA Racetramp
19th February 2007, 01:55
Another great Daytona race and finish. I was rootin' for Mark at the end but hey, a California driver one so Woo Hoo.

Hoss Ghoul
19th February 2007, 07:37
Wrong.

Props to NASCAR for letting them run it to the finish, no reason at all to throw the caution there.

Abo
19th February 2007, 07:37
I was actually rootin for old Mark, because he was holding off the nasty Busch . But then I saw my boy coming round the outside at the end and sorry mark, that all went out the window lol

Lee Roy
19th February 2007, 07:45
Great finish. NASCAR made the right call.

SmokeFan20
19th February 2007, 08:31
NASCAR made the right call and let Harvick & Martin earn the win.
The only thing a caution would have done is rob the fans of a great finish, cheat Harvick of a potential win and give Mark Martin a manufactured win.

Some "NASCAR Fans", I swear... They b*tch even when NASCAR does do something right. No wonder NASCAR barely listens to the fans any more.
I'm surprised any body hasn't b*tched about the absence of debris cautions in this race.

Lee Roy
19th February 2007, 09:16
NASCAR made the right call and let Harvick & Martin earn the win.
The only thing a caution would have done is rob the fans of a great finish, cheat Harvick of a potential win and give Mark Martin a manufactured win.

Actually, if you look at a tape of the finish, when the wreck started Harvick was ahead of Martin, so the finish would have been the same.

NASCAR made the right call this time. The cars were coming to the finish. Throwing the caution for those last 2-3 seconds wouldn't have made much of a difference in what the drivers would have done.

SmokeFan20
19th February 2007, 09:38
Actually, if you look at a tape of the finish, when the wreck started Harvick was ahead of Martin, so the finish would have been the same.

Agreed.
If NASCAR did throw the caution "exactly when the wreck started" like some people wanted. Harvick would have been given the win because he was leading right at the exact second Kyle started to turn sideways.

Suck it up Mark Martin fans & sentimental favorers.
Kevin Harvick won fair and square & Mark Martin lost fair and square.
Not all races can't be like a Disney sports movie with the underdog or sentimental favorites winning.
It could be worse. Mark could have crashed while leading like my driver did.

Phoenixent
19th February 2007, 11:00
Another great Daytona race and finish. I was rootin' for Mark at the end but hey, a California driver one so Woo Hoo.

California Drivers owned the race this year. They took the Pole and the Win. :up:

wedge
19th February 2007, 15:23
Great finish!

Commiserations to Mark Martin, but props to Harvick and Kenseth for trying the outside line.

Blancvino
19th February 2007, 16:00
Wrong.

Props to NASCAR for letting them run it to the finish, no reason at all to throw the caution there.

I Disagree. What about the guys behind the wreck that had to RACE through the carnage for position? They have rules for a reason (this one involves safety). Why does NASCAR seem disregards them?

Green, White, Checker is total BS. The race is 500 miles not 505. No wonder I watch so little of this doodle. What was it, 4 wreck in the last 20 laps? Saturday night demolition derby is what I call it. I hate when races end on yellow but "thems is the breaks". America's Race my butt!

Martin got hosed in my view.

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 16:04
um, the race was down to Harvick and Martin.

Burton was too far behind and so was Wallace and Ragan. the rest where crashing.

so it was a good call, harv and martin had a drag race finish for the Daytona 500, what else do you want, a Caution would've sparked more contraversy. but it wouldn't have made a difference as at the time of the Caution was when Bowyer flipped his car, Harvick was ahead of Mark. so it was Harvicks win still anyway

CREWDAWG
19th February 2007, 16:21
If it was fair and square, everyone would not be talking about it even today. I see more changes coming....
ESPN, SPEED and all the race gods are talking about this so something must be up for it to be brought up...again. If it was fair I believe you would not be hearing the GODS talking about it but rather how good of a race finish was. Either way I don't care....it's Daytona and the race season starts in Calf.
Anyone check harvicks car yet? LOL

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 16:25
yeah, look at the image in the 500 thread ;)

R. Mears
19th February 2007, 17:30
Great finish, but here's another vote for Mark to have won it!!

Another thing is most of these restrictor finished end up like a demolition derby. I don't care for a bunch of proffessional drivers driving like idiots.

Erki
19th February 2007, 17:56
The funny thing with NASCAR is that whatever, I mean w h a t e v e r they do, there's always, or should I say a l w a y s controversy and whining involved. Funny. :)

ms0362
19th February 2007, 20:14
Nascar continues to be inconsistant as always. One day we race to the finish another we don't. One day it's about giving the fans "a good show" another it's about "safety". Penalties, rulings, time of play etc.... all set the boundries that the action of any sport performs under. With Nascar who knows?

And don't worry I'm not "b*tching", just pointing out some very evident facts.