Pages : [1] 2

race_director
28th July 2009, 13:38
The KIng is gonna return to taunt his old and foe's

Just like Lance http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77395

Lets party from now

Sonic
28th July 2009, 14:27
No way! I'm staggered he's even entertaining the idea. If he's lost his pace he'll look a bit silly, and if he hasn't he'll show up Kimi. Loose loose for ferrari IMO.

ArrowsFA1
28th July 2009, 14:34
No way! I'm staggered he's even entertaining the idea. If he's lost his pace he'll look a bit silly, and if he hasn't he'll show up Kimi. Loose loose for ferrari IMO.
Calm yourself.

"If they approach Michael, then he will consider it"

Not quite a press conference announcing his return is it :p

ioan
28th July 2009, 14:34

That's a big IF.

By all means he didn't stop racing since he retired. and he's in excellent physical form, I'd say better than some F1 drivers ever were.

I'm 99% sure that he is still faster than Badoer, Gene, Bourdais, DC or others that are linked to keep the seat warm for Felipe, not to mention his experience as a racer and car developer is way above the experience of those mentioned above (bar DC).

I'd love him to come back and maybe snatch a victory for Ferrari this season, it would be a very positive an unforgettable outing for him!

ioan
28th July 2009, 14:35
Calm yourself.

"If they approach Michael, then he will consider it"

Not quite a press conference announcing his return is it :p

No, but at least it doesn't say he won't do it if they ask him.

BTCC2
28th July 2009, 14:45
Shumacher back at Ferrari...Mouthwatering prospect for any F1 fan.

Dave B
28th July 2009, 14:50
We'll have a Muslim pope, Satan skating to work, Heathrow closed due to a swarm of low-flying pigs, and a bear deciding not to deficate in his natural habitat before Schumacher returns to F1.

NickFalzone
28th July 2009, 14:56
I agree Dave. Would be fun to see, but not going to happen. And call me a cynic but I just don't think Schumie is going to be as fast as some of the younger drivers Ferrari is looking at.

ArrowsFA1
28th July 2009, 15:07
Michael Schumacher's manager Willi Weber has moved quickly to deny speculation that the German driver could make a shock return to Formula 1.

Weber told The Daily Mail: "Whoever sits in the car at the next race in Valencia, it will not be Michael Schumacher. I am not 100 per cent sure; I am 200 per cent sure.

"The pressure on him would be huge. He would be expected to win, but he has not driven this car. When Michael was racing he would get as close to perfection as possible. In this case, it would not be perfection; it would be a gamble - and that's not Michael's style."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77396

Wouldn't normally pay any attention to the Daily Mail, but at least they have direct quotes from WW.

Psycho!
28th July 2009, 18:16
http://www.f1way.com/news/2009/July/28/schu-could-return-at-spa-monza---manager

Hmmm....What about that??

DexDexter
28th July 2009, 18:41
That's a big IF.

By all means he didn't stop racing since he retired. and he's in excellent physical form, I'd say better than some F1 drivers ever were.

I'm 99% sure that he is still faster than Badoer, Gene, Bourdais, DC or others that are linked to keep the seat warm for Felipe, not to mention his experience as a racer and car developer is way above the experience of those mentioned above (bar DC).

I'd love him to come back and maybe snatch a victory for Ferrari this season, it would be a very positive an unforgettable outing for him!

But he has nothing to gain by returning. He's done it all before and now the Ferrari is not even a top car and he can't test it.

goodf1fun
28th July 2009, 20:04
he will never do the mistake of some others...even for testing (mika...!!)

ioan
28th July 2009, 20:26
But he has nothing to gain by returning.

Like having fun in a 2009 F1 car with KERS? And not just driving it around Mugello but racing it for real!

He's done it all before and now the Ferrari is not even a top car and he can't test it.

So what if it isn't a top car, it isn't a back marker car either going by the recent results, it's at least as good as the 2005 Ferrari.

IMO if he doesn't come back it isn't because he's afraid that he's to slow, or that his wins to starts ratio will diminish! It will only be because of not needing the hassle of being away from his family every 2nd week.

ioan
28th July 2009, 20:27
he will never do the mistake of some others...even for testing (mika...!!)

MS did testing last season, and he was still very fast!

Sonic
28th July 2009, 21:08
Yeah he did test last year and was still quick as you say Ioan, but EVEN a driving god like Shumi can't be expected to walk into a car that is radically different from the F2008 he last drove and stick it top 4. Can he be bothered?

CNR
28th July 2009, 21:34
Replacing Massa- Bernie wants Alonso-Ferrari says impossible-Schumacher back in the picture?
http://www.examiner.com/x-6666-Formula-One-Examiner~y2009m7d28-Massa-replacement--Bernie-wants-AlonsoFerrari-says-impossibleSchumacher-back-in-the-picture

Proving once again beyond a shadow of a doubt that his mouth can beat his brain to the finish line every time, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has declared that Fernando Alonso in a Ferrari in Valencia would be “the best thing”.
Bernie Knows Best
"If Renault would release Alonso, and if Ferrari want him, it would be the best thing for Formula One, for Valencia, for everybody," F1 chief executive Ecclestone (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-ecclestone-wants-alonso-in-a-ferrari-at-valencia/) told Germany's Auto Bild.

While I am sure that Fernando in a Ferrari makes lots of economic sense-and it would also add such wonderful alliterative verse possibilities to F1 journalistic types everywhere- I also would have loved to see the look on Renault Boss Flavio Briatore's face when he heard that Ferrari snatching away his two-time World Champion driver is Bernie's idea about the best thing “for everybody”!

Ari
29th July 2009, 00:35
Seriously.... thread title a little mis-leading much?

Article basically says nothing more than we all thought come Satuday night.

Rollo
29th July 2009, 01:15
We'll have a Muslim pope, Satan skating to work, Heathrow closed due to a swarm of low-flying pigs, and a bear deciding not to deficate in his natural habitat before Schumacher returns to F1.

Stranger things than this have been suggested. Namely...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm
The most qualified, Schumacher aside, is BBC F1 pundit David Coulthard, who won 13 grands prix before retiring at the end of last season. He is under contract to Red Bull, who would need to give him permission to race if Ferrari approached him. :eek:

Incidentally the Pope really does deficate in the woods,
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/4/49/Popewoods.jpg/180px-Popewoods.jpg

...but the bear is a Catholic.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/7/73/Bear-e2.jpg/200px-Bear-e2.jpg

Valve Bounce
29th July 2009, 01:56
One important question: will SchM be allowed to test a current Ferrari in the next three weeks before the next GP at Valencia? Or do the current rules forbid all forms of testing?

Garry Walker
29th July 2009, 08:30
One important question: will SchM be allowed to test a current Ferrari in the next three weeks before the next GP at Valencia? Or do the current rules forbid all forms of testing?

all testing is banned.

Dave B
29th July 2009, 08:42
Limited straight-line testing is allowed, but I'm guessing Michael already knows how to drive a racing car down a runway.

ioan
29th July 2009, 09:36

Straight line testing is allowed.
They also have a simulator I suppose.

Sonic
29th July 2009, 09:45
True. Although everything said here makes me thing Ferrari will lean towards someone who has driven this car before - even if it was 7 months ago! :rolleyes: Stooooopid F ing testing rules

ioan
29th July 2009, 10:00
Let's not forget that we are talking about the driver who blew away all the expectations the very first time he sat in a F1 car, he went on to out qualify his much much more experienced team mates starting with his very first race.

After the first 90 minutes of FP he would be as fast as possible in any F1 car out there.

Some people are talking as if MS was Aguersuari experience 2, and we all know that even that rookie adapted very very fast to the 2009 STR.

BDunnell
29th July 2009, 10:21
Some people are talking as if MS was Aguersuari experience 2

:laugh:

29th July 2009, 10:26
I hope Michael doesn't do it, personally.

Nothing to prove, nothing to gain.

ioan
29th July 2009, 11:05

The pleasure of driving the latest F1 cars + lots of fun for free!

Just look at how many risks he takes riding motor bikes in order to get his fix of adrenaline. It's not like he suddenly changed into someone who only goes to the beach and enjoys the sunny weather.

I think that if they ask him , he would accept it. He's got nothing to lose unless, God forbid, he has a bad accident, and this is where his wife might have a say right now.

Paolo Italy
29th July 2009, 11:39
in the meanwhile yesterday in FIORANO testing circuit Mr MSC drove all day with last year car................

BDunnell
29th July 2009, 11:40

I generally agree - but still, it would be nice to see.

Knock-on
29th July 2009, 11:41
It would be superb to see MS back in a Ferrari against a team mate that would obviously be under no team orders but it's very unlikely.

However, there is a good reason he might and that is because of Massa.

I believe he and Massa have a genuine friendship and MS has helped mold Massa into the racer he is today rather than the liability he was. I think MS might keep his seat warm to avoid anyone threatening Massa's future.

He might race for 1 race or the rest of the season but knows he will step out and Massa will step straight in as soon as he's ready.

If some other hot shot came in and drove a storm, it would give weight to the question of whether Kimi and Massa aren't achieving the maximum potential that the car has to offer.

Personally, I believe Massa has earned his ride and wish him a speedy return and would not like to see this terribly unlucky stroke of fate having further repercussions.

ioan
29th July 2009, 12:16
in the meanwhile yesterday in FIORANO testing circuit Mr MSC drove all day with last year car................

Source?

I think they are allowed to use past years cars only with tires meant for parades and shows.

ioan
29th July 2009, 12:18
It would be superb to see MS back in a Ferrari against a team mate that would obviously be under no team orders but it's very unlikely.

However, there is a good reason he might and that is because of Massa.

I believe he and Massa have a genuine friendship and MS has helped mold Massa into the racer he is today rather than the liability he was. I think MS might keep his seat warm to avoid anyone threatening Massa's future.

He might race for 1 race or the rest of the season but knows he will step out and Massa will step straight in as soon as he's ready.

If some other hot shot came in and drove a storm, it would give weight to the question of whether Kimi and Massa aren't achieving the maximum potential that the car has to offer.

Personally, I believe Massa has earned his ride and wish him a speedy return and would not like to see this terribly unlucky stroke of fate having further repercussions.

Excellent post!

PS: I also read that Kimi commented about this matter and he said he would pretty much prefer the driver in the other car to be no one else but Felipe, and if it isn't him than he doesn't care who it is. I very much appreciated this comment of his.

Sonic
29th July 2009, 12:23
Source?

I think they are allowed to use past years cars only with tires meant for parades and shows.

Indeed. No link.

Paolo Italy
29th July 2009, 12:52
Source?

I was in Maranello and Fiorano yesterday.

ioan
29th July 2009, 12:54

That's excellent news than.
Thanks for posting this! :)

Knock-on
29th July 2009, 12:54
Source?

I'm not too sure about wether they are allowed to run this years tyres or not but I doubt it.

I can confirm from personal experience this year that they are allowed to use last years cars as much as they like and they were shod in grooved tyres from memory.However, they are not allowed to run this years cars on a track.

ioan
29th July 2009, 12:57
I'm not too sure about wether they are allowed to run this years tyres or not but I doubt it.

I can confirm from personal experience this year that they are allowed to use last years cars as much as they like and they were shod in grooved tyres from memory.However, they are not allowed to run this years cars on a track.

Yep, that's what I remembered too. They can use past technologies but nothing that would improve the current race car.

Now that Paolo confirmed that he saw the test himself, I'm positive that there is a good chance to see MS back in F1 in 3 weeks time! :)

Valve Bounce
29th July 2009, 13:22

Maybe that's a good thing. Now he can race just for the pure enjoyment of racing in F1. Like someone who wants to go club racing in style.

The way I see it, SchM still misses F1 - he loves being involved.

Valve Bounce
29th July 2009, 13:25

LINK PLEASE

and pics if you have some.

ioan
29th July 2009, 13:28
Maybe that's a good thing. Now he can race just for the pure enjoyment of racing in F1. Like someone who wants to go club racing in style.

Exactly. He retired for several reasons.
One of them was because he was tired of the pressure he was putting on himself day and night to perform at top level for 16 years.
The other was to give Felipe the chance to have a top seat, while he didn't know if he wanted to stay.
And there was certainly his wife trying to make him quit already for years.

Subbing for Felipe in a handful of races will be lot easier than fighting fro a championship, and he would surely enjoy it.

Sonic
29th July 2009, 13:30

Well I guess seeing as he's been outed as the stig he has some free time on his hands.... :p : :D

29th July 2009, 13:30

And yet Gazetta Dello Sport has nothing?

ioan
29th July 2009, 13:36
And yet Gazetta Dello Sport has nothing?

Gazetta will probably publish the news when Ferrari will allow them to, and I suppose it will be after they make a decision.

Apparently it's being discussed today by LdM and SD.

Dave B
29th July 2009, 14:24
Sorry, but no other source seems to exist for this even among some of the less credible F1 sites and rumourmills. :dozey:

ArrowsFA1
29th July 2009, 14:32
Sorry, but no other source seems to exist for this even among some of the less credible F1 sites and rumourmills. :dozey:
Fiorano's hardly hidden away in the middle of nowhere is it, so it's difficult to imagine the sports journos in Italy not getting a sniff of this...if it happened.

Perhaps MS was there having his Fiat 500 serviced :p

race_director
29th July 2009, 14:40
well i guess it will be better to see MSC in ferrari , rather than some Nelson/Alex/Sato etc.. . hang out with his wang out in the ferrari pits in place of Massa

driveace
29th July 2009, 14:40
what about the other Senario. Kimi has a big off on the 1000 lakes this weekend and he is out of F1.Do we have another spare driver ?

race_director
29th July 2009, 14:42
what about the other Senario. Kimi has a big off on the 1000 lakes this weekend and he is out of F1.Do we have another spare driver ?

was he drinking vodka then ?

ShiftingGears
29th July 2009, 14:46
I love jokes about Kimi drinking Vodka. They're so...original.

markabilly
29th July 2009, 14:48
i thought he was out of it some time ago......

sorry i could not resist.
I wonder if it is based on my own perception or is tamb's posts about him are affecting my judgment?
better lay off the aide for a while

ioan
29th July 2009, 15:17
I love jokes about Kimi drinking Vodka. They're so...original.

To be honest just because you're a teetotaler it doesn't mean other people don't drink vodka or stronger stuff.

Actually I agree that drinking vodka is less original than not drinking it. :D

555-04Q2
29th July 2009, 15:42
I would love to see Schumi race again, even for just one race. It would bring back fond memories for me.

However, I dont see it happening. He's.....old now. Also, I know he is a fitness freak and all but would he be fit enough to last a full race weekend again?

ioan
29th July 2009, 16:36
I would love to see Schumi race again, even for just one race. It would bring back fond memories for me.

However, I dont see it happening. He's.....old now. Also, I know he is a fitness freak and all but would he be fit enough to last a full race weekend again?

Is it more physically demanding to drive a car or a bike at 300 kmh?

Ghostwalker
29th July 2009, 16:57
Didn't Jean Alesi drive until he was like 42 or something?

gm99
29th July 2009, 17:50
Schumi confirms that he will indeed sub for Massa on his homepage:

http://www.michael-schumacher.de/?page=news&story_id=82077&lang=de

Basically, he says that he talked to Domenicali and Montezemolo today and they agreed he would step into Felipe's car if necessary.

Dave B
29th July 2009, 17:52
Autosport are reporting Schuey for Valencia! :eek:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77418

I'll keep my eyes peeled for that Muslim pope... ;)

ioan
29th July 2009, 17:53
Excellent! :)
Our friend Paolo was well informed! :up:

ioan
29th July 2009, 17:54
Autosport are reporting Schuey for Valencia! :eek:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77418

I'll keep my eyes peeled for that Muslim pope... ;)

We might see a bear that goes to the toilet, before that! :)

ioan
29th July 2009, 17:59
And Willi Webber's words are worth jack $hit. :D

Sonic
29th July 2009, 18:00
OMG he's back. Stunned.

woody2goody
29th July 2009, 18:04
Excellent :)

Wow, Schumacher, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel, Button, Webber and Alonso (after Valencia at least).

Somebody
29th July 2009, 18:16
I don't get it.

Schumacher's got nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing this (including his health, especially if he's already nursing a neck injury), and hasn't even driven a 2009-spec car (which is, of course, very different from the 2006-spec car he last drove in anger)

karlzoro
29th July 2009, 18:20
So he's back, if we like it or not...
It could be interesting

Bagwan
29th July 2009, 18:21
Excellent :)

Wow, Schumacher, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel, Button, Webber and Alonso (after Valencia at least).

If the old shoe is really back , then all we need is JV in that Brawn car and you have a show !

BDunnell
29th July 2009, 18:21
Well, this will be quite something.

ioan
29th July 2009, 18:22
I don't get it.

Schumacher's got nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing this (including his health, especially if he's already nursing a neck injury), and hasn't even driven a 2009-spec car (which is, of course, very different from the 2006-spec car he last drove in anger)

He's got nothing to lose (I'm not even daring to think about injuries)

He retired 3 years ago.
If he does well than great if not he's got the best excuse available!

He has driven the F2008 several times. ;)
He's also great on slick tires, even in the wet! :D

BDunnell
29th July 2009, 18:26
He retired 3 years ago.
If he does well than great if not he's got the best excuse available!

Exactly. I think that seeing a driver of his calibre in a racing car, no matter whether there might be younger drivers out there who would kill for such an opportunity, ought to be a pleasure for all, no matter what one's views on Schumacher himself might be.

jens
29th July 2009, 18:27
Ohohoohooo. Wow, incredible. Amazing!! :eek: :hot: :D What is wrong with today? What the hell is going on?? :p : All kinds of news - BMW's departure, MS comeback.

But to at his comeback realistically, then the expectations have to be lowered. He is 40 years old, hasn't raced in F1 for 3 years, hasn't driven an F1 car for 1,5 years, hasn't driven F60 at all. Despite the undoubted talent MS has, this is going to be very challenging even for him. If with such background he manages to more or less at least match Kimi, already this would be a truly amazing achievement. "Getting beaten" would be, however, the 'expected' outcome.

Daniel
29th July 2009, 18:33
Love this :)

ioan
29th July 2009, 18:40
Start training harder Michael.

Luckily Felipe's alive, otherwise 'Rocky 4' anyone?! ;)

VkmSpouge
29th July 2009, 18:41
This will be very interesting to see Michael Schumacher back. He'll be coming in with no testing or familiarity with the car but he'll also have no pressure, he isn't competing for the Drivers' Championship and Ferrari can't win the Constructors' Championship this year, so essentially Schumacher can drive and enjoy himself.

ioan
29th July 2009, 18:43
You can bet Felipe will be in the pits in Valencia to give him tips about the track. :D

Dave B
29th July 2009, 18:51
The scary thing is that, as we saw in Hungary, Ferrari now have a potentially race-winning car. With no drivers' championship to worry about there certainly won't be team orders - Schuey is genuinely in with a chance of victory.

I bet Kimi's piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!* :p

(*edit: in the American sense of the word, obviously :andrea: )

Zico
29th July 2009, 19:00
Cant get any more official confirmation than from Michaels own website.. http://www.michael-schumacher.de/?page=news&story_id=&lang=uk

He'll be coming in with no testing or familiarity with the car

Absolutey no testing till practice and qualy?? Geez, right in at the deepend.

Fantastic news, be really interesting to see how he fares against Kimi. However rusty he may be at the start of practice, a driver of his calibre and experience could be at least mixing it with Kimi come qualifying.. cant wait to see the outcome.

After BMW's anouncement to the detriment of F1 we get news like this!

I predict record viewing figures..

Bagwan
29th July 2009, 19:02
The scary thing is that, as we saw in Hungary, Ferrari now have a potentially race-winning car. With no drivers' championship to worry about there certainly won't be team orders - Schuey is genuinely in with a chance of victory.

I bet Kimi's piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!* :p

(*edit: in the American sense of the word, obviously :andrea: )

In both senses , Dave , as they all have a few weeks off .

nigelred5
29th July 2009, 19:03
And we finally get to see Kimi vs Michael!!

ioan
29th July 2009, 19:14
In a no win situation for Kimi. Oh the irony!

nigelred5
29th July 2009, 19:15
And Willi Webber's words are worth jack $hit. :D

Or Michael calls the shots in his own career now. :)

IIRC, his contract with Ferrari ends this year, so it's one last shot at a current Ferrari. He's the best driver currently on Ferrari's payroll so he might as well Drive!! Had Kimi and Filipe been challenging for the championship and the top of the standings winning the amount ofraces that Ferrari usually wins, then somehow I think the pressure and decision would have been different. If he doesn't do any better than they were, it's the car.

Dang is this going to be a long month until Valencia!!!

nigelred5
29th July 2009, 19:20

I've seen reports that Kimi's performance and future for next year is being evaluated. What an evaluation!!

"Ok boy, let me see whatcha got!"

MS basically stepped aside for Kimi who was signed very early, so Massa could keep his well earned seat. Lets see if MS will outclass Kimi and send him packing to make room for Alonzo.

I bet all of those crappy Italian TV ratings and the demand for seats at Velencia they were worried about just skyrocketed.

Triumph
29th July 2009, 19:22
I've just heard this on Channel 5 news. I wish they would make up their minds because on the radio this morning Willi Weber was quoted as saying he was '200%' sure that Michael wouldn't be making a return to F1.

nigelred5
29th July 2009, 19:24
When exactly will Ioan's head pop in anticipation of Valencia :) ;)

TMorel
29th July 2009, 19:35
Damn, I just forked out for some stupid diamond thing from Tiffanys.
For the money I dropped on that, I could have gone to the next few races and witnessed the show.

Firstgear
29th July 2009, 19:44
When exactly will Ioan's head pop in anticipation of Valencia :) ;)
Which head? :D (sorry - couldn't resist)

If Jamie can run without any testing and huge pressure, MS should be able to shake off the rust and perform, seeing as the only pressure he should face is the pressure he puts on himself. I don't think he would do this if he thought there was even a slight possibility that he wasn't ready for it.

Kimi pissed? I would think Gene & Badoer would be equally pissed.

I'm not a MS fan, but I am looking forward to this.

DexDexter
29th July 2009, 20:09

True, well at least Kimi can sleep knowing that whatever will happen, Ferrari will pay him zillions of euros next year :) .

christophulus
29th July 2009, 20:28
Amazed. He's coming back in a car he's never driven, at a circuit he's never been to, three years after retiring. I know he's bloody good but I think even Schumacher will struggle to do well.

I'm sure Bernie has wet himself with excitement though. No Alonso? A comeback from Schumacher is sure to shift those Valencia tickets! :p

DexDexter
29th July 2009, 20:37
Amazed. He's coming back in a car he's never driven, at a circuit he's never been to, three years after retiring. I know he's bloody good but I think even Schumacher will struggle to do well.

I'm sure Bernie has wet himself with excitement though. No Alonso? A comeback from Schumacher is sure to shift those Valencia tickets! :p

I think Schumi will do very well, but I don't think this is a negative thing for Kimi, on the contrary. He will rise to the occasion as well. By the way, this is the first time that two world champions are team mates since Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna.

Chaparral66
29th July 2009, 20:39
I think Schumi will do very well, but I don't think this is a negative thing for Kimi, on the contrary. He will rise to the occasion as well. By the way, this is the first time that two world champions are team mates since Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna.

I'm looking forward to this, seeing Schuey and Lewis Hamilton on the same track.

gloomyDAY
29th July 2009, 20:43
Awesome.

We still have 3 weeks until the bloody next race!

ioan
29th July 2009, 20:48
Awesome.

We still have 3 weeks until the bloody next race!

It's actually a good thing, MS will have time to prepare thoroughly for it! :D

PS: And my GF will be happy that I don't want to stay home Saturday and Sunday at noon! ;)

AndyRAC
29th July 2009, 21:06
It's great news, can't wait, MS back in the Ferrari....

woody2goody
29th July 2009, 21:22
Now it's confirmed I still think Schumi's in a win-win situation.

Even if he does relatively badly in Valencia, he'll be fine when he gets to the other tracks, especially somewhere like Monza and Suzuka.

Abu Dhabi will be new to everybody so he'll be fine there too.

I can see him being extremely quick with the new cars. His talent will shine through methinks.

I really can't wait for Valencia, on my birthday! What a birthday present that will be.

Sonic
29th July 2009, 21:23
Well we can say one thing for sure. MS return has fired the imagination - so many peeps I've never seen post on the F1 forum (in my brief time) and all of them excited about the return of the best

For my part i'd love to see ickle lewy try to put the shumi chop on the master himself.

ioan
29th July 2009, 21:31
For my part i'd love to see ickle lewy try to put the shumi chop on the master himself.

You can be sure Lewy will do something stupid trying to prove something equally stupid! :D

woody2goody
29th July 2009, 21:40
One thing's for sure, Hamilton and Schumacher on the front row together is a recipe for disaster! :D

seb_sh
29th July 2009, 22:04
This is good news, like him or not MS used to be a huge part of F1 and personally I'm happy to see him back. I don't think there's anything to loose for him and I also doubt he will be slow, it's not like he lost his talent and he has been keeping in shape. Sure he hasn't driven the latest car but a driver of his caliber should be able to adapt quickly, it's still an F1 car.

yodasarmpit
29th July 2009, 22:04
You can be sure Lewy will do something stupid trying to prove something equally stupid! :D
Pretty much guaranteed.

I can't wait to see Schumi back in the mix again, I'm getting all giddy inside :D

DexDexter
29th July 2009, 22:08
One thing's for sure, Hamilton and Schumacher on the front row together is a recipe for disaster! :D

Why? Hamilton hasn't raced Schumi, there is absolutely no history. I would say that Barrichello and Schumi on the front row would be a much more interesting case.

Somebody
29th July 2009, 22:13
I love the way the BBC Sport site is listing this at the top:#

* FOOTBALL BBC Sport understands that Everton will reject a new offer from Man City for Joleon Lescott
* FOOTBALL Celtic lose 1-0 in the first leg of their Champions League qualifier against Dinamo Moscow
* FORMULA 1 Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to replace Felipe Massa at European GP
* SCHUMACHER RETURN Ferrari say Schumacher will race for them for as long as Massa is out of action
* SCHUMACHER RETURN "As the competitor I am, I very much look forward to facing this challenge"
* FOOTBALL Manchester City sign centre-back Kolo Toure from Arsenal on a four-year deal
* SWIMMING Michael Phelps smashes his own world record to win gold in men's 200m butterfly
Apparently, "Schumacher Return" has become a sport in its' own right :)

CNR
29th July 2009, 22:15
this may be a 1 race return
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZL4O74AuFCZPVu46lEpnuLXEFzQD99OAUAO0

Brazilian driver and friend Popo Bueno said Massa had asked about his chances of racing in Valencia in three weeks, the next race on the F1 calendar.

Q: Can michael win the race (he has done some testing in the 2009 car last year)

Family doctor Dino Altman said Massa was surprised to hear that McLaren's Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian GP and that Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen was second.
"This was my race,"

Brown, Jon Brow
29th July 2009, 22:19
Love it! :D

Somebody
29th July 2009, 22:25
this may be a 1 race return
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZL4O74AuFCZPVu46lEpnuLXEFzQD99OAUAO0
After emergency head surgery and a fractured skull, I find it hard to believe Massa would be allowed to race again this year. [Although I believe entirely that Massa would WANT to do so.]

woody2goody
29th July 2009, 22:37
After emergency head surgery and a fractured skull, I find it hard to believe Massa would be allowed to race again this year. [Although I believe entirely that Massa would WANT to do so.]

Yeah I think it would be dangerous. Massa can't win the title, his seat is not under threat, so he should go home, be at the birth of his child, look after it for a couple of months, and then come back in January or February.

After all this he should minimise the risk for while.

Sonic
29th July 2009, 22:51
I am pretty certain that the FIA will have some fairly stringent tests for Massa before they allow him to get back to action. Being fully medically recovered from a brain injury is a long way shy of being at race fitness.

But then I'm the guy who said MS would NOT return - so WTF do I know?

veeten
29th July 2009, 23:40
awwww... :(

I thought there would, at least, there would be a posting by fousto about 'the Cheat' 's return, as he used to call him... ;) :p :

Saint Devote
29th July 2009, 23:57
This is superb news - I would like to see it confirmed by Schumi himself.

Nobody could convince me that Raikkonen did not swallow hard when he read this because his mouth got suddenly very, very dry....!

Saint Devote
30th July 2009, 00:04
True, well at least Kimi can sleep knowing that whatever will happen, Ferrari will pay him zillions of euros next year :) .

He is already extremely wealthy. Beyond a certain point more money soothes nothing.

The significance of racing as teammate to Schumi will not be lost on him.

I just recall that wonderul passing manuver at Interlagos by Schumi on Raikonnen :-]

wedge
30th July 2009, 00:12

Or the other way round!

Who's going to cheat and lie first? :D

ioan
30th July 2009, 00:20
There no chance Felipe will be back in a car in less than 2 months, that's what the Hungarian doctors who performed the surgery on his skull said, and I tend to believe that they know best.

The bones of his head will be far from being healed after 3 and a half weeks and his brain concussions even less.

I hope his personal doctor will be convincing enough and keep him away from the cockpit for the next 8 weeks.

I'd love to see him back but I'd rather have him back when it's safe for his future.

BTCC2
30th July 2009, 00:26

Sadly this is too long to be saved as my signiture.

Daniel
30th July 2009, 00:28
ROFL

You fool :p

Valve Bounce
30th July 2009, 00:35
Remember, I was the one who told you first that SchM would be back. For all those who are saying otherwise, listen up: SchM has nothing to prove. And no matter what the outcome will be at Valencia, he will not need to make any excuses. The only people who could possibly doubt that have "Memory Deficit Disorder"

Now, this other thing below is just a suggestion, not a prediction: "Will SchM's return to F1 lead to a SchM+STR?" That is the question.

Zico
30th July 2009, 00:37
This is superb news - I would like to see it confirmed by Schumi himself.

Here you go.. http://www.michael-schumacher.de/?page=news&story_id=&lang=uk ;)

Roamy
30th July 2009, 00:40
awwww... :(

I thought there would, at least, there would be a posting by fousto about 'the Cheat' 's return, as he used to call him... ;) :p :

Well I was going to but so far I just don't know which thread to put it on :p

Chaparral66
30th July 2009, 02:01
There no chance Felipe will be back in a car in less than 2 months, that's what the Hungarian doctors who performed the surgery on his skull said, and I tend to believe that they know best.

The bones of his head will be far from being healed after 3 and a half weeks and his brain concussions even less.

I hope his personal doctor will be convincing enough and keep him away from the cockpit for the next 8 weeks.

I'd love to see him back but I'd rather have him back when it's safe for his future.

If I were Massa, I'd just call it a season right now. the important thing is to get better, the racing can come later, if he can get cleared to do it at all. He can use the off season to get properly prepared. I wouldn't let Massa back in the car. Let Schuey take it from here.

truefan72
30th July 2009, 02:12
stunning news

I go on a min vacation to Virgina beach for 2 days and come back to 2 stunning stories.

I'm glad to see MSC back in F1. I for one thought that he was kinda forced out of the team when he truly was not ready to compete. It is the best option for Ferrari and hopefully he can perform close to the level he had in 2006, It will be tough to regain that race mind set and the physicality of these new cars will be a challenge too.

The question mark out there will be the dynamics of team and how it will be set up to accommodate MSC's typical "everyone focusing on me" attitude and team set up with Kimi a legitimate equal to MSC in terms of driver quality and tour de force.

Quietly I'm sure Lewis Hamilton is also happy that he at least got to compete vs one of his idols.

Roamy
30th July 2009, 02:47
wow this could be the crow you have all been waiting for. If he is able to step back in the car and beat Rak then I will have to give him his dues. This will be great to watch. Now if TAD comes with him all bets are off and the crow flys away. This is great for F1. I wonder how much testing he will get and in what and where?

555-04Q2
30th July 2009, 06:20
Great news for Schumi fans :up: :)

I cant wait for Valencia. I'm sure F1 viewership numbers will increase dramatically for the next race as should ticket sales :up:

leopard
30th July 2009, 06:37
From the way they didn't assign replacement driver for Hungary indicates they want and have optimism that Massa will get back. Let's wait what doctor can advise him whether or not he can race in the next couple races. They know better than us. :)

Mark
30th July 2009, 07:57
Wow! I was no fan of Schumacher during his racing years but this should be brilliant to watch!

I hope he gets into the car and out qualifies Kimi at the very first race! He would be pissed! (In both the American and British sense of the word :p )

wmcot
30th July 2009, 08:02
PS: And my GF will be happy that I don't want to stay home Saturday and Sunday at noon! ;)

Your Giancarlo Fisichella? ;)

CNR
30th July 2009, 08:07
I am pretty certain that the FIA will have some fairly stringent tests for Massa before they allow him to get back to action. Being fully medically recovered from a brain injury is a long way shy of being at race fitness.

But then I'm the guy who said MS would NOT return - so WTF do I know?

the closest i can think of is richard hammond
TOP Gear star Richard Hammond had a battle convincing doctors to let him get his driving licence back after his near-fatal crash.

wmcot
30th July 2009, 08:11
I'm not surprised really. I mean look at the options. Who is the best choice to fill an empty seat in a Ferrari? The names being tossed around were

Badoer (last race about 1995-1996),
Gene (filled in for Montoya in 2003 or so),
Villeneuve (maybe if it was a Peugeot),
Alonso (sure, Briatore's going to loan him out, lol)
Bourdais (no comment)

If you are Ferrari and have a load of money invested in the car, who would you call up on a last-minute basis? I'd go with MS. It may take him a race or two, but he'll fit in where he left off. Too bad there's not an exception to the no testing ban for emergencies like this (of course you'd have to have the FIA seal everything on the car to make sure a few extra pieces aren't being tested, too.)

If nothing else, this makes the season more interesting just to see how well MS can do after a couple of years off!

ArrowsFA1
30th July 2009, 08:13
Well, well, well. This is a surprise.

It'll be great to see MS back racing for "his" team, and subbing for his friend Felipe. I guess the "old man" just couldn't resist the temptation one more time.

Let's hope this comeback is more Mario at Monza than Wattie and Brands.

steveaki13
30th July 2009, 08:24
Actually Badaoer's last race was 1999 for Minardi I think

ioan
30th July 2009, 10:15
Your Giancarlo Fisichella? ;)

Hell no! :laugh:

Knock-on
30th July 2009, 10:36
This is the best news F1 has had for a long time (with no disrespect whatsoever intended to Massa).

The Master is back in a front running car and into what is one of the strongest fields for a LONG time.

Battle 1 - Master vs Pretender

I think this will fire Kimi up. I hope so but it will be like trying to stop an avalanche and may just kill off Kimi's Ferrari career (or make it of course ;) )

Battle 2 - Right of succession

Alonso argueably reached up and took the crown off Schumy towards the end of his career. Schumy might like to make a point which would be explosive to watch :D

Battle 3 - The dog that turned

Now that lap dog has his muzzle off, it will be interesting to see them go toe to toe. "Interesting" in a spit in your eye sort of way :laugh:

Battle 4 - Jedi Vs Padwan

The apprentice is just about ready to claim the Master mantle. He has raced hard as a rookie and lost out on a championship by a whisker. He has raced in an inferior car and won by a hair. This year he has been dumped on his ass by the car and has had to drag himself up by spirit and willpower alone unless you think the McLaren is the best car out there all of a sudden :rolleyes: This is the battle I want to see and I am sure they will fight hard and fair (ish) I will sell my left bollock to get to the next race :laugh:

This means soooo much to F1 after all the crap that with Max going and finishing the season talking about racing may be enough to turn this sport around.

One person I haven't mentioned is Button. It seems everyone on the grid will want to have a pop except him. This plays right into the Brawn GP's drivers hands.

What a great season it's turning into.

Giuseppe F1
30th July 2009, 11:14
Just had a thought, with Schuey returning to partner Kimi, is this the first time that Ferrari will have 2 champions in the same team at the same time????

Ranger
30th July 2009, 11:23
Just had a thought, with Schuey returning to partner Kimi, is this the first time that Ferrari will have 2 champions in the same team at the same time????

No.

Ascari and Farina were both champions when they drove for Ferrari in 1953.

It's not common for any team really, the last time where two drivers were already WDC's driving in the same team was in 1989 with Senna and Prost.

Knock-on
30th July 2009, 11:52
http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/flyingpigs.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3075/2855246973_5aa563fb6f_o.jpg

http://www.blight.com/~mick/Weblog/BeanPope.JPG

And my personal fave

http://home.roadrunner.com/~moonshadao/popesinwoods.jpg

leopard
30th July 2009, 12:04
I guess team will have to ensure that Kimi is pleased with the presence of Schumi at the track...

ioan
30th July 2009, 12:51
I guess team will have to ensure that Kimi is pleased with the presence of Schumi at the track...

?!
It's not like Kimi owns Ferrari or he has something to say in the matter.

christophulus
30th July 2009, 13:21
He's got a lot of changes to contend with, not to mention the fact he can't drive the car until the Friday morning.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/07/30/the-changes-michael-schumacher-will-have-to-contend-with-in-his-f1-comeback/

So that's zero testing mileage to start with. He's never raced or driven with KERS, and everyone uses the same spec tyres now - no Bridgestone vs Michelin difference. No traction control, far less downforce...

...this could be an amazing comeback, but there's an equal chance it could be a huge embarrassment. Who knows?

Brown, Jon Brow
30th July 2009, 13:48
He's got a lot of changes to contend with, not to mention the fact he can't drive the car until the Friday morning.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/07/30/the-changes-michael-schumacher-will-have-to-contend-with-in-his-f1-comeback/

So that's zero testing mileage to start with. He's never raced or driven with KERS, and everyone uses the same spec tyres now - no Bridgestone vs Michelin difference. No traction control, far less downforce...

...this could be an amazing comeback, but there's an equal chance it could be a huge embarrassment. Who knows?

Schumacher has driven a whole lot of F1 cars in his career, he won two championships with slicks and low downforce. I don't think he'll struggle to adapt to the current ones. Current downforce levels are probably similar to 2005 levels anyway.

Jaime Alguersuari only had the practice sessions to get used to an F1 car and he hardly disgraced himself

Valve Bounce
30th July 2009, 13:48

No problems. Ferrari have already stocked up with laughing gas (Nitrous Oxide) to pipe into Kimi's helmet from P1 on.

Valve Bounce
30th July 2009, 13:49
?!
It's not like Kimi owns Ferrari or he has something to say in the matter.

I suspect Kimi won't give a shyte. :D

Dave B
30th July 2009, 14:33
I still haven't seen any evidence for the supposed sighting of him testing an old car during the week. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it didn't happen and that somebody's telling porkies.

Knock-on
30th July 2009, 14:41
We all know what age Our Noige was when he won his Championship and what a ferocious competitor he was to the end.

Schumacher is accredited with being the best driver in the modern era, has only been out a couple of years, has been racing in other series, is still au fait with the current cars and is racing fit.

He has 3 weeks to get himself happy and will be going back into a car as the most experienced driver of the pack (apart from amount of GP's entered which doesn't count for much if results mean anything). He has no pressure and can afford to drive how he wants.

There really are no excuses for not performing and personally I think he will wring the bloody neck of that Ferrari, show up Kimi and show what pace this years car is REALLY capable of.

However, if I'm wrong and Kimi excells, then I will take off my hat to the Finn and conclude that Schumachers reputation and success has been manufacturered to some extent by the team structure at Ferrari.

I am sure others will have differing views if he fails :D

Dave B
30th July 2009, 14:50
Just a thought about this thread's title:

He was only known as MSC to differentiate from RSC. Now that his brother's no longer in F1, will he retain that nomenclature or revert to SCH or similar?

wedge
30th July 2009, 15:07
We all know what age Our Noige was when he won his Championship and what a ferocious competitor he was to the end.

Schumacher is accredited with being the best driver in the modern era, has only been out a couple of years, has been racing in other series, is still au fait with the current cars and is racing fit.

He has 3 weeks to get himself happy and will be going back into a car as the most experienced driver of the pack (apart from amount of GP's entered which doesn't count for much if results mean anything). He has no pressure and can afford to drive how he wants.

There really are no excuses for not performing and personally I think he will wring the bloody neck of that Ferrari, show up Kimi and show what pace this years car is REALLY capable of.

However, if I'm wrong and Kimi excells, then I will take off my hat to the Finn and conclude that Schumachers reputation and success has been manufacturered to some extent by the team structure at Ferrari.

I am sure others will have differing views if he fails :D

Our Noige was desperate for WDC

What has Schumi got to prove? Assessment on whether to replace Kimi with Alonso?

Just a thought about this thread's title:

He was only known as MSC to differentiate from RSC. Now that his brother's no longer in F1, will he retain that nomenclature or revert to SCH or similar?

See, this is an perfect example that you love your sport too much that you start worrying about nomenclature! :p

jens
30th July 2009, 15:26
Let's think about it for a moment. Among all the disadvantages, which argument could be the most important one preventing him from reaching top performance straightaway? Physical form? Not adapted to the car? Not having raced in F1 for 3 years?

Physical form is a concern, I suspect. He may have been training, but not as intensively as until 2006. And the forces in an F1 car should definetely not be underestimated. Arguably Ferrari is going to make a physical test for him before letting him to race at Valencia, but I think that wouldn't be a problem to pass it.

I don't think adapting to the circuit is really a problem. It's not like others have a massive advantage, having raced there only for one year and in completely different cars. For example at another street circuit - Monaco - debutant Alesi in his Tyrrell qualified third and finished second in 1990. Arguably it takes about 10-20 laps to study the circuit (plus one may walk it through before FP's too to take notice of all bumps, etc).

Adapting to the car? Well, considering his well-known reputation in technical side, I think setting up the car for circuit characteristics shouldn't be a problem. Adapting his driving to car with KERS and '09-aero characteristics? Michael with his high-level ability to adapt should be able manage it too. For example Senna at his first Williams test managed a faster laptime than Rosberg. But Ferrari sure has a lot of work to do now in the factory to fit the car for him quickly and well. Can MS make some straight-line tests before Valencia to get used to KERS-boost button, etc?

All in all it is a challenging task, but not completely impossible to impress straightaway on his comeback, considering how fit he is compared to rivals - in this area to find top form he has also age-disadvantage. One thing is clear - if Michael manages to win his first race after comeback (no matter how far-fetched or impossible does it sound), then the reputation of all current F1 drivers will be destroyed with immediate effect!

555-04Q2
30th July 2009, 15:35
Let's think about it for a moment. Among all the disadvantages, which argument could be the most important one preventing him from reaching top performance straightaway? Physical form? Not adapted to the car? Not having raced in F1 for 3 years?

Physical form is a concern, I suspect. He may have been training, but not as intensively as until 2006. And the forces in an F1 car should definetely not be underestimated. Arguably Ferrari is going to make a physical test for him before letting him to race at Valencia, but I think that wouldn't be a problem to pass it.

I don't think adapting to the circuit is really a problem. It's not like others have a massive advantage, having raced there only for one year and in completely different cars. For example at another street circuit - Monaco - debutant Alesi in his Tyrrell qualified third and finished second in 1990. Arguably it takes about 10-20 laps to study the circuit (plus one may walk it through before FP's too to take notice of all bumps, etc).

Adapting to the car? Well, considering his well-known reputation in technical side, I think setting up the car for circuit characteristics shouldn't be a problem. Adapting his driving to car with KERS and '09-aero characteristics? Michael with his high-level ability to adapt should be able manage it too. For example Senna at his first Williams test managed a faster laptime than Rosberg. But Ferrari sure has a lot of work to do now in the factory to fit the car for him quickly and well. Can MS make some straight-line tests before Valencia to get used to KERS-boost button, etc?

All in all it is a challenging task, but not completely impossible to impress straightaway on his comeback, considering how fit he is compared to rivals - in this area to find top form he has also age-disadvantage. One thing is clear - if Michael manages to win his first race after comeback (no matter how far-fetched or impossible does it sound), then the reputation of all current F1 drivers will be destroyed with immediate effect!

Fitness will be the only factor, especially his neck muscles. He is naturally talented in every other area and should remember how the pedals work immediately.

I'm not sure he will be in shape in time for Valencia.

555-04Q2
30th July 2009, 15:40

Personally, I dont think Kimi gives a sh!te who replaces Massa for now and I am looking forward to seeing an old Schumacher up against Kimi in his prime. Its hopefully gonna be classic racing from the word go.

Dave B
30th July 2009, 15:42
MS has three hours of Friday practice to get used to the car, and I'd image that a partially unfit Schuey is still a match for most of the grid. I honestly can't forsee a problem.

555-04Q2
30th July 2009, 15:48
and I'd image that a partially unfit Schuey is still a match for most of the grid. I honestly can't forsee a problem.

Not if his neck muscles fail after 20 laps, especially around a street circuit where you need 100% concentration and a straight head to see the barriers!

Brown, Jon Brow
30th July 2009, 15:48
It has just dawned on me that we wont see Schumacher versus Alonso at Valencia :bigcry:

ioan
30th July 2009, 16:18
Not if his neck muscles fail after 20 laps, especially around a street circuit where you need 100% concentration and a straight head to see the barriers!

They all do rest their heads on the cockpit sides in the more challenging corners, especially during race.

Also, remember Kimi in Monza in 2007? He was unable to keep his head up under braking because of the pain, still no one said he shouldn't drive.

I reckon 23 days is a lot of time to improve his already top level fitness.

ioan
30th July 2009, 16:19
It has just dawned on me that we wont see Schumacher versus Alonso at Valencia :bigcry:

Big deal. Alonso would have qualified first with 3 laps worth of fuel and than finished 8th or worse.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th July 2009, 16:21
Big deal. Alonso would have qualified first with 3 laps worth of fuel and than finished 8th or worse.

Still want to see the best against the best

ArrowsFA1
30th July 2009, 16:23
Reacting to the news that seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher would take his seat in the Ferrari while he was not able to drive again, Massa reportedly joked: "We have to see if I will let him drive!"
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77434

:up: :s mokin: :)

ioan
30th July 2009, 16:26
Felipe must be bitter that he can't drive, but I'm sure he is happy that it's MS standing in for him.

I'm a bit fed up with his personal doctor, Dino whatever, who keeps telling people that Felipe might be back in his seat soon, because this is putting pressure on him, pressure that isn't needed right now.

I want him back in a Ferrari and WDC by the end of 2010, but I prefer him to be 100% recuperated before he brakes the first time in a F1 car.

woody2goody
30th July 2009, 17:54
Felipe must be bitter that he can't drive, but I'm sure he is happy that it's MS standing in for him.

I'm a bit fed up with his personal doctor, Dino whatever, who keeps telling people that Felipe might be back in his seat soon, because this is putting pressure on him, pressure that isn't needed right now.

I want him back in a Ferrari and WDC by the end of 2010, but I prefer him to be 100% recuperated before he brakes the first time in a F1 car.

Me too the last thing he needs to do is come back this season.

Even if he is up to it, that's not the point, it's whether or not everything will have fully healed. The forces involved in F1 are so great, it's not like other sports, the danger is always there.

I'd just like Felipe to go home and spend time with his family and with his baby when it's born.

The championship is gone, his car is a) in capable hands, and b) safe for next season. Why risk it all to gain nothing? He should come back rested, refreshed and recuperated for winter testing in 2010.

Firstgear
30th July 2009, 18:47
I would think he won't be getting #1 status, so that will be something he'll have to adapt to. The car will have been designed & developed with Kimi & Felipe's driving styles in mind. Will this hamper him? I believe MS & FM have similar styles, so I'd imagine the car should be close enough for him to feel at least somewhat comfortable with it's characteristics.
Also, Todt & Brawn are gone, but are all the other familiar faces still there? I'm thinking specifically about his previous race engineer (don't know the name). Will he have to learn to work with a "new team", or will it be like coming back home?

woody2goody
30th July 2009, 19:03
Was Chris Dyer Schumi's engineer? Isn't he Kimi's now?

DexDexter
30th July 2009, 19:07
Personally, I dont think Kimi gives a sh!te who replaces Massa for now and I am looking forward to seeing an old Schumacher up against Kimi in his prime. Its hopefully gonna be classic racing from the word go.

You're correct. Kimi said today in Finland that he doesn't care who is driving the other Ferrari since he can't drive it. Typical Kimi-like comment :)

ioan
30th July 2009, 20:04
Was Chris Dyer Schumi's engineer? Isn't he Kimi's now?

Yes and no.
But I suppose he'll work with Rob Smedley because Dyer is holding a higher position in the team at the moment and also it won't be so difficult for MS and Smedley to adapt to each other.

Roamy
30th July 2009, 20:16
Yes and no.
But I suppose he'll work with Rob Smedley because Dyer is holding a higher position in the team at the moment and also it won't be so difficult for MS and Smedley to adapt to each other.

Jut let me know if TAD comes back

ioan
30th July 2009, 20:34
Jut let me know if TAD comes back

His with Alonso at Renault! :D
However he said that he might consider helping BrawnGP or USF1 if they hire Villeneuve! :p

Valve Bounce
31st July 2009, 01:59
Still want to see the best against the best

Don't worry! bunsen will be there. :rolleyes:

Roamy
31st July 2009, 02:36
His with Alonso at Renault! :D
However he said that he might consider helping BrawnGP or USF1 if they hire Villeneuve! :p

JV doesn't do well with TC - has to slide the ride

555-04Q2
31st July 2009, 06:31
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77434

:up: :s mokin: :)

Thats positive news :up: Massa must be doing a lot better then :)

Rudy Tamasz
31st July 2009, 07:46
It's nice to feel a shot of adrenaline and have somebody to root against. Baby Lewey was just that, a baby evil. Now the real Evil is back! :devil:

Ranger
31st July 2009, 08:07
Me too the last thing he needs to do is come back this season.

Even if he is up to it, that's not the point, it's whether or not everything will have fully healed. The forces involved in F1 are so great, it's not like other sports, the danger is always there.

I'd just like Felipe to go home and spend time with his family and with his baby when it's born.

The championship is gone, his car is a) in capable hands, and b) safe for next season. Why risk it all to gain nothing? He should come back rested, refreshed and recuperated for winter testing in 2010.

Exactly, head injuries are something that should be left to the professionals to make the call.

Mark
31st July 2009, 08:13
Three hours practice should see him good I think.

Schumacher was famous for getting into a car with an unfamiliar setup in unfamiliar conditions and being quick immediately. e.g. He was famous for his out laps from the pits being fast when most drivers would take a little while to get used to the new balance.

leopard
31st July 2009, 09:04
However team and doctor have to ensure that he is perfectly fit to racing again.

Good news, keep consuming nutritive food, avoid booze and cigar for a moment...

Valve Bounce
31st July 2009, 10:07
Three hours practice should see him good I think.

Schumacher was famous for getting into a car with an unfamiliar setup in unfamiliar conditions and being quick immediately. e.g. He was famous for his out laps from the pits being fast when most drivers would take a little while to get used to the new balance.

When you add Saturday practice, surely it's more than three hours. I think one of the sessions is 1.5 hours.

Dave B
31st July 2009, 11:25
Two 1.5 hour sessions on Friday, 1 hour on Saturday, yes. If it was good enough for Jamie Alguersuari I'm sure MS will cope adequately.

Psycho!
31st July 2009, 11:30
Michael will drive the F2007 in Mugello this weekend!!

leopard
31st July 2009, 11:38
Michael will drive the F2007 in Mugello this weekend!!

Team and doctor will observe that Massa is fit for Valencia, while Michael said that he is ready to help his little fellow Massa and his former beloved team.

The game isn't yet over. :)

Mark
31st July 2009, 11:39
BBC is accurate as ever
"The Valencia circuit has been modified since Schumacher retired"

Yes, modified in terms that it didn't exist when Schumacher retired!

Valve Bounce
31st July 2009, 11:40
There is no way that the FIA will allow Massa to race at Valencia. The guy just had an operation on his head.

Dave B
31st July 2009, 11:49
BBC is accurate as ever
"The Valencia circuit has been modified since Schumacher retired"

Yes, modified in terms that it didn't exist when Schumacher retired!

They'll have a field day if he's still in the car come Singapore!

christophulus
31st July 2009, 13:55
Hmm, FOTA seem to be suggesting they'd let Schumacher have a test in the 2009 car!

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-fota-teams-allow-schu-to-test-f60/

All the teams have to agree though so it may yet not happen. Who knows?

Mark
31st July 2009, 14:09
Hmm, FOTA seem to be suggesting they'd let Schumacher have a test in the 2009 car!

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-fota-teams-allow-schu-to-test-f60/

All the teams have to agree though so it may yet not happen. Who knows?

He's already been testing the 2007 car today.

I think letting him test the 2009 car for a defined distance would be fine but if they didn't relax that rule for Jaime Alguersuari why should Schumacher get different treatment?

Sonic
31st July 2009, 14:23
There is no way that the FIA will allow Massa to race at Valencia. The guy just had an operation on his head.

I don't know how it works in F1 but in horse racing (where blows to the head are more common) a rider has to take and pass a 'concussion test'. Until they have done so they are not allowed to race - I'm sure the FIA will employ something similar.

Ps

Firstgear
31st July 2009, 14:37
But Massa is recovering from more than just a concusion, he also had surgery. His skull may need longer to heal completely.

ioan
31st July 2009, 14:37
JV doesn't do well with TC - has to slide the ride

But sure TAD can program in to allow for the right amount of slide, nothing more, nothing less! :p :

ioan
31st July 2009, 14:38
It's nice to feel a shot of adrenaline and have somebody to root against. Baby Lewey was just that, a baby evil. Now the real Evil is back! :devil:

Turn around and go back rooting for Patrick and co. :wave:

ioan
31st July 2009, 14:40

I think letting him test the 2009 car for a defined distance would be fine but if they didn't relax that rule for Jaime Alguersuari why should Schumacher get different treatment?

Hopefully the F1 Clienti will manage to get a F2008 for him one of these days! :D
And he will probably get a straight line test day in the F60 before Valencia to get accustomed to the KERS usage..

Sonic
31st July 2009, 14:49
I don't think it much matters if he's driving the f2007, 2008 or whatever. The rubber they are bolting on is nothing like fresh and even if it was does not compare to slicks, all he needs is to pound round to get his neck up to snuff and get his brain working at F1 speeds again and he can do that in any F1 car of the last 5 years or so.

ioan
31st July 2009, 15:11
The FOTA has agreed for MS to test the F60 tomorrow at Mugello:

The Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) has agreed with Ferrari's request for Michael Schumacher to test its 2009 car at Mugello over the weekend.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/07/31/fota-says-yes-to-schumacher-test/

They still need the agreement of the FIA for this test to go ahead.

Sonic
31st July 2009, 16:19
It would make sense if the no testing rule (if we must have it) should be relaxed for mid-season driver changes, maybe with a max distance of 200km's or something. However to have one rule for one, and a different for another would be a bit stooooopid. Perhaps STR and Ham-ie can get some retrospective testing miles ;) :p

Allyc85
31st July 2009, 16:47
F'ing ridiculous that Ferrari get to test the 2009 car. They should have been made to use last years car with 09 down force and slick tyres!

Roamy
31st July 2009, 18:38
Well here we go with the big crock of sh!t - right I am fighting for every point I can get and I am just going to allow this guy to test while my drivers sit on the bench. Gee lets help Michael kick our asses. We don't want Michael to come back and suck. Gee I spent 300 million to get up here but OH wait can I help Michael kick my ass. I suppose TAD will be by to tune the car up also!! What a crock!!!

driveace
31st July 2009, 18:54
If the FIA dont approve it ,wont it still happen in private?
He has or is having a full day test in last years car,and has already said he has been on the simulator,he is really serious about this and probably thinks he can kick some ass! And probably show some of todays current drivers what a force he is ..

goodf1fun
31st July 2009, 18:59
Go Schummy Gooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I Will Watch F1 Again After 3 Years!!

Bagwan
31st July 2009, 19:05
Well here we go with the big crock of sh!t - right I am fighting for every point I can get and I am just going to allow this guy to test while my drivers sit on the bench. Gee lets help Michael kick our asses. We don't want Michael to come back and suck. Gee I spent 300 million to get up here but OH wait can I help Michael kick my ass. I suppose TAD will be by to tune the car up also!! What a crock!!!

Rack'em , Cowboy !

You really are looking forward to the next few races , aren't you ?

Yeah , I can't see why the shoe needs to have this advantage if he's good enough to put in the seat .
He sucks on 2 wheels . Are they worried he now sucks on 4 ?

The question is , is this Ferrari asking , or is it Michael saying he won't do it without a day in the car ? That would suck worse .

147 championships shouldn't get you a free pass on the rules , let alone 7 .

JV won't ask for any such candies .
Put him in and watch the fireworks .

Roamy
31st July 2009, 19:36
Bag now they are talking about testing all weekend. TAD needs some time with the airbox.

Renault should put JV in the Puket seat and then we could have a fun remainder. Oh I can see it MS asks permission to run TC because he hasn't enough time to catch on. FOTA changes name to SOTA (Shumacher and other teams) You shouldn't let this guy race you should put him in charge of the entire EU - Bow down TIREs

Dave B
31st July 2009, 19:40
What's the weather like on your planet? :p

Roamy
31st July 2009, 19:44
a quote from brockman
"Come on then: a bit of fun, predict the fate of young Jaime Alguersuari in his first ever race... hell, his first ever outing in an F1 car other than a bit of straight-line testing."

So they throw this kid in the car with no proper testing but allow the great one to test. What a CROCK of SH!T

The weather on my planet is CAVU while yours must be "Brown Haze"

TMorel
31st July 2009, 20:16
So what's really bugging you, Schumi testing, or that STR didn't bother to ask for Jaime to have the same.

Firstgear
31st July 2009, 20:19
Comparing this with STR isn't quite fair, because STR chose to replace a driver. Ferrari were forced into it due to driver injury.

But what bothers me about this is that Ferrari can use this to gather information for car development as well as for shaking off MS's rust. How can he possibly drive the car for a day (or weekend) without Ferrari gathering data? New parts can be stressed and evaluated, MS can feed data back to the team. AFAIK, none of that is allowed under the current (rather idiotic) regulations.

If he tests with an older car, I'd have no problem with it.

Roamy
31st July 2009, 20:29
Well they will just build up a car for him if not approved. They are doing in under the "Rich guys buy old cars" which is a further crock of sh!t. It is always the same with this guy - Lets have rules and then lets have "Schumacher Rules" But the funny thing is all the F1 teams are begging to get their asses kicked. So at the end of the day I may as well just say unlimited testing OK's for MS.

Psycho!
31st July 2009, 20:48
1:23.736 Schumi's time in F2007 with slicks from GP2...In a testing session back to 2007 Massa had achieved 1:20.196...Huge difference,ehhhhh?

ioan
31st July 2009, 21:55
a quote from brockman
"Come on then: a bit of fun, predict the fate of young Jaime Alguersuari in his first ever race... hell, his first ever outing in an F1 car other than a bit of straight-line testing."

So they throw this kid in the car with no proper testing but allow the great one to test. What a CROCK of SH!T

Don't forget to check your pacer every now and than, it will probably blow up if you keep over revving it. :laugh:

ioan
31st July 2009, 22:00
So what's really bugging you, Schumi testing, or that STR didn't bother to ask for Jaime to have the same.

Are you trying to talk some reason into the tequila man?!

When should have Jaime done a test when there were 10 days between when Bourdais and him were exchanged?
When would have STR booked a circuit for testing would they have money for it?

The 2009 in season testing ban was introduced because the teams asked for it.
If all the teams agree that MS can have a days running in the F60 than I don't see why the armchair experts are so exasperated. If the teams don't agree than there will probably be no test, so again, why are you guys risking a cardiac arrest because of this?

ioan
31st July 2009, 22:04
Well they will just build up a car for him if not approved. They are doing in under the "Rich guys buy old cars" which is a further crock of sh!t. It is always the same with this guy - Lets have rules and then lets have "Schumacher Rules" But the funny thing is all the F1 teams are begging to get their asses kicked. So at the end of the day I may as well just say unlimited testing OK's for MS.

So, let's see:

- Renault run last year's car at every WSR race!
- BMW do the same at WTCC races
- RBR do exhibition runs with their all over the world.
- several teams ran last year' cars at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a few weeks ago

Still MS and Ferrari are the bad guys because they had some running in a 2 years old car shod with GP2 tires!

Let me guess cowboy, you ran out of tequilla and realized that it's not JV getting the nod to replace Felipe?! :laugh:

ioan
31st July 2009, 22:06
a quote from brockman

Dave's quote is wrong. Alguersuari had last season at least one full day of testing an F1 car at the Algarve circuit.

Next time you are in the mood for making up sh!t check your sources first, or just give up.

ioan
31st July 2009, 22:12
Almost forgot. No rules were broken, so why are you guys so worked up?! :rolleyes:

BDunnell
31st July 2009, 22:25
ioan, I am delighted to see someone else other than me not knowing how to multi-quote!

More seriously, you are quite right. I see nothing against the rules; I see no unfair advantage being gained. Quite what there is to discuss about the matter I don't know.

seb_sh
31st July 2009, 22:38
Almost forgot. No rules were broken, so why are you guys so worked up?! :rolleyes:

True, I don't see what all the fuss is about, especially if all the other teams agree. Also I don't think it's crucial for MS to test the new car but he's going to have to do some magic in a new car at a new track and a night race to be competitive from his first race but in subsequent he should be able to get up to speed.

It's been a while since I've been looking forward to the next F1 race so anxiously.

Bagwan
31st July 2009, 23:10
This is about the new car test , not the old one .

Jaime ran the car straight .
Michael should be able to do the same .

The rule for no testing stopped Jaime from having experience of turning the car . He was dropped in the deep end , and did ok .
Why should it be any different for Michael , a guy who should be able to get it around the track safely ?

Jaime could have embarassed himself , or worse , with no experience , yet he was not allowed to go around the track , any track , before he made his debut last race .
And a guy who has 91 wins will likely be allowed a full day or more with un-limitted laps ?

In my opinion , Michael should decline the offer , and see how he fares .

That would show the size of his stones , and might even impress the Tucson coyote .

Michael doesn't need this . He has the might of Ferrari behind him .
All will be forgiven if he's a little rusty , but I think he will be up to speed right away anyway , even without this extra favour he's being given .

I'm pretty disappointed if he tests the F60 .

truefan72
31st July 2009, 23:20
well i guess whoever replaces NPJr will be allowed to do the same testing then

ioan
31st July 2009, 23:42
ioan, I am delighted to see someone else other than me not knowing how to multi-quote!

TBH I've never bothered trying it out! ;)

More seriously, you are quite right. I see nothing against the rules; I see no unfair advantage being gained. Quite what there is to discuss about the matter I don't know.

Remember the pre-season? After the launch of the F60 people were already claiming that Ferrari are cheating. And it was the same lunatics who are jumping around right now. Some people just never learn from their own mistakes.

ioan
31st July 2009, 23:44
well i guess whoever replaces NPJr will be allowed to do the same testing then

I suppose that if Renault asks than Ferrari wouldn't say no, but some people around here might think they know better.

Let's see what happens before jumping the gun and shooting ourselves in the foot.

Roamy
1st August 2009, 00:17
Ah I have the tequila out now --- Smoooth tranquil

Saint Devote
1st August 2009, 01:17
Schumi ought to be granted permission to test because he is not just anybody. He is one of the greatest drivers ever driving for Ferrari.

If he puts on the good performance that is expected and wanted, then it will be excellent for f1.

And I would add that an absolute testing ban is one of the silliest rules in racing.

Gary Anderson's idea of two periods of two days during the season is a sound one.

One test at Silverstone and the other at the usual Catalunya.

BDunnell
1st August 2009, 01:18
Schumi ought to be granted permission to test because he is not just anybody. He is one of the greatest drivers ever driving for Ferrari.

One rule for one and another for everybody else should be completely unacceptable in anyone's book.

Hawkmoon
1st August 2009, 01:30
Post deleted..

Get over it. Ferrari asked and the other teams granted them permission. It still needs the FIA to do the same before it will happen. If STR didn't ask the same, then bad luck.

You know, it's more beneficial for the sport that Schumacher puts his arse in that car than any other person on this planet. Maybe, just maybe, the other teams recognise this and granted permission based on sporting and entertainment reasons. I'll bet the Valencia organisers pitched a tent in their pants when they heard Schumi was coming back. It's not Schumi's fault that the same reaction won't be had if JV returns.

There's no preferential treatment going on here. Any one of nine teams could have ended this before it began. Even Toyota, who are trying to defend 3rd place in the WCC from Ferrari didn't object. I'm sure it would have been better for Toyota if Gene was in the car but they chose to let Schumi get the best possible preparation. That alone says something.

Roamy
1st August 2009, 02:00
Get over it. Ferrari asked and the other teams granted them permission. It still needs the FIA to do the same before it will happen. If STR didn't ask the same, then bad luck.

You know, it's more beneficial for the sport that Schumacher puts his arse in that car than any other person on this planet. Maybe, just maybe, the other teams recognise this and granted permission based on sporting and entertainment reasons. I'll bet the Valencia organisers pitched a tent in their pants when they heard Schumi was coming back. It's not Schumi's fault that the same reaction won't be had if JV returns.

There's no preferential treatment going on here. Any one of nine teams could have ended this before it began. Even Toyota, who are trying to defend 3rd place in the WCC from Ferrari didn't object. I'm sure it would have been better for Toyota if Gene was in the car but they chose to let Schumi get the best possible preparation. That alone says something.

If you read all my posts then you would know I have as much problems with the teams as I do with bending the rules.

Certainly JV would not get the hype that MS is getting. But JV would stand on the gas come race weekend just the same. So with all of this bull about "good for F1" what is good for F1 is just lift the ban on testing, let Alonso back it and move on if you want your big show. But non of this one sided horsesh!t need be applied.

1st August 2009, 02:02

I don't believe that Williams and Force India have agreed to this yet -- only FOTA teams have (and FOTA hasn't accepted Williams as a member again).

And it appears that Williams is considering running KERS in 2010, in spite of the FOTA voluntary ban on it.

woody2goody
1st August 2009, 02:03
If Schumacher and Ferrari are granted permission to test, then Toro Rosso and Alguersuari should be able to test alongside him. This is perfectly fair, as long as they, I don't know, say that the teams aren't allowed to test new parts, just the drivers.

Hawkmoon
1st August 2009, 02:16
If you read all my posts then you would know I have as much problems with the teams as I do with bending the rules.

Certainly JV would not get the hype that MS is getting. But JV would stand on the gas come race weekend just the same. So with all of this bull about "good for F1" what is good for F1 is just lift the ban on testing, let Alonso back it and move on if you want your big show. But non of this one sided horsesh!t need be applied.

What's one sided? A team asks it's competitors for special dispensation and they say yes. What's wrong with that? All the competitors have to do is say no and it's end of story.

This isn't the FIA granting permission over the objections of the other teams. You'd be right if it was. As tomh quite rightly points out, Williams and Force India as well as the FIA still need to agree before it can happen.

I don't see why you're getting worked up. You don't like Schumi. Fair enough. You like JV. Fair enough. You think JV is better because he'd just get in and drive. I think you're deluded but fair enough.

The question is, would you still be fired up if it was Gene or Badoer getting the test? Or better still, JV?

Hawkmoon
1st August 2009, 02:28
If Schumacher and Ferrari are granted permission to test, then Toro Rosso and Alguersuari should be able to test alongside him. This is perfectly fair, as long as they, I don't know, say that the teams aren't allowed to test new parts, just the drivers.

Wouldn't that be a little redundant? Algersuari has already completed a full race weekend which is probably better than a test as it's a "live fire" excercise.

STR didn't ask permission to test Algersuari, as far as we know anyway. I think they've missed that boat.

The circumstances are a little different. Ferrari were forced into a driver change where STR chose to make one knowing they couldn't test the replacement. If Renault dump Piquet I don't think they'll be allowed to test his replacement for the same reason.

Sure you could argue that Ferrari don't have to put a retired driver in the car and I think it'd be a valid arguement. For obvious reasons they have chosen to do so and want to get the best out of it. It's up to the other teams and the FIA to allow this. As it stands, nobody has objected.

Valve Bounce
1st August 2009, 03:24

Mark!! are you serious? :rolleyes:

truefan72
1st August 2009, 07:10
I don't believe that Williams and Force India have agreed to this yet -- only FOTA teams have (and FOTA hasn't accepted Williams as a member again).

And it appears that Williams is considering running KERS in 2010, in spite of the FOTA voluntary ban on it.

good points, and perhaps, STR can ask for permission to have JamieA put some practice laps in the car as well.

Even though I have no problem with Ferrai asking and teams accepting, as a principle I beleive that he should be treated just the same way as any other driver in this circumstance. To a degree it is Ferrari's fault not to give him some laps in the 2009 car during winter testing. They have 2 different reserve drivers with some experience in the 2009 car, but chose to go with MSC. Those 2 drivers are supposedly prepared to step in and drive the car if need be at every race the past 2 years and now when logic dictates them to be called up, Ferrari chooses a different route. So really, they shouldn't be asking or receiving any favors from teams to accomodate Schumi's return.

I know the teams accepted and its is their perogative. I wish they would show the same fortitude in making the FIA overturn the stupid Renault ban

TMorel
1st August 2009, 09:38
I thought the request had now been denied (trying to remember JA's twittering), in which case I see no problem.
Ferrari asked, were told no.

You say that he should be treated like any other driver, which is totally correct, but if there's even a hint that something is allowed in the rules regardless of who you are, then it's any teams job to do it, likewise it's the other teams job to say no.

Ioan's right (and it's happening far too many times lately) that people are getting way to wound up. My guess is that McLaren havent been caught for a while which normally acts as a natural dumpvalve (but dont dump Valve as we like him)

Roamy
1st August 2009, 10:10
What's one sided? A team asks it's competitors for special dispensation and they say yes. What's wrong with that? All the competitors have to do is say no and it's end of story.

This isn't the FIA granting permission over the objections of the other teams. You'd be right if it was. As tomh quite rightly points out, Williams and Force India as well as the FIA still need to agree before it can happen.

I don't see why you're getting worked up. You don't like Schumi. Fair enough. You like JV. Fair enough. You think JV is better because he'd just get in and drive. I think you're deluded but fair enough.

The question is, would you still be fired up if it was Gene or Badoer getting the test? Or better still, JV?

My point is clear and valid. No testing. If the current teams are weak enough to allow it well maybe the know something about MS we don't. Lift the ban or say NO. No magic here. Treat all fairly - I thought this was the socialist way. But I can tell you one thing - If I were a sponsor and the team principal voted to let him test while my driver could not I would IMMEDIATELY pull my sponsorship. Jenson Button has worked very hard this year as other. Every single point in crucial to his bid to become WDC. If they voted ie Button and Brawn to sit on the bench will MS tested then I will move my alliance from this team right away.

Robinho
1st August 2009, 10:31
Ferrari have 2 drivers who presumabley have driven the new car but chose not to use them to replace Massa and went for MS, so why should he get a dispensation? i see no problem with them asking, and if the teams had all agreed i'd see no problem with him having a test.

as it is Jaime didn't get one, Grosjean probably won't get one and neither will MS, i don't think he'll be very disadvantaged - i'm sure a driver of his skill should be able to adapt pretty quickly during 1st practice - might take him a little longer to get 100% out of the car.

i very much doubt the team would have learned a whole lot extra from a half day test, but if the teams don't want to grant them a dispensation then so be it

ShiftingGears
1st August 2009, 10:35
My point is clear and valid. No testing. If the current teams are weak enough to allow it well maybe the know something about MS we don't. Lift the ban or say NO. No magic here. Treat all fairly - I thought this was the socialist way. But I can tell you one thing - If I were a sponsor and the team principal voted to let him test while my driver could not I would IMMEDIATELY pull my sponsorship. Jenson Button has worked very hard this year as other. Every single point in crucial to his bid to become WDC. If they voted ie Button and Brawn to sit on the bench will MS tested then I will move my alliance from this team right away.

You could always pressure the team you sponsor into refusing Ferrari's requests.

Roamy
1st August 2009, 10:49
Squirrel

I don't think we will ever be privi to the background on this topic. I wonder if Branson will ring in on this one !

ioan
1st August 2009, 10:57
...let Alonso back it and move on if you want your big show. But non of this one sided horsesh!t need be applied.

So letting Alonso back to race in Valencia after the team was suspended for a race, wouldn't be 'one sided horsesh!t'?!

Nice to see how equitable you are with your favorite while b!thchin' about the others! :rolleyes:

ioan
1st August 2009, 11:01
Ferrari have 2 drivers who presumabley have driven the new car...

In a straight line test, nothing more. Also they didn't race in F1 since 1999 and 2004 respectively.

Roamy
1st August 2009, 11:02
So letting Alonso back to race in Valencia after the team was suspended for a race, wouldn't be 'one sided horsesh!t'?!

Nice to see how equitable you are with your favorite while b!thchin' about the others! :rolleyes:

OH you foul mouthed twit - God will not be happy when he reads your post.
But it was not Alonso's fault that the tire came off. His arm was not long enough to run the impact wrench !! Get it ????

ioan
1st August 2009, 11:03
Squirrel

I don't think we will ever be privi to the background on this topic. I wonder if Branson will ring in on this one !

Branson is small fish in F1, he will be sponsoring ManorF1 next year but right now he's approximately equal to zero in F1 involvement given that he is only paying peanuts to Brawn.

Roamy
1st August 2009, 11:21
Branson is small fish in F1, he will be sponsoring ManorF1 next year but right now he's approximately equal to zero in F1 involvement given that he is only paying peanuts to Brawn.

Small fish as he is. His marque seems to have overshadowed yours and the last time I checked his sponsored cars are leading the championship. Therefore perhaps he just may want his voice heard in the matter at hand.

But i really don't know - maybe he would like to screw brawn
cuz he is moving on!!

Jesus saves and I make everything rhyme!!
Just a matter of time!!

ioan
1st August 2009, 11:31
Small fish as he is. His marque seems to have overshadowed yours and the last time I checked his sponsored cars are leading the championship. Therefore perhaps he just may want his voice heard in the matter at hand.

Branson has no say in BrawnGP let alone in F1.
All he can do is make sure his stickers are on the BrawnGP cars, that's all.

Valve Bounce
1st August 2009, 13:35
cuz he is moving on!!

!

Actually, he made a play for bunsen's girl, but the bunsen lit up and got real hot under the collar.

N. Jones
1st August 2009, 13:53
OH you foul mouthed twit - God will not be happy when he reads your post.
But it was not Alonso's fault that the tire came off. His arm was not long enough to run the impact wrench !! Get it ????

cuz he is moving on!!

Jesus saves and I make everything rhyme!!
Just a matter of time!!

Actually, he made a play for bunsen's girl, but the bunsen lit up and got real hot under the collar.

I'm confused....I thought this thread was about MS returning? :confused:

Roamy
1st August 2009, 17:05
N. Jones

we are discussing the right to practice right now. Admitted we do have a few strange paths once and a while. Hang in.

While you are asking???????

How many here think that MS will be top Kimi. I will say first race back he won't get within 3 tenths.

Bagwan
1st August 2009, 18:32
N. Jones

we are discussing the right to practice right now. Admitted we do have a few strange paths once and a while. Hang in.

How many here think that MS will be top Kimi. I will say first race back he won't get within 3 tenths.

OOOOH , 3 tenths , go out on a long limb there , cowboy , why don't ya ?
He'll get within that .

I predict he'll even state that he'll do everything he can to help Kimi move up the standings , too , just to freak you out !

He'll light a fire under Kimi Ritalin , that's for sure , as there's no way the Finn is going to be happy with all the attention that the star power will create .

I worry that the team , not Michael , will melt down with the extra hoo ha going on around the red team .
It could make for some good botching of pit stops with the added pressure of wanting Michael to show well on the come back .

Roamy
1st August 2009, 18:40
OOOOH , 3 tenths , go out on a long limb there , cowboy , why don't ya ?
He'll get within that .

I predict he'll even state that he'll do everything he can to help Kimi move up the standings , too , just to freak you out !

He'll light a fire under Kimi Ritalin , that's for sure , as there's no way the Finn is going to be happy with all the attention that the star power will create .

I worry that the team , not Michael , will melt down with the extra hoo ha going on around the red team .
It could make for some good botching of pit stops with the added pressure of wanting Michael to show well on the come back .

Heck I am afraid that he will drive into Button on purpose. Vettel has to be licking his chops about now. But maybe the lapdog will rise to the occasion and take care of some business - if you get what I mean !!

CNR
2nd August 2009, 00:32
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6735968.ece

Only two weeks ago he beat a field that included many of the current F1 drivers in a kart race.

i just hope we get to see a Schumacher V vettel race
Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher - retained their title in the Race Of Champions

Valve Bounce
2nd August 2009, 02:00
N. Jones

Ya care to put your sig on that, fousto?? Are we talking about Quals or race lap times? Because I'll back SchM on that generuos offer.

Roamy
2nd August 2009, 02:24
Ya care to put your sig on that, fousto?? Are we talking about Quals or race lap times? Because I'll back SchM on that generuos offer.

you're on - race lap

Valve Bounce
2nd August 2009, 02:50
you're on - race lap

Done!! And if SchM laps within .3 seconds of Kimi, you have to wear the sig I choose for two weeks, right!!

Oh! this is going to be so much fun. :p : :D

(ioan is going to think it's Christmas )

Roamy
2nd August 2009, 05:28
Done!! And if SchM laps within .3 seconds of Kimi, you have to wear the sig I choose for two weeks, right!!

Oh! this is going to be so much fun. :p : :D

(ioan is going to think it's Christmas )

and visa versa - you understand the bet. but for further clarification if ms gets within 3 tenths of kimi's fastest race lap!!

Daika
2nd August 2009, 05:32
Wow, Schumacher is back!! Haven't been watching the last few races or log on to f1-sites (backpacking in Asia). So this is a big surprise to me.

Valve Bounce
2nd August 2009, 06:30
and visa versa - you understand the bet. but for further clarification if ms gets within 3 tenths of kimi's fastest race lap!!

This is getting even better by the minute. It will be even sweeter when SchM wins the race.

CNR
2nd August 2009, 08:38
http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=358308

The German driver announced on Thursday that he would return to Formula One to replace Massa in the Ferrari team for the European Grand Prix in Valencia on August 23, and possibly for the rest of the season.
Speaking of his first tests on Friday, Schumacher, who retired in 2006, admitted on his website: 'I'm feeling muscles that I was not even aware exist.'
'But then it was clear that you cannot test for a day after such a lot of time without feeling anything, and I am curious to see what will happen in the coming days.'
Felipe Massa's father, Luiz Antonio Massa, told AFP at the hospital: 'Felipe was very happy that Schumacher is going to be his substitute ... and he joked he was ready to race already.'

N. Jones
2nd August 2009, 12:32
Schu to win the race, at 40? I'm not sure he is a miracle worker.... :D

One thing I noticed that he was "testing" earlier in the week. Isn't that practice banned?

N. Jones
2nd August 2009, 12:33
N. Jones

Very true :cheese:

Oh, I think he will be fast as he has proven (20-5) that he is one of a few drivers that can put a crap car on the podium. Whether he still can remains to be seen.

SteveA
2nd August 2009, 14:39
Schu to win the race, at 40? I'm not sure he is a miracle worker.... :D

One thing I noticed that he was "testing" earlier in the week. Isn't that practice banned?

He was testing in an older car.

N. Jones
2nd August 2009, 16:13
Ah, ok. I hadn't read any of the stories about it. Just saw a headline "FIA to investigate Schu test." Wanted to look before I leap. :D

DexDexter
2nd August 2009, 17:52
O

You've seen Kimi interviewed numerous times, I'm sure. Do you really think he likes attention? The answers is no, if he could decide he would just drive and go home. He really doesn't care what anybody else does, thinks or speculates etc.

ioan
2nd August 2009, 21:23

Only the F1 teams testing current cars is banned.
MS was testing a 2007 Ferrari owned by some rich guy.
All the teams run several demonstration runs every year using past years cars. It is perfectly within the rules.

ioan
2nd August 2009, 21:24
You've seen Kimi interviewed numerous times, I'm sure. Do you really think he likes attention? The answers is no, if he could decide he would just drive and go home. He really doesn't care what anybody else does, thinks or speculates etc.

That's something I really appreciate about him, along with his great rally skills!

Robinho
2nd August 2009, 21:46
In a straight line test, nothing more. Also they didn't race in F1 since 1999 and 2004 respectively.

That says more abour ferrari's management than anything, why contract 2 reserve/teat drivers and not let them test the car at all - i appreciate that with limited testing the racers should get the majority of the mileage, but you'd give the other a half day wouldn't you?

CNR
2nd August 2009, 21:54
That's something I really appreciate about him, along with his great rally skills!

he rolled the car

ioan
2nd August 2009, 22:19
he rolled the car

It was an accident connected with another accident that a competitor had not long before.

Anyway he was 15th at that time out of 80 competitors! And this was a WRC race with all the big guys taking part!

ioan
2nd August 2009, 22:22
Norbert Haug's take on Ferrari asking for MS to test the F60:

GO TO EARLIER STORY GO TO THE NEWS INDEX GO TO NEXT STORY
Haug: Schumacher should get F60 test

By Glenn Freeman and Matt Beer Sunday, August 2nd 2009, 11:53 GMT

Norbert HaugMercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug says his company would be happy to allow Michael Schumacher to test the 2009 Ferrari before his comeback in the European Grand Prix, and hopes rival teams take the same stance.

Ferrari has requested that an exemption to the testing ban be made to help Schumacher reacclimatise before he deputises for the injured Felipe Massa in Valencia. The former world champion last raced in Formula 1 in 2006, and last tested a contemporary car in April 2008, although he drove a 2007 F1 Ferrari fitted with GP2 tyres at Mugello on Friday.

Haug said he could see no reason why Ferrari's request should be rejected.

"Whatever we can do to support him we will do," Haug told AUTOSPORT. "I just think it is fair. This is an exception. If Michael had said he would come back under the condition that he could test, everybody would have said yes.

"His team-mate has thousands of kilometres in this car, and he has nothing. As we are fair players, why should he not get some testing? I would be very open to that.

"You will find some guys that will try to block it," Haug admitted. "But what goes around comes around. They will need some help at another stage. It's not giving people presents, it's being fair when it's justifiable."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77518

Advice for the naysayers, read his words and think about it seriously before you start your next rant.