PDA

View Full Version : Brands In F1

Saint Devote
28th July 2009, 04:39
The report on the MotorSport.com shows that the 2009 tv audience has remained essentially stable except for Italy, where viewership has declined - and we all know why.

Also reported is that sponsors are happy with their returns and I was wondering just what brands anyone here actually uses and whether it IS that they are in f1 is the reason they attracted you in the first place?

The only brand I enjoy is the Red Bull Cola and the place I saw it and bought it was because it is visible on the Red Bull wing end plates.

Also, I like the image of Red Bull and think that they are the most attractive.

If I were a driver I would choose to be in the Red Bull team.

Teams like Ferrari and Mclaren and Renault are just so staid, boring and old!!!

leopard
28th July 2009, 04:53
Williams is actually a character, they consistently runs dark blue, their problem is they rely their engine on someone else, performance and some other problems may arise from that partnership.

As for sponsor, hate to see them leaving soon, the best choice is sleepy lion of ING.

I wonder that you still chose Red Bull cola the only one you can enjoy if among the choices Johnnie Walker and Absolut Volvo..er..Vodka are available ;)

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 06:55
Rothmans. I have it on my cap autographed by Jacques.

Mark
28th July 2009, 09:24
I'd use Virgin cable if it ran past my house. But then, that's nothing to do with Brawn :p

V12
28th July 2009, 10:10
I remember pestering my dad to choose a Canon printer once, and I'll happily admit it had everything to do with Nigel Mansell and the FW14 :D

Dave B
28th July 2009, 10:21
I was wondering just what brands anyone here actually uses and whether it IS that they are in f1 is the reason they attracted you in the first place?
Let me see: I support two Mercedes-powered drivers but drive a Renault, I can't abide Johnny Walker, Red Bull tastes like cat's urine, Cobra kicks Kingfisher's backside, Vodafone reception is useless round here, I did briefly consider a Panasonic telly but ruled it out, and I was already with Virgin before Beardy every came on the scene.

I do have a savings account with ING, if that helps, but only because at the time they had a halfway decent interest rate.

So I think that's a resounding "no". :p

Dave B
28th July 2009, 10:22
Disappointed, by the way. The thread title led me to believe that the British GP had moved again :p

Mark
28th July 2009, 11:47
Disappointed, by the way. The thread title led me to believe that the British GP had moved again :p

Heh, I was all ready with a post along the lines of "Brands isn't good enough for F1, just look at how rubbish the CART race was!"

I do have a Panasonic TV and I'm still very impressed with it. Although the connection with Toyota didn't enter my head, it's just that it was the only one with built in FreesatHD.

Having said that I do regard the Panasonic brand very highly, I don't know if that's to do with F1 or more because every time I've bought a Panasonic product it has been good, and that they consistently get good reviews.

Dave B
28th July 2009, 11:55
I was soooo close to buying a Panasonic until a I managed to get the new-spec LG* plasma for less than the the old model. The USB port swung it for me. I did recently buy a Lumix camera, mind, but that was on a personal recommendation.

* hang on, don't they sponsor the F1 timekeeping now? Dammit, I've just destroyed my own argument.

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 11:59

Me too! this thread is about as interesting as a copy of last months bank statement.

28th July 2009, 12:13
Me too! this thread is about as interesting as a copy of last months bank statement.

Valve, that rather condemns yourself as not being very 'interesting' doesn't it?

Now, if your bank statement had entries for

Spearmint Rhino - $320,
Plastic Explosives - $2500,
Light Aircraft Rental - $5000,
Gold Leaf - $500,
Rohypnol - $1200
Bowler Hat with Steel Rim - $99
Golf Clubs - $600
Rolls Royce Silver Phantom - $250,000

Then I'd have to say that you were anything but uninteresting.

Mind you, I'd also have to call you Auric Goldfinger.

Dave B
28th July 2009, 12:16
^ Always pay cash at a strip club. Rookie mistake. :p

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 12:19
Valve, that rather condemns yourself as not being very 'interesting' doesn't it?

Now, if your bank statement had entries for

Spearmint Rhino - $320,
Plastic Explosives - $2500,
Light Aircraft Rental - $5000,
Gold Leaf - $500,
Rohypnol - $1200
Bowler Hat with Steel Rim - $99
Golf Clubs - $600
Rolls Royce Silver Phantom - $250,000

Then I'd have to say that you were anything but uninteresting.

Mind you, I'd also have to call you Auric Goldfinger.

That sounds interesting - I'll work on it :up:

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 12:20

What's a strip club - is that some sort of ace golf club?

28th July 2009, 12:24

He was recruiting pilots, honest.

ioan
28th July 2009, 12:55
Apart from a Dell laptop (because it was best offer at that time) and a couple Ferrari model kits I never bought anything related to F1.

christophulus
28th July 2009, 13:02
I've got a Philips shaver and an RBS account, although I had those long before they sponsored Williams.

Although I'd say I was a McLaren fan if anyone wanted to give me a Tag Heuer watch :p

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 14:29
I've got a Philips shaver and an RBS account, although I had those long before they sponsored Williams.

Although I'd say I was a McLaren fan if anyone wanted to give me a Tag Heuer watch :p

If that's the case, I'd swear I'm a Ferrari fan if anyone wanted to give me a Ferrari.

race_director
28th July 2009, 14:54
The report on the MotorSport.com shows that the 2009 tv audience has remained essentially stable except for Italy, where viewership has declined - and we all know why.

If I were a driver I would choose to be in the Red Bull team.

Teams like Ferrari and Mclaren and Renault are just so staid, boring and old!!!

well a nice post . but you have to differentiate between the team wanna drive and the team on which u want your company logo to appear.

well i do agree that driving for a team like Ferrari/Mclaren/Willaims all would be very demand and would suck. but on the other hand driving for a small team like a minardi, aguri, force india would be a bit easy. since team would not have the money resources to do unlimited testing and simulator thing. But you would enjoy working in f1 with not much commercial apperance durings race weekends. One as a driver can spend his years very fast in one of the mid pack teams. just like button, barichello, mark, trulli, almost all driver excluding hami, massa, kimi. have spent till now.

Well if one is looking for sponser a team. then i would do it on a ferrari or Mclaren. due to the brand value these teams have . and also expect for the 1st moments of practise and qualify. 99% time top teams are shown on TV . i do not see force india or STR much on TV . so i would want more visibility and time on TV.

Well one question . ICICI bank is a major sponser of a team in F1. ever heard of the name ?

ioan
28th July 2009, 15:42
If that's the case, I'd swear I'm a Ferrari fan if anyone wanted to give me a Ferrari.

Maybe a Fiat Panda wold be more realistic. ;)

Saint Devote
29th July 2009, 01:03
Williams is actually a character, they consistently runs dark blue, their problem is they rely their engine on someone else, performance and some other problems may arise from that partnership.

As for sponsor, hate to see them leaving soon, the best choice is sleepy lion of ING.

I wonder that you still chose Red Bull cola the only one you can enjoy if among the choices Johnnie Walker and Absolut Volvo..er..Vodka are available ;)

:s mokin:
Those I knew about before they became f1 brands - and were you aware that the great f1 entrant Rob Walker was part of THAT Walker family?

Saint Devote
29th July 2009, 01:08

Sigh! Those were the great days.

My first ever British Grand Prix was at Brands Hatch 1974 and as a kid I got to see my alltime favorite driver win it! Jody in the beautiful Tyrrell 007.

Ari
29th July 2009, 03:03
I have definitely upped my Red Bull intake in the last couple years with their heavy involvement in F1 and motorsports in general.

I figure it's a great product and if they're willing to support something I love then I'm willing to support them.

Ari
29th July 2009, 03:03

bah! Nothing wrong with this thread. It's a nice change from Berenie/Fota/Lewis/Massa of late.

Saint Devote
29th July 2009, 03:51
well a nice post . but you have to differentiate between the team wanna drive and the team on which u want your company logo to appear.

well i do agree that driving for a team like Ferrari/Mclaren/Willaims all would be very demand and would suck. but on the other hand driving for a small team like a minardi, aguri, force india would be a bit easy. since team would not have the money resources to do unlimited testing and simulator thing. But you would enjoy working in f1 with not much commercial apperance durings race weekends. One as a driver can spend his years very fast in one of the mid pack teams. just like button, barichello, mark, trulli, almost all driver excluding hami, massa, kimi. have spent till now.

Well if one is looking for sponser a team. then i would do it on a ferrari or Mclaren. due to the brand value these teams have . and also expect for the 1st moments of practise and qualify. 99% time top teams are shown on TV . i do not see force india or STR much on TV . so i would want more visibility and time on TV.

Well one question . ICICI bank is a major sponser of a team in F1. ever heard of the name ?

I think a team such as Force India may not get as much coverage but I also think it is proportional. FI is where Red Bull was at a similar stage and Vijay Mallya is similar to Dietriech Mateschitz. They are the new independents of f1 and both are exciting teams.

Adrian Sutil has begun to show what he can do - remember Nurburgring - and Mallya is guiding his team very well.

ICICI bank is familiar to me because I read the Financial Times.

Remember a grand prix in India is on the way. I think that by that time, as India's economic strength increases and strategic position becomes more significant, there could well be an Indian driver in one of FI's cars - maybe not Chandock - as well as Adrian Sutil who is actually a very good driver recommended by Hamilton.

ArrowsFA1
29th July 2009, 09:26
I bought a few bottles of Warsteiner from my local Waitrose the other day. All because they sponsored Arrows 30 years ago :p

Sonic
29th July 2009, 11:37
Oh yeah I once bought a packet of Durex condoms because Alan Jones used to have it on his car.. Still got them in my wallet too ;)

I can believe that! :p ;)

wedge
29th July 2009, 13:47
This is no joke but on a different forum last year someone posted that they brought a few pairs of Ray Bans just so Super Aguri would keep on racing!

nigelred5
29th July 2009, 17:24
I used to pick up a Penthouse and a pack of Rizlas every so often when I was a kid thanks to F1 advertizing. ;)

Lets see, lately,
bought a Compaq- it sucked. it's in a dump somewhere.
Acer- sucks but is managing to hang on still after two hard drive failures.
RedBull, cut back to a few a month. Started getting heartburn again and had to cut back, but I've still got a niiice set of wiiings
ING-lost me a ton of money but then I suppose I would have no matter who was managing those investments.
Vodafone is part owner of Verizon??- they have simply the most reliable cell service in our area. Far from it on price though. Pay for what you get I suppose.
My wife unfortunately still smokes Marlboros. I've probably single handedly paid a month or so of Schummi's salary by now.
Credit Suisse closed up my buddy Paul's operation in NYC :(
DUUUUUUDE- I did buy a Dell!!
I also bought a Canon Camera because of Nigel. Boght a second because hte first was good, but I'm a Nikon man. Just replaced a D50 with a newer D100. I've got too many AF Nikkor lenses to switch to another brand.

hmmm,

I did deflower a virgin a few times, does that count? ;)

leopard
30th July 2009, 09:14
I bought a few bottles of Warsteiner from my local Waitrose the other day. All because they sponsored Arrows 30 years ago :p
30 years ago? its very old ;)