PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who will/should replace Massa for remainder of season

Giuseppe F1
27th July 2009, 22:10
Hi Mods, would really appreciate if this could be made into a poll - thank you muchly in advance, Giuseppe

- Luca Badoer
- Marc Gene
- A rotation of Badoer/Gene
- Andrea Bertolini
- Michael Schumacher
- Fernando Alonso (Presuming Renault would release him)
- Sebastien Bourdais
- Jacques Villeneuve
- Valentino Rossi
- Nelson Piquet (Presuming Renault drop him)
- Alex Wurz
- Anthony Davidson
- David Coulthard
- Takuma Sato
- Danica Patrick (!)
- Other (Please specify)

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2009, 23:35
I admit, after Jerez, I couldn't stand the guy, but I'd like to see Schumacher come back for a few races (assuming he's physically up to it).

I think that would give the sport a tremendous shot in the arm after all of the political silliness of the past few months.

Giuseppe F1
27th July 2009, 23:42
I admit, after Jerez, I couldn't stand the guy, but I'd like to see Schumacher come back .

What happened in Jerez, Jag_Warrior?

Giuseppe F1
27th July 2009, 23:53
I would really love to see Badoer put in the car - hes paid his loyal dues IMO and Ferrari are in a position this year that they have nothing to lose really

DazzlaF1
27th July 2009, 23:54
Realistically, i think it will be either Badoer or Gene, it would be nice to reward Luca Badoer for his many years of service by giving him a few races.

ioan
28th July 2009, 00:03
FGS we have another thread about exactly the same subject.

Saint Devote
28th July 2009, 00:04
It is in such bad taste to even ask such a question when Massa - if not for the surgeon at the hospital - would have died just a couple of days ago.

There is plenty of time for this issue, but not now.

Jag_Warrior
28th July 2009, 00:14
What happened in Jerez, Jag_Warrior?

I don't want to go off topic, but I was a Schumacher fan up until this happened... in fact, I was cheering for him this race (even though I also liked Villeneuve from his CART days).

o2MeWpZSeL8

With all due respect to Massa and his family (nothing made me happier than to read a few minutes ago that he was able to move his limbs and he is now able to speak), there will most likely be some driver, other than him, in the car by the next race. This thread is just an opinion of the fans, on who they'd like to see in the car. And I'd like to see Schumacher. :)

Jag_Warrior
28th July 2009, 00:16

True. I just saw the other one. Possibly they could merge them and also create a proper poll?

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 00:52
True. I just saw the other one. Possibly they could merge them and also create a proper poll?

Gee!! you guys just want to give poor pino a headache. :(

Jag_Warrior
28th July 2009, 01:47
If we don't keep him busy, he's likely to get himself into trouble. :D

leopard
28th July 2009, 03:27
While the car is not on perfect form, Schumi is not a good choice, we don't want to see him struggle. Not sure how good this guy will perform, he is around at Ferrari and had some experiences driving F1, I prefer to give opportunity for Mark G.

Saint Devote
28th July 2009, 03:46
Danica Patrick?!!! roflmao!!!

You surely are not serious mentioning her in the same list as Fernando Alonso!!

I am now reaching for the Alka Selzer!

Anyway, women are not strong enough to be in f1 that is why there will never be a good woman f1 driver.

I agree with Jenson that women belong on the pitwall keeping score.

The nearest to a girl will always be Lewis Hamilton.

Triumph
28th July 2009, 03:52
I thought you condemned this thread in post #7. How come you're back on here perpetuating it?

Placid
28th July 2009, 05:01
Another choice for me should include Will Power.

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 05:32
I thought you condemned this thread in post #7. How come you're back on here perpetuating it?

Because the temptation to say something stupid was irresistible.

Giuseppe F1
28th July 2009, 07:06

I know Ioan, but as i say in my first post, id particularly like this set-up as a 'poll' thread

Mark
28th July 2009, 08:23
It is in such bad taste to even ask such a question when Massa - if not for the surgeon at the hospital - would have died just a couple of days ago.

No. This is F1, it goes on, no matter what.

Dave B
28th July 2009, 08:47

This deserves a seperate thread so as not to dilute the discussion about Massa himself.

Life goes on, as they say.

Personally I'd love to see Schuey back, even for just one race, but unless I hear of Satan buying some ice skates I won't get my hopes up.

It'll be Marc Gené. Safe pair of hands and all that, plus as a Spanish driver there's the publicity angle what with Valencia being next on the calendar and every chance that Alonso will be sidelined.

Unless, that is, there's some bizarre clause which allows Fernando to escape his contract and move early - but I can't see it happening.

ioan
28th July 2009, 09:08
This deserves a seperate thread so as not to dilute the discussion about Massa himself.

Maybe but there is a thread about Massa's accident, than there is another 6 pages long thread about who will replace him http://forums.motorsport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134326, and there is this thread about who will replace him.

Some might like to post the same things in 2 threads with exactly the same subject, but than good luck following both.

Triumph
28th July 2009, 17:29
From this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8169915.stm

'On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for seven-time champion Michael Schumacher said the German would consider returning as a stand-in for Massa, if asked by Ferrari, who he still works for in a consultancy role.'

Also, this looks positive:

'On Monday, surgeon Robert Veres said: "We don't know if he'll be able to race again. It's too early to say about his future." But Massa's family doctor Dino Altman said on Tuesday that the Brazilian's eyesight was, "OK." "He can see with his left eye, he knows what's right and left so his left eye has no problems."'

:-)

Giuseppe F1
28th July 2009, 20:17
Mods, can my first post please be made into a poll as requested??

many thanks

Giuseppe

grantb4
28th July 2009, 21:49
I don't want to go off topic, but I was a Schumacher fan up until this happened... in fact, I was cheering for him this race (even though I also liked Villeneuve from his CART days).
o2MeWpZSeL8

What about the time he took out Damon? His car was already dorked before he drove across the race track TWICE.

oQC_LQI1Aiw

airshifter
31st July 2009, 01:37
Danica Patrick?!!! roflmao!!!

You surely are not serious mentioning her in the same list as Fernando Alonso!!

I am now reaching for the Alka Selzer!

Anyway, women are not strong enough to be in f1 that is why there will never be a good woman f1 driver.

I agree with Jenson that women belong on the pitwall keeping score.

The nearest to a girl will always be Lewis Hamilton.

Although I agree that Danica is untried and probably not fit for an F1 drive based on her lack of ability, it's more than sexist to think that women could not handle F1. It's a downright ignorance of the fact that the strength required is relative to physical size and the ability to handle G loading for extended periods.

Though I'm sure many male egos would be bruised, for the most part women handle G loads better than men do, and currently women are handling the stresses of piloting fighter planes very well.

To say that women as a whole aren't fit enough leads me to think you'd lead a life that never put you around many fit women.

Saint Devote
2nd August 2009, 01:50
I think that men and women think differently - they are wired differently.

Secondly, I don't see anything wrong with thnking that racing is a man's game. Nothing has occurred to show that I am incorrect.

Would you put women on the rugby team?

blito
2nd August 2009, 09:00

Secondly, I don't see anything wrong with thnking that racing is a man's game. Nothing has occurred to show that I am incorrect.

yes. a quick wander round Doncaster town centre on a staurday night would gather a world beating womens rugby team!

personally i do think your being sexist about women not being able to handle the forces involved in F1 - of course they can! I do admit however that to attain the level of physical strength required is probably harder for women, but it certainly isnt impossible!

airshifter
3rd August 2009, 03:16

You must not watch a lot of drag racing. Based on the percentage of men vs women as top level drivers, women kick the mens butts for the most part. Along with dealing with sustained G loading better, women often have quicker reaction times. ;)