PDA

View Full Version : Rosberg is driving very well at the moment

SkyTom
26th July 2009, 16:21
In his last five races he has finished 6, 5, 5, 4, 4. He is driving very well at the moment in the season, and very consistent. Do you think he will have the pace for a podium soon?

christophulus
26th July 2009, 16:28
Driving very well, which means a McLaren contract for next year is inevitable :( . A podium will require luck, I just don't think Williams are in the top 3 on pace, but after last year this will do nicely!

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 17:31
I think he is doing very well. Williams as a whole are doing well, but Nakajima's luck hasn't been great.

It's very likely Nico will be on his way to McLaren, but at least Williams have given him a car to at least challenge for podiums.

jens
26th July 2009, 17:36
I agree that Rosberg has been very impressive. I think in the past he has been a bit unfairly been criticized for Williams' lack of results. Nico clearly is very quick and has regained his consistency from 2007. His main weakness probably remains to be wet-weather racing.

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 17:47
the williams is a good car. not a race-win challenging car yet, but hopefully soon. and i believe Rosberg is getting the best out of his car, he is driving very well, hav'nt seen any major mistakes for a while, definatly 'Mr.consistency' like his father. I hope he gets a podium place soon, which he can with a bit of luck, and i believe he can be a real challenger for victories with the right machinery, I hope he gets a good car from williams or another team next year so he can so what i believe to be his true potential. he is definatly williams's driving force, and nakajima just needs a lil'luck to be right there with him.

a good team doing good things with good drivers. well done them.

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 18:01
the williams is a good car. not a race-win challenging car yet, but hopefully soon. and i believe Rosberg is getting the best out of his car, he is driving very well, hav'nt seen any major mistakes for a while, definatly 'Mr.consistency' like his father. I hope he gets a podium place soon, which he can with a bit of luck, and i believe he can be a real challenger for victories with the right machinery, I hope he gets a good car from williams or another team next year so he can so what i believe to be his true potential. he is definatly williams's driving force, and nakajima just needs a lil'luck to be right there with him.

And a good post :)

F1boat
26th July 2009, 18:05
Yeah, Nico is fast! I hope that he will go to McLaren next year, although Williams are doing a pretty decent job as well.

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 18:05
And a good post :)

and a good reply :)

we better stop this now before this gets really sad......... :D

jens
26th July 2009, 18:27

Did you say drivers in plural? Nakajima? :p :

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 18:46
Did you say drivers in plural? Nakajima? :p :

well I think Naka has improved reccently, a few races ago i wanted him out of williams because i thought he wasnt good enough, but now im nt so sure. ;)

ClarkFan
27th July 2009, 00:52
In his last five races he has finished 6, 5, 5, 4, 4. He is driving very well at the moment in the season, and very consistent. Do you think he will have the pace for a podium soon?
Had the pace today. Not sure why Williams called him in ahead of Webber, but that ended the chance for 3rd.

ClarkFan

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2009, 01:12
Yeah, he is doing well. And I have more faith in Rosberg's driving abilities than the Williams Team's strategy.

Sonic
27th July 2009, 08:25
Its no secret that I'm a big Nico fan but I am very torn with regards to his future. On the one hand he is clearly the driving force in the team right now and without his speed williams would be lucky to pick up the odd point with Naka (much as I've grown to like him he just isn't lead driver material). On the other hand Nico has his career to think about; moving onto a more competitive ride is clearly the way to go. Even although Nico himself has said he'd be sad to leave I think he will move on especially when he sits down and thinks about it logically - Williams have stolen the leap on much of the field this year but even as a die hard fan it seems more likely that they will at best tread water next season.

Although from a personal POV it would be great to see two generations of Rosbergs win in williams'

stevie_gerrard
27th July 2009, 11:11
He is a brilliant talent, got a lot of potential and a future world champion for sure. The fact he has been so consistent is credit to him, and hopefully he will be close to 5th in the WDC by the end of the season.

jens
27th July 2009, 11:18
---a future world champion for sure. ---

Such statements are always risky and could backfire easily. :p : "For sure".