PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the day

truefan72
26th July 2009, 15:16
to me it is clearly the renault pit team and Flavio.

If not of that sloppy pit stop, Alonso just might have podiumed today. Too bad for him.

Flavio for practically walking out of the race with 7 laps to go while his other driver is still fighting it out on the track is completley classless. No matter what you think of NPJr, he deserves professional attention in tight competitive and tough race.
Simply shameful by flavio.

Garry Walker
26th July 2009, 15:19
Agreed.

F1boat
26th July 2009, 15:20
The Renault pit team and Vettel for his amazing start.

wedge
26th July 2009, 15:22
FIA stewards - again. No need to talk to Kimi let alone penalize him.

truefan72
26th July 2009, 15:30
oh and honorable mention for Button and his "team inspiring" comments over the radio. Sounds like a spoiled brat

wedge
26th July 2009, 15:41
oh and honorable mention for Button and his "team inspiring" comments over the radio. Sounds like a spoiled brat

Wouldn't you be the same if you found out your car turned into a complete dog overnight?

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 15:48
to me it is clearly the renault pit team and Flavio.

If not of that sloppy pit stop, Alonso just might have podiumed today. Too bad for him.

Flavio for practically walking out of the race with 7 laps to go while his other driver is still fighting it out on the track is completley classless. No matter what you think of NPJr, he deserves professional attention in tight competitive and tough race.
Simply shameful by flavio.

Agreed. That pretty much seals it for Nelsinho unfortunately.

ioan
26th July 2009, 15:57
Wouldn't you be the same if you found out your car turned into a complete dog overnight?

Overnight?! They were not 1st or 2nd best team for more than 1 month.

wedge
26th July 2009, 16:06
Overnight?! They were not 1st or 2nd best team for more than 1 month.

Button never had major issues with his rear tyres in the previous days and then during the race suddenly finds out his rear tyres chewed and grained to pieces. Dunno about you but I'd be angry as well.

markabilly
26th July 2009, 16:12
pitman for FA,
Flavio the thong for sticking his tongue out and leaving,
Naka for getting scorched by Neson Jr. (who also deserves some award for not giving flavio what he wanted, another excuse to dump him)

Looks like renault had a real good race

ioan
26th July 2009, 16:13
Button never had major issues with his rear tyres in the previous days and then during the race suddenly finds out his rear tyres chewed and grained to pieces. Dunno about you but I'd be angry as well.

He probably never ran with 25 laps worth of fuel on board either during the rest of the week end.

wedge
26th July 2009, 16:22
He probably never ran with 25 laps worth of fuel on board either during the rest of the week end.

Yes he did, which is why he went longer first stint.

ioan
26th July 2009, 16:23
Yes he did, which is why he went longer first stint.

You sure about that? I'll be happy to see the proof, black in white from Brawn GP.

christophulus
26th July 2009, 16:25
No real donkeys again for me. Not on track at any rate - but a few members of the Renault pitstop crew had a poor race, not to mention Flav for leaving early.

Dave B
26th July 2009, 17:04
Renault in general.

Firstly for giving FA a glory run on Saturday which gave him headlines but no chance of a win, then for screwing up his pitstop, then to Fernando and his team for not parking it when his wheel was flapping loose, and finally to Flavio for a classless lack of support for Piquet.

driveace
26th July 2009, 17:07
Renault pit crew ( even my local garage can fit a wheel that wont come of,problem is when they DO I cant get it off without a metre long bar),then Flavio too .Has he NO interest in NP at all ?

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 17:18
id go with the pit crews of both webber and alonso. both cock ups involved.

jens
26th July 2009, 17:31
Renault in general.

Firstly for giving FA a glory run on Saturday which gave him headlines but no chance of a win, then for screwing up his pitstop, then to Fernando and his team for not parking it when his wheel was flapping loose, and finally to Flavio for a classless lack of support for Piquet.

My choice as well for the "donkey".

ioan
26th July 2009, 17:36
Renault in general.

Agree with all of the above.

Ari
27th July 2009, 01:35
Agree. Renault team.

Saint Devote
27th July 2009, 01:51
This motor racing.

And its about time people stopped making silly comments criticizing teams and drivers for their actions and comments in the heat of the moment.

Furthermore, the FIA should just get off the teams backs by penalizing and ruling on issues that not too long ago drivers like Mario Andretti and AJ Foyt would have walked up to the officials and punched their pretentious lights out!

What a bunch of girls!

Storm
27th July 2009, 07:34
Renault pit crew for completely messing it up.

HK too gets a mention, his teammate won the race easily and he is out there dicing with Toyotas/Williams.

Garry Walker
27th July 2009, 08:06
You sure about that? I'll be happy to see the proof, black in white from Brawn GP.

We dont know either way, neither of you has shown any proof for his claims.

Dave B
27th July 2009, 08:43
Button pitted on laps 25 and 55, so simple maths says that after his first stop he had 30 laps' worth of fuel on board. You don't need to see evidence from Brawn: the fact that Jenson didn't run out of fuel is proof enough.

stevie_gerrard
27th July 2009, 11:13
got to be the renault team, chance of a podium for FA yesterday, and his team blew it for him.

ioan
27th July 2009, 11:22
Button pitted on laps 25 and 55, so simple maths says that after his first stop he had 30 laps' worth of fuel on board. You don't need to see evidence from Brawn: the fact that Jenson didn't run out of fuel is proof enough.

I was asking about the rest of the week end, like in FP1, FP2 FP3 when they asses the tires for the race conditions.

ioan
27th July 2009, 11:22

I didn't claim anything, I just questioned his claims.
He claims they did, so I'm asking for a proof.

Anyway, none of your business.

wedge
27th July 2009, 12:14

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=338455&FS=F1

Valve Bounce
27th July 2009, 12:27

Could you please tell me what "team inspiring comments" you are referring to. Thanks.

I was under the impression that bunsen was in serious trouble with extreme oversteer at one stage and was informing his pits of his problem. I do remember he was suddenly lapping much slower as I was also following progress on live timing as well as the BBC webcast which showed he was all over the place in corners.

wedge
27th July 2009, 12:38
Massive temperature drop from Friday to Sunday

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77369

ioan
27th July 2009, 12:45
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=338455&FS=F1

Does it say they ran with 25 laps worth of fuel in practice and everything was working great?

Massive temperature drop from Friday to Sunday

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77369

Yep, it was on all meteorological sites for everyone to see, even for the Brawn GP.

From what they saw in the 2 previous GP's they should have known what happens if the temperatures drop.

Anyway, IMO they simply can't keep up the development rate of the big teams.

wedge
27th July 2009, 12:54
Does it say they ran with 25 laps worth of fuel in practice and everything was working great?

Yep, it was on all meteorological sites for everyone to see, even for the Brawn GP.

From what they saw in the 2 previous GP's they should have known what happens if the temperatures drop.

Anyway, IMO they simply can't keep up the development rate of the big teams.

Brawn were having problems with much lower track/ambient temperatures.

And even with warm temperatures the car is very sensitive. Can you can't replicate that with no track testing and therefore further develop the required upgrades?

ioan
27th July 2009, 13:06
Brawn were having problems with much lower track/ambient temperatures.

And even with warm temperatures the car is very sensitive. Can you can't replicate that with no track testing and therefore further develop the required upgrades?

Does anyone have the the track temperatures from Fridays FP1 session? I think the temperatures were about the same as in yesterday's race.

christophulus
27th July 2009, 16:31
Does anyone have the the track temperatures from Fridays FP1 session? I think the temperatures were about the same as in yesterday's race.

FP1 (Friday): Ambient 26-30C, Track 34-38C

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15650&Itemid=219

Race (Sunday): Ambient 23C, Track 31-32C

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15801&Itemid=219

ioan
27th July 2009, 18:11
Thanks for the data. :)

ClarkFan
27th July 2009, 18:55
He probably had more than 25 laps on board at the start - maybe something like 30. The team would have fueled him for any laps they thought he was going to turn in Q3 plus about 1/3 of the race. Button probably stopped at lap 25 because his tires were gone then, not because he needed fuel.

ClarkFan

ioan
27th July 2009, 19:29
He probably had more than 25 laps on board at the start - maybe something like 30

Post qualifying weight:

Button Brawn-Mercedes 664.5 kgs

Car + driver without fuel = 605 minimum, so he got maximum 59.5 kgs of fuel.
Consumption is around 2 - 2.2 kgs per lap which means he had 25 laps worth of fuel. No way he had fuel for 30laps, unless his car was underweight which wasn't the case.

Dave B
27th July 2009, 19:40
He probably had more than 25 laps on board at the start - maybe something like 30. The team would have fueled him for any laps they thought he was going to turn in Q3 plus about 1/3 of the race. Button probably stopped at lap 25 because his tires were gone then, not because he needed fuel.

ClarkFan
Entirely possible, but however you slice it his 2nd stint was 30 laps therefore when he left the pit he had at least 30 laps' fuel on board. :)

Robinho
27th July 2009, 22:17
This motor racing.

And its about time people stopped making silly comments criticizing teams and drivers for their actions and comments in the heat of the moment.

Furthermore, the FIA should just get off the teams backs by penalizing and ruling on issues that not too long ago drivers like Mario Andretti and AJ Foyt would have walked up to the officials and punched their pretentious lights out!

What a bunch of girls!

we have a Donkey of the Race thread every race where we all chip in about how much of a tool Piquet was (sometimes other drivers get called too ;) )

likewise a driver of the race thread (it works in the opposite way)

if you don't want to participate in such frivolity feel free not too.

and unfortunately for you (and me) and some others old enough to at least recognise such names, i wouldn't say Mario or AJ were "not too long ago", in fact its quite a scary amount of time ago unfortunately :)

ClarkFan
27th July 2009, 23:27
No way he had fuel for 30laps, unless his car was underweight which wasn't the case.

It has happened before! ;)

ClarkFan

ClarkFan
27th July 2009, 23:30
Entirely possible, but however you slice it his 2nd stint was 30 laps therefore when he left the pit he had at least 30 laps' fuel on board. :)

And Brawn's real bottom line is that however much fuel Button had on board, they have performance issues to address. Unless Button has completed a full Idiot-Genius-Idiot cycle in just over half a season! :D

ClarkFan

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 00:39
Button has completed a full Idiot-Genius-Idiot cycle in just over half a season! :D

ClarkFan

That's a bit harsh!! :p :

ClarkFan
28th July 2009, 02:47
That's a bit harsh!! :p :
Harsh? It would make him unprecedented - the fastest rise and fall in the history of the WDC. Finally, a claim to lasting fame!

Unless, of course, the car is just a bit off....... ;)

ClarkFan

Garry Walker
3rd August 2009, 18:16
'
Anyway, none of your business.
:rotflmao: You are a nobody to tell me what is my business or not, I will say whatever I want whenever I want, whether you like it or not.