PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Kimi will be penalised?

SkyTom
26th July 2009, 15:12
I don't think that Kimi deserves any penalty, but it said that the stewards will be investigating after the race. What do you think the outcome will be?

BeansBeansBeans
26th July 2009, 15:14
I hope not, but it was similar to the Webber incident in Germany, so a precedent has kind of been set.

F1boat
26th July 2009, 15:15
I honestly hope for a fine, no penalty or grid penalty for the next race. IMO it is wrong to touch the race results now, after the race. There should not be a penalty, IMO. A racing accident.

truefan72
26th July 2009, 15:19
it would be criminal to fine kimi
if they do so, you would know it was completely political.

Vettel made a terrible start and they were all tight in the first corner. It is called racing LOL

Another question would be if webber/rbr should be fined for unsafe it exit

BDunnell
26th July 2009, 15:22
If he gets a penalty for that, it would be utterly absurd.

Garry Walker
26th July 2009, 15:24
For what? There is nothing to penalize him for.
Just because vettel drove into him, does not mean he should get a penalty.

BDunnell
26th July 2009, 15:25
For what? There is nothing to penalize him for.
Just because vettel drove into him, does not mean he should get a penalty.

I don't think Vettel drove into him. Raikkonen clearly got a bit of a slide on and a bit of contact was unavoidable. It was just a bit of hard racing with four drivers almost side-by-side.

Garry Walker
26th July 2009, 15:31
I don't think Vettel drove into him. Raikkonen clearly got a bit of a slide on and a bit of contact was unavoidable. It was just a bit of hard racing with four drivers almost side-by-side.

Well, yes, I agree with that.
Hard racing is what we want to see as fans, at least what I want to see.Today we were given some of that, that does not happen every day. And then people go totally crazy, saying its dangerous and whine and bitch and cry.

BDunnell
26th July 2009, 15:36
Well, yes, I agree with that.
Hard racing is what we want to see as fans, at least what I want to see.Today we were given some of that, that does not happen every day. And then people go totally crazy, saying its dangerous and whine and bitch and cry.

Yes. The action into and through the first corner from Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel et al was aggressive, exciting and clean.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th July 2009, 15:47
Yes, fine Kimi for getting a too good of a start :rolleyes:

christophulus
26th July 2009, 16:22
Doubt he'll get a penalty, to be honest I still can't see anything that would warrant one. Not sure what there is to investigate?

BDunnell
26th July 2009, 16:33
Doubt he'll get a penalty, to be honest I still can't see anything that would warrant one. Not sure what there is to investigate?

Well, the simple matter of two cars getting within a metre of each other on the racetrack seems to throw the stewards into a state of apoplexy.

Dave B
26th July 2009, 17:20
I said before that Kimi drove like a cock, and I stand by that. However, what he did was no worse than what Webber did a week ago or indeed many other race starts from many other drivers. I disagreed with penalising Mark just as I'd disagree with penalising Kimi now.

The trouble is the stewards set precidents then sometimes act on them, sometimes not. There's no consistency in applying the rules.

christophulus
26th July 2009, 17:23
Strange update off Twitter: Red Bull and Renault representatives have been summoned to see the stewards

http://twitter.com/NobleF1

What's all that about?

EDIT: Seems like two separate incidents, makes more sense!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77351

It is understood that the Renault matter relates to the wheel that fell of Fernando Alonso's car following his first pit stop, while Red Bull Racing will have to explain the late release of Mark Webber's car from the pits, which resulted in a near collision with Kimi Raikkonen.

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 17:24
I hope he doesnt get a penalty, no one was really disadvantaged in the end.(you could say the same for webber vs barrichello as well i spose). I dont think he'll get a penalty, he certainly doesnt deserve it IMO

christophulus
26th July 2009, 17:31
No penalty for Kimi - the right decision for once!

Dave B
26th July 2009, 17:34

Good, although that makes Webber's penalty in Germany all the more unjustified.

ioan
26th July 2009, 17:34

Can't agree with this inconsistency from one week to another.

SkyTom
26th July 2009, 17:35

Agreed with this. But most felt that Webber's drivethrough was unwarranted.

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 17:53
Agreed with this. But most felt that Webber's drivethrough was unwarranted.

agreed. none of them should have got a penalty, that would show consisistency since none of them deserved it.

F1boat
26th July 2009, 17:56
Great decision...

jens
26th July 2009, 18:43
I have no idea, why do they need to investigate such cases "after the race"? 25-sec penalty is harsher than drive-through (which lasts for 10-15 secs). Imagine if a safety car appears on the last laps and later a driver in front drops to last with that penalty, which has been given for a start accident. "Why couldn't you investigate it straightaway and give a drive through early on, you damn idiots," would be a normal driver's reaction then.

Robinho
27th July 2009, 19:41
agree he shouldn't have had a penalty, although i think it can be distinguished from Webbers incidnet in Germany - that was a move from the driver, on a straight, when he has admitted he didn't know where the other car was (and if he did know that would make it even worse)

in Kimi's case it was mid corner to corner exit, three + cars abreast and he got a slide on rather than made a deliberate move - i think the distinction is clear.

Webber was harshly treated but i do think he deserved some punishment, in Kimi's case i think the right decision was made.

finally - how Webber/Red Bull weren't given an automatic drive thru for the highly unsafe pit release into Kimi i don't know, especially after the raft of penalties for the same last year

woody2goody
27th July 2009, 19:53
agree he shouldn't have had a penalty, although i think it can be distinguished from Webbers incidnet in Germany - that was a move from the driver, on a straight, when he has admitted he didn't know where the other car was (and if he did know that would make it even worse)

in Kimi's case it was mid corner to corner exit, three + cars abreast and he got a slide on rather than made a deliberate move - i think the distinction is clear.

Webber was harshly treated but i do think he deserved some punishment, in Kimi's case i think the right decision was made.

finally - how Webber/Red Bull weren't given an automatic drive thru for the highly unsafe pit release into Kimi i don't know, especially after the raft of penalties for the same last year

I know it sounds bad, and I don't mean it like this, but why was Kimi's 'incident' investigated after the race and Webber was given a drive through straight away?

Robinho
27th July 2009, 21:45
for me because it was clear that Kimi's "incident" was much less of an offence, if one at all, and probably the main reason is the requirement to interview the drivers involved.

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2009, 23:29

Knowing that you are a devoted Ferrari fan, I have to give you a :up: for that post.

However they decide (and I happen to like Kimi myself), greater consistency would be nice.