PDA

View Full Version : Bravo, Lewis!

F1boat
26th July 2009, 14:53
Hamilton proved his critics wrong. Tremendous race! Congratulations for all his fans!

Dave B
26th July 2009, 14:55
That was a victory on merit, and totally deserved for Lewis and all at McLaren :champion: :up:

McLaren vs Ferrari, eh? Just like old times!

truefan72
26th July 2009, 15:09
That was a victory on merit, and totally deserved for Lewis and all at McLaren :champion: :up:

yes what a race, can't lie, got a bit emotional at the end
It has been a long hard year to date and this victory rights alot of themeans so much to the team and lewis.

I can't say they are back yet, but on this day, they were great!

Also a fond congrats to kimi and ferrari :up:
great to see them back up there as well, and especially on this weekend it was particularly touching:

F1boat
26th July 2009, 15:09
Yes! The class of these two teams is eternal!

Garry Walker
26th July 2009, 15:10
Have to hand it to him, he was really good today.
congrats mclaren fans.

F1boat
26th July 2009, 15:13
After these race I realized that I am missing the battles between Ferrari and McLaren! Let them duel till the end of the year! With Alonso as well!

ioan
26th July 2009, 15:13
Great showing by Lewis and McLaren! :up:

christophulus
26th July 2009, 16:30
Great win, and more importantly we now have at least four teams who look capable of winning a race.

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 17:22
brilliant day for mclaren. Lewis drove superbly today, absolutely impeccable. and unbelievable.

mclaren can now win again, they are a competitive outfit again, and my pride as a macca and lewis fan is raised to levels as high as they were at the end of 2008 again, thank goodness!

Triumph
26th July 2009, 17:30
Well done Lewis! This is the perfect scenario as Lewis can be winning and at the same time be helping preserve Jenson's championship position.

N. Jones
26th July 2009, 17:35

:laugh: Was last year that long ago?

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 17:36
One thing's for sure, this makes the season even more exciting than it already is :)

Now we have Brawn, Ferrari, RBR, McLaren and possibly Williams and Toyota that can challenge.

Hamilton was flawless today. He, like Kimi got a bit lucky at the start, meaning that it was so close it was lucky there wasn't a pile-up.

But after that he was excellent. Nice move on Webber too. KERS assisted, yes, but he took it very well.

26th July 2009, 18:11
Great to Lewis win again. If the Mclarens can keep this form going for the rest of the season it could make the championship more interesting

jens
26th July 2009, 18:39
Wouldn't have believed until the race that McLaren would be challenging for the win on merit. But as it happened... well, their development pace has been truly incredible. Just a few races ago they were basically among backmarkers.

The 2009 F1 season never ceases to amaze. Brawn GP's rise from nowhere. And McLaren's resurgence from nowhere. What next? Alguersuari's win? :D

I am evil Homer
26th July 2009, 19:31
More likely than a Toyota win right now :D

26th July 2009, 19:37
An absolute fecking disgrace that this bunch of liars and cheats get any plaudits.

jens
26th July 2009, 19:48
More likely than a Toyota win right now :D

Yes, despite all the surprises and unpredictabilities this is the only thing that never changes (Toyota not winning). :p :

gloomyDAY
26th July 2009, 19:50
An absolute fecking disgrace that this bunch of liars and cheats get any plaudits.Just shut up.

26th July 2009, 19:54
Just shut up.

Are you a moderator? If not, then deal with the fact that people have different opinions from you.

gloomyDAY
26th July 2009, 19:59
Are you a moderator? If not, then deal with the fact that people have different opinions from you.No, I'm not a moderator, but no one on this board should put up with your vitriol.

Therefore, shut up.

F1boat
26th July 2009, 20:00
IMO such vitriol makes the triumph of your guy all the better - and I am speaking on principle, not even about today.

BDunnell
26th July 2009, 20:01
Are you a moderator? If not, then deal with the fact that people have different opinions from you.

I for one have no problem with differing opinions being expressed, but there are ways and means of doing so.

gloomyDAY
26th July 2009, 20:01
:)

IMO such vitriol makes the triumph of your guy all the better - and I am speaking on principle, not even about today.

Just glad that McLaren executed the perfect game plan today.
Lewis really nailed the start and it was all pewter in front until the end.

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 21:11
I for one have no problem with differing opinions being expressed, but there are ways and means of doing so.

Yep.

McLaren made the strategy work today. Also, a good job by Heikki, but he'll be disappointed to finish 30+ seconds behind Hamilton.

I'm extremely impressed by the improvement they have shown even since Spain.

Sonic
26th July 2009, 22:10
An excellent drive today. My only slight grievence is that he did not show proper respect on the podium to Massa. I know he's over the moon to be winning again but I don't think spraying the champs was classy. Just my opinion of course. ;)

Ari
27th July 2009, 01:38
Yep top drive. I'm a Ferrari fan and to be honest can't stand Lewis but I thought it was great. He was really so happy. Drove a flawless race and deserved the win. Happy to see McLaren and Ferrari back on the podium. I think it's very important commercially for F1 that these teams do well.

Ari
27th July 2009, 01:40
One thing's for sure, this makes the season even more exciting than it already is :)

Now we have Brawn, Ferrari, RBR, McLaren and possibly Williams and Toyota that can challenge.

Don't get tooooo excited. It was a very tight track like Monaco where the superior downforce of the RB5 did not come into play. If you look at Monaco the Ferrari and McLaren were fast there as well so it shouldn't be all that surprising.

If they can still match it on a fast sweeping track then it's game on. For now let's just wait and see. ;)

stevie_gerrard
27th July 2009, 11:07
Lewis was brilliant yet again, proved just why he is world champion. an immaculate drive :up:

Robinho
27th July 2009, 19:48
great drive when given the opportunity of a result, and on a track where the car difference was less Leiws seemed to make up the rest and them some.

quite impressive showing considering the state of the car - al ot of people have said that Lewis will never be great (not saying this does make him a great, but its another step along the way for his career) as he can't win in an inferior car etc. i think today perhaps answered a lot about that - he's not looked great this year but given a sniff of victory he took it with both hands - well done, very good drive

woody2goody
27th July 2009, 19:56
Don't get tooooo excited. It was a very tight track like Monaco where the superior downforce of the RB5 did not come into play. If you look at Monaco the Ferrari and McLaren were fast there as well so it shouldn't be all that surprising.

If they can still match it on a fast sweeping track then it's game on. For now let's just wait and see. ;)

You do need downforce at the Hungaroring, especially in the middle sector of the lap which is quite fast and sweeping.

I get your point though. The form seems to be changing every race this year so we won't know who will be where by Valencia.

Big Ben
27th July 2009, 20:21
great drive when given the opportunity of a result, and on a track where the car difference was less Leiws seemed to make up the rest and them some.

quite impressive showing considering the state of the car - al ot of people have said that Lewis will never be great (not saying this does make him a great, but its another step along the way for his career) as he can't win in an inferior car etc. i think today perhaps answered a lot about that - he's not looked great this year but given a sniff of victory he took it with both hands - well done, very good drive

yeah... right! he won in an inferior car. Great drive, great strategy, tremendous progress for mclaren... no need to pi$$ on the work of all those people working at Mclaren to praise your idol... more of the usual

Jag_Warrior
27th July 2009, 20:29
Yes, a great drive by Lewis! And a fine job by McLaren in revising what seemed to be a real dog of a car. Heikki also did very well.

Hopefully this is an indication that there will be a greater mix of teams challenging for wins from this point to the end of the season. I'm pulling for Rosberg to get a podium too.

Big Ben
27th July 2009, 20:34
An excellent drive today. My only slight grievence is that he did not show proper respect on the podium to Massa. I know he's over the moon to be winning again but I don't think spraying the champs was classy. Just my opinion of course. ;)

What would you expect? even as they were trying to get Massa out of the car everybody seemed pretty concerned. Our boy was making faces at the camera. Lately i´ve started to think that maybe i´m to judging him too hard... maybe the boy´s not too bright.

Robinho
27th July 2009, 21:52
yeah... right! he won in an inferior car. Great drive, great strategy, tremendous progress for mclaren... no need to pi$$ on the work of all those people working at Mclaren to praise your idol... more of the usual

clearly you know me and my allegiances very well. :rolleyes:

i'm a bit of a Lewis fan, more of a McLaren fan (albeit that has been diluted over the last 18months or so for obvious reasons)

there is no doubt that the McLaren is a vastly improved car, but it is not the class of the field, it is not flat out the fastest car. the team have done an amazing job to make up a couple of seconds this year, and likely Hungary (like Monaco and Nurburgring) the slower corners suit the McLaren more than the fast stuff at Silverston, Turkey etc. fact remains that Lewis madethe difference to get to the front and take control of the race in a car that has at times been appalling this year, and now if among the front runners, but i'd still say its inferior compared to the Red Bull (and at best on a par with Ferrari, Williams, Brawn)

Lewis is not my "idol", this is not more of "the usual", and if you've ever read any of my posts here i'd hope you'd see i try to give credit where its due and criticism where deserved, regardless of the driver/team combination. i can't say i'm not a bit biased in favour of some drivers and teams over others, but i try to be fair.

jens
27th July 2009, 21:57
fact remains that Lewis madethe difference to get to the front and take control of the race in a car that has at times been appalling this year, and now if among the front runners, but i'd still say its inferior compared to the Red Bull (and at best on a par with Ferrari, Williams, Brawn)

Although Lewis drove a great race, there is nothing to suggest McLaren wasn't the best car last race. And to say it's a "match" to a car, which barely made it into the points (Brawn GP) is clearly a stretch. F1 driver talent pool in modern era is not so uneven that even top drivers beat each other by a minute over a race distance. If someone drives away from others into the distance especially in dry conditions, it's usually due to having the fastest car.

But in the beginning of the season Knock-on said too that Button kept winning on a consistent basis in the third best car in the field. :p :

Robinho
27th July 2009, 22:04
i think the Brawn has not suddenly become a bad car, they have had issues with the tyre temp, and in their efforts to cure that i think they have created new problems - it seems the car is no longer kind on its tyres in the heat, maybe the effort to get heat into the tyres has gone too far?

maybe it would be faier of me to say that Lewis got the best out of a car that on its day was as quick as anything else.

i still think the Red Bull is ultimately quicker and i don't think Mclaren have an appreciable speed advantage over the other front runners

Saint Devote
28th July 2009, 03:14
The fawning over Hamilton demonstrates the subjective nature of people's memories.

Hamilton is far from being a flawless driver and if he could not win today with 80 horsepower more [kers], after Alonso's problem, Massa's accident and a tight track that becomes more difficult to pass as a race goes on, then it would raise questions.

Hamilton gets flustered when under pressure and as world champion his mistakes as in Monte Carlo should not be forgotten.

He is actually doing what he should be doing given his status and the team he is with.

The remarkable issue is that Mclaren have also messed up badly this year - goven their resources.

They are a team that has destroyed their credibility after being led by a neurotic named Dennis.

They won, but to dismiss the inefficiencies and incompetencies that has been evident this year is like viewing the Brawn team in the context of their performance in the last few races only.

I am openly no supporter of Hamilton because he represents everything that is the antithesis of what I view as a racing driver. He is a little girl and acts that way compared to people such as Button and Webber.

But he is skillful unless he under pressure, because that is when he cracks.

Jag_Warrior
28th July 2009, 05:04
I always love it when someone prattles on about the subjectivity of other people's posts, and then they write a diatribe filled with nothing but subjectives. :rolleyes:

-How's it going, Pot.
-Pretty good, Kettle. How you doin'?

Ari
28th July 2009, 05:31
Hamilton gets flustered when under pressure and as world champion his mistakes as in Monte Carlo should not be forgotten.

Who doesn't get flustered a little?

I say respect to the guy for driving to the front then not taking out Webber when he got back under him.

Hamilton is still a young driver only a couple years out of his rookie season. He already had a WDC and came very close on another occasion.

While I don't believe in some of his or McLarens ethics I do rate him as a driver. He has 'fire' and you need that if you want to win.

I can't believe I'm defending Louise. I feel so dirty.

Ari
28th July 2009, 05:32
I always love it when someone prattles on about the subjectivity of other people's posts, and then they write a diatribe filled with nothing but subjectives. :rolleyes:

-How's it going, Pot.

You're right. I probably should not have offered such a constructive reply to his post. :p

Valve Bounce
28th July 2009, 05:34
Who doesn't get flustered a little?

I say respect to the guy for driving to the front then not taking out Webber when he got back under him.

Hamilton is still a young driver only a couple years out of his rookie season. He already had a WDC and came very close on another occasion.

While I don't believe in some of his or McLarens ethics I do rate him as a driver. He has 'fire' and you need that if you want to win.

I can't believe I'm defending Louise. I feel so dirty.

Yeah! almost as bad as cheering for the Magpies to beat Carlton. :(

Jag_Warrior
28th July 2009, 05:35
You're right. I probably should not have offered such a constructive reply to his post. :p

I guess I'm just getting quick on the trigger as birthdays begin to pass me by. :D

But like many hit & run artists before him, I figure he's just passing through. I shouldn't even bother getting out of my seat. :dozey:

Dave B
28th July 2009, 08:35

-How's it going, Pot.
Aye, that happens a lot round here :)