PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the day, Hungary

yodasarmpit
26th July 2009, 14:43
For me it has to be Glock.
Followed by Lewis, Kimi, and Jaime Alguersuari.

Dave B
26th July 2009, 14:45
Lewis & Glock. Kimi disqualifies himself from my list for driving like a cock at the start.

Ent
26th July 2009, 14:45
Lewis gets my vote, with Glock a near second.

BeansBeansBeans
26th July 2009, 14:51
Lewis & Glock. Kimi disqualifies himself from my list for driving like a cock at the start.

He's under investigation still, I believe.

F1boat
26th July 2009, 14:52
Hamilton!

ShiftingGears
26th July 2009, 14:52
He's under investigation still, I believe.

I hope there's no penalty. That would be disgraceful.

truefan72
26th July 2009, 14:54

agreed and all of Vettels bitching won't erase his terrible start

Hamilton gets my vote, followed by a tie between Glock and Kimi

F1boat
26th July 2009, 14:54

I agree. FIA has the habit of ruining the races. I believed them to be wrong in Germany and it will be wrong to punish Kimi today as well.

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 14:57
Lewis, Glock and Trulli :)

ioan
26th July 2009, 14:58

No it wouldn't.
Webber was penalized for similar moves 2 weeks ago.

Other than that a good drive from Kimi.

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 15:02
No it wouldn't.

I think it was more clumsy than anything else. I think Webber was more to blame in Germany than Kimi was today.

I don't think it was the smartest decision by Vettel to try to go four-wide out of turn 2. Kimi was blameless today.

Tazio
26th July 2009, 15:02
No it wouldn't.

I think that's why Kimi drove so hard in the last two laps.
He finnished 25.9 ahesd of Nico.
The most he can loose now is one position!
with a 25 sec penalty!

DexDexter
26th July 2009, 15:04
Hamilton, followed by Kimi. To me his start was fantastic, nothing wrong with that. I mean what are they supposed to do? Follow my leader?

ShiftingGears
26th July 2009, 15:05
No it wouldn't.

And that was also a disgraceful penalty.

woody2goody
26th July 2009, 15:05
I think that's why Kimi drove so hard in the last two laps.
He finnished 25.9 ahesd of Nico.
The most he can loose now is one position!
with a 25 sec penalty!

Very well spotted I'd forgotten about that. I don't reckon he'll get a penalty though.

DexDexter
26th July 2009, 15:08
And that was also a disgraceful penalty.

Yep, perhaps the most stupid penalty in modern F1 history.

VkmSpouge
26th July 2009, 15:08
Lewis Hamilton, a good move on Mark Webber to take second place in the early laps and an excellent victory. McLaren have really turned things around.

Timo Glock a close second with a very good drive today.

Garry Walker
26th July 2009, 15:09
Kimi disqualifies himself from my list for driving like a cock at the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Yeah, what a disgrace - driver actually attempting a risky move. You couch potatoes who have never raced in your entire life and have no understanding of racing (besides the 5 laps you did with your go-kart at your local track, which you think makes you an expert on all racing now), none whatsoever, you are a disgrace to race fans.

You bitch when there is no overtaking, you bitch when someone shows balls, you bitch when someone drives in a conservative way.

F1boat
26th July 2009, 15:11
IMO Vettel is to blame. The "new Michael" can't start! Ha!

ioan
26th July 2009, 15:12
I think it was more clumsy than anything else. I think Webber was more to blame in Germany than Kimi was today.

It was exactly the same thing Webber did, and he did it twice in 10 seconds!

Both Webber and Kimi did what is called aggressive and careless driving. I said this 2 weeks ago and I stand by my word this time too, even if it's a Ferrari driver involved.

Garry Walker
26th July 2009, 15:23

Both Webber and Kimi did what is called aggressive and careless driving. I said this 2 weeks ago and I stand by my word this time too, even if it's a Ferrari driver involved.

When Schumacher forced Häkkinen and Alonso to the grass at 350 or his brother to the wall, where you saying similar things?

The problem, as I see it, is that Kimi dared to race against Vettel today and that is not something that pleases Ioan.

DexDexter
26th July 2009, 15:36

This is absurd. You call yourself an F1 fan?

truefan72
26th July 2009, 15:42
No it wouldn't.

but the difference was that Webber was called in, served his drive through and went on to win the race. If kimi was investigated in a similar incident then he should have been called in at the time FGS it was the first corner of the first lap!

what is the point of putting out the memo that it will be looked at after the race? absurd IMO

it should be clear to the stewards if indeed there was an infraction.

shades of mclaren 2008 treatment. one rule for the teams and special rules for the team on FIA's hit list.

ioan
26th July 2009, 16:01
This is absurd. You call yourself an F1 fan?

First of all I call myself a human being, not an idiot who drools over dangerous driving.

ioan
26th July 2009, 16:02
but the difference was that Webber was called in, served his drive through and went on to win the race.

There was no difference on the track, and I was amazed at them only looking into this after the race when it happened at the start, amateurish decision making.

christophulus
26th July 2009, 16:24
Hamilton for me, great to see him/McLaren back on form. Glock as well, shame he let himself down in qualifying. And Alguersuari - one less mistake than his "experienced" team-mate and seemed cool and calm all weekend :up:

truefan72
26th July 2009, 16:34
There was no difference on the track, and I was amazed at them only looking into this after the race when it happened at the start, amateurish decision making.
agreed

truefan72
26th July 2009, 16:37
Hamilton for me, great to see him/McLaren back on form. Glock as well, shame he let himself down in qualifying. And Alguersuari - one less mistake than his "experienced" team-mate and seemed cool and calm all weekend :up:
getting a driver of the day nod for finishing pretty much last becuase he made no mistakes, per say, apart from being slow?

I guess Bourdais deserved several nods then lol

not knocking you, jjust the sense of rewarding a driver for doing nothing in the race.

christophulus
26th July 2009, 16:39
getting a driver of the day nod for finishing pretty much last becuase he made no mistakes, per say, apart from being slow?

I guess Bourdais deserved several nods then lol

not knocking you, jjust the sense of rewarding a driver for doing nothing in the race.

It was more that he massively exceeded most people's expectations. Most of the build up seemed to revolve around who he'd crash into and how dangerous he was, and despite all that pressure he proved people wrong. So yes, well done to him :) (he won't get it so easy next time :p )

driveace
26th July 2009, 17:00
Driver of the day Hamilton .Donkeys of the day Renault pit crew,for letting Alonso GO when the wheel was obviously not on correctly!

UltimateDanGTR
26th July 2009, 17:03
I give my DotD to Lewis Hamilton. not just because he's my favourite driver, but he drove his heart out and went attacking, made some brilliant moves, a brilliant start (assisted by KERS granted), kept his cool against webber, and went on to win. I think he would of won anyway had alonso not had his wheel fall off as well. also, the sheer surprise that he was able to win with his car was brilliant, I did not realise that the mclaren was worthy of race winning now, but it is.

well done that man.

jas123f1
26th July 2009, 17:29
Hamilton, and then Kimi.
Kimis start was ok, I have difficult to believe that he will be punished.

Triumph
26th July 2009, 17:30
Lewis, obviously! :-)

jens
26th July 2009, 17:44
If we are back to this topic again, then I think Webber's German GP penalty was justified, because you simply don't ram your rival on a straight. However, this time, maybe I didn't spot it properly, but I didn't really see anything wrong with Kimi's driving.

DOTD's, however, are Hamilton, Räikkönen, Rosberg, Glock and... Heidfeld for dragging that crappy BMW not far from a points-paying position and... Alguersuari for a respectable debut. :p : Interesting that Glock has put in a fantastic drive in Hungary for the second year in row, clearly one of his best circuits - if only Toyota wouldn't cock up qualis on a consistent basis, results could be better.

Ari
27th July 2009, 01:34
Lewis.

What a fantastic drive!

Im Ferrari and Webber all the way but great for F1 to see Lewis/Macca back on the top step.

leopard
27th July 2009, 03:47
For accomplishing the whole laps, outpacing teammate in the very first race, finishing 15 out of 19 drivers my vote goes to ALG :)

Valve Bounce
27th July 2009, 04:03
No question - bunsen gets my vote. His tyres went off, he was oversteering badly, but waited until his tyres responded and hung in there for his two precious points.

This guy has a big heart.

Valve Bounce
27th July 2009, 06:20
Let me expand. He was running around tenth, had chronic oversteer and his lap times were abysmal. He told his pits he was having trouble keeping the car on the road, and looking like falling into the clutches of the guy behind. I just remembered all that. He stuck to the task, his tyres came back, and managed to eventually salvage 7th possie. I'm surprised Wedge didn't pick this up. Well, I suppose he didn't because he ahsn't posted on this thread. I hope he reads my post - I'd like to know if he agrees with me.

Garry Walker
27th July 2009, 08:31
First of all I call myself a human being, not an idiot who drools over dangerous driving.

You have not answered my question.
What were your reactions when Schumacher forced Häkkinen to the grass at 350 at Spa? Or when he forced Alonso to grass at the same speed at Silverstone?
Did you complain about those moves, did you think they were unfair and dangerous or not?
Just want to see if you are a hypocrite or not.

stevie_gerrard
27th July 2009, 11:12
Glock did a sound job today. It's been obvious the toyota has struggled for pace, so its good to see both cars hunting for points yesterday :)

Robinho
27th July 2009, 19:54
Lewis, for a great drive to the front.

Rosberge and Glock both looked pretty good too and young Algusueri did a sterling job, consistent lap times, beat his teammate, didn't hit anyone.