PDA

View Full Version : Versus Pay Per view

NickFalzone
25th July 2009, 17:29
They mentioned this during the IndyCar practice session. Starting this weekend, the Versus broadcast will be available to view live for $3.95 to anyone on the internet. If I was outside of VS cable territory, I might consider this. It includes the entire VS broadcast, with preshow and postshow. The "Race Control" with IMS radio and in-car cameras will still be available for free to those that want to watch it that way.

Marbles
27th July 2009, 22:14
They mentioned this during the IndyCar practice session. Starting this weekend, the Versus broadcast will be available to view live for $3.95 to anyone on the internet. If I was outside of VS cable territory, I might consider this. It includes the entire VS broadcast, with preshow and postshow. The "Race Control" with IMS radio and in-car cameras will still be available for free to those that want to watch it that way.

Sounds interesting but probably isn't available in Canada due to rights issues. I'll have to check their site.

NickFalzone
27th July 2009, 23:33
They say it's available anywhere that doesn't have "Versus" available. Not sure if that includes TSN2 area or not, but worth looking into. Shouldn't TSN2 be like ESPN2 anyway and just thrown on to cable systems as an additional channel? Guess they don't do that.

Marbles
28th July 2009, 00:55
The IRL is, so far, shown live on TSN 2, or TSN if there isn't anything of greater importance such as a dog show or curling. Otherwise it's shown on TSN at midnight. We get the Versus pre-race and race coverage and that's it. There is no qualifying coverage.

JasonD
28th July 2009, 02:11
The IRL is, so far, shown live on TSN 2, or TSN if there isn't anything of greater importance such as a dog show or curling.

Dont forget the Spelling Bee's!