PDA

View Full Version : RBR-Next season open discussion

lcd
24th July 2009, 08:33
Maybe It's kind of early, but I think It's better to have this thread,
so everything related with next season's championship, will be posted here!

So here's my Idea for next season:

Firstly, It would be great to use RBR Chech plugin-off line mod-In order
to have a total of 50 stages ( 37default + 13reversed )!
So, there will be 8 rallies, with an average of 6 mixed stages each!

TIP1: Rally by Rally
Nobody will Know the whole season's schedule, just the dates!
TIP2: Mix n' match
Each rally, will contain mixed stages ( one from each country)
TIP3: Moderate
Each rally's schedule, will be made by a driver, finishing this season, In top 8!

EXAMPLE

Let's say for example, driver A finishes 8th this season,
so he makes next season's first rally:

Steps:

1.Pick your favourite driver-That will be rally's name ( e.g. Carlos Sainz Rally )
2.Choose the stages you like ( e.g. MineshaftI, Fraizer Wells II, e.t.c. )
3.Put them In any order you wish...
4.Define the weather conditions...
5.Complete! Everybody Is going to run a fellow competitor's rally!

That procedure, will be repeated before each rally, excluding of course
the stages that have been run.
I'll continue doing all the rest stuff ( entries boards, Standings, e.t.c.)

I guess there will be much more things to discuss, such as car classes
so you may post your thoughts/suggestions, In order to make
next season's championship as Interesting as possible...

raybak
24th July 2009, 10:53
Just a note everyone, the stage Greenhills in real life looks like it is no more. Earthworks started this week on a new housing sub division. The famous Castrol corner from the Esanda days is now gone.

I'm hoping to do a drive thru of the stage on Sunday to try and record it on video as it is now.

We are running out of stages here in Canberra.

Ray

raybak
24th July 2009, 10:54
I'm prepared to write notes for the stages, so if anyone wants to drive with an actual co driver it can make it a big difference.

Ray

bennizw
24th July 2009, 11:55
Running out of stages in Canberra? Aren't you hosting rally Australia later this year? :p :

Bruce D
24th July 2009, 12:54
Sounds ok to me LCD. The reverse stages would be great cos I don't have too much knowledge of them and thats a small download. I agree, we need to see how many people here are actually on PS2 rather than PC and work from there. From what I've seen maybe one or two. However the series need to get more entries before we can start turning people away like that.

Will the sprint idea happen again next season? I know I'm winning it right now but I don't kinda see the point too much of it, its kind of pot-luck if you get through there clean or not and then set a good time.

Bruce D
24th July 2009, 12:56
I'm prepared to write notes for the stages, so if anyone wants to drive with an actual co driver it can make it a big difference.

Ray

Is the RBR version really that accurate? I thought they were loosely based on real rallies (Pirelli etc) but that the stages were fictional.

lcd
24th July 2009, 13:20
...I'm hoping to do a drive thru of the stage on Sunday to try and record it on video as it is now.

Do that please Ray..!

The reverse stages would be great cos I don't have too much knowledge of them and thats a small download

Reversed stages will give a hell of an Interest In the championship, and the Install Is a piece of cake!

However the series need to get more entries before we can start turning people away like that.

I agree! And there's one more thing! There must be enough entries so more car classes are worthy!
What's the point of having S2000,GpN etc, If there are 2-3 drivers In each category...
As It concerns the rally sprint, It was good for a start, but I don't think It will be In next year's calendar!

Bruce D
24th July 2009, 14:37
I think it would be better to allow the "lower" classes like S2000 and Group N cos there are people that enjoy those cars more than WRC cars. I personally will be swopping over to a S2000 car in the near future, probably right after France so I'd like to see the option available still. I drove the Peugeot 207 S2000 last nite over Mineshaft and loved it way more than the Citroen and still set a 5:03 on the first run with mistakes so its competitive enough without being difficult to drive.

Bruce D
24th July 2009, 14:40
The other thing is that hardly anyone is catering for the S2000s, which is a pity cos there are a few out there and they're great to drive, its just not that popular a formula in Europe, whereas its revolutionised rallying in South Africa - I've never seen such close rallying here ever - 20sec is considered a massive lead!

raybak
24th July 2009, 15:16
Is the RBR version really that accurate? I thought they were loosely based on real rallies (Pirelli etc) but that the stages were fictional.

Nah, they are sort of accurate. I actually write my own notes off the game. My codriver Andrew and I use it for practice for the real thing.

Ray

raybak
24th July 2009, 15:19
Running out of stages in Canberra? Aren't you hosting rally Australia later this year? :p :

Yeah wish we were hosting it, it's about 800km north of us. Still in NSW though.

Might head up, we were hoping to compete but funds are a bit low after some home renovations and too much work on.

Have committed to APRC for next year though, at least 3 rounds anyway.

Ray

lcd
24th July 2009, 16:05
...I think it would be better to allow the "lower" classes like S2000 and Group N cos there are people that enjoy those cars more than WRC cars...

No problem at all! I myself love The Peugeot 207 S2000! But still, what worries me a bit, Is what will happen If there are 5 drivers In wrc , 2 In S2000 and 3 In GroupN...
Will the championship be Interesting enough, as there will be few drivers In each category..?
Any thoughts over that?

J4MIE
24th July 2009, 17:43
We could try having a Monte Carlo rally using the 09 mod thing, had a go last night and it was so difficult :D

Varied events would be good with different stages from each country :up:

S.Bera
25th July 2009, 02:21
Hi guys!
I just thought I could write one or two words.
First thing are car classes. I understand LCD's point- 2 or 3 drivers in a class seems to be boring. But not for those 2- 3 drivers! I personally would stick to my c4 (but might swap it with sierra crossworth if historic class is organised :D ), but I can imagine guys who enjoy let's say group N cars more are going to have a hell lot's of fun competing with each other rather than being forced to drive a car they don't enjoy at all. Don't forget how much had entries quantities (I hope this is how You write it ;) changed over the season. I'm sure next one is going to consist of even more drivers. Especially if we're going to use either rbr czech or rsrbr. Which leads us to another topic:
Console players- simple question how many console players do we have in championship? Do those guys have PC's? If they do It might be good idea if they simple bought PC version of the game. I'm serious- it's worth every penny, becouse in fact You get completely new game (new tracks, new cars, new sounds, new textures for everything, new peacenotes etc etc...). If You have PC, It can propably run RBR with no problems, as we all know RBR is becoming vintage;P
Now last think I must mention are the plugins. I have tried both rbr czech and rsrbr. I love cars physics in rbr czech, and this is MY plugin of choice, but on the other hand rsrbr is much more simple to use- simply install it, and play it. Plus today i tried awesome monte carlo mod on rsrbr, and it blow me away onto the moon! IT'S AVESOME! When You drive on black stuff, You have a bit of grip, when road changes sometimes into white, You must apply some adjustmens to speed, as the grip is much lower. It was so much fun to fight with the car, listen to the peacenotes (as i drove reversed track unknown to me), and scan the surface for any change. SOOO MUUUCH FUUUUN! Another very important in my opinion plus are service areas- damage car a bit, and struggle for next 2 stages to even get it to the service so You can fix a car. On top of that, with plugins It would be possible to compare splits on- go! (sorry for mistakes, but it's late, and I'm not English)

jimakos
25th July 2009, 06:23
No problem at all! I myself love The Peugeot 207 S2000! But still, what worries me a bit, Is what will happen If there are 5 drivers In wrc , 2 In S2000 and 3 In GroupN...
Will the championship be Interesting enough, as there will be few drivers In each category..?
Any thoughts over that?

LCD's opinion is right!
If there are 3 drivers in each category championship loses
the incredible competition that had last time ;)
I also love WRC cars and believe couldn't run with something else!!

Bruce D
25th July 2009, 07:30
I'd have no problem running the 09 mod but for the simple fact that I can't get it, so unless you guys want to put it on a DVD and post it to me, I won't support the idea, great as it does sound. Using the Czech plugin is also ok, but they have a problem with it which means I have to create a whole new profile on my pc to make it work and they refuse to fix the issue, just give people arrogance instead.

As for the class thing, I still think the WRC aren't that nice to drive as lower grade drivers like myself go. Besides, as my times with the 207 proved on Mineshaft, my times aren't that different in a S2000 car compared to a WRC, yet you'd battle with a Group N car to match the times. I think it should be a case of "run what you bring" in any class from WRC, S2000 or Group N, and then where you get overall is your problem. You want to run for overall honours, then drive very well or get a WRC car. No limits as to what classes you can run in or cars you can run. So its totally up to the competitor as to what he/she wants to do rather than being forced to run a car they don't like and getting fed up with the series and running away.

Personally I look forward to the challange of seeing how far up the leaderboard I can get with a S2000 car.

NeverKnow
25th July 2009, 08:03
Heres my 2 cents for the discussion. Mods (like the czech plugin) should be run only if we can be sure that we won't lose any competitors because they could not run RBR as the rules specifies. Let's wait at first and see how many PS2 drivers are there and if they can use PC version of RBR. After that we should find if there is any problems running the plugin.
About classes allowed in the championship, I think we should allow from group-A to modern day (group-A, WRC, s2000, group-N, JWRC, R3 etc.). I think group-B has unfair power to weight ration compared to other cars.
I personally prefer WR cars as they are easy to drive (for me at least), have enough torque at lower rpms and tuning the setups any WR car can handle the way I like.

steve_spackman
25th July 2009, 09:11
It would not be fair to turn people away just because they dont have the PC version of the game.

S.Bera
25th July 2009, 13:01
@NeverKnow
Don't worry about group B class cars- not even one was released for RBR yrt.

ProductionCup
25th July 2009, 13:36
:) WOW!! We've really got a hornet's nest of opinions flying about!!!

LCD: I like your plan of getting the top 8 to select the season's rallies, but I think we should imitate the WRC by deceiding and publishing the schedule in advance. It makes for better planning and strategy.

To those who agree/disagree that different classes of car should be used; I say they SHOULD, for the reasons I outlined in the Australia thread. 4WD and max. 300hp. How you drive it -to compete for fun or to win- is entirely up to the individual.

As to the debate of PS2 vs PC; I say get PC !!! I got mine (SoldOut version) from Amazon-co-uk for £4.99p (new) and it works fine on Windows Vista.
There are SOOOOOOO many add-ons and mods for the PC version that it really is a no-brainer. I like the WRC series on PS2 but the restriction of no add-ons is prohibitive.
If you find the cost of a new, good-spec. PC for RBR too high then secondhand Windows XP PC's with DVD-ROM drives can be had through classified ads and electronics shops (e.g RF Potts Electrical, Derby, UK. Dell PC with XP suitable to run RBR would be about £70-£100).

.........and to finish, I think that 13 entries is fine and we should continue rather than drive people away with too many rules and regulations.

"You're supposed to be having FUN !! I order you to enjoy yourself" :D :D

ProductionCup
25th July 2009, 13:38
@NeverKnow
Don't worry about group B class cars- not even one was released for RBR yrt.

I believe there's a beta version Delta S4 on bhmotorsports, and it can only be a matter of time before someone ports over the Audi Sport Quattro S1 from CMR4/5 to RBR.......

ProductionCup
25th July 2009, 13:45
We could try having a Monte Carlo rally using the 09 mod thing, had a go last night and it was so difficult :D

Varied events would be good with different stages from each country :up:

Hmmm, I'm not so sure. For rallies with one definate surface a driver can get mentally prepared. Not so if one stage was completely different to the next.
(mind you, I'm just speaking for myself. I much prefer dry gravel to any other surface, and so Keilder is my perfect rally. What I'd enjoy on one stage would be a nightmare of time-loss on another if it were snow or wet tarmac......)

steve_spackman
25th July 2009, 18:46
.........and to finish, I think that 13 entries is fine and we should continue rather than drive people away with too many rules and regulations.

Unless this championship is being run by the FIA ha ha

lcd
25th July 2009, 19:08
Listen my latest new Idea:
How about all competitors using the same car + class for each round ?

EXAMPLE

Round1: we all run with Citroen C4 WRC
Round2: we all run with Peugeot S2000
Round3: we all run with Subaru Impreza WRC - Group N
Round4: we all run with Ford Focus WRC e.t.c.

Pretty challenging eh?

steve_spackman
26th July 2009, 00:21

EXAMPLE

Pretty challenging eh?

Sounds like a good idea

talking about the Peugeot S2000...alot of skins for the Peugeot S2000 have just been released on BHMS. Very impressive i must add.

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RBR/downloads/6055

raybak
26th July 2009, 09:25
Does anyone know who could make a version of my Charade Rally car for me. I really want to be able to have a go in it on the stages.

Here's a photo of me in action. http://www.bakermotorsport.net/home/images/photos/snowyhydro.jpg

Ray

jimakos
26th July 2009, 09:45
Here's a photo of me in action. http://www.bakermotorsport.net/home/images/photos/snowyhydro.jpgRay

Cool! What class Is that Ray?

raybak
26th July 2009, 13:40
It used to be A7 but is now PRC 3 as it is too old for Group A. 3 Cyl twin cam turbo, weighing in at class minimum of 920kg.

Ray

lcd
26th July 2009, 18:53
... I think it should be a case of "run what you bring" in any class from WRC, S2000 or Group N, and then where you get overall is your problem.
You want to run for overall honours, then drive very well or get a WRC car. No limits as to what classes you can run in or cars you can run.
So its totally up to the competitor as to what he/she wants to do rather than being forced to run a car they don't like and getting fed up with the series and running away...

Good point there Bruce! :up:

jimakos
27th July 2009, 07:51

EXAMPLE

Pretty challenging eh?

Super idea LCD!
I like it a lot.If all participations drive with the same car
then we'll know who is the best while we are running all the same!
And for guys who want cars S2000 and groupN there will be rounds
where we'll drive with cars like these!
I suppose that all drivers will be happy with this system ;)

lcd
27th July 2009, 18:34
I guess It would be either each driver runs with any car/class he wishes or
everybody use same car/class for each rally In the following order:
WRC/S2000/GroupN/WRC/S2000/GroupN/WRC/S2000 ( 8 rallies)...

steve_spackman
27th July 2009, 21:21
How about including 2WD cars aswell?

Bruce D
28th July 2009, 06:39
Sorry to burst your bubble there steve, but I HATE the 2wd cars, I have never driven a 2wd car in RBR which I've felt is remotely accurate in handling. If 2wd cars were that difficult to drive we'd have a lot more accidents in rallying.

The only rally game I've driven that I felt came close to real 2wd car handlings and sounds was Race of Champions.

raybak
28th July 2009, 09:21
Sorry to burst your bubble there steve, but I HATE the 2wd cars, I have never driven a 2wd car in RBR which I've felt is remotely accurate in handling. If 2wd cars were that difficult to drive we'd have a lot more accidents in rallying.

Yeah I agree.

As a person who actually drives a 2wd rally car in real life, all the ones I've driven have had crap handling and aren't as good as the 4wd in relation to how they are compared to real life.

Ray

steve_spackman
28th July 2009, 16:00

The only rally game I've driven that I felt came close to real 2wd car handlings and sounds was Race of Champions.

Didnt burst my bubble at all.

Was just throwing a suggestion around, as wouldnt it get pretty boring driving the same cars time and time again?

steve_spackman
28th July 2009, 21:08
Who here has the Rally Ireland mod? I got it last night...

Bruce D
29th July 2009, 06:38
Didn't even know there was one out. Where did you find it?

lcd
29th July 2009, 07:01
Didn't even know there was one out. Where did you find it?

You can get Ireland here:
MOD Irlande with install/uninstall (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=51)

And Finland mod (snow), with Improved road textures here:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=52

Cheers!

steve_spackman
29th July 2009, 08:46
After installing these mods i have noticed that the tv crews have gone missing...Any ideas as to what made them vanish?

Bruce D
29th July 2009, 09:09
Downloading now and hopefully give them a crack tonight. That Finland graphics look amazing!

lcd
29th July 2009, 10:08
After installing these mods i have noticed that the tv crews have gone missing...Any ideas as to what made them vanish?

Get ' No Marshalls or media people on stages' mod from here:
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/download/10968
but use scipts.original.rbz so media peoples are back for action!!! :D

...That Finland graphics look amazing!

Yeap! Finland mod Is the best ever made! Gives a more realistic view and
helps In driving too! :up:

Bruce D
29th July 2009, 15:12
How about a little none championship round this weekend on this new Rally Ireland mod? Then we can do Monte next weekend?

Normal rules, normal submission deadline of Tuesday midnight GMT - I can do the results if LCD doesn't want to. Just PM me the times.

PS, yes I don't have a holiday right now so I'm suffering from RBR MSF withdraws...

steve_spackman
29th July 2009, 16:14
where does the scripts.original.rbz file go?

lcd
29th July 2009, 16:45
where does the scripts.original.rbz file go?

Rename 'scripts.original.rbz' to 'scripts.rbz' and place It In rbr main directory!

steve_spackman
30th July 2009, 01:54
You can get Ireland here:
MOD Irlande with install/uninstall (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=51)

So this means we could have a extra rally in the championship next season?

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 06:44
We could do.

Tested this last night - really tricky and bumpy in Harwood! =D

So are more people interested in doing a Rally Ireland this weekend? LCD has said he'll run it like normal.

Are both NewBob stages converted? If thats the case we have 8 stages for this rally. Day 1, 3 stages, Day 2, 3 stages, Day 3 2 stages.

lcd
30th July 2009, 07:04
I'll be using Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Group N) for this event...
I guess everyone's Interested can confirm In this thread!

steve_spackman
30th July 2009, 08:06
I'll be using Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Group N) for this event...
I guess everyone's Interested can confirm In this thread!

Im going to use a Impreza N10

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 09:04
I'll be in the C4 again. ;-)

steve_spackman
30th July 2009, 09:16
I'll be in the C4 again. ;-)

Is that the C4 WRC 08 your using?

raybak
30th July 2009, 09:48
I'll give it a go as well this weekend for rally ireland. Will download it now and install it.

Ray

lcd
30th July 2009, 10:21
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7151/mitubishievox.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7151/mitubishievox.jpg)

NeverKnow
30th July 2009, 11:36
I'm interested participating in Rally Ireland if I get it running properly.

NeverKnow
30th July 2009, 12:13
Well I tried the mod and I ran into a probem. It seems there is very low grip for a tarmac rally and it is better to run with gravel tires than asphalt ones.
Do you guys have normal tarmac grip and the setup program messed something up or is it supposed to be that way?

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 12:52
Is that the C4 WRC 08 your using?

It was, but I've changed my mind if you're using the Group N car - I'll use the VW Polo S2000 car.

I'm starting another thread for the rally proper tonight, once I work out which stages I can use, etc. Format should be Friday 3 stages, Saturday 3 stages, Sunday 2 stages. Times to be submitted to LCD.

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 12:55
Well I tried the mod and I ran into a probem. It seems there is very low grip for a tarmac rally and it is better to run with gravel tires than asphalt ones.
Do you guys have normal tarmac grip and the setup program messed something up or is it supposed to be that way?

I also only tried it with gravel tyres last night and found the grip was low and its very bumpy. Just thought it made it more fun. Haven't tried with tar tyres. I also tried Monte and I noticed no difference in grip when the surface changed. I've got a feeling that they work better with the physics change in RBRSR09...

NeverKnow
30th July 2009, 13:26
I tried Rally Ireland from Kazhol and it has correctish physics for it which means you have tarmac level of grip but due to bumps it is still very tricky. It felt much better than the Rally Ireland from the french site though.

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 14:38
Whats the link to that one?

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 14:44
Ok the link is http://www.kazhol.net/khd_rbr_tracks_irland.htm

I also see from that site that it only replaces 5 stages on GB and one Aus stage, so our rally would only have to be 6 stages.

NeverKnow
30th July 2009, 14:45
Whats the link to that one?
http://www.kazhol.net/khd_rbr_tracks_irland.htm

lcd
30th July 2009, 15:35
Times to be submitted to LCD.

If It's OK with you Bruce, I'd like you to run the whole thing ( times,results e.t.c) as I'd like to enjoy these 2 extra events as a competitor! But If you need my help, just ask for It!

lcd
30th July 2009, 15:42
I tried Rally Ireland from Kazhol and it has correctish physics for it which means you have tarmac level of grip but due to bumps it is still very tricky. It felt much better than the Rally Ireland from the french site though.

Yes, these are the correct physics for rally Ireland. :up:
I suggest we all use them, instead of gravel ones, even If we miss one stage
( Greenhills ) as the feeling Is more tarmac-style that way...

NeverKnow
30th July 2009, 16:45
I found out that there is a little problem with Harvood Forest II. Only small part of this stage has tarmac physics (about 4k in) for about 1.5km and the rest has gravel grip. Seems like mixed stage though the texture is all the same. :confused:

lcd
30th July 2009, 17:05
NeverKnow, In which car/class you Intent to enter the event?

lcd
30th July 2009, 17:09
It was, but I've changed my mind if you're using the Group N car - I'll use the VW Polo S2000 car.

Good choice Bruce..!

NeverKnow
30th July 2009, 17:11
I plan to drive a group-N Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec.C (N12).

steve_spackman
30th July 2009, 18:53

I would imagine its best to backup the files im going to replace before i install these new files into the maps folders?

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 19:18
If It's OK with you Bruce, I'd like you to run the whole thing ( times,results e.t.c) as I'd like to enjoy these 2 extra events as a competitor! But If you need my help, just ask for It!

Cool no problem, used to do the results for our regional championship so I know what I'm doing. Just won't be as fancy as yours but it'll still be ok.

steve_spackman
30th July 2009, 19:40
The mod from the French mod and the Kazhol mod seem the same..didnt find any difference in handling

And its a Subie N12 not the N10 i will be using

Bruce D
30th July 2009, 19:55
Rally thread is up! :D

lcd
7th August 2009, 05:47
I've been doing my ''homework'' recently and I've came to this conclusion:
We're defently gonna need RSRBR09, In oder to have a more decent and
insteresting RBR championship for next season In these forums!
Numbers speak for themselves:

Without RSRBR09 the game offers 6 countries = 37 stages
( 25 gravel, 6 tarmac, 6 snow )

With RSRBR09 these 6 countries plus some new tracks,
give us a total of 204 stages!!!
( 69 gravel, 69 tarmac 67 snow )

So we could have about 11 rallies, with 15-17 stages each!!!

In case you haven't RSRBR09, you'd better start thinking Installing It a.s.a.p!
It's a must ror every RBR fan!

And all these, thanks to the excellent work of the French guys at Rallye Sim!

Bruce D
7th August 2009, 06:33
Hmm, 11 rallies, 15-17 stages each. As my tech friends used to say - Orgasmic!!!

Now that sounds like proper length rallies, not these short 'n sweet things now.

And 11 rallies is nice cos you can have 1 a month and just have a break in August.

Now we just need to get more people to enter...

lcd
7th August 2009, 06:47
I was actually thinking of starting the new season late October until late May
so to have all summer long for extra events! :D

Bruce D
7th August 2009, 09:06
It's your show... ;)

steve_spackman
7th August 2009, 15:13
I've been doing my ''homework'' recently and I've came to this conclusion:
We're defently gonna need RSRBR09, In oder to have a more decent and
insteresting RBR championship for next season In these forums!
Numbers speak for themselves:

Without RSRBR09 the game offers 6 countries = 37 stages
( 25 gravel, 6 tarmac, 6 snow )

With RSRBR09 these 6 countries plus some new tracks,
give us a total of 204 stages!!!
( 69 gravel, 69 tarmac 67 snow )

So we could have about 11 rallies, with 15-17 stages each!!!

Sounds really good.

S.Bera
22nd August 2009, 12:10
hi guys just quick observation after using rsrbr for couple days- the physics are #####... cars have much more grip on gravel, it's not fun anymore. please stick to czech physics as they are much more close to real think.

Bruce D
23rd August 2009, 15:59
Can open... worms everywhere...!!!

52Paddy
23rd August 2009, 17:00
When you all have the final rules decided, can you put them in a new thread. I think I would like to join the championship for next year if everything works out ok in college. That is, if the internet connection in college works ok from my house. :)

lcd
23rd August 2009, 17:21
hi guys just quick observation after using rsrbr for couple days-
the physics are #####... cars have much more grip on gravel, it's not fun anymore...

Agreed there. Gravel grip Is stronger and control over car over tarmac
( especially wet/snow ) Is quite Impossible, at some occasions... :confused:
Seems the best advantage of RSRBR Is that gives many stages
( ...about 204 In total!)

On the other hand, I was wondering how easy would be for all competitors,
to complete a rally with 18-20 stages In just a weekend, taking under consideration
that everybody has some other things to do...

So, another alternative Is the Czech plugin + reversed stages pack,
so physics remain the same and we have reversed stages for all countries!
That gives us 6 rallies again, with 8 stages each - much easier to complete In a weekend!

I guess there must be some more discussion, untill we reach a final
format of new season's championship... ;)

S.Bera
23rd August 2009, 21:29
i must agree, that rsrbr makes it very easy to setup everything for everyone thanks to nice interface, plus like LCD mentioned it gives us some additional stages. but as rbr is all about realism i believe rbr czech is better choice. of course if majority of us want rsrbr- that's fine. anyway it's good idea to argue about it for a while. it's a big change, so we must think about it carefully.
regards- S.Bera

jimakos
24th August 2009, 07:39
I absolutely agree with you S.Bera!
The game play is much more better in czech mode but there is no compare about the variety of cars and stages in rsrbr mode.
The choice is ours.We have to see the benefits of each mode and decide which one we prefer...
And neither I have a problem with anything the majority will decide ;)

steve_spackman
24th August 2009, 10:46
Perhaps a vote would be a wise choice to decide which package we use next season?

jimakos
24th August 2009, 11:01
Perhaps a vote would be a wise choice to decide which package we use next season?

Nice idea steve!
Voting will be the best way,but someone have to make it!!

lcd
24th August 2009, 13:29
There will be a poll between members of RBR Group,
as soon as this season Is complete! ;)

jimakos
24th August 2009, 16:37
There will be a poll between members of RBR Group,
as soon as this season Is complete! ;)

I hoped that someone will take the responsibility for that and LCD was high in my list :p
Good from you LCD to help us!!

52Paddy
24th August 2009, 19:29
So is the choice between RSRBR and the Czech plugin site? I used to rally in an online championship which used the Czech plugin and it worked very well (though my PC did not run the game very well.) I must try RSRBR, I've never tried it before. Is it user-friendly?

steve_spackman
24th August 2009, 19:56
Is it user-friendly?

Thats a yes

52Paddy
24th August 2009, 20:39
Thanks

Bruce D
9th October 2009, 12:41
These are my proposals for the new season:

1. Everyone uses the RSRBR09 mod (and all future add-ons to that. This controls a number of things, not to mention giving more stages and cars and extending the life of both the game and this league.

2. 8 Rounds per "season". Best 7 count? 1 a month?

3. Points - 25, 20, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (Top 20 overall). Same points apply to class and team championships.

4. Class championships. For WRC, N4, S2000 cars. FWD too if someone is crazy enough to use them.

5. Teams championship. Something I want to try on the fun events. Min 2 drivers per team (but unlimited as to how many you have). Total time of best 2 overall decides the Team time. Fast times win. If you don't have 2 drivers in your team, you do qualify for the teams standings.

6. Everyone uses the RSRBR09 times recording system. You may notice that when you run stages it records you time and info on the on the RSCenter screen. You can save these times (look for "save times" in the menus) and then email the HTML to the person running the event. This will prove that times are not cheating and that the correct stages / weather conditions were used. The HTML is saved in your RBR directory in the directory called "MyTimes"

7. More stages per event?

8. People are still not restricted in what cars or classes they choose per event, unless its a fun event and specified.

raybak
9th October 2009, 14:07
I agree with Bruce. Seems like he has it sorted.

My vote for his system.

Ray

lcd
9th October 2009, 15:21
Here are my thoughts over Bruce's proposals:

1. Use of RSRBR09: Agreed!
2. Total rounds: Agreed! (1 round per month)
3. Point system: Agreed!
4. Team up: Agreed!
5. Times recording system: Agreed!
6. Stages per rally: Maximum 8!
7. Free use of cars/classes: Agreed!

Seems next season, It will be a hell of a championship!!! ;)

At this point, I'd like to Inform the RBR Group, that I'm leaving
next season's championship to Bruce's hands!
Good luck m8! :)

Bruce D
10th October 2009, 05:49
BTW if any of you guys do any online rallying with RSRBR09 I'm trying something today - you should find "RBR Cup test" in the public session section. Maybe give it a crack. I'm trying to see what it does. Don't worry the league will still be offline.

jimakos
10th October 2009, 09:27
So it's true!!
LCD is the past Bruce the future!!
Good luck Bruce you need it because LCD organised RBR in a very high level and I don't know if you can make something better and new!!
Although I hope so :)
I feel obligated to say a big thanks to LCD because he shared a lot of good moments with us.
His ideas are always 1 steps in front of mines!!!
I had the luck to participate in all simulation championships and can't compare RBR with anything else.
Imagination ,new ideas,nice graphics,right organisation and many other things did it very beautiful.
Ι also have to admit that without LCD'S help I wouldn't had take the WRC championship!!
Hope you stay in simulations we need your ideas ;)

lcd
10th October 2009, 09:35
...I feel obligated to say a big thanks to LCD because he shared a lot of good moments with us...

Τhis sounds like a funeral m8!!! :D
The format of the new championship will be even more challenging
and hard, as new elements like new physics of RSRBR09, time saves,
team up and crazy combinations of weather/surfaces/night mod
will give all of us some really hard times!
But that's what reall rally Is, Isn't It?

P.S.
Wait until you see the Rally Results Book, Bruce Is up to... ;)

jimakos
10th October 2009, 09:39
Τhis sounds like a funeral m8!!! :D
The format of the new championship will be even more challenging
and hard, as new elements like new physics of RSRBR09, time saves,
team up and crazy combinations of weather/surfaces/night mod
will give all of us some really hard times!
But that's what reall rally Is, Isn't It?

P.S.

Hope so mate :monkeedan :monkeedan

Bruce D
11th October 2009, 16:39
P.S.

I'll be using it on the fun events so it won't be long for them to see it.

Bruce D
14th October 2009, 14:49
I'm going to be making the next season 9 events, that way it pushes the season through to the August break. December/January may be tricky so I'm going to allow people to drop their worst event score / missed event from the championship.

NeverKnow
16th October 2009, 21:48
I am having a blast at the moment with RSRBR and especially Tervaniemi stage. It took 9 tries to reach the finish line. :D
Anyway, how can I view the replays it saved when the stage was finished? Watching how I drove is major part for me to figure out where I did things wrong, so if someone could point me to the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Bruce D
17th October 2009, 05:52
Yeah I've also noticed you can't watch the replays. There might be a way but I haven't worked it out yet. Will let you know if I do see it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had a blast on that Tervaniemi stage. You've really got to listen and use your brain on that one. Those junctions are tricky. I did complete it in one attempt but I was off the road at each junction.

Japé
5th December 2009, 10:10
Any plans for the next RBR season?

How many drivers per rally have you this season?

To this discussion about different rbr online softwares (rbrnet, rbr czech plugin, rsrbr09 and rbr-online) I'd say rbr-online is the most professional one, also with lot of stages, cars, conditions and nice physics.

Bruce D
5th December 2009, 12:18
Well the next season has already started, round 1 was last month and Round 2 is this coming week. http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135793

So far it was 8 entries for the first event, but only 5 started. Should get more guys in for the following round, I've got 2 new guys waiting in the wings.

I took the decision to stick with the RSRBR09 mod. This is meant to be an offline league, not an online one, so its better to run that mod, plus the variations it has. Your welcome to come and join us some time.