PDA

View Full Version : Leopard leg got flawed

leopard
21st July 2009, 07:33
Nissan rear wheel had insufficient grip that has prompted me to change it with the new tires. Not an official tire repair actually, I thought all tire repairs can perform the job without problem. A man started unscrewing the wheels, I think it was fine and left him working for some cigars and iced bottle tea.

I was without feeling that the guy would do wrong procedure releasing the tires off from the rims. No sooner I got back to them I found his effort came to no result. I came close and shocked when I know him was trying to release the tires from the outside of the rims. Of course it's not common work, the outside rims have wider edge than the inside, and hence it will need more effort. The tires went out without problem at all after I asked him to do it from inside of the rims.

Consequently it left some permanent damages on the rims. He said me he does that way to all cars. So I'm not the first? No one have complained him this mistake. :rolleyes:

He said sorry, I understand perhaps the fault was not on purpose, it just tell me to be more careful.

Tazio
21st July 2009, 14:03
He said me he does that way to all cars.

Classic excuse! :down:
Just because something is done a certain way or believed for a really long time does not make it right.
For Five thousand years of western civilization the vast majority of people believed the Earth was flat.
I'm reasonably sure that they were wrong! :mark:
Bum deal bro!

markabilly
21st July 2009, 14:18
Just because something is done a certain way or believed for a really long time does not make it right.
For Five thousand years of western civilization the vast majority of people believed the Earth was flat.
Bum deal bro!
they were not wrong.
it is the distortion created by the presence of an infinite number of parallel universes creating an illusion making people think the world is round

If it were truly round, people on the bottom half would have all fallen off by now

leopard
22nd July 2009, 03:40
Bum deal bro!

Yeah, He and car owners before me might not be aware of that damage caused by his fault. :arrows: :D

It's my fault too for making it too simple, changing tires is not a difficult thing and any tire repairs can do it. I think the fault is for something he doesn't have knowledge about it.
I picked him for its nearest distance from me, it save only a few quid...

ok all apologies...

Tazio
22nd July 2009, 04:15
Yeah, He and car owners before me might not be aware of that damage caused by his fault. :arrows: :D

It's my fault too for making it too simple, changing tires is not a difficult thing and any tire repairs can do it. I think the fault is for something he doesn't have knowledge about it.
I picked him for its nearest distance from me, it save only a few quid...

ok all apologies...No it's not your fault! I was not implying it was.
You told him to brake the tire from the inside rim, for aesthetic reasons, and
I assume he understood you. And it woud follow that he put the new tires on in the same fashion.
People that do these kind of repetative jobs are not used to "special" instructions,
and you have to watch them like a Back-crested Sanke-Eagle :eek:

http://www.birdsasart.com/black-crested%20snake%20eagle.jpg

leopard
22nd July 2009, 07:52
No it's not your fault! I was not implying it was.
You told him to brake the tire from the inside rim, for aesthetic reasons, and
I assume he understood you. And it woud follow that he put the new tires on in the same fashion.

He might do it to the next customers in the same wrong fashion, if he didn't meet person like me. He apologized and thanked to me.

I only don't want it can disturb The Look, as I believe that tidiness is Dress for Success.

People that do these kind of repetative jobs are not used to "special" instructions,
and you have to watch them like a Back-crested Sanke-Eagle :eek:

http://www.birdsasart.com/black-crested%20snake%20eagle.jpg
Look Sharp ;)