TV Schedule - 5pm Eastern - Versus

Course Type - 1.96 Mile Circuit

Distance - 95 Laps / 187.435 Miles

Qualifications - July 25th - 3:20-4:50 pm Eastern

2008 Pole Sitter - Ryan Briscoe

2008 Winner - Scott Dixon

DanicaFan
21st July 2009, 08:58
As of now, it looks like we have a 23 car count for this race. Here are the entries at this time...

#2 Raphael Matos / Luczo Dragon Racing
#3 Helio Castroneves / Team Penske
#4 Dan Wheldon / Panther Racing
#5 Mario Moraes / KV Racing Technology
#6 Ryan Briscoe / Team Penske
#7 Danica Patrick / Andretti Green Racing
#9 Scott Dixon / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#10 Dario Franchitti / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#11 Tony Kanaan / Andretti Green Racing
#12 Will Power / Penske Racing
#13 EJ Viso / HVM Racing
#14 Ryan Hunter-Reay / AJ Foyt Enterprises
#15 Paul Tracy / KV Racing Technology
#18 Justin Wilson / Dale Coyne Racing
#20 Ed Carpenter / Vision Racing
#23 Tomas Scheckter / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#24 Mike Conway / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#26 Marco Andretti / Andretti Green Racing
#27 Hideki Mutoh / Andretti Green Racing
#34 Alex Tagliani / Conquest Racing
#98 Richard Antinucci / CURB-Agajanian-Team 3G
#02 Graham Rahal / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing
#06 Robert Doornbos / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing

TURN3
21st July 2009, 19:54
Maybe you didn't notice we already have a thread started for Edmonton. We don't need 2.

EagleEye
21st July 2009, 21:22
It is great that you are supportive, but the over myoptic threads get old.

You can update your sig if you want:

Danica Patrick, Future Daytona 500 winner

The number might be the same if they can buy it from Robby.

drewdawg727
21st July 2009, 21:27
I think you have a lot of time on your hands, DF. So, I have a project for you.

I am curious to see what your take on how Danica's race performance is going to be for Edmonton. I want you to predict what Danica's SP/FP are...as well as what her highest position is going to be, and her lowest position is going to be during the race.

That would at least be more interesting than reading this monotonous stuff that you post week after week before each race...plus it will get you to think.

GO

DanicaFan
21st July 2009, 22:53
*Turn3 is on auto ignore*

I like my race threads. The opening post is very informative and I then give the entrant list. And later on, I give the practice speeds, qualification results, and the race results. What is wrong with that ?

And eagleeye, I dont even know what myoptic means.

As for my take on Danica's performance I think she will do very well. She has shown her talent on road courses so the opinions on how bad she is on road courses is null and void.

I believe she will start no farther back than row 2 and finish on the podium.

NickFalzone
21st July 2009, 23:24
I also prefer DF's race threads, simply because of the info he includes such as grid list, qual times, etc.

DF have you heard anything from DP's fam on NASCAR next year?

TURN3
22nd July 2009, 00:16

I like my race threads. The opening post is very informative and I then give the entrant list. And later on, I give the practice speeds, qualification results, and the race results. What is wrong with that ?

As for my take on Danica's performance I think she will do very well. She has shown her talent on road courses so the opinions on how bad she is on road courses is null and void.

Oh no! Please don't put me on ignore!! What am I going to do now?

First off, it was DF that had a hissy 2 weeks ago when he started a thread first and felt compelled to "bump" his up. So, in keeping with the aforementioned forum standards...thought I'd point out that somebody else already started one. Hmmm...don't cry!

As far as racing is concerned, DF wants to suggest that Danica's road racing skill speaks for itself. The defense rests your honor!!!!!

drewdawg727
22nd July 2009, 00:20
As of now, it looks like we have a 23 car count for this race. Here are the entries at this time...

Are we vying for more..?

grungex
22nd July 2009, 02:12

Why couldn't you simply add that to the thread that was already started? In fact, the very first post asked you a question, to which you have yet to reply.

DanicaFan
22nd July 2009, 05:05
Grunge, I dont respond to turn3. He acts like an arrogant young child. I have forgotten more about IndyCar then he will ever know.

And thanks nickfalzone, I try to keep everyone updated. I will be speaking with Danica at Kentucky and I will ask her for sure there. ;)

mileman
22nd July 2009, 05:17
I also prefer DF's race threads, simply because of the info he includes such as grid list, qual times, etc.

I'll second that sentiment.

And as for "myoptic," I don't know what it means either. Oh - maybe that's because it's not a word. Could eagleeye have meant "myopic," but didn't know the spelling?

I love to read TURN3's posts because he gets so annoyed by everything. It's just plain entertaining!!

By the way - how did PT finish the last two races? Could it be a prediction for this week? No excuses now boys...

drewdawg727
22nd July 2009, 05:41
In fact, the very first post asked you a question, to which you have yet to reply.

You should know by now that DF chooses the questions he wants to answer. Most of the time he avoids all confrontational topics.

TURN3
22nd July 2009, 06:14
I'll second that sentiment.

And as for "myoptic," I don't know what it means either. Oh - maybe that's because it's not a word. Could eagleeye have meant "myopic," but didn't know the spelling?

I love to read TURN3's posts because he gets so annoyed by everything. It's just plain entertaining!!

By the way - how did PT finish the last two races? Could it be a prediction for this week? No excuses now boys...

Thank you!! I am a bit of an arrogant ass at times but it is usually aimed at people that don't know any different.

DF, you think you know more about Indycar than me? Your constant banter of nonsense seems to indicate otherwise. You want to issue some sort of challenge of knowledge I'd be thrilled. My guess is you never heard of Indycar before Danica did her first photo shoot. I stood and watched the likes of Rick Mears, Tom Sneva, the Unsers (all of them), and so on. I know more about the stats and facts than you care to even look up. For you, if it doesn't involved the marketing machine, it never happened. So like I said, you have some sort of challenge to issue...please do. I'll be your guest.

Just for fun, can you tell me who the first person to break 200 mph at Indy was? Without looking it up of course. Like I can count on you to be honest...it was Tom Sneva. How about telling me a little about the Buick engines used by some of the teams? Ever hear of Gordon Johncock?

I can go all night sweetheart...what do you have?

Wait I got one...how many wins does Danica have in an ENTIRE professional career? 1 Another...what is Danica's win % in IRL? .105%

TURN3
22nd July 2009, 06:16
You should know by now that DF chooses the questions he wants to answer. Most of the time he avoids all confrontational topics.

Which if he is involved it is controversial. What does that say?

underpowered
22nd July 2009, 07:10

I'm with you...I like the race threads that DF starts.

DanicaFan
22nd July 2009, 08:32
I'm with you...I like the race threads that DF starts.

Thanks underpowered.

SarahFan
22nd July 2009, 14:10
wow

EagleEye
22nd July 2009, 18:22

You have picked Danica to win each and every race. You have indicated that she would qualify higher than she actually does, and do not account for race strategy for her performance on road courses. Check the lap times, she is quite off pace from the top drivers on road courses. To be fair (and not myopic) her team has struggled this year, and she has certainly done better than her team mates.
Edmonton is a tough, hard track that rewards and aggresive driver. She won't start near the front, and a podium will only happen if there are a lot of yellows and incidents that remove ten of the top cars. Look for Power, Wilson, HCN, Dixon, Dario, Briscoe, Tracy, MM, Kanaan, Tags, Schecketer to be int eh top 12 or so. Conway might show well here as well.

DP could crack the top ten in quals if the team is on pace here, and if the faster cars crash out like they did in Toronto. (Remember, it took issues and crashes with HCN, Tags, Conway, Tracy, Doornbos, Rahal for her to even crack the top ten in the race.)

Go to a race, and ask the other drivers who they rate as beeing a great driver. Better yet, ask them to list their top ten. I have, and Danica would not make the list (though when asked who causes the most issues when passing, she is near the top, especially if she is being lapped!)

I have said in the past, she can race and at times and when she is focussed can do fairly well.

Again, it is fantastic that you have a favorite driver, but you need to open your eyes and let a little reality in. She will fit in nicely with the hype and over promotion she will get in NASCAR, ala Dale Jr.
For the record:my·o·pia
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek myōpia, from myōp-, myōps Date: circa 1752 1 : a condition in which the visual images come to a focus in front of the retina of the eye resulting especially in defective vision of distant objects
2 : a lack of foresight or discernment : a narrow view of something

harvick#1
22nd July 2009, 18:42
I dont mind DF starting the thread, but its gets annoying when he makes his typical prediction and the thread becomes a bashing session.

please DF make your predictions more logical, I'm a Harvick fan, but i don't go running my mouth that hes gonna win everyweek, why cause RCR sucks at the moment.

why can't you just say, "well I'll be happy if Danica can get a top 10, with how good Dario, Scott, Ryan, Will, and a bunch of others so good on road courses, I'll be happy to see that."

face it, barring a miracle, she will never win a road course race. so please keep it realistic

as for the race itself, it should be pretty good, last years race was fantastic so hopefully we see lots of action. I would really really like to see Will win the race, but I believe its gonna come down to Scott or Ryan

harvick#1
22nd July 2009, 18:45
Wait I got one...how many wins does Danica have in an ENTIRE professional career? 1 Another...what is Danica's win % in IRL? .105%

And I call the win fixed, face it was in Japan, the race was not even live on TV, and Helio thought she was a lap down XD she still has never won professionally on American soil

TURN3
22nd July 2009, 19:38
I don't mind DF starting a thread either. Last race at Toronto, somebody started one after him and he threw a little fit about it. He posted to his own thread about 15 times to make sure he "bumped it up". That is childish. So for Edmonton, our betting friend Ken started one and DF doesn't have the same courtesy. Enough about it...as far as I'm concerned anyway.

As far as the topic that should be discussed...as I said the original Edmonton thread...I have very mixed feelings about this weekend. It looks like it will be PT's last race this year. He certainly adds a lot of excitement and I just don't see anybody else out there that does that. With him gone, you're going to watch a slow procession of the top 3.5 cars streak away from the field while Dario takes home a championship. The problem with that is they're all sort of nice guys and there isn't any rivalry.

Plus, Edmonton is the last event on this years schedule where we should see some exciting racing. The parades start again after this week.

NickFalzone
22nd July 2009, 20:02
true, although I am a bit curious as to how these changes on the aero rules will affect some of the ovals such as Kentucky. The championship race is definitely a bore at this point. Best we can hope for is a Gannassi VS Penske, and worst case is a Ganassi Vs a Ganassi. Hopefully Briscoe makes it somewhat interesting.

NickFalzone
22nd July 2009, 20:05
And I call the win fixed, face it was in Japan, the race was not even live on TV, and Helio thought she was a lap down XD she still has never won professionally on American soil

It was live on TV, I saw it. Granted it was very late I believe around 2 am. As far as not deserving it, I don't entirely buy Helio's claim that he thought she was down a lap. He was on a very tight fuel run at that point and she passed him clean. Regardless, it was his mistake. What takes away from the win IMO is more the fact that it wasn't the whole field of drivers that she competed against, just the remaining IRL crew.

grungex
22nd July 2009, 22:38
Grunge, I dont respond to turn3. He acts like an arrogant young child. I have forgotten more about IndyCar then he will ever know.

While I am thoroughly impressed and humbled by your vast knowledge, you seem to have utterly missed the point. Turn3 didn't start the other Edmonton thread, Ken did, and Ken asked you the question to which you have yet to reply.

very fast and bumpy..... my personal favorite coarse on the schedule in fact

DFan.... what are your expectations for Danica in qualifying?, not your hopes and dreams, but realistic expextations?

http://autoracing1.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134150

DanicaFan
22nd July 2009, 22:53
Sorry grunge, I thought I did answer Ken already.

I think Danica will qualify no farther back than Row 2 and I see her on a podium in Edmonton.

underpowered
22nd July 2009, 23:35

Dude. That is harsh, every driver gets a lucky situation, you still need to be good enough to get into that situation.

It wouldn't hurt you to give her a little credit.

underpowered
22nd July 2009, 23:37
wow

Ha Ha.....I know

BTW: I like your threads too.......

TURN3....Not so much...

harvick#1
23rd July 2009, 00:08
Dude. That is harsh, every driver gets a lucky situation, you still need to be good enough to get into that situation.

It wouldn't hurt you to give her a little credit.

I gave her props when she won, I give props to everyone who wins. and believe there are alot of drivers I dislike more than danica ;)

SarahFan
23rd July 2009, 00:41

I think Danica will qualify no farther back than Row 2 and I see her on a podium in Edmonton.

I said to take your hopes and dreams out of the equation....

As I said a few months ago I understand the emotion involved with rooting for your favorite racer ......

But danica hasn't run top 20 on a twisty for quals all year...

Why do expect such a improvemt this weekend?

TURN3
23rd July 2009, 00:51
Ha Ha.....I know

BTW: I like your threads too.......

TURN3....Not so much...

Gee imagine that...the 2 people with the rosiest glasses for their favorite drivers dislike my posts! Maybe that is because I'm always right about whatever point they argue. At least underpowered roots for a talented driver.

Ok, I'm going to come out of my shell. I too, see Danica on the podium this weekend. Looking at this weeks entrants, no way she qualifies any lower than 3rd...there is just no way. If Dario, Dixon, Briscoe, Helio, Will, Justin, Graham, TK, PT, or any of those guys get some lucky yellows they might find a way to stay ahead of her.

underpowered
23rd July 2009, 01:16
Gee imagine that...the 2 people with the rosiest glasses for their favorite drivers dislike my posts! Maybe that is because I'm always right about whatever point they argue.

Are you really sure you're always right?.......Always? Big call

TURN3
23rd July 2009, 01:22
Are you really sure you're always right?.......Always? Big call

With respect to the statements made by you and DF....YES. Sorry, that is how I feel.

underpowered
23rd July 2009, 02:36
With respect to the statements made by you and DF....YES. Sorry, that is how I feel.

"When a particular driver unloads from the truck and finds himself in the top 4 or 5 of evey single session, every single track, every single track type, I'd say he is the driver to beat."

Statement said by you and you were wrong

http://www.imscdn.com/pdfs/2009/indycar/stats/driver_records.pdf

BTW: I am only having fun at your expense half the time....so you dont really need to defend your "because I'm always right" statement.

Easy Drifter
23rd July 2009, 03:54
Changing the thrust a little, TSN in Canada are continuing on their quest to destroy IRL. After a pretty good race in Toronto carried on TSN, only because it was on ABC in the US, Edmonton will only be on TSN2 which most people, including me do not get. It is an extra pay station (not pay per view) but not on any regular package.
WAY TO GO TSN.
IRL had better figure out a better package for Canada next year. There are (or were) % wise a heck of lot of fans in Canada.

Not that it does much good but I will not watch TSN if at all possible for anything. Since they also black out Speed's coverage of F1 I am forced to watch that on TSN but as a result boycott all companies that sponsor TSN events.

NickFalzone
23rd July 2009, 04:01
I don't know if you want to sit in front of the computer, but on both Versus.com and Indycar.com you can watch the race live with the free "Race Control". I've watched it a couple times and it's pretty good coverage, and uses the announcing from the IMS guys.

Easy Drifter
23rd July 2009, 04:41
Not when you are on dial up.
It also isn't on for the average fan/casual viewer.

NickFalzone
23rd July 2009, 04:58
Not that this sounds like the answer you're looking for, but about 2 weeks ago Charlie Morgan at IMS answered the question from a press person about the TSN coverage issues and Versus. It's about halfway down in a very long transcript:

http://www.indycar.com/news/index.php?story_id=14506

DanicaFan
23rd July 2009, 05:31
What is nice about this circuit course is that you can see about 80% of the whole track from the stands.

Here is the layout..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/edmontoncircuit.jpg

drewdawg727
23rd July 2009, 05:47

I'm surprised that the bet hasn't begun like it did a few weekends ago...
Oh yeah, that's one of the threads that DF had chosen to pretend like he didn't see.

SarahFan
23rd July 2009, 15:00
T3...

I believe we are on for Danica quals this weekend...

if she goes 15th or better were even..

16th or worse its 10$ to you

I think that's correct.....?

SarahFan
23rd July 2009, 15:02
yo....dfan

are you ignoreing my follow-up question?

this is a discussion forum after all...

I'd be very interested in discussing with you why you expect to see Danica as one of the top 4 qualifyers when she hasn't run better than top 20 on a twisty all year?

what is/will be different sat?

drewdawg727
23rd July 2009, 16:12
yo....dfan

I'd be very interested in discussing with you why you expect to see Danica as one of the top 4 qualifyers when she hasn't run better than top 20 on a twisty all year?

Why you're wasting your breath/time....i really don't know..

garyshell
23rd July 2009, 16:23
Why you're wasting your breath/time....i really don't know..

Geee, I wonder why.

Gary

garyshell
23rd July 2009, 16:24
yo....dfan

Ken, just give it a rest. We all know EXACTLY what the outcome of the discussion would be. DF will say something, you will tell him how wrong he is, he will counter, you will again tell him how wrong he is.

Who freakin' cares? All you want to do is provoke him. We know his messages regarding Danica border on the delusional. So what's the point in drawing out more of them? You have no intention of "discussing" it. You just want to tell him how wrong he is, again.

Gary

SarahFan
23rd July 2009, 16:42
Ken, just give it a rest. We all know EXACTLY what the outcome of the discussion would be. DF will say something, you will tell him how wrong he is, he will counter, you will again tell him how wrong he is.

Who freakin' cares? All you want to do is provoke him. We know his messages regarding Danica border on the delusional. So what's the point in drawing out more of them? You have no intention of "discussing" it. You just want to tell him how wrong he is, again.

Gary

wow....considering your need for confrontation gary thats a bit of a pot calling the kettle black dont ya think

drewdawg727
23rd July 2009, 16:45
Some people out there just feel like they need to knock others back to reality when they know that claims they make are false. That's just what this is a case of. I find myself doing that a lot in real life also, but some people just ignore it and don't care.

nigelred5
23rd July 2009, 17:30
I was just gonna ask, can we either change the title of the thread or merge the discussions??

TURN3
23rd July 2009, 17:38
T3...

I believe we are on for Danica quals this weekend...

if she goes 15th or better were even..

16th or worse its 10$ to you

I think that's correct.....?

Yep. Good luck.

SarahFan
23rd July 2009, 17:42
Yep. Good luck.

thanks.... I'm gonna need it

SarahFan
23rd July 2009, 17:43
I was just gonna ask, can we either change the title of the thread or merge the discussions??

why?

is the discussion of the leagues highest profile racer and her predicted qualifying effort not a spot-on topic for a race weekend thread?

garyshell
23rd July 2009, 18:19
why?

is the discussion of the leagues highest profile racer and her predicted qualifying effort not a spot-on topic for a race weekend thread?

If that were what the messages were REALLY about, probably.

Starter saw through the thin veil and wiped them out.

Gary

SarahFan
23rd July 2009, 18:34
If that were what the messages were REALLY about, probably.

Starter saw through the thin veil and wiped them out.

Gary

were my questions not straight forward and direct?

were they not specifically about on-track performance?

DanicaFan
23rd July 2009, 20:33
The first practice group that goes out tomorrow at 1:45 PM Eastern time is the rookie/out of top 10 drivers.

Here is a list of the drivers...

#27 Hideki Mutoh
#2 Raphael Matos
#06 Robert Doornbos
#20 Ed Carpenter
#23 Tomas Scheckter
#5 Mario Moraes
#14 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#24 Mike Conway
#13 EJ Viso
#98 Richard Antinucci
#12 Will Power
#34 Alex Tagliani
#15 Paul Tracy

DanicaFan
23rd July 2009, 20:42
Vaseline is sponsoring Dario Franchitti's car this weekend. Check it out..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/09_10I_VASELINE_CAR-11CH_sm-5.jpg

grungex
23rd July 2009, 21:00
Wow. It just keeps getting better...

NickFalzone
23rd July 2009, 21:02
The jokes write themselves for that car.

It is good to see some bigger sponsors drop by the IRL every once in awhile though.

DanicaFan
23rd July 2009, 21:05
Yes, it looks very similiar to the Energizer car they have run in the past.

nigelred5
23rd July 2009, 22:45
Vaseline is sponsoring Dario Franchitti's car this weekend. Check it out..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/09_10I_VASELINE_CAR-11CH_sm-5.jpg

Targets' deals with Their product suppliers/sponsors must either be demanding more conspicuous advertising than they did in the past or the value isn't what it used to be. That probably would have been no more than an additional decal on the standard Target paint scheme in the past. Too bad that doesn't translate into more season long primary sponsorships throughout the field. How many different schemes have the Target cars been through this season?

At least they haven't needed more of that Lysol sponsorship from stinking up the joint with their performance ;)

Hoop-98
23rd July 2009, 23:31
I said to take your hopes and dreams out of the equation....

As I said a few months ago I understand the emotion involved with rooting for your favorite racer ......

But danica hasn't run top 20 on a twisty for quals all year...

Why do expect such a improvemt this weekend?

2009 Danica Results Road Courses:

http://i30.tinypic.com/331p1jd.jpg

rh

speeddurango
24th July 2009, 04:35
The paintjob was very good I should say.

harvick#1
24th July 2009, 05:04
The jokes write themselves for that car.

:laugh: totally correct

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:04
1st group is out on the track for practice.

So far, Will Power is setting the pace with a time of 1:03.0386 with a speed of 112.674.

Paul Tracy in P2 at the moment... lap time of 1:03.7678 with a speed of 111.385

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:07
Caution out...Mario Moraes off course.

garyshell
24th July 2009, 19:10
DF,

Where are you viewing this? It doesn't seem to be on IndyCar.com right now.

Gary

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:11
DF,

Where are you viewing this? It doesn't seem to be on IndyCar.com right now.

Gary

Right now Im watching the live timing and scoring.

garyshell
24th July 2009, 19:13
So no video for you either? I get a "sign up" for PPV page.

Gary

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:15
So no video for you either? I get a "sign up" for PPV page.

Gary
My video says the same thing. That is strange. Its definitely new...Im not digging that.. :confused: :mad:

garyshell
24th July 2009, 19:24
I had it for a while durring the lights practice, but then got the video. Now with the IRL cars out I get zip. Just the PPV sign up.

Gary

NickFalzone
24th July 2009, 19:25
i registered for this stupid PPV thing and now it says "video stream not available in your territory". Whatever the hell that means. For a little while there Indycar.com was getting things right with their practice and race video streaming, it looks like they've tinkered with it for no apparent reason once again.

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:26
i registered for this stupid PPV thing and now it says "video stream not available in your territory". Whatever the hell that means. For a little while there Indycar.com was getting things right with their practice and race video streaming, it looks like they've tinkered with it for no apparent reason once again.

How can internet video not be available in your territory, internet covers the world ?? :confused:

Yeah, Im not sure whats going on..

garyshell
24th July 2009, 19:27
It was fine this mornig during the lights practice.

Gary

garyshell
24th July 2009, 19:28
How can internet video not be available in your territory, internet covers teh world ?? :confused:

Yeah, Im not sure whats going on..

That is talking about the PPV. PPV is ONLY for folks who are outside of the areas covered by Versus.

Gary

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:29
The full field should be ready to take the track now. Be interesting how long Will can keep P1.

Not sure why EJ Viso didnt go out in that first group, he was supposed to.

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:37
Well, out of the remaining field, only Marco Andretti, Danica Patrick, Dan Wheldon, and Dario Franchitti have been on the track.

Robert Doornbos up to P2 with a lap time of 1:03.4336 with a speed of 111.972

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:51
Wow! Paul Tracy just sneaked in at P1.. Lap time 1:02.8520 with a speed of 113.008.

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:52
Scratch that.... Will Power back on top.. Lap time 1:02.2840, speed 114.039.
He means business.

Ryan Hunter-Reay into the tires, caution out.

garyshell
24th July 2009, 19:56
Tony and Helio have not turned a lap yet? What's up with that?

Correction: TK has turned two laps. Question remains.

Gary

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 19:58
Tony and Helio have not turned a lap yet? What's up with that?

Correction: TK has turned two laps. Question remains.

Gary

TK came out right before the caution, didnt get a chance to warm-up and get up to speed yet.

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 20:15
The session has ended. Will Power keeps P1 at 1:02.2840 with a speed of 114.039.

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 20:24
Here are the times for Practice Session 1..

Rank / Car # & Driver / Lap Time / Speed

1. #12 Will Power / 1:02.2840 / 114.039
2. #2 Raphael Matos / 1:02.7084 / 113.267
3. #6 Ryan Briscoe / 1:02.7561 / 113.181
4. #3 Helio Castroneves / 1:02.7816 / 113.135
5. #15 Paul Tracy / 1:02.8520 / 113.008
6. #24 Mike Conway / 1:02.9546 / 112.824
7. #18 Justin Wilson / 1:03.1026 / 112.560
8. #06 Robert Doornbos / 1:03.2693 / 112.263
9. #27 Hideki Mutoh / 1:03.3363 / 112.144
10. #10 Dario Franchitti / 1:03.4095 / 112.015
11. #5 Mario Moraes / 1:03.4434 / 111.955
12. #9 Scott Dixon / 1:03.6812 / 111.537
13. #14 Ryan Hunter-Reay / 1:03.8273 / 111.282
14. #02 Graham Rahal / 1:03.9191 / 111.122
15. #23 Tomas Scheckter / 1:04.0201 / 110.946
16. #11 Tony Kanaan / 1:04.1162 / 110.780
17. #13 EJ Viso / 1:04.1282 / 110.759
18. #98 Richard Antinucci / 1:04.2159 / 110.608
19. #4 Dan Wheldon / 1:04.6254 / 109.907
20. #26 Marco Andretti / 1:04.9379 / 109.378
21. #7 Danica Patrick / 1:05.3368 / 108.711
22. #20 Ed Carpenter / 1:05.3386 / 108.708
23. #34 Alex Tagliani / 1:06.3707 / 107.017

SoCalPVguy
24th July 2009, 21:39
EDMONTON - BY THE RESULTS DEPT.....
any course with Right turn = 20th place.
Again.
3+ secs off pace means getting lapped every 21 laps
Last of the AGR team's lap times.
Slower than Antinucci, 0.0022 faster than Carpenter.
All of that equals...
SUPERSTAR
Top 32 toughest athletes - Ever !!!
I call BS on DP and anybody who keeps picking her to win or Q P1 and says they're "very knowledgeable" about racing I call BS on them too.

"Hear" what the Cheepster said to DP "Accomplish all your goals in Indycar before moving to Nascar"
In other words, "you'll never ever win in taxicabs".

Easy Drifter
24th July 2009, 21:41
I heard Danica kept getting blocked by car #7. :D

TURN3
24th July 2009, 22:18
I heard Danica kept getting blocked by car #7. :D

Yeah but they never call #7 for blocking so looks like she's going to have to figure out a way past.

Hello Danica...it isn't the car sweetheart, it is the space between the wheel and the seat.

TURN3
24th July 2009, 22:33
EDMONTON - BY THE RESULTS DEPT.....
any course with Right turn = 20th place.
Again.
3+ secs off pace means getting lapped every 21 laps
Last of the AGR team's lap times.
Slower than Antinucci, 0.0022 faster than Carpenter.
All of that equals...
SUPERSTAR
Top 32 toughest athletes - Ever !!!
I call BS on DP and anybody who keeps picking her to win or Q P1 and says they're "very knowledgeable" about racing I call BS on them too.

"Hear" what the Cheepster said to DP "Accomplish all your goals in Indycar before moving to Nascar"
In other words, "you'll never ever win in taxicabs".

Not to nit pick, but in all fairness to Ed, he's only .0018s behind the superstar.

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 23:01
Not good news... Dan Wheldon lost control and takes out Danica in the process. Looks like they are both out for this 2nd practice session. :( :(

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:03
some interesting rumors being discussed..... nothing new (except formula dream becoming its own team).....

but interesting here them discussed by folks in the know

TURN3
24th July 2009, 23:13
Not good news... Dan Wheldon lost control and takes out Danica in the process. Looks like they are both out for this 2nd practice session. :( :(

Don't you hate it when P19 & P20 take each other out in practice!?

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 23:18
Don't you hate it when P19 & P20 take each other out in practice!?

What sucks is that they had it sit out on the track so long and wouldnt bring it in so the team could work on Danica's car. :mad: :mad:

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:23
everybody but PT has been off track...

thats a switch!

TURN3
24th July 2009, 23:24
everybody but PT has been off track...

thats a switch!

God bless him though!

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 23:26
Conway jumps to P1.... that is a shock!

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:26
conway to p1!

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:30
Conway jumps to P1.... that is a shock!

a shock?...

why?

he was atop the charts a couple times 2 weekends ago... and made the fast six in Quals

is it really a shock?

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:35
conway just laid down 4 straight laps under 1:03...

thats pretty impressive

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 23:36
Glad to see TK break into the top 10. He is representing AGR. :)

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:36
briscoe cracks into the 101's

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 23:38
briscoe cracks into the 101's

Yes, extremely quick lap by Briscoe to take P1... 1:01.9820 with a speed of 114.595

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 23:44
Helio taking P1!

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:44
helio lays down a flyer right at the end...

dixon fast the last couple of laps

SarahFan
24th July 2009, 23:45
ah.... will lays one down also

penske goes p1-p3

DanicaFan
24th July 2009, 23:53
Practice Session 2 is complete. Not fun for me with Danica being taken out by Dan Wheldon's crash. Helio was on top of the charts today with a lap time of 1:01.5467 with a speed of 115.405! Penske goes P1-P3.

Here are the results of practice session 2..

Rank / Car# & Driver / Lap Time / Speed

1. #3 Helio Castroneves / 1:01.5467 / 115.405
2. #6 Ryan Briscoe / 1:01.9820 / 114.595
3. #12 Will Power / 1:02.0853 / 114.404
4. #9 Scott Dixon / 1:02.3164 / 113.980
5. #2 Raphael Matos / 1:02.3383 / 113.940
6. #24 Mike Conway / 1:02.4343 / 113.764
7. #02 Graham Rahal / 1:02.4916 / 113.660
8. #5 Mario Moraes / 1:02.7299 / 113.228
9. #18 Justin Wilson / 1:02.8213 / 113.064
10. #15 Paul Tracy / 1:02.8293 / 113.049
11. #11 Tony Kanaan / 1:03.0904 / 112.581
12. #06 Robert Doornbos / 1:03.0946 / 112.574
13. #10 Dario Franchitti / 1:03.0996 / 112.565
14. #27 Hideki Mutoh / 1:03.1516 / 112.472
15. #23 Tomas Scheckter / 1:03.4343 / 111.971
16. #26 Marco Andretti / 1:04.0932 / 110.820
17. #34 Alex Tagliani / 1:04.1249 / 110.765
18. #14 Ryan Hunter-Reay / 1:04.1291 / 110.758
19. #98 Richard Antinucci / 1:04.1953 / 110.644
20. #13 EJ Viso / 1:04.2617 / 110.529
21. #20 Ed Carpenter / 1:04.3493 / 110.379
22. #4 Dan Wheldon - No Time -Crash
23. #7 Danica Patrick - No Time - Crash

harvick#1
25th July 2009, 01:42
a shock?...

why?

he was atop the charts a couple times 2 weekends ago... and made the fast six in Quals

is it really a shock?

he doesn't know any other driver but Danica ;)

grungex
25th July 2009, 02:27
Not fun for me with Danica being taken out by Dan Wheldon's crash.

Hey, at least now you have an excuse for her bottom-of-the-field performance. :p :

NickFalzone
25th July 2009, 04:36
Just for those few interested in Panoz vs Dallara times.

2007 Pole (DP01) - Will Power - 58.40
2008 Pole (Dallara) - Ryan Briscoe - 1:00:73
2009 2nd Practice (Dallara) - Helio - 1:01:54

Based on these practice times, there's a good chance that one team or another could find a second and a half in qualifying and clear the 1 minute mark. I do not see them getting any closer than a second off of the Panoz' 2007 time.

harvick#1
25th July 2009, 04:43
I miss the Panoz :( such a great looking car, instead we get the IRL Dallara chassis :s

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 16:57
3rd practice session delayed for some oil on the track. Will be a shortened session but all cars will be on track.

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 17:03
Great point there. I like Oriol Servia but I dont see him helping much as a driver coach. The drivers they have now are more seasoned and better. AGR has car and handling issues, not driver issues.

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:09
Great point there. I like Oriol Servia but I dont see him helping much as a driver coach. The drivers they have now are more seasoned and better. AGR has car and handling issues, not driver issues.

Dario/Tony/Herta/Wheldon Vs. Danica/Tony/marco/hedeki

I'd suggest your wrong

TURN3

AGR has car and handling issues because they only have 1 seasoned driver. Your cars don't get bad. It's the input they're getting from drivers and the inability of those drivers to 1. communicate and 2. drive. They didn't have issues when Dario was there and Bryan Herta was great at developement. AGR has lost it because they don't have enough talent in the cockpit, pure and simple. Same thing happened at RLR with Danica when Vitor left. Frankly, if they were going to hire a driving coach, I think Herta would've been the choice. He is/was buddies with Michael and he showed what a difference he makes when Ed and IV improved dramatically last year.

SarahFan
Viso off....

tomorrow could be run under serios amount of yellow

NickFalzone
25th July 2009, 17:18
Such a complete lack of grip compared to last year. I don't know if it's a different tire issue, quality of the surface has deteriorated, or just drivers pushing it more.

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 17:19
Yellow again for Conway off course.

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 17:20
Team Penske not out at this time...Hmmm. :confused:

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:21
danica p20.....helio and briscoe haven't been out yet

kens wallet feels thinner already

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 17:22
They are out now. They wait till the last minute, dont they ?

TURN3
25th July 2009, 17:23
danica p20.....helio and briscoe haven't been out yet

kens wallet feels thinner already

The address is......

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:23
yo...dfan

you still expect to see danica in the front couple rows?

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 17:24
yo...dfan

you still expect to see danica in the front couple rows?

I am starting to worry... :(

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:27
and there goes penske....p1 and 2

NickFalzone
25th July 2009, 17:28
edit

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:29
Ed just lays down a flyer to put Danica p23

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:30
power lays the fastest (?) lap of the weekend. to put penske p1-3

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:32
pt p2

:)

TURN3
25th July 2009, 17:35
Ed just lays down a flyer to put Danica p23

Hey...tell ya what. I'll let you call it off in exchange for a beer an 2 King Tacos and LBGP this next April?

NickFalzone
25th July 2009, 17:37
Danica has a lot to learn from Ed Carpenter on the intricacies and skills needed on driving a street circuit.

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:44
Hey...tell ya what. I'll let you call it off in exchange for a beer an 2 King Tacos and LBGP this next April?

I never back out of a bet.... but payin up at LB certainly works

but hey... she just jumped to p18!

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 17:45
suprise of the session... Dario at p12

and PT at p2 is very cool..

he laid down 4 laps in the 101's I think..... that is also very impressive

TURN3
25th July 2009, 17:47
I never back out of a bet.... but payin up at LB certainly works

but hey... she just jumped to p18!

Yeah but Viso was parked and I doubt she stays ahead of Marco. She is getting pretty competitive though! She's in the top 20!! What a joke right?

Anyway...why is it that 2 part time drivers are P1 & P2? And a driver at the tail end of every RC grid is the talk of the series? Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm!

harvick#1
25th July 2009, 17:52
hmmmmmmmm :p :

is it any surprise to see Danica at the bottom? not really unless your DF

Will though deserves a full time gig

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 17:55
Practice Session 3 is over. Will Power is on top once again.

Here are the results..

1. #12 Will Power / 1:01.5390 / 115.419
2. #15 Paul Tracy / 1:01.6789 / 115.158
3. #3 Helio Castroneves / 1:01.6906 / 115.136
4. #6 Ryan Briscoe / 1:01.9659 / 114.624
5. #9 Scott Dixon / 1:02.0445 / 114.479
6. #5 Mario Moraes / 1:02.1571 / 114.272
7. #02 Graham Rahal / 1:02.3289 / 113.957
8. #06 Robert Doornbos / 1:02.3327 / 113.950
9. #2 Raphael Matos / 1:02.3364 / 113.943
10. #24 Mike Conway / 1:02.4010 / 113.825
11. #27 Hideki Mutoh / 1:02.4031 / 113.821
12. #10 Dario Franchitti / 1:02.5529 / 113.549
13. #98 Richard Antinucci / 1:02.6396 / 113.392
14. #18 Justin Wilson / 1:02.7121 / 113.260
15. #23 Tomas Scheckter / 1:02.7400 / 113.210
16. #34 Alex Tagliani / 1:02.9853 / 112.769
17. #11 Tony Kanaan / 1:02.9881 / 112.764
18. #7 Danica Patrick / 1:03.0532 / 112.648
19. #4 Dan Wheldon / 1:03.1369 / 112.498
20. #26 Marco Andretti / 1:03.1531 / 112.470
21. #13 EJ Viso / 1:03.1947 / 112.396
22. #14 Ryan Hunter-Reay / 1:03.6495 / 111.592
23. #20 Ed Carpenter / 1:03.9251 / 111.111

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 18:00
I am suprised to see Dario not a little quicker but this is the first time he has been at this track.

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 18:03
Qualifications start at 5:45 pm Eastern as a reminder to everyone.

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 18:27
Here are the qualification groups for Round 1..

Group #1

#2 Raphael Matos
#9 Scott Dixon
#11 Tony Kanaan
#14 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#15 Paul Tracy
#18 Justin Wilson
#24 Mike Conway
#34 Alex Tagliani
#98 Richard Antinucci
#02 Graham Rahal
#06 Robert Doornbos

Group #2

#3 Helio Castroneves
#4 Dan Wheldon
#5 Mario Moraes
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#7 Danica Patrick
#10 Dario Franchitti
#12 Will Power
#13 EJ Viso
#20 Ed Carpenter
#23 Tomas Scheckter
#26 Marco Andretti
#27 Hideki Mutoh

NickFalzone
25th July 2009, 18:30
Group 1 is going to be much more interesting than Group 2, which IMO has 4 drivers locked in.

Locks to get to Q2:

Group #1

#9 Scott Dixon
#15 Paul Tracy
#18 Justin Wilson

Group #2

#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#10 Dario Franchitti
#12 Will Power

I'll also add that Will Power, even as just a single driver, is really adding an extra headache to Ganassis making the Q3s. A little bit off like they are this weekend, and WP always up front makes it a real possibility that one of them does not make it into the fast 6.

TURN3
25th July 2009, 18:36
Group 1 is going to be much more interesting than Group 2, which IMO has 4 drivers locked in.

Locks to get to Q2:

Group #1

#9 Scott Dixon
#15 Paul Tracy
#18 Justin Wilson

Group #2

#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#10 Dario Franchitti
#12 Will Power

I'll also add that Will Power, even as just a single driver, is really adding an extra headache to Ganassis making the Q3s. A little bit off like they are this weekend, and WP always up front makes it a real possibility that one of them does not make it into the fast 6.

Don't sleep on Conway and I'd say you can put Moraes down as a lock in Group 2. He's been much much faster than Dario (which does not translate to race performance).

Hoop-98
25th July 2009, 18:48
Groups with P3 times:

http://i30.tinypic.com/nlbp1s.jpg

rh

Hoop-98
25th July 2009, 19:07
whoops:

http://i30.tinypic.com/15i2ix4.jpg

rh

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 22:50
From Group 1, the fast 6 are..

Paul Tracy
Robert Doornbos
Scott Dixon
Mike Conway
Graham Rahal
Raphael Matos

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 23:01
Well, darn, Danica didnt make the Fast 6 from Group 2. :(

Here are the Fast 6 from Group 2..

Helio Castroneves
Mario Moraes
Will Power
Ryan Briscoe
Dario Franchitti
Hideki Mutoh

TURN3
25th July 2009, 23:02
Whooohooooo! I win again!

Ok, lets settle up in Long Beach. I'll have a Dos XX and 2 steak King Tacos please!!!

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 23:08
I'm listening on XM145.....

Any commentary you all' want to add would be great

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 23:18
Wow! Ryan Briscoe turns a speed over 116 mph!

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 23:25
The Fast 6 from round 2 are..

Ryan Briscoe
Will Power
Helio Castroneves
Scott Dixon
Dario Franchitti
Graham Rahal

gm99
25th July 2009, 23:28
Wow, a Penske one-two-three after Round 2 - I think I haven't seen that since the glory days of 1994 with Emmo, Little Al & Tracy.

Hoop-98
25th July 2009, 23:29
The rich stay rich....

http://i32.tinypic.com/2cfeik1.jpg

rh

SarahFan
25th July 2009, 23:33
Tirestirestirestireztirestirestirestirestirestires tirestirestires

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 23:40
I prefer ovals for racing but I really enjoy the street/road course qualifying.

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 23:48
Will Power takes P1 and wins the pole.. Congrats Will.

Hoop-98
25th July 2009, 23:54
Preliminary Line-Up

http://i31.tinypic.com/2s9yw3t.jpg

rh

DanicaFan
25th July 2009, 23:55
Qualifications are now over. Again, Congratulations to Will Power for getting the pole..

Here is the starting line-up..

Row 1

#12 Will Power
#6 Ryan Briscoe

Row 2

#3 Helio Castroneves
#9 Scott Dixon

Row 3

#02 Graham Rahal
#10 Dario Franchitti

Row 4

#5 Mario Moraes
#2 Raphael Matos

Row 5

#15 Paul Tracy
#06 Robert Doornbos

Row 6

#24 Mike Conway
#27 Hideki Mutoh

Row 7

#11 Tony Kanaan
#13 EJ Viso

Row 8

#18 Justin Wilson
#23 Tomas Scheckter

Row 9

#34 Alex Tagliani
#26 Marco Andretti

Row 10

#98 Richard Antinucci
#7 Danica Patrick

Row 11

#14 Ryan Hunter-Reay
#4 Dan Wheldon

Row 12

#20 Ed Carpenter

harvick#1
26th July 2009, 00:06
WTG Power, the part timer shows up the fulltimers :D pretty sad when you think why he doesnt have a full time gig

NickFalzone
26th July 2009, 00:46
I sense a little bit of desperation in Helio. Not a lot. But a little bit of a need to beat his teammates, particularly his "fill in" Power.

DanicaFan
26th July 2009, 03:56
I sense a little bit of desperation in Helio. Not a lot. But a little bit of a need to beat his teammates, particularly his "fill in" Power.

I dont. Especially today. He ran the fewest laps in practice and had some of the fastest speeds.

beachgirl
26th July 2009, 13:12
I dont. Especially today. He ran the fewest laps in practice and had some of the fastest speeds.

He's 35 or so. You don't think he hears the footsteps behind him? I agree with NickFalzone.

nigelred5
26th July 2009, 14:06
Are they racing boots or tapshoes? ;)

Great drive by Power. I suspect RP knows exactly what he has in Will and is doing what he can to keep him in the team. Hopefully he can manage a full time three car team next year.

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 14:18
Are they racing boots or tapshoes? ;)

Great drive by Power. I suspect RP knows exactly what he has in Will and is doing what he can to keep him in the team. Hopefully he can manage a full time three car team next year.

during each session this weekend they have made a point to discuss that its 'two' teams...

team penske
&
penske racing

I dont think there is any question we will see will full time in 2010

TURN3
26th July 2009, 15:29
You know what Roger should do for his 2nd team "Penske Racing"? Go after the Danica! Seriously...sponsorship apparently wouldn't be an issue then and he could team her with "Will Power". Oh the records she'd break with "Will Power"!!

I know Roger would never do such a thing but it makes more sense than Chip feigning interest in her.

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 15:37
ol' Rog is all bidnes!.... not babysitter

harvick#1
26th July 2009, 15:42
Roger would never do that, he has too much class, he only hires the best

beachgirl
26th July 2009, 16:01
Roger would never do that, he has too much class, he only hires the best

He also doesn't do temper tantrums or whiners well. He's patient but only to a point. At that point, it's produce or out.

FormerFF
26th July 2009, 16:10
He's 35 or so. You don't think he hears the footsteps behind him? I agree with NickFalzone.

He's 34, to be exact. 35 or so is seems to be about when an open wheeler's career starts to decline. Helio should have some good years ahead of him, provided he can maintain his motivation, which I suspect is the first thing to leave a driver.

DanicaFan
26th July 2009, 16:34

I took his comment as if he was worried Will would take his ride and in that aspect, not a chance. This year proved Roger's commitment and confidence in Helio during his trial issues. Roger waited on Helio and was very adament (spelling unsure) that when Helio comes back, he will replace Will Power.

harvick#1
26th July 2009, 17:24
Will deserves the ride more than Helio, IMO, let Helio be his celebrity star and let him do all those pointless dance competitions.

Good Luck Will and PT today, I'll be cheering you on for the win today, show the full-timers how its done

DanicaFan
26th July 2009, 17:33
Will deserves the ride more than Helio, IMO, let Helio be his celebrity star and let him do all those pointless dance competitions.

Good Luck Will and PT today, I'll be cheering you on for the win today, show the full-timers how its done

Negative. Helio Castroneves is a proven winner. He is a 3-time winner of the Indy 500 and always a top competitor in the series. If that doesnt deserve a ride, nothing does.

I like Will Power a lot. I too, feel this year, Penske should of ran a 3 car team but it didnt happen.

beachbum
26th July 2009, 17:44
Negative. Helio Castroneves is a proven winner. He is a 3-time winner of the Indy 500 and always a top competitor in the series. If that doesnt deserve a ride, nothing does.

I like Will Power a lot. I too, feel this year, Penske should of ran a 3 car team but it didnt happen.Being a 3-time winner is nice on the record, but in racing what you did yesterday isn't as important as your potential for tomorrow. Age and fatigue eventually gets to all racers and they slow down. Helio is still near the top of his game, but he is sliding a tiny bit and others are on the rise like Power. Many pundits thought Helio would overshadow Briscoe, but the opposite has happened.

A couple facts to remember. Penske has a history of self-sponsoring only on rare occasions. He doesn't typically run anyone for partial seasons either. Early in the year, he was quite firm that Power was the future of Team Penske. The fact that he is running Power as much as he is suggests he is planning something for next year. It might be a third car, depending on the future of his Grand-Am team and available sponsors, or he might replace Helio. We will know eventually, but IMHO, both have about the same probability. But I do think we will see Power full time next year running for Roger in some capacity.

NickFalzone
26th July 2009, 17:49
Helio is fighting for his job. It's not out in the open, even within the team, but Helio feels some need to prove to Roger that Helio/Briscoe are a stronger team than Briscoe/Power. Note that Power is not with "Team Penske" like Helio and Ryan, he's with the slightly different "Penske Racing". I don't think Helio is worried TOO much about losing his position, but he needs to prove to the team and the crew that he deserves the best equipment and the best people. If Helio doesn't stand up well to Power then you may very well see some of the best stuff getting away from Helio. What he has in his pocket is his experience and skill on the ovals. But on the road and streets, Helio is a tick off both of his teammates.

TURN3
26th July 2009, 18:08
Helio is fighting for his job. It's not out in the open, even within the team, but Helio feels some need to prove to Roger that Helio/Briscoe are a stronger team than Briscoe/Power. Note that Power is not with "Team Penske" like Helio and Ryan, he's with the slightly different "Penske Racing". I don't think Helio is worried TOO much about losing his position, but he needs to prove to the team and the crew that he deserves the best equipment and the best people. If Helio doesn't stand up well to Power then you may very well see some of the best stuff getting away from Helio. What he has in his pocket is his experience and skill on the ovals. But on the road and streets, Helio is a tick off both of his teammates.

Roger's operation is absolutely top of the line and professional. I don't think any 1 of those cars gets anything better than the other, that just isn't how Roger works. I don't believe Chip works that way either...all the others, maybe?

Helio isn't in any danger of losing his ride soon. Another year or two, who knows but as long as he's competing at the front, winning races (more importantly 500's), he isn't going anywhere. As far as Will, I'd bet the bank that he'll be driving either a 3rd car next year or on loan to another contender (or possibly Luczo). He is about the same exact position as PT was back in early 90's. Roger ran 3 cars some years, other years he had a satellite team with Emmo through Carl Hogan, and he actually loaned PT to Newman/Haas so he could smoke Mikey...which he did. Will Power and Ryan Briscoe are the future but the present isn't over.

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 18:12
morning warm-up

looks like most of em' are on reds

seeing how they work on longer runs?

DanicaFan
26th July 2009, 18:14
Well, Briscoe on top for the warm-up session.

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 18:16
Well, Briscoe on top for the warm-up session.

and Danica p19

what are your expectations today?

a win?...or only a podium?

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 18:17
agr...p15, 18, 19, 20

can they really be considered part of the 'big 3' any longer?

DanicaFan
26th July 2009, 18:25
The results of the morning warm-up are..

1. #6 Ryan Briscoe / 1:01.6102 / 115.286
2. #24 Mike Conway / 1:01.8579 / 114.824
3. #9 Scott Dixon / 1:01.9853 / 114.588
4. #2 Raphael Matos / 1:02.1452 / 114.294
5. #15 Paul Tracy / 1:02.1472 / 114.290
6. #02 Graham Rahal / 1:02.1612 / 114.264
7. #5 Mario Moraes / 1:02.2112 / 114.172
8. #3 Helio Castroneves / 1:02.2683 / 114.068
9. #12 Will Power / 1:02.3096 / 113.992
10. #10 Dario Franchitti / 1:02.3229 / 113.968
11. #18 Justin Wilson / 1:02.3410 / 113.935
12. #34 Alex Tagliani / 1:02.6023 / 113.459
13. #13 EJ Viso / 1:02.6108 / 113.444
14. #14 Ryan Hunter-Reay / 1:02.6991 / 113.284
15. #11 Tony Kanaan / 1:02.7157 / 113.254
16. #23 Tomas Scheckter / 1:02.9792 / 112.780
17. #06 Robert Doornbos / 1:03.0152 / 112.716
18. #27 Hideki Mutoh / 1:03.0711 / 112.616
19. #7 Danica Patrick / 1:03.1421 / 112.489
20. #26 Marco Andretti / 1:03.2500 / 112.297
21. #98 Richard Antinucci / 1:03.3004 / 112.208
22. #4 Dan Wheldon / 1:03.3749 / 111.408
23. #20 Ed Carpenter / 1:04.4220 / 110.254

drewdawg727
26th July 2009, 18:41
agr...p15, 18, 19, 20

can they really be considered part of the 'big 3' any longer?

How many times do you have to ask this question? It's obvious that the only driver that has anything for the "big 2" is Danica, and that's only on the ovals. If she does her alternate pit strategy trick like she usually does, she'll have a top 10 here at Edmonton.

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 18:42
How many times do you have to ask this question? It's obvious that the only driver that has anything for the "big 2" is Danica, and that's only on the ovals. If she does her alternate pit strategy trick like she usually does, she'll have a top 10 here at Edmonton.

as long as folks keep saying it and the results are what they are i'll keep asking

beachbum
26th July 2009, 19:39
agr...p15, 18, 19, 20

can they really be considered part of the 'big 3' any longer?No.

drewdawg727
26th July 2009, 19:44
as long as folks keep saying it and the results are what they are i'll keep asking

Sorry, but the only person who seems to bring up the fact that AGR is part of this "big 3" is you, and it always comes in the form of a question asking if they still are.
After seeing the performance of AGR this year overall, I think it's safe to say that they are not part of the big 3 anymore and we can stop beating the dead hose.

TURN3
26th July 2009, 19:52
Sorry, but the only person who seems to bring up the fact that AGR is part of this "big 3" is you, and it always comes in the form of a question asking if they still are.
After seeing the performance of AGR this year overall, I think it's safe to say that they are not part of the big 3 anymore and we can stop beating the dead hose.

Then which team is the other member of the big 3? If it isn't AGR, who is it?

Obviously they've steadily regressed since the departure of the driving talent. I beg to get a response from any team rep considering taking on the junk talent in AGR's cockpits onto their team. WHY?

beachbum
26th July 2009, 20:22
Then which team is the other member of the big 3? If it isn't AGR, who is it?

Obviously they've steadily regressed since the departure of the driving talent. I beg to get a response from any team rep considering taking on the junk talent in AGR's cockpits onto their team. WHY?IHMO, there is the "big 2" and then a number of teams in the next middle group. The placing in that middle group varies from race to race, and AGR is sometimes near the front of that group and sometimes near the rear. But I think is is relatively safe to say they aren't really a threat for wins anymore.

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 20:56

your funny... thanks for the chuckle

*and..guess what... Im going to post the TV ratings on thursday also

TURN3
26th July 2009, 20:59
IHMO, there is the "big 2" and then a number of teams in the next middle group. The placing in that middle group varies from race to race, and AGR is sometimes near the front of that group and sometimes near the rear. But I think is is relatively safe to say they aren't really a threat for wins anymore.

I agree. I'd say that reverts back to the end of 2007 actually.

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 22:17
rollcall.....

whose watchin and postin?

TURN3
26th July 2009, 22:31
rollcall.....

whose watchin and postin?

Well after watching DP's little interview there, it sounds more to me like she is staying put. As I've well noted of my opinions, she isn't going to NASCAR which would end her career within 2 years and she isn't going to Ganassi because she isn't good and Chip can't possibly accept that. I know the potential for $$$$ has all the wheels spinning but maybe beachgirl is onto something here. Danica seems to be coming off of her I'm not telling stance. Could it be that the economy is making it harding than her handlers expected to find the $$?

SarahFan
26th July 2009, 22:36
Well after watching DP's little interview there, it sounds more to me like she is staying put. As I've well noted of my opinions, she isn't going to NASCAR which would end her career within 2 years and she isn't going to Ganassi because she isn't good and Chip can't possibly accept that. I know the potential for $$$$ has all the wheels spinning but maybe beachgirl is onto something here. Danica seems to be coming off of her I'm not telling stance. Could it be that the economy is making it harding than her handlers expected to find the $$?

so..... your saying she is staying put

?

Mad_Hatter
26th July 2009, 22:41
No way she stays for too much longer imo...

'a new challenge'

'wherever I go it's going to be with a good team'

'I enjoy my time with the team'

too noncommittal.

Dale Coyne and JW have Staples on the rear wing. :up:

TURN3
26th July 2009, 22:41
so..... your saying she is staying put

?

Yep. What other halfway descent team has a need for her? AGR needs whatever marketing she can bring, Chip doesn't, Penske doesn't, article today said the NASCAR peeps she talked to last week basically though she was a joke. She had no knowledge of the cars or no race plan. See link under Rumors.

AGR looks to be losing Formula Dream. Their best best is to downsize to 3 cars and use whatever she can bring to the table. they haven't been able to get any other sponsorship and their performances aren't going to get them any at this point. They need her for marketing, she needs them to have a prayer of getting a lucky caution on an oval.

TURN3
26th July 2009, 23:05
Who has the odds for a full course caution right before Danica goes a lap down? She's 25s from getting lapped.

I think Tracy has a bent suspension, he can't do consistent speeds and the lead group has left him. He's probably holding up Rahal a little now.

TURN3
26th July 2009, 23:21
So Danica is in 15th, moved up 5 positions, 4 from attrition...AND THEY SPEND 5 MIN ON HER!!!!!!! VS., don't let us down now!

Shifter
26th July 2009, 23:46
Watching at lap ~55. If Will Power loses the race because of another 'pit miscue' i'm claiming that Roger isn't letting Power win over his regulars.

TURN3
26th July 2009, 23:51
Beutiful on Will's part. He just used Marco for a pick on his in lap.

Shifter
27th July 2009, 00:00
yeah and my conspiracy theory is thankfully shot. go will!

gm99
27th July 2009, 00:00
Watching at lap ~55. If Will Power loses the race because of another 'pit miscue' i'm claiming that Roger isn't letting Power win over his regulars.

Difficult decision for Penske - Power, through not having a full-time ride, is in no position to challenge for the championship, Briscoe & Castroneves on the other hand are. Considering how close the points race has been in the past, any points that Will takes off the regular Penske drivers could cause Penske to lose the championship. Much as I hate team orders, they probably would make sense today.

drewdawg727
27th July 2009, 00:12
your funny... thanks for the chuckle

*and..guess what... Im going to post the TV ratings on thursday also

Ken - i actually would like to sincerely apologize...I reread my post and realized that the post I put up was very cynical and nasty. I was just trying to mention that I am a little bit fed up with people saying that AGR is part of this "big 3". They cant be considered so high when they can't qualify in the top 10 in any road course race when they were able to sweep the first two rows at Mid-Ohio in 2007.

Again, I am very sorry...I don't have a problem with you or anyone on this message board, I love you guys really, but I do realize that I need to choose my words better on here.

TURN3
27th July 2009, 00:26
wow, no full course yellows...until I type this.

gm99
27th July 2009, 00:29
wow, no full course yellows...until I type this.

And there it is... I was just gonna ask if there had ever been an IRL race without a full-course yellow (I don' think so).

DanicaFan
27th July 2009, 00:44
Congratulations to Will Power for the win!

DanicaFan
27th July 2009, 00:50
And there it is... I was just gonna ask if there had ever been an IRL race without a full-course yellow (I don' think so).

No. This would of been the first one in IndyCar history.

SarahFan
27th July 2009, 01:00
Ken - i actually would like to sincerely apologize...I reread my post and realized that the post I put up was very cynical and nasty. I was just trying to mention that I am a little bit fed up with people saying that AGR is part of this "big 3". They cant be considered so high when they can't qualify in the top 10 in any road course race when they were able to sweep the first two rows at Mid-Ohio in 2007.

Again, I am very sorry...I don't have a problem with you or anyone on this message board, I love you guys really, but I do realize that I need to choose my words better on here.

cheers!

Anubis
27th July 2009, 01:09
At the risk of opening a can of worms, dare I ask how DF feels about Danica's race in relation to his slightly wide of the mark prediction, or would that be considered kicking a man when he's down?

DanicaFan
27th July 2009, 01:15
The race almost went the whole way without a caution. But with 2 laps to go Tomas Scheckter goes into the wall. This would of been the first race in IndyCar history to go all the way without a caution.

Here are the results..

1. #12 Will Power
2. #3 Helio Castroneves
3. #9 Scott Dixon
4. #6 Ryan Briscoe
5. #10 Dario Franchitti
6. #15 Paul Tracy
7. #02 Graham Rahal
8. #18 Justin Wilson
9. #06 Robert Doornbos
10. #26 Marco Andretti
11. #7 Danica Patrick
12. #13 EJ Viso
13. #34 Alex Tagliani
14. #27 Hideki Mutoh
15. #4 Dan Wheldon
16. #20 Ed Carpenter
17. #14 Ryan Hunter-Reay
18. #2 Raphael Matos
19. #23 Tomas Scheckter
20. #24 Mike Conway
21. #11 Tony Kanaan
22. #98 Richard Antinucci
23. #5 Mario Moraes

DanicaFan
27th July 2009, 01:31
Sorry guys, I disagree, AGR is definitely one of the "Big 3". No doubt in my mind. Wait till next week when they have a turn around of this bad luck stint that went down the last few races. Get back on the ovals and they will dominant again.

harvick#1
27th July 2009, 01:38
Will just showed today why he deserves a full-time ride, he made everyone look silly,

well done also to PT for coming home in 6th, its a big shame that this could've been his final race :(

beachgirl
27th July 2009, 01:42
Sorry guys, I disagree, AGR is definitely one of the "Big 3". No doubt in my mind. Wait till next week when they have a turn around of this bad luck stint that went down the last few races. Get back on the ovals and they will dominant again.

May I please have some of whatever it is you take?

SoCalPVguy
27th July 2009, 01:47

Finishing 10th, 11th, 14th & 21st out of 23 is NOT a "big 3" result.

It is only the "Big 2" Penske and Gannassi.

SoCalPVguy
27th July 2009, 01:53

NHL racing finished 7th and 9th (after Penske: 1, 2, 4) and Ganassi (3, 5). If anyone should be in the current Big-3 its NHL.

PS- please send me some of whatever you're smoking so I can share it with Beachgirl ;) !!!

SarahFan
27th July 2009, 02:04

dominant?

let me guess...

your going to go out on a limb and predict and Danica pole and win next sat night......am I right?

harvick#1
27th July 2009, 02:30
:s nore:

you know, its getting harder and harder to ignore the posts.

only Kanaan was somewhat a top ten car today, but he was engulfed in flames, I'd like to give a huge kudos to all the Penske and Ganassi crews to come to the aid within seconds of the fire and to get TK out of the car, thats could've been much worse.

I'm then going out on a limb and say Stanton is coming back and is gonna lap the field at Kentucky

EagleEye
27th July 2009, 02:50
dominant?

let me guess...

your going to go out on a limb and predict and Danica pole and win next sat night......am I right?

Agreed, AGR has a ton of problems right now and the list is getting longer. Aside from the fact they have no wins or poles this year, the once proud team has fallen far from their perch as one of the big three. A quick look a this years stats, tells the tale.

Wins-0
Poles-0

Issues right now include-

-Loosing cash cow Danica to NASCAR. Forget what you read elsewhere, the deal has been done for some time. None of her current peers will be sad to see her and her "people" move on, though the series will loose its leading lady and marketing star.

-Mutoh and his cash leaving too, as his sponsorship will move to PKV or Deferran, and a different Japanese driver.

-Marco and TK are not happy at all. I think Poppa Mike will keep Marco, but TK could end up at Ganassi, Deferran or PVK. Unless things change dramatically for TK, he will get out of his contract.

-Kim Green and Michael have been going at each others throats, more so when they have days like these. It has not been pretty, pit side.

-The team will go from a 4-car team, to a two car team, with Marco most likley coming back and the team picking up a stong team leader (Justin is on their radar).

The team lacks chemestry, and has for some time. The Weldon, Dario, TK, Marco days are long gone. The team is in complete shambles as anyone can see by their lack of results and the dramatic drop off in performance. The direction and team's future will not be decided until the battle for leadership concludes.

MDS
27th July 2009, 03:17
Interesting how you have the team that can't find full sponsorship for one car, and having to piece together deals for Paul Tracy vieing for Mutoh and Kannan. Guess they have some sponsor waiting in the wings.

Also, if Dancia's going to NASCAR and you've got it locked in, which team?

NickFalzone
27th July 2009, 03:25
It's getting late in the year to still be hunting for a team, so I agree that she's probably got one chosen. The word was that she had several contract offers at the beginning of this month, so it doesn't surprise me that she's decided to go ahead with one or another. What she keeps saying is that whatever she plans to do, it will be with a "top" team. Could be Stewart-Haas, but it could very well be one we haven't discussed. Not a Hendrick, but there are 3-4 other top NASCAR teams that she could have gone with. Either way, my best guess is that it will be primarily a NWide schedule with a few Cup starts late in the year.

drewdawg727
27th July 2009, 04:28
I'll tell ya one thing, I'm very much looking forward to the announcement of the 2010 schedule at Kentucky. Lets hope that it's something that is a little more spread out and doesn't last only 6 months out of the year.

TURN3
27th July 2009, 04:41
-Kim Green and Michael have been going at each others throats, more so when they have days like these. It has not been pretty, pit side.

-The team will go from a 4-car team, to a two car team, with Marco most likley coming back and the team picking up a stong team leader (Justin is on their radar).

The team lacks chemestry, and has for some time. The Weldon, Dario, TK, Marco days are long gone. The team is in complete shambles as anyone can see by their lack of results and the dramatic drop off in performance. The direction and team's future will not be decided until the battle for leadership concludes.

I've seen the tension between Green and MA for awhile, not hard to believe this one. No doubt in my mind they'll be no bigger than a 3 car team, possibly down to 2. It's all going to get pretty interesting that is for sure.

I'd go out on a limb to say that the team chemistry started eroding when Marco came on board. He's a whiny little brat for starters but I think he always tried to show proper respect to the team leaders in the beginning. No matter, remember the confrontation with Dario and MA after Marco's screw up almost cost them? I think Dario left because of what he saw. Adding the Danica obviously has just made it worse and worse. I've said this for 2.5 years now.

Either way, my best guess is that it will be primarily a NWide schedule with a few Cup starts late in the year.

I'd say she'd most likely be doing some Nationwide races yet this year after Indy is over. That'll nullify that contract if one so exists.

harvick#1
27th July 2009, 05:22
what I don't understand is why she thinks shes top driver. she only wants the best equipment, trust me Danica, you don't want that cause she wont be able to handle the Cup cars and being for a top team failing to qualify races will only certify that you are a bust.

and wasn't this the same Danica that complained Nascar's season was too long also

Mark in Oshawa
27th July 2009, 14:46
what I don't understand is why she thinks shes top driver. she only wants the best equipment, trust me Danica, you don't want that cause she wont be able to handle the Cup cars and being for a top team failing to qualify races will only certify that you are a bust.

and wasn't this the same Danica that complained Nascar's season was too long also

She ISNT a top driver and she ISNT going to be in Cup next year. It makes no sense racing wise at all. Yes she will bring sponsors and that is how she will get a ride, but it wont be with Gibbs, it wont be with Stewart-Haas, RCR or Hendrick. I cant see Jack Roush doing a Cup deal for her either. IF Sam Hornish couldn't do much more than struggle the last couple of years with all the IRL oval wins he has, how would Danica justify herself in a Cup only deal??

Sorry boys...you are too optimistic. She comes to NASCAR, she isn't going to a top team, and I don't think her pride will let her go anywhere BUT a top team. She has to prove herself in the IRL and win that Indy 500 she claims is her greatest goal. She cant do that from Charlotte...

wedge
27th July 2009, 14:57
TK's fire was frightening stuff

SarahFan
27th July 2009, 15:10
this race warranted zero coverage in my local paper...

not a peep... not even a box score

Nascar got front page(sports) mention and second page story.....F1 had a page 2 sidebar

IRL/Edmonton zippo

how about others?.....did it get a mention in your local fishwrap?

Hoop-98
27th July 2009, 15:52
Yes

Marbles
27th July 2009, 21:13
I enjoyed the race. It's nice to see a caution free race every now and then. Messes up those savvy fuel and pit strategies. Taking it easy early (saving tires and fuel) was the wrong choice to make today.

Tracy\Moraes: Oof... ehrm... sheez... aaaahh... ya know... uhmmm... pffft...
I actually think PT was fairly deep alongside MM. Hitting the brakes and climbing the curbing when he realized MM was coming down on him made it look a lot worse. Still, not a wise move on PT's part. Does JV still love him? He will if Honda does.

Great fight between HCN and Dixon.

Kanaan incident was scary. Do cockpit extinguishers do anything? I think I saw Kanaan reach for his.

Great race by Power.

Honda should be throwing bucks in to keep Tracy and Power full time.

I liked what Power said about signing his contract with Penske: "I hardly even read it. I just signed it."

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 04:41
I was in Corning NY coming home on my holiday and want to give a shoutout to the Leader Post there. In the sports, racing got 2 pages, and NASCAR, Indy and f1 all shared equal inches.

Not bad for a small town paper.

The Toronto Sun covers racing fairly, and Indy gets as much mention most weekends they race as f1 or NASCAR. With the race in Edmonton, they gave it a bit more play....but not like when the race was in town. Then it was wall to wall 10 feet tall.

Canadian papers tend to treat Indy better than American ones it has been my experience...

drewdawg727
28th July 2009, 05:27
Dont forget that Corning is where Watkins Glen basically is, so you got a bunch of ICS fans around that area. They should have equal if not more space for Indy than F1...NASCAR is big up there though.

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 05:37
Dont forget that Corning is where Watkins Glen basically is, so you got a bunch of ICS fans around that area. They should have equal if not more space for Indy than F1...NASCAR is big up there though.

I know where the Glen is and how that is the home paper for that area, but it was still very well done in the sports section. It had racing, the Tour de France and Golf all getting proper coverage outside of Baseball and the Bill's opening training camp up the road. For small town paper in today's economy, the people down there don't know how good they have it.

SarahFan
28th July 2009, 16:11
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Indy+idea+least+idea/1835459/story.html

edv
28th July 2009, 16:26

Haha Amazing that they quoted BIF, a purposely 'gomer'-esque caricature poster!

drewdawg727
28th July 2009, 16:34
I know where the Glen is and how that is the home paper for that area, but it was still very well done in the sports section. It had racing, the Tour de France and Golf all getting proper coverage outside of Baseball and the Bill's opening training camp up the road. For small town paper in today's economy, the people down there don't know how good they have it.

I wasn't doubting your knowledge of where the racetrack is, I was just claiming that the area around there is very into their racetrack and racing. But, I do agree with what you were trying to say that the paper did a good job.

DBell
28th July 2009, 17:35

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: BiF hooked another, this time a newspaper journalist!

SarahFan
28th July 2009, 21:23
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/editorial-cartoons/index.html