PDA

View Full Version : Mellowed out, for a change.

Easy Drifter
21st July 2009, 02:46
This evening for only about the 3rd time this year it was really comfortable sitting on my deck in the evening. Sun was shining and still warm. Practically no wind and the Bay was almost calm with no power boats.
I had just finished a BBQ'd Bambi burger with real old cheddar cheese, burger nicely spiced and cooked just right. Enjoying a cool glass of Chardonay.
A few light clouds but sun still shining. Then just a few drops of very light rain. But off to the Southeast 2 brilliant rainbows appeared.
After about 10 minutes rain got slightly heavier (not much) and I moved under the cover of a swing now looking North West. An absolutely fabulous Georgian Bay Sunset!
Just reminded me of why I love it here.
Today my signature is wrong!

Jag_Warrior
21st July 2009, 03:36
Sounds like you had a good day, which when appreciated enough, gives you something to really look forward to: the next one. :s mokin:

Tazio
21st July 2009, 04:22
Very nice ED but I need more imagery
You’re a writer. Was the silence interrupted by the occasional toad or cricket?
Were there any hawks or falcons gliding majestically against the rocky crags?
I'm interested in the rainbows. The trout that is!
Were they rising and breaking the water in the calm glassy inlets to the latest hatch?
I think I would have gone with a Super Tuscan or Zinfandel.
Damn, I think I enjoyed it more than you did.
Thanks ;)

BTW It's a shame people have to live like that :mark: :p :

leopard
21st July 2009, 04:49
I feel that every second of my life is exciting. Problems can disturb me for a moment, as soon as being involved in different of being devoted to several things, playing around with kid, and forget all the problems.

In between of silence of last night, watching some performances of Jacko, besides the new one without him appears there, 'earth song' was touching me as couple years ago I contributed to natural destruction, felling of trees that sometimes it involves excavator or any heavy equipments of Volvo ...

Easy Drifter
21st July 2009, 05:09
Well the Chipmunks were running about, the young black squirrels cavorting and the Canada Geese doing what they do best. The young Racoon that has been leaving deposits on everyones' deck was nowhere to be seen tonight. Fish were jumping in the Bay, probably Pike or maybe young Bass dodging said Pike.
Trout, Salmon and Walleye are out deeper in colder water dodging the freshwater sharks (Muskie).
Trout and Salmon run in limited numbers in the Hog River, 50 yards away in Sept.
Haven't got any rocky crags and all that was soaring were the Turkey Vultures. Like ugly.
For a change my birds were quiet!!!!

Eki
21st July 2009, 12:44
BTW It's a shame people have to live like that :mark: :p :
It's them boat people you've been hearing on the news.

wedge
21st July 2009, 12:56
This evening for only about the 3rd time this year it was really comfortable sitting on my deck in the evening. Sun was shining and still warm. Practically no wind and the Bay was almost calm with no power boats.
I had just finished a BBQ'd Bambi burger with real old cheddar cheese, burger nicely spiced and cooked just right. Enjoying a cool glass of Chardonay.
A few light clouds but sun still shining. Then just a few drops of very light rain. But off to the Southeast 2 brilliant rainbows appeared.
After about 10 minutes rain got slightly heavier (not much) and I moved under the cover of a swing now looking North West. An absolutely fabulous Georgian Bay Sunset!

3YKS5-jxINQ

markabilly
21st July 2009, 14:21
let me help you out of this boredom.....did you hear about the time ED and Tonto went for a ride.....

Eki
21st July 2009, 14:38
let me help you out of this boredom.....did you hear about the time ED and Tonto went for a ride.....
Was it the time that ED and Tonto were surrounded by a Sioux war band? ED asked "What are we going to do now Tonto?" and Tonto replied"Who's this 'we', Paleface" .

Eki
21st July 2009, 15:09
3YKS5-jxINQ
HCCjv2OiTxE

steve_spackman
21st July 2009, 21:02

WOW reading this made me think i was there too. Sounds great

J4MIE
21st July 2009, 23:38

This is why life is worth the hassle :) Thanks for sharing :)

Tazio
22nd July 2009, 10:27
KjOFcJF_18g

Easy Drifter
23rd July 2009, 04:11
After 3 geogeous days I will be back to normal tomorrow. 5 days of rain forecast and I get to fight with Revenue Canada.
In the meantime Chay Eki, Chay.
After tomorrow it will be 'Waub chay' Eki.
Meanwhile I have been honing my scalping knife.
Are you sure who the paleface is? :D

rah
23rd July 2009, 05:44
Are Bambi burgers any good? Did you shoot it yourself?
I have a deer problem around my place and they look so healthy and easy to shoot.

Easy Drifter
23rd July 2009, 07:58
Excellent eating as is all Venison. I prefer it to Buffalo or Elk but the best is Bear. Normally I cannot get bear. Moose also very good but again hard for me to get. I eat very little meat except for Elk, Venison and Buffalo.
I no longer hunt and anyway deer are out of season now.
I live near a game farm so most of what I get is farmed.
I am a good enough customer that I do get some 'wild' meat but rarely. Technically they can only butcher wild meat for the person who shot it.