PDA

View Full Version : Chitwood out as ims prez

SarahFan
20th July 2009, 21:49
Just read on another forum .... Per cavin

*sorry no link ... Just posting from my phone ... Maybe somebody at a computer can find a link?

underpowered
20th July 2009, 22:31
http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpert/2009/07/july_20_chitwood_resigns.html

SportscarBruce
20th July 2009, 22:32
What about his stunt show?

:confused:

:s mokin:

MDS
20th July 2009, 22:35
No big shock. I've been hearing, and posting, about a house cleaning in the IRL management for weeks now.

With NASCAR coming to town this weekend I wouldn't be surprised to see Humpy Wheeler be announced as the new track president on Friday.

It's only a matter of time until Barnhart is gone.

indycool
20th July 2009, 23:03
I'd be surprised if Wheeler came in soon. I don't see the Speedway making those kinds of moves in midseason. And I really don't see Barnhart go anytime soon.

DBell
20th July 2009, 23:18
I'm not sure that he was forced out after reading the speed article:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-ims-president-chitwood-leaves-for-isc/

If he was forced out, he had another job lined up. From the article

Chitwood is becoming the vice president of business operations for the International Speedway Corporation

NickFalzone
21st July 2009, 01:12
Poor Jeff Belskus seems to be getting every IMS job in the world thrown at him. I don't even know who this guy is. Hope he's up for it.

As far as Barnhart, I think he's made some mistakes over the years but also has tried to do what in his mind was best for the series. Other boards have had rumors that he's out at the end of the season, from "inside" sources. But I would take it with a grain of salt.

DirtDevil5
22nd July 2009, 03:44
Good riddenz,, Barnhart needs to go next...

dude dosn't have a clue how to run a race or a race series...

Chamoo
22nd July 2009, 22:05
This won't have a whole lot of an effect on the series. One thing it could effect is that Belskus will now accept the role Chitwood used to hold, and it seems he will start spreading himself thin.

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 13:00
I don't see this as a bad thing. Joie had done a good job running the IMS. One can say a lot of things about TG's stewardship of IMS or his running the IRL, but putting Joie in charge of the IMS and the facility they have proves Joie knew something. They didn't let the place fall apart. If we was a boob, I don't think ISC would bring him in either.

No...with Tony gone, there is going to be a change of leadership in all the major parts of the Hulman empire.

AS for Humpy, no...unless Mari Hulman-George BEGS him I don't see him coming to IMS. If he was coming, he would have been there already.....Humpy isn't one to sit in the shadows and wait for a season to end, they have to change the direction of the ship immediately.