so it is reported....as clint said, buzzards got to eat

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77001

gloomyDAY
17th July 2009, 04:30
Awwww! Mr. Pouty Face is mad.

Too bad sucker. Hit the road.

CNR
17th July 2009, 05:43
Q: if they could do it to a red bull junior driver how could he not see this coming

Valve Bounce
17th July 2009, 06:01
Q: if they could do it to a red bull junior driver how could he not see this coming

Depends what was written in his contract. I did read somewhere that there was a performance requirement by the German GP which he did not meet; can't remember where.

17th July 2009, 08:36
"I am convinced that if I was given the chance to race with such a new package I would have had the opportunity to achieve satisfactory results."

You had the opportunity to achieve satisfactory results, Mr Bourdais. Beating your rookie team-mate was the bear minimum that you should have achieved.

Mark
17th July 2009, 08:41
It's not like he started this year and they've kicked him out after a few races. He's had more than long enough to prove his worth. In fact I think STR were very generous letting him race in 2009 at all.

This is *Formula 1* you perform or you're out, simple as that.

ioan
17th July 2009, 10:01
It's not like he started this year and they've kicked him out after a few races. He's had more than long enough to prove his worth. In fact I think STR were very generous letting him race in 2009 at all.

I agree, they should have raced Sato this season, he proved that he can do great in a low budget car.

Saint Devote
17th July 2009, 11:48
Be serious - Toro Rosso is in the oldest business, its called prostitution.

Did't you read the news - TR are to be paid $2 million and after Valencia need not even retain Alguesari.

Secondly, to those that are ignorant of business practice, when there is a contractual dispute, legal action - sueing - is the logical step.

Bourdais is merely acting in his own interests as did TR.

Saint Devote
17th July 2009, 11:54
Well lets hope Red Bull ruin him in the process. They've been over generous until now, and in my opinion they should be suing him for wasting their time and money..

Yours is a sad and bitte comment. For someone supposedly a motor racing enthusiast wishing harm on a racing driver is pitiful.

Anyway, the lawsuit is against the racing team, Faenza's Toro Rosso and not Red Bull.

ioan
17th July 2009, 12:05
Yours is a sad and bitte comment.

What's that a 'bitte comment'?!

Anyway, the lawsuit is against the racing team, Faenza's Toro Rosso and not Red Bull.

STR are RedBull owned and financed, so it's basically Bourdais vs RedBull, and given that he underperformed he certainly didn't meet some of his contract conditions.

CNR
17th July 2009, 12:50
the thing is what can nicolas todt do to hook him up with on of the new teams

markabilly
17th July 2009, 13:10
I agree, they should have raced Sato this season, he proved that he can do great in a low budget car.

Sato?

Not when scottie no speedie is sitting on the side line !!!!

Besides it was made very clear that those red bull sales were perceived lacking in japan, so that is the "real why" they were considering him.....

never fear, drink japan sales are still low.....perhaps they should add something new to their line, "a little touch of kool aid", probably would sell well, except there would be too little repeat sales. :beer:

Perhaps SB was an unkowing test candidate for the new drink....many signs are there, believes he is too great to be too slow....others such such as lack of life.......

Yours is a sad and bitte comment. For someone supposedly a motor racing enthusiast wishing harm on a racing driver is pitiful.

Bull.

the self canonized always take pity on lowly sinners who lack their state of grace....esp before they execute them in some merciful way such as burning, stoning or drawn and quartered..... :love: ..or worse, spanked by maXie after thorough genital exam :uhoh:

woody2goody
17th July 2009, 13:29
I think it's a bit harsh to sack him now. They should have waited a few more races at least. I can see that Alguersuari needs practice, but 4 races or so would be enough to tell if someone's at least got F1 potential.

If they are bringing a new upgrade to Hungary (i.e. the one RBR put on at Silverstone), then, no offence to him, but I doubt Alguersuari is going to get much out of it. Bourdais at least could get into Q3 with it.

Why have an upgrade at all if you are going to negate it by putting a rookie driver in with no testing?

I agree Bourdais hasn't been amazing this year, but STR are making a habit out of sacking drivers after the Nurburgring.

ioan
17th July 2009, 15:27
I think it's a bit harsh to sack him now. They should have waited a few more races at least. I can see that Alguersuari needs practice, but 4 races or so would be enough to tell if someone's at least got F1 potential.

Well, he's already got 25 races or so, so he stayed 21 races more than the 4 you ask for.

Valve Bounce
18th July 2009, 02:22

Funny!! I suggested that in the other thread, and I had not read this post. Sato is not a bad driver, and I am sure that if Torro Rosso had given him a trial, he would have done a lot better than either Buemi or Seabass.

Valve Bounce
18th July 2009, 02:25
Be serious - Toro Rosso is in the oldest business, its called prostitution.

Max must be mixed up with this! maybe that will whip them along. :p :

gloomyDAY
18th July 2009, 03:17
Be serious - Toro Rosso is in the oldest business, its called prostitution.How is STR whoring themselves out by letting go of Bourdais? French Seb brought along some money with him too! This cut was made due to a lack of performance and not a lack of funds from the driver.

markabilly
18th July 2009, 12:37
be careful, boys and girls, or else Tost de la Lost "might be forced to nail your pelvis with a cake-stand................. :eek:

Bagwan
18th July 2009, 13:36
Tracy , a guy who raced Bourdais in the states , had this to say :
"He's a great driver but I bet his attitude didn't exactly encourage the team to solve his problems,"

Hey , Billy , you do know where the "cake stand" reference comes from , don't you ? I should send my old friend , Dinsdale , over to explain .

markabilly
18th July 2009, 13:57
Hey , Billy , you do know where the "cake stand" reference comes from , don't you ? I should send my old friend , Dinsdale , over to explain .
No but tell me when he will get here and I will get my ko lube out and invite maX over