PDA

View Full Version : Podium Theme

cynisca
14th July 2009, 21:47
I don't if you know it, so I just post it. The theme of the podium ceremony. After the national anthems were played, during the champagne shower of the drivers. The music which will played during champagne shower is "Prélude". It is the "Act. I" of the opera "Carmen" by George Bizet, from 1875.

SP4k55L9GgA

Tazio
14th July 2009, 22:54
I like this version better. It starts at about 4:45 :p :

h8cNN5zwEcXM

The writer must have been smoking some good dope when they came up with this episode.
BTW Phil Silvers Character Harold Hecuba is a play on hamlet as well. Hekuba was a mythical queen of Troy, and is mentioned in a phliosophical speach by Hamlet

Hamlet:
O, what a rogue and peasant slave am I!
Is it not monstrous that this player here,
But in a fiction, in a dream of passion,
Could force his soul so to his own conceit
That from her working all the visage wann'd,
Tears in his eyes, distraction in his aspect,
A broken voice, an' his whole function suiting
With forms to his conceit? And all for nothing,
For Hecuba!
What's Hecuba to him, or he to Hecuba,
That he should weep for her? What would he do
Had he the motive and the cue for passion
That I have? He would drown the stage with tears,
And cleave the general ear with horrid speech,
Make mad the guilty, and appall the free,
Confound the ignorant, and amaze indeed
The very faculties of eyes and ears.

Hamlet Act 2, scene 2, 550–566

Saint Devote
15th July 2009, 03:35
The entire theme of the podium is perverted.

Drivers do NOT race for their countries. They race for themselves and their teams and are paid as well. They are professional. If anything, the flags of the teams - a Ferrari flag for example - ought to be flown.

And its time to step out of the past and leave the awful classical crap alone - how about each driver choosing the band they want to hear?

Nico Rosberg would probably select U2's "Its a Beautiful Day". Maybe a driver will choose Gun's And Rose's or Metallica...................

The teams are so international these days anyway, why pretend that they actually rrepresent an antedeluvian idea of country?

And why support a driver just because they are a fellow countryman? Most drivers have not even LIVED in their supposed country for years.

Drivers resident in Monaco have lived there for so long that they no longer even feel the same they did and returning to their original country would even feel strange.

Jenson with that British GP helmet looked like he represented the Red Cross and as for representing Britain - exactly when last has he actually LIVED their? He spends his time in Monaco and Bahrain for crying out loud. Britain is a memory of almost 10 years ago. His dad does not get a suntan from living in the British Isles :-]

So I say - out with the old fashioned rubbish that has always been the cause of wars and in with the new.

ShiftingGears
15th July 2009, 04:23

Drivers do NOT race for their countries. They race for themselves and their teams and are paid as well. They are professional. If anything, the flags of the teams - a Ferrari flag for example - ought to be flown.

And its time to step out of the past and leave the awful classical crap alone - how about each driver choosing the band they want to hear?

Nico Rosberg would probably select U2's "Its a Beautiful Day". Maybe a driver will choose Gun's And Rose's or Metallica...................

The teams are so international these days anyway, why pretend that they actually rrepresent an antedeluvian idea of country?

And why support a driver just because they are a fellow countryman? Most drivers have not even LIVED in their supposed country for years.

Drivers resident in Monaco have lived there for so long that they no longer even feel the same they did and returning to their original country would even feel strange.

Jenson with that British GP helmet looked like he represented the Red Cross and as for representing Britain - exactly when last has he actually LIVED their? He spends his time in Monaco and Bahrain for crying out loud. Britain is a memory of almost 10 years ago. His dad does not get a suntan from living in the British Isles :-]

So I say - out with the old fashioned rubbish that has always been the cause of wars and in with the new.

I don't see any problem with how podiums are at the moment. They should keep them that way - and rightly so.

Tazio
15th July 2009, 06:03
So I say - out with the old fashioned rubbish that has always been the cause of wars Yea’ I here ya bro. A war instigated by Austria, allied with Italy, Germany, and Spain,
could break out any time against Great Britain, and France, over the services of Alonso, and Vettel.
F1 Armageddon baby. Not to mention Australia is on the verge of going Troppo on Japan in the Pacific Theatre.
Of course Switzerland and Monaco will remain neutral.

All this coming to a head when that sociopath and Hitler-wanna-be Bernie
insists on the long version of "Deutschland über alles" when a German wins a GP! :p :

Max can run the prisoner of war camps for both sides :laugh:

Tell you what; I'll go back on my meds if you go back on yours!
:rotflmao:

Big Ben
15th July 2009, 07:45

Maybe somebody will chose the bloodhound gang - the bad touch. This is too stupid to be even funny. I really hope you are not Max.

cynisca
15th July 2009, 08:22

And what's about international sports matches (eg association football, rugby and so on...). The players work/play in another countries but play for their home nation though they haven't lived there for years.

Look at Mark Webber's victory on Sunday. I would bet millions of Australians were absolutely happy about his victory and to hear Advance Australia Fair.

Or, how many people in the US were happy if an US-boy wins the world championship. If they are interested in that.

Sonic
15th July 2009, 08:49

YAWN. Well there's a minute of my life I won't get back after reading this drivel.

ShiftingGears
15th July 2009, 08:57
Maybe somebody will chose the bloodhound gang - the bad touch. This is too stupid to be even funny. I really hope you are not Max.

LOL

acescribe
15th July 2009, 14:59

What terrible rubbish.

And the flag JB had on his helmet was the Cross of St George, the flag of England.

When was the last time Mark Webber lived in Australia? Yet you couldnt meet a more proud Aussie....

Garry Walker
15th July 2009, 15:40
YAWN. Well there's a minute of my life I won't get back after reading this drivel.

Indeed.

If my countries anthem was played for me, I would take immense pride in that.

UltimateDanGTR
15th July 2009, 16:37

you're missing the point. just because a driver, or any sportsman for that matter does not live in their original country is irrelevant, because they can still have great pride in their nation. and good for them. most sportsmen will always love their country, and they are proud to please the people of their nation.

as for drivers racing for themselves and their teams, that is their priority yes, but nationalism is still high. I think you failed to notice that.

Saint Devote
16th July 2009, 01:25
Well clearly my idea is not popular - although nobody expelains exactly why they disagree.....

Other sports - I don't care about other sports, only motor racing.

I like Niki Lauda amongst other things he never raced for his country and his helmet was red because he thought it would the most visible if he was launched into the forest of the Nurburgring during his Formula Vee days.

He did not have an attachment to trophies and used to give them away to the team members.

Later his helmet represented his airline pattern.

I think that I am right and that country and nationality in itself has no value or place in a professional sport like formula 1 other than outmoded ideas.

Saint Devote
16th July 2009, 01:29
you're missing the point. just because a driver, or any sportsman for that matter does not live in their original country is irrelevant, because they can still have great pride in their nation. and good for them. most sportsmen will always love their country, and they are proud to please the people of their nation.

as for drivers racing for themselves and their teams, that is their priority yes, but nationalism is still high. I think you failed to notice that.

Yes nationalism is still high and that is a very sad reflection on humanity.

It is good that this year most ofthe time the Brawn drivers have Brawn colors on their helmet and not flags.

Big Ben
16th July 2009, 08:04

It is good that this year most ofthe time the Brawn drivers have Brawn colors on their helmet and not flags.

Yes, it's a great step forward for the humanity.

Tazio
16th July 2009, 10:29

Pray tell what is your pious opinion regarding the Olympics? :confused:
The winners are paid in the form of huge commercial endorsements (in the countries they represent)
even if they are not already professional athletes.
I have a news flash for you. As much as I respect good sportsmanship,
professional competition is war without the body-bags.
I don't think it promotes military hostilities however, with or without the anthems :mark:
In fact it could be argued that it's a ventilation system that helps deter
War.
Now you've got your Hooliganism, but then ignorant drunkards will fight for their "Boyz" on the club level,
In fact they will just fight for the fun of it, with or without an Anthem :arrows:

Azumanga Davo
16th July 2009, 12:46
One heck of a useless troll, this one...

Sonic
16th July 2009, 13:12
Well clearly my idea is not popular - although nobody expelains exactly why they disagree.....

Other sports - I don't care about other sports, only motor racing.

I like Niki Lauda amongst other things he never raced for his country and his helmet was red because he thought it would the most visible if he was launched into the forest of the Nurburgring during his Formula Vee days.

He did not have an attachment to trophies and used to give them away to the team members.

Later his helmet represented his airline pattern.

I think that I am right and that country and nationality in itself has no value or place in a professional sport like formula 1 other than outmoded ideas.

Not entirely sure a reason is needed other than...."I like hearing the national anthem". I feel true pride when god save the queen rings out - especially regarding the constructors.

ShiftingGears
16th July 2009, 16:58
I felt very proud hearing Advance Australia Fair on sunday. I am sure Webber did as well.

Saint Devote
21st July 2009, 03:16
Not entirely sure a reason is needed other than...."I like hearing the national anthem". I feel true pride when god save the queen rings out - especially regarding the constructors.

Then why not the US anthem as carbon-fiber is an invention from and manufactured in the United States; and the tyres are from a Japanese company?

The Toyota is manufactured in Germany.

I would rather celebrate the sponsir of a team after all if not for them there is no racing.

What has a country to with it all? Nothing.

People such as the drivers will never even live in their original countries again anyway.

Nationalism in professional motor racing is as irrelevant as race to anything and its about time this phoney idea that formula 1 teams and drivers represent their countries is erradicated as the neanderthal concept that it really is.

Saint Devote
21st July 2009, 03:27
I felt very proud hearing Advance Australia Fair on sunday. I am sure Webber did as well.

I appreciate that, but I think that it is time all that is left behind because it is not relevant but a pretense that it has something to so with racing.

Let me go further and say that it is also about time the "world championship" title is replaced with the F1 championship only.

Also, leave behind the country titles for races and lets return to the days when the city or even track is the title name: Monte Carlo Grand Prix and Spa-Francochamps Grand Prix.

Can anyone here seriously declare that the f1 title holder is the best in the world? Put him in Tony Stewart's NASCAR and he would be nowhere in the Daytona 500.

Time to change the cars and the sport.

The FIA already bans the flying of flags by the driver on the track - it can be taken from there.

And there have been drivers that have ignored nationalism.

race_director
21st July 2009, 03:37
this how F1 fanatics spend the non race weekend.

Well i liked Tazio idea of Making MAX the jailer. and to add to the cast He can as play a BIG BOB during his breaks with the prisoner. Playing BIB BOB is much better than playing NAZI games.

BIG BOB and his C*** meat sandwich

race_director
21st July 2009, 04:04

TO long to quote the whole thing

Well on a second thought i was wondering if people chose the song they want to play during there podium instead of anthem.

I can imagine a day when some one from pakistan northern state swat region* Win the raace . The winner would like to hear tribal Music which has to be with a group of striper's performing.

Will FIA allow this ??? :)

Even if FIA allows this . Its better for them to wait till MAX goes.( U don't want the FIA president dancing among the stripper's on live TV :)

* say 200-300 yrs from now. They are still in Medival ages .Music and TV is banned and also they still believe that women cannot go to school and cannot go out of house for any work alone. so image how much time it will take for the guy to reach F1

Saint Devote
24th July 2009, 02:58

So use an IPod to play the anthem when you think its appropriate :-]

Honestly, really what does a country have to do with it?

Brabham in the 1970's - 80's - for example - was owned by a Brit [Bernie], the name was Australian and it was founded by Australians Brabham and Tauranac, the designer was South African [Murray] and it was constructed in Britain for convenience of course.

Exactly why should "God Save The Queen" be played? Why not the Brabham flag be flown and so on?

Country has absolutely nothing to do with it.

And while I am against government using taxpayers money, the British government does not even want to support the grand prix at the risk of Britain losing the race!

And people still want to pretend that f1 teams represent a country? Baloney!

call_me_andrew
24th July 2009, 03:45
I don't know if you've noticed, but the Formula One Champion is the World Driver's Champion. The series has enough international respect to have it's winner be declared a world champion. But the FIA also observes the nationality of drivers and teams which makes it as much of an international championship as a world championship.

If you need me to elaborate on the difference between a world championship and an international championship: A1GP is an international (as in nation vs. nation) championship, but due to the current level of talent participating, no sane person would call it the world championship.

Tazio
24th July 2009, 04:25
So use an IPod to play the anthem when you think its appropriate :-]

Honestly, really what does a country have to do with it?

Brabham in the 1970's - 80's - for example - was owned by a Brit [Bernie], the name was Australian and it was founded by Australians Brabham and Tauranac, the designer was South African [Murray] and it was constructed in Britain for convenience of course.

Exactly why should "God Save The Queen" be played? Why not the Brabham flag be flown and so on?

Country has absolutely nothing to do with it.

And while I am against government using taxpayers money, the British government does not even want to support the grand prix at the risk of Britain losing the race!

And people still want to pretend that f1 teams represent a country? Baloney!
Some of us "children of a lesser god" actually have welling emotions. We are flawed with the inescapable, irrational, indefensible shortcoming that for a reason that lacks logic, are moved by the spontaneity that is the fabric of the stuff that dreams are made of. I feel sorry for anyone that can't appreciate this simple unrehearsed, exhibition. Those that posess the greatest defense mechanism, an angry quarrelsome, pitiable view of life, losing the ability to enjoy life as it comes, in the moment, I see through the facade of calculating self-centered unhappy cynicism.
For the record I submit the following excursion into a meaningless forum for the express purpose of demonstrating that there are those of us that appreciate the value of having a genuine persona.

S9JHe7QOGac

Rusty Spanner
24th July 2009, 13:40
Well looks like I'm going to be the first (and possibly only) person to say that I mostly agree with Sainte Devote.

Playing the national anthems for winning drivers and teams does seem a little out of place to me. The drivers compete as individuals against one another and whilst they represent their home country they don't compete for their home country. Then on the constructors side it gets even more muddy because teams are so multi-national in their workforce and suppliers. Because a teams nationality is decided based on through which national sporting authority it files its entry things get even more muddled.

My problem is I'm not sure what you replace the national anthems with.