PDA

View Full Version : PT's blog...well worth the read

SarahFan
13th July 2009, 15:14
http://www.racer.com/2009/07/paul-tracy-blog-july-12-thrillas-still-got-it/

I’m a badass racing mofo

:+

thats what i want to see and hear in a racer......

Hoop-98
13th July 2009, 15:21
http://www.racer.com/2009/07/paul-tracy-blog-july-12-thrillas-still-got-it/

I’m a badass racing mofo

:+

thats what i want to see and hear in a racer......

Pretty cool, don't tell him Graham was first in the 62's lol...

rh

garyshell
13th July 2009, 16:48
"Thrilla from West Hilla (he sure ain’t vanilla)"

Nothing else need be said.

Gary

chuck34
13th July 2009, 17:41
Why does he call him Conweasel?

jimispeed
13th July 2009, 18:06
Why does he call him Conweasel?

Because he's PT!!

I sure enjoyed seeing him fly up through the field! Let's hope for the best for him!

chuck34
13th July 2009, 18:07
Because he's PT!!

I sure enjoyed seeing him fly up through the field! Let's hope for the best for him!

Any underlying reason though? I don't remember Conway doing anything to PT, but maybe I missed it.

SarahFan
13th July 2009, 18:09
Any underlying reason though? I don't remember Conway doing anything to PT, but maybe I missed it.

I think he addressed it on an earlier blog....try clicking the link and see if they have an archive..

*I'd do it but gotta go to work

you all have a nice day

Anubis
13th July 2009, 21:55
Interesting blog. Kind of makes PT sound like an egotistical cock to be honest, but the flipside is he certainly added some excitement and had a damn good drive going. I'd rather he was in the series than not, if only so I have a pantomime villain I can love to hate :)

nigelred5
13th July 2009, 23:50
Interesting blog. Kind of makes PT sound like an egotistical cock to be honest, but the flipside is he certainly added some excitement and had a damn good drive going. I'd rather he was in the series than not, if only so I have a pantomime villain I can love to hate :)

Egotistical Cock? PT? Naaaaah ;)

Give that man a ride!!!!

drewdawg727
14th July 2009, 00:10
Does anyone have a clip of him making all these moves on the first lap? I think that could be interesting to watch.

NickFalzone
14th July 2009, 00:39
The only other clip I saw of PT was when he smoked his tires to get around Conway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhc8WSp3kO4

TURN3
14th July 2009, 01:22
Does anyone have a clip of him making all these moves on the first lap? I think that could be interesting to watch.

No, they were busy showing Power drive through the runoff and Briscoe limp around to the pits unfortunately.

drewdawg727
14th July 2009, 16:21
Completely OT - but I just watched this clip that was on the right side under "related videos" and Danica is LUCKY that she did not break a wrist or something. Look at the wheel doing work on those hands of hers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwg6p5Anq4&NR=1

NickFalzone
14th July 2009, 16:25
Why were her hands even on the wheel? She was going right into the wall. You're right she's lucky she didn't break her wrists. Also OT but someone in the NASCAR forum said she was at Stewart Haas recently signing autographs. I really think this is the last season she'll be fulltime in IndyCar.

drewdawg727
14th July 2009, 16:29
....will DaniFan go with her?

drewdawg727
15th July 2009, 19:20
DF - I think I might look over at the NASCAR board next year and watch you post the same nonsense here that Danica is going to win every week in NASCAR. I wouldn't be surprised if they "burned you at the stake".

V12
17th July 2009, 09:33
....will DaniFan go with her?

Well I'd guess she would, although if single seater drivers of the calibre of Franchitti and Villeneuve can't hack it over there, and Allmendinger and Hornish aren't exactly making headlines either, I doubt Danica would last long anyway, since I don't watch NASCAR that would be a shame :(

Do NASCAR cars have power steering?

Anyway back on topic, I actually liked this blog, big headed people who even occasionally refer to themselves in the third person are a pet hate of mine but he has a certain style that seems to carry it off. He also scored bonus points for his tongue-in-cheek dig against another pet hate of mine:

It took a long time for the tires to come in on the – sorry for sounding like a NASCAR driver here – Ontario Honda Dealers WoundedWarriors.ca No.15 KV Racing Technologies car. (Yeah, the tires took even longer than it takes me to write my car’s name.)

Marbles
17th July 2009, 13:44
Do NASCAR cars have power steering?

Yes, they do.

Anyway back on topic, I actually liked this blog, big headed people who even occasionally refer to themselves in the third person are a pet hate of mine but he has a certain style that seems to carry it off.

Don't like the chest thumping, ego garbage either but I see your point. I think why some give PT a pass on this is because he isn't half as witty as he thinks he is.

Using CTRL+F I found a few references to Conway in the Milwaukee race but it's not clear what he may have done to PT. Did he pull some boner move there? Does it have something to do with the ride Conway has?

Nem14
17th July 2009, 15:35
Completely OT - but I just watched this clip that was on the right side under "related videos" and Danica is LUCKY that she did not break a wrist or something. Look at the wheel doing work on those hands of hers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwg6p5Anq4&NR=1

Ya, I watched it too, but came to an entirely different conclusion.

She regrips the wheel at 18/19 secs into the video and made sure her thumbs were outside the spokes. She protected her hands, thumbs, wrists AND tried to minimize damage to the car. That's a pro driver right there.

She's really a lot better than many give her credit for.

drewdawg727
17th July 2009, 16:46
Ya, I watched it too, but came to an entirely different conclusion.

She regrips the wheel at 18/19 secs into the video and made sure her thumbs were outside the spokes. She protected her hands, thumbs, wrists AND tried to minimize damage to the car. That's a pro driver right there.

She's really a lot better than many give her credit for.

You really can't protect your wrists in an accident like that. Thumbs, yes....wrists no. The wheel gets ripped right out of your hands and your wrists are toast.