NickFalzone
10th July 2009, 16:34
I expect new IRL ownership by the end of 2010

Good for you.

SarahFan
10th July 2009, 16:38
Good for you.

I take it you dont?

if it is do you think it will be a bad thing?

NickFalzone
10th July 2009, 16:42
Nope. Not saying that new ownership would be a good thing or a bad thing, I just don't think it's going to happen. For me to "expect" it to happen, I'd need a lot more evidence both in the press and from Hulman George directly. Speculation at best right now, and everything I've read points to an IRL with the current ownership for at least 3-4 more seasons. For better or worse.

SarahFan
10th July 2009, 16:46
Nope. Not saying that new ownership would be a good thing or a bad thing, I just don't think it's going to happen. For me to "expect" it to happen, I'd need a lot more evidence both in the press and from Hulman George directly. Speculation at best right now, and everything I've read points to an IRL with the current ownership for at least 3-4 more seasons. For better or worse.

why do believe the 'statements' coming from 16th and Gtown?.....heck a month ago they denied TG was out when it was clear he was?

methanolHuffer
10th July 2009, 17:53
"I have been assured by my mother that no such reduction of support or commitment is intended or anticipated," he wrote. "I can assure teams, sponsors, media and fans that our family is sincere in its commitment to the Indianapolis 500, the (IRL) and the sport."

Sincerity is not your strong suit, old boy.

Chris R
10th July 2009, 18:05
I would not necessarily expect new owners until something happens to Mari Hulman George. Notice - he was assured by his mother - not his sisters.

I think this statement is reasonably focused and sincere. He basically state he lost of power battle and elected not to further muddy the water by accepting the "bone" he was tossed (my guess is the sister probably thought they were doing him a favor or sorts...). His statement as to why he did not stay on a head of the IRL makes complete sense - whether or not it is the real reason does not matter - it is a good reason....

Anyway, time will tell - right now who knows if any of us will be solvent 12 months from now - let alone who will own the IRL....

grungex
10th July 2009, 20:47
More spin. I'm getting dizzy...

methanolHuffer
10th July 2009, 22:37
" but also and perhaps more importantly, a reorganization of our board, which would provide a structure for better governance for generations to come. "

Or, is he orchestrating a palace revolution with mom?

Interesting. I don't know how they could pull off such a coup, but Belskus and Brighton are both childhood pals of his.

Sounds pretty fantastical, but with that group, anything is possible.

A really bad primetime soap in real life - replace Ewing with HulmanGeorge and...

SarahFan
11th July 2009, 03:28
"Since our May board meeting, as requested, I have offered my advice to the board on management reorganization, but also and perhaps more importantly, a reorganization of our board, which would provide a structure for better governance for generations to come. It is my belief that, with the recent unification of open-wheel racing, the focus should be on the future rather than the past.
I am encouraged that in recent conversations with my mother and Chairman of the Board, Mari George, I learned that she also sees the wisdom of taking a forward-looking approach which will provide consistent and coordinated leadership. In the near future, I will be providing a proposal for the board to evaluate. I have been assured by the Chairman that the board will engage in appropriate dialogue, with constructive give and take."

Or, is he orchestrating a palace revolution with mom?

what a convoluted mess.... it's amazeing some 'fans' want these folks running the entire sport..... they cant even decide who should run the baking soda(or is it powder?) division....

some form of reorganization of the ownership of AOWR cant come soon enough IMO

FormerFF
11th July 2009, 03:51
He's a 50 year old man, and basically got fired by his mother? That can't feel good.

Jag_Warrior
11th July 2009, 09:03
He's a 50 year old man, and basically got fired by his mother? That can't feel good.

That's both sad and funny at the same time.

Mark in Oshawa
11th July 2009, 15:16
Pathetic is what I would say. I said it before, I wish like hell all of this had went down 15 years ago before he started this bun fight. A little late now ladies.....

Chaparral66
11th July 2009, 16:23
"Fired" is a bit strong, but maybe more like "outmanuevered" by his sisters more likely...

Mark in Oshawa
11th July 2009, 17:56
"Fired" is a bit strong, but maybe more like "outmanuevered" by his sisters more likely...

He was fired. Put any spin on it you want, but 2 months ago he was running the IMS and IRL and now he runs neither, and he objected to how it happened. That says "Fired" to me...

methanolHuffer
11th July 2009, 19:17
Of course he would have no problem spending another $500 million or more - if it was up to him alone.
At 50 years old he has not really built anything that can stand on its own. He has spent big coin to put things into that place - but anyone with a big wallet can do that.
I wonder if we'll even see him at the races after this season.

jimispeed
15th July 2009, 06:15
That's both sad and funny at the same time.

I'll tell you what's sad......

This whole situation may have been very different if KK and Co. had held out instead of throwing in the towel. We would probably have a true merger right now, instead of regurgitated, slightly better IRL.

I wish there would have been a true merger.