PDA

View Full Version : Khalid Al Qassimi !?

alleskids
18th February 2007, 09:30
Khalid Al Qassimi was to be competing in Rally Norway, but I can not find him in the results. Could Prodrive not have the equipement in time, or could Al Qassimi not full fill the financiel agreements ?
It started with big excitement, a Middle East Rally team, ready for the battle of the Arabs in Jordan Rally 2008, set up with Arab oil money, with the help of European knowledge.

GigiGalliNo1
18th February 2007, 09:53
he is competing in ME Champs this weekend!
:D
Anywhere where I can see/find/watch coverage? :p

alleskids
18th February 2007, 11:48
So he is giving up the plans to run a WRC team, or at least compete himself ?

GigiGalliNo1
18th February 2007, 12:05
I do not know but was looking forward to him competing but maybe he would of done badly in NOR as it's not his type of surface so not risking it!

JAM
18th February 2007, 14:46
Maybe now he start to understand why Mitsubishi pulled out of the project...

WRXedUSA
18th February 2007, 18:14
I recall reading that there was only one other available Mitsubishi ready on short notice and they gave it to Toni instead.

alleskids
18th February 2007, 18:31
Pons was in the second Lancer in Monte carlo, and Sweden, so that could not have been the problem. I thought that it was about the future plans that they struggled with the top in Japan.

WRXedUSA
18th February 2007, 18:35
Sorry, I meant Pons and Garde in Norway.

[WRCRR]
19th February 2007, 07:06
Al-Qassimi was entered in Subaru anyway for Norway, and the word is that Prodrive couldn't prepare a car/cars for him on this short notice, and there was also the ME-championship round this weekend so Al-Qassimi optioned to participate there. He should be beginning his 2007 WRC campaign from Portugal, the entry list is supposed to be published today so we will see soon...

JAM
20th February 2007, 17:37
]Al-Qassimi was entered in Subaru anyway for Norway, and the word is that Prodrive couldn't prepare a car/cars for him on this short notice, and there was also the ME-championship round this weekend so Al-Qassimi optioned to participate there. He should be beginning his 2007 WRC campaign from Portugal, the entry list is supposed to be published today so we will see soon...

I think Al-Qassimi is not on the list on Rally of Portugal...

[WRCRR]
20th February 2007, 19:13
I think Al-Qassimi is not on the list on Rally of Portugal...

Well, then there really seems to be something wrong with his programme. Might we see him in Italy then, perhaps?

jso1985
20th February 2007, 19:40
Seems like he dropped is program altogether
or maybe is waiting to get a decent car after summer