PDA

View Full Version : Power is back

Scheckterfan54
3rd July 2009, 15:28
Will Power will return for 5 races beginning at toronto. He will be in a Penske Truck Rentals number 12. He will also be at Edmonton, Kentucky, Infinion, and Homestead. This had previously been announced, just not confirmed with sponsor/and race tracks.

DanicaFan
3rd July 2009, 16:08
Yes, this was confirmed back on June 20th. I posted it on other forums I go to. Penske announced these races back in June. Penske was your confirmation then. ;)

SarahFan
3rd July 2009, 16:11
penske truck rentals...hmm

i wonder why not verizon?....probably getting ready to announce there title sponsorship I suspect

NickFalzone
3rd July 2009, 16:18
Verizon title sponsorship?! That would be great, but I haven't heard anything about that. In fact I even heard it rumored that the Verizon sponsorship on Power's last race(s) was simply a favor by Penske from his NASCAR side, that it wasn't actually an IRL car sponsor. That was a rumor though, no idea if it's true. The Penske Truck rentals sponsorship tells me that Roger couldn't even find a decent enough sponsor to run the 12 and basically is paying this out of his pocket. He likes the ad opportunity it brings, but it's Penske sponsoring Penske. That's not a great sign for league sponsorship if Penske can't even find sponsors.

harvick#1
3rd July 2009, 16:27
hes gonna drive the big yellow blob :laugh:

glad to see Will back he deserves the seat