PDA

View Full Version : Watkins glen race weekend thread...

SarahFan
3rd July 2009, 00:00
http://www.versus.com/indycartrackpreview

^Vs is doing a good job with the virtual laps... and they sure are more interesting on the Road coarses...

thoughts out there on this weekend?

how will PT fare?

who will challenge for the top of the grid?.... the four red cars I'm sure... kannan?... Rahal? Doornbos?...Wilson?...matos or moreas?

anyone else have any thoughts or predictions for this weekend?

*i'll be floating down the green river soaking upm the sun with 44 of my closest friends... so Tivo and a Wed viewing will have to do...

hope its a great race

FormerFF
3rd July 2009, 02:37
For the grid, I can see Rahal, Doornbos, and TK challenging the red cars for a top five spot, and who knows, maybe Matos. But I still see a Penske or Ganassi car taking the checkered.

TURN3
3rd July 2009, 03:51
This thread shall be considered the the "Official" Watkins Glen race thread!!!!

I don't care about anything except we get to see PT rock 3 races in a row. Go get 'em!! PT's twitter says they are talking with CDW about next year. Maybe along with Monster, Geico, etc. they can put something together. But I'll take July for now.

TURN3
3rd July 2009, 19:20
4th of July weekend and no Friday action sucks! I'm anxious to see some real skill racing on the road course.

TURN3
4th July 2009, 16:32
Interesting to see Tracy and Doornbos so far back with teammates so far to the front. I know they've neither seen this track before but that is quite a difference for 2 guys with that much talent. They have some pretty slow drivers in front of them.

TURN3
4th July 2009, 20:31
I'm shocked PT didn't fair better with such a quick car. Maybe he can Danica his way to the front tomorrow with some good luck and pit strategy. Hope all that rust is knocked off by Toronto.

Chaparral66
6th July 2009, 02:27
I'm shocked PT didn't fair better with such a quick car. Maybe he can Danica his way to the front tomorrow with some good luck and pit strategy. Hope all that rust is knocked off by Toronto.

I think PT will be plenty motivated for Toronto.

Mark in Oshawa
6th July 2009, 07:46
PT was motivated but his rust caught him coming up the hill out of the hairpin in the boot. Gave it too much "welly" and spun it out.

Justin Wilson was just outstanding and god I love Dale Coyne finally getting to Victory Lane. It is the feel good story of the year for me....unless PT wins in Canada!!

Mad_Hatter
7th July 2009, 00:05
This is a little OT, but I didn't want to start a new thread about it... Did anyone else notice that Phillip Mo. managed some advertising out of the Penske-Verizon commercial. It's actually a pretty slick reach around I thought...

Chaparral66
7th July 2009, 00:18
You mean the video of Gil DeFerran getting that 100th win for Penske? Noble sacrifice using CART/Champ car Marlboro Team Penske car to do it...

ykiki
7th July 2009, 00:26
This is a little OT, but I didn't want to start a new thread about it... Did anyone else notice that Phillip Mo. managed some advertising out of the Penske-Verizon commercial. It's actually a pretty slick reach around I thought...

I noticed that too. Pretty slick.

What I find more interesting is that I barely noticed it at first since I'm now used to new "Team Penske" livery.

Of course, during a race the red/white angled paint scheme cries "Marlboro" to me. Obviously the brand image has rubbed off on me - yet I've still never felt compelled to smoke.