Jag_Warrior
2nd July 2009, 22:16
Hey, look at that... a "green shoot".

SarahFan
2nd July 2009, 23:41
green shot...?

SarahFan
2nd July 2009, 23:52
for those keeping score at home... season to date..

.87 YTD avg with Indy
.42 YTD avg sans Indy

NickFalzone
3rd July 2009, 00:23
This is just my personal feeling, sponsors etc. may feel otherwise. But what I'm interested in is not comparison's of VS with last year's races, or the 09 season's ABC broadcast races, but how well the VS races are doing themselves comparatively from week to week. Is there a general trend upwards through the season. So this .22 rating, if true, is disappointing because it shows that at least so far, VS is not growing its audience for the IRL. I've said many times before, and I'll still say it, that you can't very fairly judge the VS broadcast deal on a single season, you need to give it a couple seasons to judge whether it worked or not. But so far, one cannot say that it is doing particularly well. I do wonder if the quality of the racing is to blame, because obviously Richmond was a terrible race. This could be determined if ratings were provided from different segments and if they precipitously dropped as the race went along. That being said, a .22 is a fairly awful rating, especially when you compare it to the VS Texas race which got a .5. And the .5 itself was not all that great.

peasant
3rd July 2009, 03:52
I assume that's an average? Cos I can bet you the viewers at the end of the race would have been a fraction of those at the start. That race was abysmal.

What was richmond last year?