PDA

View Full Version : Rai Rai Rai !!!!

A.F.F.
1st July 2009, 15:57
I just wanted to inform that after this already started nightshift at work, tomorrow morning 8 am I'm starting my 5 1/2 weeks vacation :bounce: :bounce:

Me very happy !!!! :D

Camelopard
1st July 2009, 17:23
I just wanted to inform that after this already started nightshift at work, tomorrow morning 8 am I'm starting my 5 1/2 weeks vacation :bounce: :bounce:

Hurumph, this is my first night shift back at work after 4 weeks holiday, so I'm not very happy :( .

On a better note I have only 285 days to go until I can retire, that thought makes me very happy...... :)

Roamy
1st July 2009, 17:48
Cameltoe - no wonder your so crotchety you are a old F_

Camelopard
1st July 2009, 17:51
Cameltoe - no wonder your so crotchety you are a old F_

Gettin' far too old for nightshift, that's for sure........... :)

Now where is my cup of coffee?

GridGirl
1st July 2009, 18:05
I don't even get 5 and a half weeks vacation in the entire year. I was happy this month When I got an extra days holiday due to completeing three years service. That brings me up to a grand total of 21 days plus bank holiday. Usually three of four of those days i have to take over the Chrismas period as the office is shut. I've only managed to have a complete week off twice with the exception of chrismas two times in the last three years. Anyone want to swap jobs and holiday with me? I'd kill for four or five weeks off in a row.

A.F.F.
1st July 2009, 18:44
Camelopard, you know that I have the highest amount of respect to you but that nick Fousto's given to you.... Hilarious :D

Camelopard
1st July 2009, 18:49
Camelopard, you know that I have the highest amount of respect to you but that nick Fousto's given to you.... Hilarious :D

Yeah it's funny, but a camelopard is actually a giraffe, people thought giraffes were a camel lkie animal with leopard like markings.

When I get round to it, I'll change it again, maybe something like crotchety old fart.

My nightshift ends in 3 hours 19 minutes, how long have you got to go?

But I have to come back in tonight, :(

A.F.F.
1st July 2009, 19:32
My nightshift ends in 3 hours 19 minutes, how long have you got to go?

We do 15 hrs long nightshifts starting at 5pm to 8am and it's 9.30pm here in Finland so it's about 10 and half hours left. But I don't have to come back here till some day after 9th of august :D

race aficionado
1st July 2009, 19:32
Again, you guys are so fortunate to have those looooong vacations.

I can't wait to retire so that I can actually take a decent one. :mad:

Well , enjoy yours.
:s mokin:

A.F.F.
1st July 2009, 19:33
Oh and as you can all see, I'm really busy at the moment :D

Thanks race :)

Camelopard
1st July 2009, 19:47
We do 15 hrs long nightshifts starting at 5pm to 8am and it's 9.30pm here in Finland so it's about 10 and half hours left. But I don't have to come back here till some day after 9th of august :D

15 hours!!!!!!!!! 12 hour nightshifts are bad enough! I hope you can catch a few zzzzz's in that time.

I'm curious to know what your roster is, we work the usual 2 days, 2 nights followed by 4 off, although the first day off is a sleep day.

Gridgirl and Race don't you even think about retiring sometime soon, someone has to keep working to pay my superanuation!

A.F.F.
1st July 2009, 20:01
15 hours!!!!!!!!! 12 hour nightshifts are bad enough! I hope you can catch a few zzzzz's in that time.

I'm curious to know what your roster is, we work the usual 2 days, 2 nights followed by 4 off, although the first day off is a sleep day.

Officially, we have to stay awake. Unofficially, we have a permission to sleep a bit.

Our roster is random. We do three weeks worklists with every second week of nights which are given our six employees. We do work in three shifts, morning, evening and night. So, basicly I can have work whatever the day is and day off whenver. :confused: All that matter is to reach the hours within the three week list.

Can you understand anything I tried to say? :p :

J4MIE
1st July 2009, 21:35
........and what better way to spend it than in the beautiful Finnish countryside :up:

I get 31 days plus 8 bank holiday days :bounce: but I had to negotiate for a few days extra ;) I would rather have the time off than extra pay, and my plan is to go away for nearly the full time next summer and make the most of it rather than several smaller trips that I'm doing at the moment.

I hope you make the most of it Jani :)

A.F.F.
1st July 2009, 22:31
Cheers Jamie, I will. :)

(7,5 hrs and counting....)

Eki
1st July 2009, 22:34
Go to work!! You're not on a vacation yet.

A.F.F.
1st July 2009, 22:39
I am working. I'm staying awake.

janvanvurpa
2nd July 2009, 05:11
I am working. I'm staying awake.

What are you allegedly doing while working?
Watching beer brew?

pino
2nd July 2009, 07:06

I hope you will enjoy every second of this vacation, see you in 3 weeks time ;)

Eki
2nd July 2009, 09:00
What are you allegedly doing while working?
Watching beer brew?
Watching dysfunctional kids brew, if I recall it right.

A.F.F.
2nd July 2009, 18:07
Not all kids we have are dysfunctional. They have just been raised by dysfanctional parents.