PDA

View Full Version : Team KR out?

ChrisS
17th February 2007, 22:32
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Feb/070215robertintervie.htm

I hope they find the money to run, it would be a shame for another team to go

fatman
18th February 2007, 00:26
yeah. reading the article on soup you have to wonder what is wrong with the whole sponsership game. I hope KR can get some cash and make it through the whole season. Maybe someone should sell a kidney?

patnicholls
18th February 2007, 00:56
Hmmmm.

It seems like one of those things where things take time - a whole season even - to filter through the system. (another being the 'Biaggi to Suzuki' rumour, which came true a year after first suggested)

KR had a lame time after the KTM debacle and could quite easily have folded after 2005, but stuck it out and pulled back last year with a great little bike, and KR jnr resurrected his career too. It's odd to see stuff like this surfacing now when they did well last season.

Obviously, I hope they make it. Their bike was great last year and this year's one looks nippy too. The sponsorship situation is utterly bizarre though, as KR says things aren't tight overall, but for teams they are.

seppefan
25th February 2007, 12:43
Welcome to WSB KR. I am sure you would get a great reception from the paddock and the fans.

fatman
28th February 2007, 15:36
I haven't seen any news on this, but some photos from the Jerez test show KRJR with a big logo on his leathers. Perhaps they found a sponsor?

jim mcglinchey
28th February 2007, 16:06
The Europsort commentry during the Jerez test said something about KR snr being fairly confident of a new sponshorship deal. The comm. also mentioned sponshorship by a chain of cut price car dealers but I cant remember if it was the in the same connection.

ChrisS
28th February 2007, 16:34
Team KR's sponsor is motorpoint.co.uk a UK car supermarket.

Kenny Roberts needs additional sponsorship to complete his budget. If you read the interview at soup from the link I posted you will see that Roberts says that the team has a sponsor and will reveal it at Jerez. But because of the cost of MotoGP their existing sponsorship deals only cover about 80% of the budget

maxu05
1st March 2007, 02:05
I think KR will find the sponsorship, and I believe he is playing the underdog card. If the team is up at the pointy end at the close of the season, they will look better than a team with big sponsors that struggles IMO.