PDA

View Full Version : Black Pudding

Hazell B
29th June 2009, 19:44
Much like Marmite, people seem to either love or hate Black Pudding.

Some are so disgusted by it they won't even look at the stuff. Personally I love it, whatever the content.

Do other countries have versions and what's the general view of the wonder that it blood and fat sausage? :facelick:

Eki
29th June 2009, 19:50
I like Black Pudding.

Here in Finland we have "verilettu" (freely translated Blood Flapjack), which is similar. My home town is also famous for it's "mustamakkara" (Black Sausage), which is a blood sausage. Very delicious eaten with lingonberry jam.

driveace
29th June 2009, 20:10
Black Pudding!!! My grandfather had 3 butchers shops in the Keighley area of West Yorkshire ,When I was 8 or 9 I used to go down to the slaughter house with my Granda and a five gallon alloy milk container to get the blood fresh as they cut the throats of the newly killed animals.To anybody who has not seen animals killed,then it is horrendous,they all know what is coming and try to escape by double ing back.At that early age I must admit I had to go outside to avoid being sick.My brother ,my uncle and my grandad all had knacker licences to kill.
We used to make Black Pudding ,Polony,Haslet,Sausage,Meat Pies,Savory Ducks and Salt Beef

Camelopard
29th June 2009, 22:12
No thanks!

steve_spackman
30th June 2009, 01:13
love it. Just as much as Haggis

Hondo
30th June 2009, 01:30
Is this the same stuff they called "monkey sh!t" or "monkey's arse paste" during WW II when it was issued in cold ration kits?

Mark
30th June 2009, 08:21
I'd rather not think of what makes it as it makes me sick. However black pudding is lovely!

A 'full English' breakfast should always consist of:
Bacon
Sausage
Fried Egg
Beans
Half a tomato (which I won't eat)
Black pudding
Fried bread

No more, no less :p

bowler
30th June 2009, 10:27
love it, but it is seriously bad for cholesterol (so I don't have as much)

Bezza
30th June 2009, 11:31
Black puddings are beautiful. Hadn't tried one until I did so accidentally - and then I loved it. My other half hates them, but then again she doesn't eat fish either - so her opinion doesn't count ;)

Mark
30th June 2009, 11:45
Black puddings are beautiful. Hadn't tried one until I did so accidentally - and then I loved it. My other half hates them, but then again she doesn't eat fish either - so her opinion doesn't count ;)

:laugh: I'll tell wor Karen that one :p

Drew
30th June 2009, 19:30
I've never tried it :p :

BDunnell
30th June 2009, 20:51
I like it, but in severe moderation.

wedge
30th June 2009, 23:59
I've seen it in the canteen for breakfast. Being on dayshift in as many years I still haven't dared to taste it!

Hazell B
3rd July 2009, 22:19
Wedge, you recommend such good Rossi v George stuff but won't try a bit of fatty dried blood sausage? :eek:

Get it down you man, it's fantastic!

markabilly
3rd July 2009, 23:09
Down south they say once you had your puddin black

you cannot go back..........

Amen

Azumanga Davo
4th July 2009, 10:54
A 'full English' breakfast should always consist of:
Bacon
Sausage
Fried Egg
Beans
Half a tomato (which I won't eat)
Black pudding
Fried bread

And spam... :D

Caroline
4th July 2009, 15:40
I like Black pudding but only when it is cooked for me. When I try and cook it myself it turns into some inedible black crumbly stuff which I can't eat. I have tried and tried but I can't get it the way I like it. One of life's little mysteries. :(

Daz
5th July 2009, 01:04
I love the stuff and is an essential part of a ful english breakfast along with mushrooms of course.

donKey jote
5th July 2009, 19:13
love marmite, love black pudding... specially the proper one: morcilla from Burgos :D

BDunnell
5th July 2009, 19:48
I like Black pudding but only when it is cooked for me. When I try and cook it myself it turns into some inedible black crumbly stuff which I can't eat. I have tried and tried but I can't get it the way I like it. One of life's little mysteries. :(

I am the same with Yorkshire pudding, though in this case it's because I simply can't seem to be able to cook the bloody thing.

wedge
6th July 2009, 01:01
I am the same with Yorkshire pudding, though in this case it's because I simply can't seem to be able to cook the bloody thing.

Baked pancakes