PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Feelgoods

call_me_andrew
28th June 2009, 06:59
I never thought I'd get sick of Motley Crue but Versus did the impossible.

SarahFan
28th June 2009, 16:42

I already knew the results so I kind of fast forwarded thru most of the race...

what did vs do to botch Dr feelgood?

DanicaFan
28th June 2009, 16:43

Huh?? :confused: You will have to explain this one a bit more.

call_me_andrew
29th June 2009, 02:49
Jack Artue kept calling tires "Dr. Feelgoods".

Dr. Feelgood is also the name of a 1989 Motley Crue album which included a hit single of the same name.

NickFalzone
29th June 2009, 02:52
Hard to believe Jack Arute would come up with an annoying catchphrase... Actually I don't remember him saying it that many times, but I did sense that the last time he said it the guys in the booth were rolling their eyes. And no offense Jack, but the "dr. feelgoods" were probably part of the passing problem.

SarahFan
29th June 2009, 03:58
Jack Artue kept calling tires "Dr. Feelgoods".

Dr. Feelgood is also the name of a 1989 Motley Crue album which included a hit single of the same name.

along with many of there other hits.......The Crue will be playing playing the Dr Feelgood album from start to finish on this summers 'cruefest'....

Gluaistean
29th June 2009, 03:59
Arute drives me crazy. The guy is a melodrama "queen". Between the Dr Feelgoods and that soppy interview with Kanaan I almost pucked. Tell me this. Has anyone ever heard a more ridiculous interview?

Questioning a man about losing his child??!!. Give me a break.

NickFalzone
29th June 2009, 04:13
Arute goes for the lazy cliches and the easy drama, though he's gotten a little better on VS this year. I thought the TK thing was fine. If you know much about Tony this year, his kid has become a very, very important part of his life. He's regularly posting notes and pictures on his Twitter about his son, and he's been very depressed lately not getting to spend a lot of time with him. Jack kind of went for the easy emotion in the piece, but I think that stuff is fine, and the IRL could use any kind of emotion or excitement it can get. That piece was more entertaining than that 300 lap race the followed. I swear Dixon looked bored out of his mind in victory lane.

And Glu, losing his child was not a great question, but Tony's answer was. It's been around 5 years since Dana died... but what they do is still very dangerous. Things are not really that much safer now than they were. Look at Vitor. And of course TK has had a couple close calls this season. Not being there for his son is a legitimate concern.

DanicaFan
29th June 2009, 05:11
I know the Motley Crue song but I didnt really pay much attention to Arute saying feelgood's on the broadcast.

And Gluaistean, I agree, asking Tony have you thought about losing your child was a very bad, poor taste question. I mean a dumb question really. What kind of response was he wanting. No one wants to or even thinks of losing a child. I am starting to ignore Arute more and more with his dumb questions.

fugariracing
29th June 2009, 06:56
I know the Motley Crue song but I didnt really pay much attention to Arute saying feelgood's on the broadcast.

And Gluaistean, I agree, asking Tony have you thought about losing your child was a very bad, poor taste question. I mean a dumb question really. What kind of response was he wanting. No one wants to or even thinks of losing a child. I am starting to ignore Arute more and more with his dumb questions.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. Arute isn't changing. That means he continues to ask stupid and ignorant questions, but keeps on going. TK's was just the latest example.

I have liked Versus's coverage this year compared to what ABC/ESPN provides but Arute isn't the reason why. He has passion and has done fine at times, but still manages to annoy with some of his comments.

I particularly didn't care for the "to finish first, first you have to finish" bit he said at Long Beach and attributed it to as he said, "the late, great Stirling Moss." Moss of course isn't dead and he didn't say that, Rick Mears I think coined it.

bblocker68
29th June 2009, 18:53
Arute drives me crazy. The guy is a melodrama "queen". Between the Dr Feelgoods and that soppy interview with Kanaan I almost pucked. Tell me this. Has anyone ever heard a more ridiculous interview?

Questioning a man about losing his child??!!. Give me a break.

I was questioning that one too. I was ready to punch his overtanned, beaver-toothed face through my monitor.

He's a D-Bag.

peasant
29th June 2009, 23:02
Arute is the only significant mistake versus has made in my mind, but he is an extremely big mistake. He's putrid.

beachbum
30th June 2009, 03:16
Jack is old enough to know that "Dr Feelgood" isn't just a name of an album. It has an older meaning. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Feelgood)

While new tires may give a feeling of euphoria and I have no doubt the slang term exists in the pits, in today's PC world Jack may have shown a tiny bit of common sense and found a different way to express the advantage of new tires. Instead, he tried to be "cute" and missed the mark. But the slang term does fit.

the bro
30th June 2009, 18:45
I almost barfed the first time he said it. What was up with the therapy session he had with Kannan, maybe that's where the Dr. part comes in. Come over to my couch, tell me how you feel.

Gluaistean
2nd July 2009, 03:13
Arute goes for the lazy cliches and the easy drama, though he's gotten a little better on VS this year. I thought the TK thing was fine. If you know much about Tony this year, his kid has become a very, very important part of his life. He's regularly posting notes and pictures on his Twitter about his son, and he's been very depressed lately not getting to spend a lot of time with him. Jack kind of went for the easy emotion in the piece, but I think that stuff is fine, and the IRL could use any kind of emotion or excitement it can get. That piece was more entertaining than that 300 lap race the followed. I swear Dixon looked bored out of his mind in victory lane.

And Glu, losing his child was not a great question, but Tony's answer was. It's been around 5 years since Dana died... but what they do is still very dangerous. Things are not really that much safer now than they were. Look at Vitor. And of course TK has had a couple close calls this season. Not being there for his son is a legitimate concern.

Nick, I like the idea of interviewing the drivers , but, the soft music and almost whispered questions and I still say (stupid and ignorant) some were out of line. He's a race car driver. He understands the dangers. He does not need puff pieces to be interviewed.

The dang light made it look more like an interrogation than an interview. Arute's inflections and stupid attempts at being cute fall flat.