PDA

View Full Version : Any japanese cars in some european/american GT champs.?

mac853
27th June 2009, 17:45
As the title said, could someone which understand so much european and american continental GT races, tell me if is possible and where to find little few japanese cars? (Instead in: Japan SuperGT, Korea GTM, Thailand Supercar, FIAGT and GT4)
Please show me some photos for my best, even can't find photos, just tell me at least the name of the: team, pilots and country of championship.

Best regards

Jag_Warrior
28th June 2009, 00:37
I know there are some Mazda RX-8's in Grand Am - this one by SpeedSource.
http://www.grand-am.com/images/content/story/11162008MillerStoryPhoto.jpg

And there are Acuras in the Speed World Challenge Series.

I think there are some privately run Nissan 350's run in various series, but I believe Nissan announced they were going to stand aside for awhile.

dj4monie
28th June 2009, 05:37

I think there are some privately run Nissan 350's run in various series, but I believe Nissan announced they were going to stand aside for awhile.

Acura (Honda) in ALMS LMP1 (Two Teams) and LMP2 (Single Team)

Acura TSX (European Accord) in Speed World Challenge along with Mazda 6's from Tri-Point, both cars are competitive and race winners, champions.

Nissan is in the FIA GT with Gigawave; a limited schedule of FIA GT races with the Nissan GTR (Skyline). The GT-R is V8 powered (assuming from the JGTC GT500 Nissans) unlike the stock twin turbo V6.

http://www.gigawavemotorsport.com/

Sounds great!

mac853
28th June 2009, 11:30

Acura (Honda) in ALMS LMP1 (Two Teams) and LMP2 (Single Team)

Acura TSX (European Accord) in Speed World Challenge along with Mazda 6's from Tri-Point, both cars are competitive and race winners, champions.

Nissan is in the FIA GT with Gigawave; a limited schedule of FIA GT races with the Nissan GTR (Skyline). The GT-R is V8 powered (assuming from the JGTC GT500 Nissans) unlike the stock twin turbo V6.

http://www.gigawavemotorsport.com/

Sounds great!
Excuse me DJ, i ask for not including FIAGT which i have mentioned in beginning, due the Gigawave's Godzilla.
And i just asked for GT car, but not for LMP cars, i saw ALMS before from streams.
About the SWC i thought is just sedan and sprint race but not really a GT and Grand Am RX8 are not new for me, instead for that news of an european driver which is raised in Japan then want to bring GTR R34 to race in US in few years ago, just because i rarely try to watch anything in this country which can't find to see through the streams, instead ALMS.

Thanks anyway for dj4monie and Jag_Warrior!

dj4monie
28th June 2009, 12:07
Excuse me DJ, i ask for not including FIAGT which i have mentioned in beginning, due the Gigawave's Godzilla.
And i just asked for GT car, but not for LMP cars, i saw ALMS before from streams.
About the SWC i thought is just sedan and sprint race but not really a GT and Grand Am RX8 are not new for me, instead for that news of an european driver which is raised in Japan then want to bring GTR R34 to race in US in few years ago, just because i rarely try to watch anything in this country which can't find to see through the streams, instead ALMS.

Thanks anyway for dj4monie and Jag_Warrior!

Then the answer is no...

Toyota is involved in NASCAR state side an F1 in Europe, there is a Toyota in a touring car series, not sure if its the Dutch or Swedish series but it's not supported by Toyota at all.

Mazda is deeply involved in American Road Racing, no sportscars only prototypes in Europe.

Honda in America gives support to Tour Cars (SWC), ALMS and sole engine supplier for IRL.

No Japanese cars in Grand Am GT, 370Z in Koni Challenge I think some Acura's, Subaru's and Honda Civics.

Sorry

mac853
28th June 2009, 16:25
Then the answer is no...

Toyota is involved in NASCAR state side an F1 in Europe, there is a Toyota in a touring car series, not sure if its the Dutch or Swedish series but it's not supported by Toyota at all.

Mazda is deeply involved in American Road Racing, no sportscars only prototypes in Europe.

Honda in America gives support to Tour Cars (SWC), ALMS and sole engine supplier for IRL.

No Japanese cars in Grand Am GT, 370Z in Koni Challenge I think some Acura's, Subaru's and Honda Civics.

Sorry
I just said GT cars in GT/endurance championships, about Toyota in NASCAR, Mazda and Acura in ALMS and Honda in IRL are not interesting in my point of view.
About Grand Am, i think you must ensure about it, there's a lot of RX8 in GT class, even Patrick Dempsey is driving it.