PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Nascar Streaming Info Thread - VOTE

JovialJooles
17th February 2007, 18:23
Hi

As there are a lot of SCSA fans that also follow NASCAR, it has been suggested that we have a sticky thread giving info about streaming Nascar coverage whilst we have a live TV blackout. The thread will be a resource for people to help them find out how to watch NASCAR when the Live TV coverage is not available.

As I am well aware that people do not like non SCSA related threads, I have decided to put it to the vote.

Quite simple - Do you want a sticky telling people how to get alternative viewing of NASCAR or not?

The poll will be open until Wednesday.

Julian

althepodracer
17th February 2007, 22:35
Nice one

Dave17
17th February 2007, 22:40
Yep, but lock it and let it drift away if we get NASN back.

althepodracer
18th February 2007, 10:34

Sadly this looks increasingly unlikely :(

Bad Actor
19th February 2007, 19:43

Rather you didn't, some of us don't want to pay for NASN.

I get excellent streams for Saturday afternoon footie after consulting a website for the details.

Unless there is an alternative place to look up Nascar links?? :)

deadsquirrel
19th February 2007, 19:49
Hi

As there are a lot of SCSA fans that also follow NASCAR, it has been suggested that we have a sticky thread giving info about streaming Nascar coverage whilst we have a live TV blackout. The thread will be a resource for people to help them find out how to watch NASCAR when the Live TV coverage is not available.

As I am well aware that people do not like non SCSA related threads, I have decided to put it to the vote.

Quite simple - Do you want a sticky telling people how to get alternative viewing of NASCAR or not?

The poll will be open until Wednesday.

Julian

As the legality of streaming must be a little dodgy, is this something to be 'adopted' so formally on the forum anyway?

JovialJooles
19th February 2007, 22:37
As the legality of streaming must be a little dodgy, is this something to be 'adopted' so formally on the forum anyway?

Oooh, perhaps we could start another thread, or have another pole! :D

jonv
19th February 2007, 22:59
A no vote from me.
Happy to have a sticky thread explaining the legal options available for watching Nascar in the UK but I don't believe the streaming approach should be encouraged, we should support channel 5 and their efforts to make Nascar available to all.

althepodracer
20th February 2007, 00:02
A no vote from me.
Happy to have a sticky thread explaining the legal options available for watching Nascar in the UK but I don't believe the streaming approach should be encouraged, we should support channel 5 and their efforts to make Nascar available to all.

Err...right!

JovialJooles
20th February 2007, 00:07
A no vote from me.

I hardly think we need a thread explaining how to switch the TV on and tune to Five. :laugh:

As far as I am aware, the streaming is not illegal. If it is, then of course, I will desist immediately. :confused:

Of course, I do hope nobody taped the programme and watched it later, as technically that is theft and in breach of copyright laws. :)

Just think if you taped it and lent it to a friend who forgot the show was on. Please don't tell me that people are buying a CD and copying it to their MP3 player. :eek:

I taped the Five show - (waiting for the Police to turn up in the early hours and arrest me) - and I emailed Five this morning to thank them for putting the show on. Not sure how else I can support them... :)

JovialJooles
21st February 2007, 22:30
Given that NASCAR is back on NASN, we will not be having the Sticky.

Thank you to all those that took part in the pole.

I'm also closing the thread.

Julian