PDA

View Full Version : Back Stabbed by FOTA

race_director
24th June 2009, 18:05
I have been so angry from the moment i heard that FIA and FOTA have come together and they are going on Honeymoon again.

So what happens to all the thinking i have done for the last 1 week. what about the dreams i had about the new series, the time taken to post in the forum? and dreams about MAX and bernie locked in loony bin?

and the icing on the cake is that MAX the p**** will stay till october . and god knows what he will do after that

Hope all this did not happen to me. Dam MAX and FOTA :(

mstillhere
24th June 2009, 18:25
I have been so angry from the moment i heard that FIA and FOTA have come together and they are going on Honeymoon again.

So what happens to all the thinking i have done for the last 1 week. what about the dreams i had about the new series, the time taken to post in the forum? and dreams about MAX and bernie locked in loony bin?

and the icing on the cake is that MAX the p**** will stay till october . and god knows what he will do after that

I don't think they are on a honeymoon again. FOTA got what they wanted. One, the FOTA members are going to be more involved in the decision process.

Two, no budget caps, and most importantly, three Mosley is out.

In principle there was nothing wrong with the FIA, it was just Mosley. So, now that he is gone (my understanding is effective immediatly), whoever will replace him would have to be someone who would be more in sync with all the players.

PS Me too I was excited about the new series, but that's how it went. :(

jens
24th June 2009, 19:30
I still want to hear about guarantees, which say that Max will be definetely out. Only time will tell whether the deal was a success for FOTA.

Mosley may be out, but if the current FIA system stays (with small automobile clubs having a majority), then really nothing will change in the future. Restructuring of the FIA should be the key here IMO. Both ACEA and FOTA demanded more transparent and objective governance.

Almeidafoto
24th June 2009, 21:00
FIA knew that without oight out of ten F1 teams the championship would have the same audience as F2 does. So they had to give away to FOTA's interests. The agrrement has been rmade but what about peace?
Max will be out, but what about Ecclestone who, indeed, is F1's cancer?

ioan
24th June 2009, 22:20
FIA knew that without oight out of ten F1 teams the championship would have the same audience as F2 does. So they had to give away to FOTA's interests. The agrrement has been rmade but what about peace?
Max will be out, but what about Ecclestone who, indeed, is F1's cancer?

With Max (hopefully) out of the way they will get rid of Bernie easily next time around if he will be still around that is.

Valve Bounce
25th June 2009, 01:35

Next time, pay more attention to me. I made it very clear there will only be ONE series next year and all the current teams will be racing.

For your penance, say 5 Hail Maries,.......................

markabilly
25th June 2009, 01:38
I still want to hear about guarantees, which say that Max will be definetely out. Only time will tell whether the deal was a success for FOTA.

Mosley may be out, but if the current FIA system stays (with small automobile clubs having a majority), then really nothing will change in the future. Restructuring of the FIA should be the key here IMO. Both ACEA and FOTA demanded more transparent and objective governance.

max can not be forced to go unless he agrees or loses the election
only reason to agree is money in his pocket, and somewhere many dollars are already shivering at the thought of maxie's cold fingers all over them

Still leaves bernei who was and is the BIGGER problem by far

woody2goody
25th June 2009, 02:43
Oh what a shame :P

dj4monie
25th June 2009, 02:45
Is this going to end up like Open Wheel in America were the Teams run the series, even if its into the ground???

markabilly
25th June 2009, 04:26
Is this going to end up like Open Wheel in America were the Teams run the series, even if its into the ground???

No, it will be run into the ground in Tony George style, just with benie boy at the helm, instead of toni

(FYI, if you ask benie he will tell you that just like the team owners, tonie ain't got hands big enough to hold his balls...whatever that means)

Valve Bounce
25th June 2009, 04:27
I can see this rationalisation into a stronger series with more money flowing back to the teams for their performance.
I can also see Bernie having a much weaker position in controlling the financial side in marketing F1, including his control of television income streams.

leopard
25th June 2009, 05:07
Why would you want to think of being back stabbed by FOTA? They have some conflicts that enforcing quality decision, signifying that we are in the state of dynamic, not static. ;)

wmcot
25th June 2009, 07:37
I think the FOTA teams got what they wanted. They have stability until 2013, a new Concorde agreement (to be written), a voice in the making of rules, and the ousting of a dictator.

I suspect there will still be some things to iron out - like the cost of running a team will return to the early 1990's level. What is the dollar amount of that cost? Will the cost be adjusted for inflation?

Now FOTA can hammer out the details, but I think the stability they have achieved in the rules will be a great cost saver and an equalizer for all teams, new and old.

If Jean Todt is the next president as predicted, we will have someone who knows what it is like to run an F1 team in recent years. He seems a lot more sane than Max. (Of course, any ruling that goes in favor of Ferrari will cause pages of responses on these forums!)

ioan
25th June 2009, 09:31
I suspect there will still be some things to iron out - like the cost of running a team will return to the early 1990's level. What is the dollar amount of that cost? Will the cost be adjusted for inflation?

I suppose they will make an adjustment for inflation, otherwise I don't see why they would be happy with the decision.
Anyway the "90s level term" is vague as it is so I'm sure there is enough flexibility involved.

Valve Bounce
25th June 2009, 10:22
I sincerely hope that we have finally seen an end to the introduction of new rules, simply for the sake of showing the President of the FIA has clout, irrespective of how unworkable the new ideas/rules might be. The introduction of new ideas under the guise of cutting costs (like KERS) which in fact cost zillions and proved worthless to F1 is a rule introduction procedure which has to be curtailed.

I want to go on record that Max's ideas towards became more and more bizarre, and it gave me the impression that he just wanted to do so to prove his position of power. Something akin to Nero, one might say.

markabilly
25th June 2009, 13:30
I sincerely hope that we have finally seen an end to the introduction of new rules, simply for the sake of showing the President of the FIA has clout, irrespective of how unworkable the new ideas/rules might be. The introduction of new ideas under the guise of cutting costs (like KERS) which in fact cost zillions and proved worthless to F1 is a rule introduction procedure which has to be curtailed.

I want to go on record that Max's ideas towards became more and more bizarre, and it gave me the impression that he just wanted to do so to prove his position of power. Something akin to Nero, one might say.
you mean like bernie's medal idea????
Or Bernie having all the races run somewhere else other than europe and north america, like in china, malaysia, dubut,instead

or maybe he just wanted a big big buy-out

Valve Bounce
25th June 2009, 13:40
you mean like bernie's medal idea????
Or Bernie having all the races run somewhere else other than europe and north america, like in china, malaysia, dubut,instead

or maybe he just wanted a big big buy-out

I think Bernie is a different kettle of fish - more smelly but different smell. No doubt, Bernie wanted to make a nuisance of himself, hoping to increase the income to his pocket. However, this last flexing of muscle by FOTA might make him quiet down a lot. Once Ferrari stuck with the other major teams, suddenly both Max and Bernie knew that there is a very serious power shift.

Suddenly, Bernie doesn't have the clout he used to have also. I don't know where he will end up, but I hope he will have very little influence over the rules, and how the whole operation is run.

And I feel the teams will get a much bigger share of the pie from now on.

ioan
25th June 2009, 14:22
And I feel the teams will get a much bigger share of the pie from now on.

I hope so, but I have my doubts still.
How will the CVC service their debt? They will have to renegotiate it with RBS, whom aren't in a very rosy situation and might send Jackie out again to make some coments like those he made a week or so ago.

BTW this is also the reason why I do NOT want to hear about Stewart being FIA president, as he's contracted with RBS who own the CVC debt over F1.