PDA

View Full Version : New F1 series at Indianapolis?

NickFalzone
23rd June 2009, 02:59
I don't have the list in front of me, but FOTA has published a 2010 race schedule that includes Indy. I would imagine the details and dates are still to be worked out, but it looked like an impressive schedule. Do you think TG has spoken with FOTA and agreed to have an F1-type series back? I guess if the money is right...

SarahFan
23rd June 2009, 03:06
I don't have the list in front of me, but FOTA has published a 2010 race schedule that includes Indy. I would imagine the details and dates are still to be worked out, but it looked like an impressive schedule. Do you think TG has spoken with FOTA and agreed to have an F1-type series back? I guess if the money is right...

also interesting is they have Monoco on the proposed schedule...

i dont follow F1 much......but this whole F1 split is really taking some shape....

ykiki
23rd June 2009, 04:23
also interesting is they have Monoco on the proposed schedule...

i dont follow F1 much......but this whole F1 split is really taking some shape....

Prince Albert stated that the Principality would host whatever series Ferrari was participating in. Since Ferrari are part of FOTA...

anthonyvop
23rd June 2009, 04:31
FOTA has NOT released any schedule.

You have been fooled by one of a myriad of fantasy schedules that are out there.

FOTA Have also Not Released a rule book or name a Director.

They haven't even come up with a name.

MDS
23rd June 2009, 13:20
Well if they have been fooled so was the Guardian

The full FOTA 2010 schedule, as published in The Guardian, is as follows:

3 March Buenos Aires Argentina Last hosted F1 in 1998
21 March Mexico City Mexico Last hosted F1 in 1992
11 April Jerez Spain Last hosted F1 in 1997
25 April Portimao Portugal Never hosted F1
2 May Imola San Marino Last hosted F1 in 2006
23 May Monte Carlo Monaco Current F1 host
6 June Montreal Canada Last hosted F1 in 2008
13 June Indianapolis United States Last hosted F1 in 2007
1 July Silverstone United Kingdom Current F1 host
25 July Magny-Cours France Last hosted F1 in 2008
15 August Laustizring Germany Never hosted F1
29 August Helsinki Finland Never hosted F1
12 September Monza Italy Current F1 host
26 September Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates Current F1 host
10 October Marina Bay Singapore Current F1 host
24 October Suzuka Japan Last hosted F1 in 2006
8 November Adelaide or Surfers' Paradise Australia Last hosted F1 in 1995/Never hosted F1

Chris R
23rd June 2009, 14:01
I am starting to wonder if the key forward for all open wheel paved racing in the world is a "unified" FOTA/IRL (or remnants thereof)... Clearly Mosley and George and not very well respected. Clearly Ecclestone is getting on in years and I suspect there is an underlying fear of who will fill his void driving some of this FOTA mess as well....

just a thought to throw out there.....

indycool
23rd June 2009, 17:09
It is interesting what is going on with F1....to the point that more than a few F1 people have participated in the Indy cars in the past and might be tempted to again if the circumstances at the right time lead to it.

SUBARUTEAM
23rd June 2009, 22:59
any split is not good for any sport - i think we all agree on that much.

the only way this thing will come good is if the FIA sanction series falls over once FOTA start their own series - and i don't see that happening.

all that will happen is that the sponsorship money will be split between the two series, and people will get confused. sound familar?

DanicaFan
24th June 2009, 05:21
Direct from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on the local news tonight (indy channel). The schedule going around the internet for FOTA is completely false and that IMS has never been contacted by anyone with the FOTA.

call_me_andrew
24th June 2009, 06:22
any split is not good for any sport - i think we all agree on that much.

The IndyCar split was pretty good for NASCAR...

UltimateDanGTR
24th June 2009, 16:53
dont count on anything guys-the split is off. FOTA and the FIA have come to an agreement-so bernie wont be interested in racing in north america if you havnt got a spare few hundred million free in these lovely financial times.

Im very disappointed by this, but ill just have to pretend that all the Indycars are F1 cars when they hit the road courses this year.

earwell.

colinspooky
24th June 2009, 16:55
No split - nothing to see here - move along - that is all .

Shame really - would have been interesting to see how that all worked out.

Jag_Warrior
24th June 2009, 17:34
The IndyCar split was pretty good for NASCAR...

*rimshot* :D

garyshell
24th June 2009, 17:56
The fat lady has sung the aria. FIA blinked. Max is stepping down. Good riddance.

Gary