PDA

View Full Version : Go Bea !! GO !!

ChicagocrewIRL
22nd June 2009, 19:17
Am I the only one or is there anyone else out there that thinks that Ana Beatriz deserves a full time ride next year? She is an outstanding driver. Congratulations

NickFalzone
22nd June 2009, 19:44
You mean IRL? She was apparently in danger of losing her Lights sponsor, or still is. She's a talented driver, but honestly take gender out of the equation and there are several, many, more talented Lights drivers that should be in IndyCar. Wade Cunningham is a prime example.

vintage
22nd June 2009, 20:47
Hopefully she'll stop making bone-head moves like at St. Pete this year and last, and on the last lap Saturday when she nearly hit Pippa and/or the wall after the caution was out.

peasant
23rd June 2009, 01:35
Am I the only one or is there anyone else out there that thinks that Ana Beatriz deserves a full time ride next year? She is an outstanding driver. Congratulations

She shows potential, but deserves? Maybe you could put cunningham in that category.

bblocker68
23rd June 2009, 16:07
Congrats to Bea on her win this weekend. I'd put her in the top 75% of the Indy Lights field. Where was Summerton? Did he lose the ride?

fugariracing
23rd June 2009, 17:49
Congrats to Bea on her win this weekend. I'd put her in the top 75% of the Indy Lights field. Where was Summerton? Did he lose the ride?

Summerton, despite a wealth of talent and speed, had no money for the last race. I know he's working on trying to put something together for the rest of the season in FIL. Pablo Donoso was slow as heck in that car at Iowa while his teammate Romancini was blindingly quick coming from 13th to 4th.

Bia's a good driver with some more room for growth and a fan favorite, she's really nice, but I wouldn't want her to get promoted just based on her gender. In a perfect world I'd want to see her, Summerton, Hildebrand and Cunningham all in IndyCar but money always talks.

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2009, 06:48
I am getting tired of seeing women drivers being hired for their gender over their talent. Only one is there on some form of talent now, and people still question THAT.

I have no idea of Ana is any good or not, never see Indy Lights on TV up here but I do know that unless she is winning races, NO she isn't ready.

beachbum
24th June 2009, 11:39
I am getting tired of seeing women drivers being hired for their gender over their talent. Only one is there on some form of talent now, and people still question THAT.

I have no idea of Ana is any good or not, never see Indy Lights on TV up here but I do know that unless she is winning races, NO she isn't ready.She now has 2 wins and was 3rd in the FIRL last year. As she herself has said, she still needs more experience, but she has proven to be a regular contender.

bblocker68
24th June 2009, 15:46
Summerton, despite a wealth of talent and speed, had no money for the last race. I know he's working on trying to put something together for the rest of the season in FIL. Pablo Donoso was slow as heck in that car at Iowa while his teammate Romancini was blindingly quick coming from 13th to 4th.

Bia's a good driver with some more room for growth and a fan favorite, she's really nice, but I wouldn't want her to get promoted just based on her gender. In a perfect world I'd want to see her, Summerton, Hildebrand and Cunningham all in IndyCar but money always talks.

Thanks fugari. I'm going to hope and pray that Peter Windsor see's the talent in Summerton and offers him a seat for USF1.

EDIT - Looks like he was fine for the weekend. He drove for Genoa Racing in NJ and won the event!! Congrats Jonathan!!!!!

drewdawg727
24th June 2009, 15:58
Summerton was at New Jersey Motorsports Park last weekend racing in Toyota Atlantic and won the race (I was there).
Frankie Muniz on the other hand......let me not get into that.

In any case, I don't know WHAT Ana was thinking FLYING past Pippa Mann like that on the last lap, that was completely disregarding the yellow flag or something, but someone could have been terribly hurt there.
IMO, I think the most talented person in the Indy Lights field right now is Mario Romancini..he charged through the grid at Indy and Iowa, and held off the AFS/AGR cars in Milwaukee, so he would be the one I would want on my Indycar team.

NickFalzone
24th June 2009, 16:57
Is Muniz that bad? I was thinking of checking the race out but Atlantics just seems very weak this season.

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2009, 19:49
Is Muniz that bad? I was thinking of checking the race out but Atlantics just seems very weak this season.

Muniz IS that bad. When he came to Atlantics at Toronto, they had about 24 entries and he was down at the back of the sheet every session. Frankie may want to be a race driver, and god love him for trying, but he hasn't got it.

This Ana might be tho...but I am skeptical. It is to be pointed out tho Danica Patrick never won at Atlantics and she has a ride in the IRL, while Katharine Legge beat guys like Charles Swolsman and the like in Atlantics and she doesn't have a ride.

beachbum
25th June 2009, 00:42
Muniz IS that bad. When he came to Atlantics at Toronto, they had about 24 entries and he was down at the back of the sheet every session. Frankie may want to be a race driver, and god love him for trying, but he hasn't got it.

This Ana might be tho...but I am skeptical. It is to be pointed out tho Danica Patrick never won at Atlantics and she has a ride in the IRL, while Katharine Legge beat guys like Charles Swolsman and the like in Atlantics and she doesn't have a ride.Actually, Legge does have a ride as a factory Audi driver in DTM for the past 2 years.

drewdawg727
25th June 2009, 00:47

I don't think he's as talented...and I know for a fact he's not very fan friendly. I saw him walk up the bleachers and a lot of people looked his way and approached him and he just sort of blew past everyone, grabbed his girlfriend's hand, and kept walking.

fugariracing
25th June 2009, 05:48
Muniz has gotten a little better the last season-plus but it's not too hard to get top-ten finishes with only 12 or 14 cars...

I don't know his level of fan-friendliness as much as his media relations from the couple Atlantic events I've covered at Road America. He seems more at ease in that regard, still, being good with the fans is vitally important.

ShiftingGears
25th June 2009, 16:50
She is an outstanding driver.

Compared to other women drivers. If she wasn't a woman you wouldn't think she was anything special behind the wheel.