PDA

View Full Version : FOX showing brit gp right now in HD with stupid logos on screen

markabilly
21st June 2009, 20:47
Watching the race on a 63 inch high def plasma, very good picture, although it is a little gloomy with the light--appears to be in hi-def
:up:

Unfortunately it has got "fox Sport" logo almost in the middle of the screen F1 on the other corner, and all sorts of stupid stuff blocking the view and spoiling it
YUK

:down:

ioan
21st June 2009, 21:10
At least you get to see a High Definition version of the Fox Sport logo! :laugh:

Fred Basset
22nd June 2009, 00:21
Watching the race on a 63 inch high def plasma, very good picture, although it is a little gloomy with the light--appears to be in hi-def

Unfortunately it has got "fox Sport" logo almost in the middle of the screen F1 on the other corner, and all sorts of stupid stuff blocking the view and spoiling it
YUK

Very odd as i just got a tiny little "fox sports" logo on my big screen. Not in the way at all.. great picture :up:

call_me_andrew
22nd June 2009, 02:03
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the Fox Sports logo.

markabilly
22nd June 2009, 02:50
i do--
on a 63 inch plasma, coupled with the lap counter and all the crap at close to but not at the bottom, along with the "f1" logo, all of it most obvious and most distracting

At least the dumb butts were not running it across the top like they used to do on the motorcyle races

I always loved the on board shots where all you could see was the handlebars and a little bit of road right in front,,,I was always straining to see the apex of curves and so forth that should be visible except for the streaming info bar blocking the view

It is really not that bad on small screens but at 60 inches or more...... YUK

when not there, as in right before and after commercials, GREAT SHOTS....

Fred Basset
22nd June 2009, 03:03
Don't bitch and moan about it just cos you have a "big" screen

On my 37" lcd it was perfect :up:

markabilly
22nd June 2009, 03:16
Don't bitch and moan about it just cos you have a "big" screen

On my 37" lcd it was perfect :up:

I don't but based on today, I will--the 63 inch new sammy plasma is great and possible to get for under 2500, so i am thinking hummm

The national geographic channel was worse, incredible camera work and scenes, all spoilt by an obvoius, stupid bright yellow flower and the words national...., all in big bright YELLOW

Fred Basset
22nd June 2009, 03:39
I'm watching NatGeo right now on my Samsung.. picture is perfect :up:

markabilly
22nd June 2009, 04:06
I'm watching NatGeo right now on my Samsung.. picture is perfect :up:

I understand, too much kool aid and that other activity will make anyone go blind

I spent too much time as a photographer not to notice such stuff

Valve Bounce
22nd June 2009, 04:31

YUK

I went to pino's chat room, got a link, and watched the race on a clean screen while chatting with Tazio, Ozrevhed, Knockie, et al, and also had the F1.com's live info showing lap sector times, gaps, and positions of all cars on a split screen.

Thoroughly enjoyable until I fell asleep :(

wmcot
22nd June 2009, 07:35
The national geographic channel was worse, incredible camera work and scenes, all spoilt by an obvoius, stupid bright yellow flower and the words national...., all in big bright YELLOW

Are they racing on the National Geographic channel, too? :)

Valve Bounce
22nd June 2009, 07:40
Are they racing on the National Geographic channel, too? :)

Deer vs Cheetahs

Dave B
22nd June 2009, 08:21

That illustrates how the placebo effect applies to upscaling just as well as medicine. :erm:

Mark
22nd June 2009, 08:50
That illustrates how the placebo effect applies to upscaling just as well as medicine. :erm:

As you say upscaled SD != HD.

ioan
22nd June 2009, 09:32
I went to pino's chat room, got a link, and watched the race on a clean screen while chatting with Tazio, Ozrevhed, Knockie, et al, and also had the F1.com's live info showing lap sector times, gaps, and positions of all cars on a split screen.

Thoroughly enjoyable until I fell asleep :(

That's what happens when you chat with the boring people! :p :

Just kidding guys.

markabilly
22nd June 2009, 12:07

As you say upscaled SD != HD.

WHAT!!!
no real HD?

Oh well, I could not tell with all that stuff all over the screen

as to deer v cheetah, their podium ceremony, if applied to F1, would defintely make the race result at the end of Benrie's races, "final" :D

Mark
22nd June 2009, 12:46
WHAT!!!
no real HD?

'fraid not. F1 isn't being filmed in HD, but some places are putting out upscaled HD. The most you might get it the graphics being in proper HD overlaid on an upscaled SD image.