PDA

View Full Version : Danica hits crewman

NickFalzone
21st June 2009, 18:40
Yesterday in practice Danica had a pit incident with a crewman. Apparently he got checked by medical and is OK to work the pits today, but some bad bruising. Video is even funnier than you would think:

http://indycar.neulion.com/indy/console.jsp?catid=15&id=370 (http://indycar.neulion.com/indy/console.jsp)

harvick#1
21st June 2009, 18:44
wow!!!! she strikes again in the pits, that poor guy :(

DavePI2
21st June 2009, 21:27
I didn't get to watch the race today. I assume the commentators for the race made the usual excuses for her. After she has never made a mistake.

david

JasonD
22nd June 2009, 14:12
She probably blamed him for being there.

SarahFan
22nd June 2009, 14:19
Dont be haters folks...

Danica has a lot on her mind lately.... what with building her BRAND and all.....can she really be expected to stay 100% focused when behind the wheel?

Gluaistean
23rd June 2009, 04:39
And to think some still feel she is good.

fugariracing
23rd June 2009, 17:53
She should NOT be doing that in this day in age in her career. That's at least three pit incidents in the last year-plus of her's, hitting the Dale Coyne crewmember in Indy and the Watkins Glen faux pas last year.

Could you imagine if she did that in NA$CAR?

Jag_Warrior
23rd June 2009, 18:13
Could you imagine if she did that in NA$CAR?

Actually, yes, I could. :p

If the Danica to NASCAR fantasies ever come true, I think her crew members should wear helmets in the shape of bowling pins.

Gluaistean
25th June 2009, 22:57
Danica coming into the pits reminds me of a bull chasing a bullfighter. No one is safe even if they are over the wall.

ShiftingGears
26th June 2009, 02:22
She does this with alarming frequency.

beachbum
26th June 2009, 11:49
There is a video on YouTube. It shows she missed her marks by almost 2 feet - at a coasting speed. No wonder she can't hold her line on the track. She seems a bit lacking in "situational awareness".

POS_Maggott
26th June 2009, 17:47
can she really be expected to stay 100% focused when behind the wheel?

At 200+mph? I sure as hell hope so! Thing is, even if you're in pit road, its still kiiiiind of important that you pay attention.

Gluaistean
26th June 2009, 19:03
Can you imagine, just for one moment what it would be like fir Danica The Great running two wide, 6" apart front, back and side at 170 MPH.

UPS might step up to cover the embarrassment if you know what I mean.

garyshell
26th June 2009, 19:07
There is a video on YouTube. It shows she missed her marks by almost 2 feet - at a coasting speed. No wonder she can't hold her line on the track. She seems a bit lacking in "situational awareness".

Got link?

Gary

beachgirl
26th June 2009, 20:49
Just google "Danica Patrick Hits Crew Member". (You'll probably get multiple choices on this one.) Or go to the IRL site, go to multimedia, and pick the Indycar video of it on the right hand side.

Chaparral66
28th June 2009, 06:03
What gets me is that over in the NASCAR thread, people are throwing stones at Jeremy Mayfield over what he alledgedly might have taken in meds, (perscribed by his doctor according to him) and the possible danger he poses on a race track. Danica does this, as she has several times, presumably sober. Wonder what they would say about this? :confused: