PDA

View Full Version : btcc hospitality ideas

GRAVETT
17th February 2007, 13:41
hi all,
im looking for peoples on opinion on vip hospitality for btcc events.
we currently offer vip hospitality packages at f1 testing and grand prix as well as new for 07 moto gp, british/world superbikes.
with the growth of the btcc we are tempted to move into the btcc arena but maybe you guys could help by expressing what interest if any you would have in purchasing such an item.
we would run it as we do for the f1, paddock pitlane access, center parking passes. hospitality suite 3 course luncheon, drinks throughout the day and if we can arrange it tours of the pit garages with some of the teams.
any help would be greatly recieved or if you have any suggestions of what we could offer in the package too let me know.

captin 1 VXR
17th February 2007, 17:27
gravett . one think pepole would like is not having to drive to a btcc meet . so maybe mini buses from a local train station . . only my idear and what do i know

GRAVETT
17th February 2007, 17:45
thats an idea already being knocked around here. if its a financially viable idea we will take it further

Funks
17th February 2007, 17:52
In terms of the general punter, I don't think there is much of a market for hospitality at BTCC. Potential & existing sponsors / family and friends of drivers - yes - I think they'd be interested. However, I don't see that the average spectator is going to be willing to fork out twice, three or even four times the regular admission price. Are there going to be enough people to want to do that per event to make your idea financially viable for you?
Depends on your overheads I suppose.

Les
17th February 2007, 19:25
to me the whole race day is so full of racing that there is no time for a 3 course meal and drinks. I think you are still thinking of the sponsor type of person who is just as likely to watch the racing on the box in the suite rather than trackside.

captin 1 VXR
17th February 2007, 21:00
i don t know maybe if a couple of old drivers where on hand for q and a sesions .

nicemms
17th February 2007, 21:03
It wouldn't work for me. I like most people like to sit on the grass bankings and watch from there while eating a picnic. Hospitallity would make it too expensive.

This is only my opinion so it may work for others.

thompp
17th February 2007, 23:41
Anything that would be good for photography! centre parking, pitlane/ paddock VIP passes, accredited photographer so you can get in the best track-side posiitons (eg special weekend only £5m indemnity insurance package)

Marc W
17th February 2007, 23:54
Anything that would be good for photography! centre parking, pitlane/ paddock VIP passes, accredited photographer so you can get in the best track-side posiitons (eg special weekend only £5m indemnity insurance package)

Everything that he just said! :D

Iain
18th February 2007, 23:52
to me the whole race day is so full of racing that there is no time for a 3 course meal and drinks.

There definitely isn't. We had SEAT hospitality at Knockhill last year and the lunch was crammed into the break between the 1st and 2nd BTCC races. And even that wasn't enough time to have it all. We only had time for our starter and the main meal didn't arrive in time, so we had to leg it before then, meaning we missed out on profiteroles for dessert, something I think Suzy is bitter about to this day. ;) :p :

suzy m
19th February 2007, 18:45
...meaning we missed out on profiteroles for dessert, something I think Suzy is bitter about to this day.

I most certainly am. :mad:

Part of the problem with the SEAT hospitality was the lack of staff serving the meals. I'd give them another chance to get it right tho. ;)

fabricator/61
19th February 2007, 22:52
Corporate hospitality is for the big boys with the big bucks, F1, Wimbledon,Horse racing and Henley regatta!! BTCC has it but it is provided by the teams themselves as a way of thanking their suppliers etc.

Les
20th February 2007, 13:47
what would be interesting is hospitality that included a very nice picnic hamper and bottle of wine. Now I could cope with that :)

Mark
20th February 2007, 14:00
However, I don't see that the average spectator is going to be willing to fork out twice, three or even four times the regular admission price.

For the packages I've seen, it's more like ten times.

I've been in the VIP hospitality at Knockhill a few times now, and it does make for a more relaxing day, after all you have your own seat with table, inside in the warm :D . If it is worth the money, is for you to decide! I would think there are better things to do with £200.