PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Vettel

ioan
21st June 2009, 14:24
Just like Schumacher used to do it!
:up: :up: :up:

yodasarmpit
21st June 2009, 14:25
The lad done well, although we only seen about 3 of his laps, he was that far in front.

ShiftingGears
21st June 2009, 14:32
Would've been interesting had Webber not been baulked by Barrichello.

ioan
21st June 2009, 14:33
Would've been interesting had Webber not been baulked by Barrichello.

Maybe when he learns to qualify better in a lighter car! :p :

F1boat
21st June 2009, 14:37
Congratulations for Seb for a perfect race and for Red Bull, really very good car. Time will tell whether they are better than Brawn now, or Silverstone for them is what Hockenheim was for Williams in 2001.

pino
21st June 2009, 14:42
What a perfect weekend for Seb :up:

markabilly
21st June 2009, 16:33
now if he only learns how to pass.............

Sonic
21st June 2009, 18:29
And his first win in the dry proving the doubters wrong. However on ultimate pace he has pehaps a tenth on Webs so either everyone has to up their opinion on Mark or comparrisons with Shumi are premature.

gloomyDAY
21st June 2009, 19:35
Yes, where are the naysayers?

I guess this one trick pony decided to learn a thing or two.

now if he only learns how to pass............. :rolleyes: Right.....

Your old age is chipping away at your memory.
I guess you don't remember the last lap of Brazil '08.

ioan
21st June 2009, 19:47

They ran for the woods! :D

Vettel not having won a dry race was their last argument to bash him, now there is nothing left so they are ducking it.

BTW, there are not many who like the young guy judging by the lack of accolades! I wonder why is that.

gloomyDAY
21st June 2009, 19:53

Vettel not having won a dry race was their last argument to bash him, now there is nothing left so they are ducking it.

BTW, there are not many who like the young guy judging by the lack of accolades! I wonder why is that.They hate Germans?

ioan
21st June 2009, 19:57
They hate Germans?

Possible. However I'd rather say that they only love the queen's humble servants! ;)

markabilly
21st June 2009, 20:21

I guess this one trick pony decided to learn a thing or two.

:rolleyes: Right.....

Your old age is chipping away at your memory.
I guess you don't remember the last lap of Brazil '08.

naw, it is just the drinking, but that was it the pass on trulli --opps Glock (?)that everyone made that gave the wdc to ham,

maybe it was a little earlier than that or is it just the booze????

Besides ham said that it was only because the tires were bad on his car that sv could do it, otherwise, it would have been a no can do...or so ham said and i always beleive ham whatever he says...

woody2goody
21st June 2009, 21:21
And his first win in the dry proving the doubters wrong. However on ultimate pace he has pehaps a tenth on Webs so either everyone has to up their opinion on Mark or comparrisons with Shumi are premature.

Also, Webber, after all this is only 3 and a half points behind Vettel. Red Bull cannot choose Vettel as number one with such a small lead over Mark.

Great drive from Sebastian, he was absolutely peerless.

ioan
21st June 2009, 22:42
Where's Garry?! :p

AJP
21st June 2009, 23:45
Maybe when he learns to qualify better in a lighter car! :p :

If his lap was not hindered by Raikkonen, then he may well have got pole position...I don't think Mark needs any tips on qualifying from you ioan..

AJP
21st June 2009, 23:46
Massive Congratulations to Sebastien Vettel..

I faultless race from start to finish...

Great to see him win in the dry and also, Red Bull now a serious threat to the Brawn GP cars...

ioan
22nd June 2009, 00:05
If his lap was not hindered by Raikkonen, then he may well have got pole position...I don't think Mark needs any tips on qualifying from you ioan..

Maybe, maybe not, anyway he failed! :p

woody2goody
22nd June 2009, 01:48
Where's Garry?! :p

:D Nowhere to be found, how strange...

ShiftingGears
22nd June 2009, 03:06
The Schumacher comparisons are frankly ridiculous, what sealed the win for him was the fact that he wasn't stuck behind anyone. Besides that, there wasn't much to seperate Vettel and Webber.

gloomyDAY
22nd June 2009, 03:23
The Schumacher comparisons are frankly ridiculous, what sealed the win for him was the fact that he wasn't stuck behind anyone. Besides that, there wasn't much to seperate Vettel and Webber.Yeah right! Webber had the advantage coming into qualifying, but Vettel took pole, win and fastest lap. I guess nothing really separates them except for championship points.

I do agree with you that the Schumacher parallels are ridiculous.
Vettel has 'kept his feet on the ground' and works very hard for those results.

stevie_gerrard
22nd June 2009, 10:40
Just like Schumacher used to do it!
:up: :up: :up:

spot on, and did anyone see the "Schumacher" leap onto the podium that he managed to sneak in as well?

Hail Schumach.... I mean Vettel :p :

Great job, keep up the good work, lets hope it gets interesting now :up:

Knock-on
22nd June 2009, 11:44
Why do people have to compare drivers to Schumacher. Give the boy a break and don't diss him :laugh:

Seriously, it was a very good weekend from Seb and well done to him.

markabilly
22nd June 2009, 12:10
Why do people have to compare drivers to Schumacher. Give the boy a break and don't diss him :laugh:

Seriously, it was a very good weekend from Seb and well done to him.
and well you say the same after he sneaks in and grabs the wdc right out from under JB :D

Knock-on
22nd June 2009, 12:24
and well you say the same after he sneaks in and grabs the wdc right out from under JB :D

It will be an amazing feat but the Red Bull has proved it is aleast a match for the Brawn so he might.

I still have my money on the Button though :D

jens
22nd June 2009, 18:43

Don't worry, arguments to bash any driver on the grid can always be found. ;) MS got bashed as well despite winning on a consistent basis.

BTW, there are not many who like the young guy judging by the lack of accolades! I wonder why is that.

There are not many? In the second half of 2008 it looked like quite several supporters emerged. But it may be true that he may not have that many "real" fans in that respect, who put him clearly as No.1 in their support list, but Vettel more likely exists in that "general sympathy list" for many people. I suspect the reason behind that may be that Vettel is not a controversial character, being a "nice guy". The Hamiltons and Alonsos of this world clearly attract more interest in people.

Besides that, there wasn't much to seperate Vettel and Webber.

Do you mean here their pace at Silverstone after Webber wasn't stuck behind Barrichello?
I suppose that after opening an overwhelming lead, Vettel didn't need to push on the limit any more. Especially as the car was so dominant that after getting past Barrichello Webber was basically safe as well and wouldn't have needed to push as hard as hell either. In attempting to analyze driver's sheer pace, it's needed to look at situations, where they have to push hard. I remember a decade ago, when McLaren was dominant, Häkkinen and Coulthard were driving together from start to finish as well, but haven't noticed anyone saying that this shows DC was as good as MH. Or like in 2002, when Schumacher and Barrichello were driving together. :D Gaps become visible in challenging situations.

schmenke
22nd June 2009, 19:04

Stupid post.

schmenke
22nd June 2009, 19:04
They hate Germans?

Stupid post #2

schmenke
22nd June 2009, 19:05
Possible. However I'd rather say that they only love the queen's humble servants! ;)

Stupid post #3

ioan
22nd June 2009, 19:36
Stupid post.

Stupid post #2

Stupid post #3

3 posts devoid of anything intelligent in a row!
Well done schmenke this must be some kindof record around here! :rotflmao:

driveace
22nd June 2009, 19:45
Good win for Vettel.I feel he wanted to get back at Red Bull for their pit strategy in the last race,where he had 3 stops and Webber only 2.
Not bad for a 21 year old !

Knock-on
23rd June 2009, 10:28
3 posts devoid of anything intelligent in a row!
Well done schmenke this must be some kindof record around here! :rotflmao:

Nowhere near. The records nearly 16,000 now :D

ioan
23rd June 2009, 12:36
Nowhere near. The records nearly 16,000 now :D

Last time I checked it said 13005! It's impossible for it to go up so much in a couple hours! :p :

ioan
23rd June 2009, 12:37
http://www.ephotozine.com/images/gallery/2009/25/normal/91909_1245697902.jpg

I Took this one of Vettel at Vale... He built up an enormous gap over the rest of the field. Well done Vettel!!

God I'm British and I'm congratulating a German! I bet it really gets up peoples noses when us Brits don't live up to the stereotype ;)

Can't see it.

PS: Managed to see it on ephotozine, very nice pic! :up:

ioan
23rd June 2009, 14:04
Cheers ioan got a fair few more going on ephotozine soon ;) , for some reason it was on here for a while but seems to be only a non working link now :confused:

It works again now.