PDA

View Full Version : Mosley to Stay at the FIA

grassrootsracer
20th June 2009, 11:24
He is seriously off his rocker. :mark:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=38242

"Despite talk last year that he would probably not stand for another term, FIA President Max Mosley now claims that in the eyes of some - mainly FIA members - it is vital he remains at the helm".

Malbec
20th June 2009, 11:26
He is seriously off his rocker. :mark:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=38242

"Despite talk last year that he would probably not stand for another term, FIA President Max Mosley now claims that in the eyes of some - mainly FIA members - it is vital he remains at the helm".

I've thought for a long time that all these confrontations with the F1 teams have only one aim in mind, to keep Max as president of the FIA.

I can imagine his entire campaign runs along the lines of 'you need a tough guy like me to keep these nasty teams in line.' Hence it serves his interests to have a perpetual conflict going to make himself look needed. After all in just about every confrontation the teams and the FIA have wanted to do the same thing whether it be to cut costs, make F1 safer and more fun to watch or slow the cars down, in any reasonable circumstance it shouldn't be difficult to come to an agreement yet this never happens.

grassrootsracer
20th June 2009, 11:34
Article 19 of the FIA statutes states:

"The President of the FIA, the 2 Deputy Presidents, the President of the Senate and the 5 members of the Senate other than the members by right, and the Vice-Presidents of the FIA shall be elected for 4 years in accordance with Article 9-4 of these Statutes. They shall be eligible for re-election.

The President of the FIA will choose, after his election, the World Council which he will personally chair. The appropriate deputy President will chair the other World Council. In the absence of the President of the FIA, the deputy President for the World Council which the President chairs will chair it.

The President of the FIA will assign missions and delegate specific responsibilities to the Vice-Presidents and to the Deputy Presidents, the latter being also responsible to him for the coordination of the activities of their respective World Councils.

From October 2005, the President of the FIA may not serve more than two consecutive terms of office, subject always to Article 12.1."

Article 12:

"If, in the course of his term of office, the President of the FIA is permanently prevented from fulfilling his duties, or if he resigns, the Senate shall convene an Extraordinary General Assembly for the election of the President alone, to be held no less than 2 months and no more than 4 months from the date of such prevention or resignation.

This Extraordinary General Assembly shall elect, for the remainder of that term of office, the President of the FIA from among the candidates that the FIA member clubs will propose to fill that position. This residual term of office shall not count as a term of office for the purposes of the last sentence of Article 19."

Nikki Katz
20th June 2009, 11:44
I think that in the case of F1 it's pretty vital he leaves as soon as possible.

CNR
20th June 2009, 12:03
why did he not take the drugs off his son
:s mokin:

jens
20th June 2009, 12:14
:rotflmao: His 'argument' of needing to stay due to "FIA-FOTA war" to settle things is hilarious!

But I do wonder, what will happen at FIA. If F1 collapses and the same happens to maybe some other FIA-series (like WTCC, if dissatisfied manufacturers decide to quit), then somehow Max has to be kicked out?! Or can he disappear only together with FIA and his series? The similarities between the actions of Hitler and Mosley are amazing... It seems Max would rather die together with F1 than give up.

AndyL
20th June 2009, 12:21
:rotflmao: His 'argument' of needing to stay due to "FIA-FOTA war" to settle things is hilarious!

Especially as apparently he is just a figurehead and isn't really responsible for any of it :laugh:

Daika
20th June 2009, 12:40
Do Bernie and Max live forever? How old are they? I'm sure combined it must be over 200.

Malbec
20th June 2009, 12:49

Is it so funny? Why else would Max continually kick up arguments over issues that could and should be solved quickly and easily? Why would teh FIA delegates keep voting for someone who has humiliated himself in public so badly? Its the only thing that keeps him electable. Notice how so many of the provocative comments and actions that prolong conflict keep coming from him as if they're designed to stir things up deliberately. He's doing it for a reason.

Knock-on
20th June 2009, 13:03
Is the FOTA v FIA war Max's Falklands?

yodasarmpit
20th June 2009, 13:08
Just watched the interview with Jake Humphrey and Max on the beeb.

MM. "There is one individual that fancies himself as the Bernie"
JH. Tell us who that is?

MM. "Flavio see's his self as the new Bernie, ......but I think Bernie would feel if he wants my business, come and buy it not just takle it."

JH. Does Flavio slip into the group you refer to as the loonies?
MM. "I should think he's associated."
JH. Who is the leader of the loonies?
MM. "I'm not sure they have got one, that is in the nature of a loonie, that you don't really have a leader, it's sort of loonies together"

He made me laugh at least.

Full interview.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8109971.stm

Sonic
20th June 2009, 14:18
Congrats Vettel, but I wonder if Kimi will get a penalty for slowing infront of webs on hanger. I haven't seen it onboard but it certainly seemed to make Marks entry earlier than he would have liked.

Also when the hell did Naka get good?

ioan
20th June 2009, 14:26
why did he not take the drugs off his son
:s mokin:

Good one.

ioan
20th June 2009, 14:27
Do Bernie and Max live forever? How old are they? I'm sure combined it must be over 200.

Max is only 69. :(

ioan
20th June 2009, 14:28
Congrats Vettel, but I wonder if Kimi will get a penalty for slowing infront of webs on hanger. I haven't seen it onboard but it certainly seemed to make Marks entry earlier than he would have liked.

Also when the hell did Naka get good?

Wrong thread.

Sonic
20th June 2009, 14:30
Yeah I see, but I didn't post it here! Weird.

AndyRAC
20th June 2009, 14:47
I think that in the case of F1 it's pretty vital he leaves as soon as possible.

I'd say in the case of WTCC and WRC he goes as soon as possible.