PDA

View Full Version : There is a positive to all this nonsense

woody2goody
19th June 2009, 12:33
I'm not enjoying what's happening with F1 entirely, however there's one great thing which we should all consider, and maybe be thankful for:

Next year, if FOTA go ahead with their breakaway series, we could have OVER 30 weekends of World Class 'Grand Prix' racing!

I hope they are dignified and put their races on alternate weekends so that the fans can watch both series.

Mark
19th June 2009, 12:34
That's what they kept saying about CART/IndyCar, and they were wrong then too.

Garry Walker
19th June 2009, 13:00
"f1" will not be world class next year. Unless by world class you mean incompetence.

AndyL
19th June 2009, 13:03
I find it hard enough fitting in F1, MotoGP, WSB, BSB etc as it is. Lucky DTM isn't on MotorsTV this year or my lawn would be chest-high by now!

Knock-on
19th June 2009, 13:25
There will only be 1 real series whether thats GP1 or F1.

It all rests on Max. If he backs down, he will have to resign as his position would be untenable. Perhaps that's what a lot of this is about?

If he doesn't ant the teams capitulate, then it will be very bad for the sport and just a delay of the inevitable.

Personally, I think there is a 70% chance that Max will privatly agree to step down in October and a public agreement will be reached.

Finally, there is about a 25% chance that there is a breakaway.

Mark
19th June 2009, 13:31
It all rests on Max. If he backs down, he will have to resign as his position would be untenable. Perhaps that's what a lot of this is about?

That's exactly what all this is about. Up until now perhaps it wasn't, but it certainly is now.

Max ain't getting out of this one.

Wilderness
19th June 2009, 13:39
History repeats itself. FIA/FOTA is no different than the FISA/FOCA war. JMB needed to go then, but it took a decade for him to get outsted by MM. MM cannot stay regardless of the outcome of this row.

Robinho
19th June 2009, 13:41
we could always have a reunification fight between Ron and Max - i'd pay per view that one

Mark
19th June 2009, 13:55
we could always have a reunification fight between Ron and Max - i'd pay per view that one

Now, Ron Dennis emerging as head of the new series. *That* would be interesting.

Knock-on
19th June 2009, 13:59
Now, Ron Dennis emerging as head of the new series. *That* would be interesting.

I can feel the blast as Tamb and ioan simultanously explode in indignation at the suggestion :laugh:

Dave B
19th June 2009, 14:56
Cue the jokes about it being a spec series as all the teams steal each others' data :p

Jag_Warrior
19th June 2009, 18:19
That's what they kept saying about CART/IndyCar, and they were wrong then too.

You beat me to it. That's exactly right!