PDA

View Full Version : I Can call the prime minister of england or any one i want

race_director
18th June 2009, 22:23
I was reading thursday press conference, i came upon one more self praising and " I AM THE GOD " sentence from Lewis

Q. (Jonathan Legard - BBC) Lewis, you talked there about pushing to keep the British Grand Prix. What, practically, can you do in your position? Are you going to buy Silverstone or buy Donington?

LH: Clearly that's impossible, that's not in the pipeline but no – Jenson wants to go halves! – we work as hard as we can, alongside the BRDC and as British drivers I think we can both, in our positions, not as role models but with our image, we can call up people we want to, whoever we want really, I think. If we want to call up the Prime Minister I'm sure we could easily! But no, I think we just want to show our support and show the importance of it. Perhaps people look at the British Grand Prix and perhaps don't realise what it would be like without it. I think we should all step back and realise what motor sport would be like without it and understand that and then take action. I think we all need to pull together and support it. I think we need support from the government, we need support from other backers, wherever we can get it and as long as we have a British Grand Prix in Formula One it will always remain a great sport to be a part of.

Every time i hear this guy open his mouth, its like a garbage dump. Jesus, when will he come down to earth and act like human. And do things that really matter, rather than boost about his power's

gloomyDAY
18th June 2009, 22:25
D'oh!

CNR
18th June 2009, 23:13
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1194066/I-ll-PM-save-Silverstone-declares-Hamilton.html

Prime Minister, it's Lewis Hamilton on the line for you.

It is simply moving to Leicester - and Donington Park, where a 17-year deal is in place from 2010

Dave B
19th June 2009, 07:38
Gordon Brown will quite happily chat to Simon Cowell about a reality show, never mind our economy being shafted or hundreds of MPs fiddling their expenses, so I don't see why he wouldn't chat to a sporting world champion.

I think it says more about Brown's priorities that Hamilton's alleged arrogance.

ArrowsFA1
19th June 2009, 07:54
I guess people would prefer Hamilton to not care whether there is a British GP or not :rolleyes:

Dave B
19th June 2009, 08:01
I was reading thursday press conference, i came upon one more self praising and " I AM THE GOD " sentence from Lewis

Every time i hear this guy open his mouth, its like a garbage dump. Jesus, when will he come down to earth and act like human. And do things that really matter, rather than boost about his power's
I think it's worth reading the whole press conference (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/6/9510.html). Lewis actually appears quite humble, having the good grace to praise Jenson honestly, joke about last year's triathlon "man challenge", and accept that his demeanor has changed as a result of his troubles.

I've said before, this tough season with all its disappointments and mistakes could be the making of Hamilton. He's still relatively young, and used to getting the world handed to him on a plate. A bit of hardship will force him to search his soul and it appears that he's willing to learn valuable lessons.

Mark
19th June 2009, 11:31
The whole problem is that we don't have a Prime Minister of England, but we do have First Ministers in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.

I know, small mistake England vs Britain, but you can open a huge can of very wriggly worms with that one :p

Knock-on
19th June 2009, 12:06
Phew!!! With all the FOTA / FIA business, I thought everyone had forgotten the Bash Lewis threads :laugh:

Normal service is restored :D

race_director
19th June 2009, 21:01
Phew!!! With all the FOTA / FIA business, I thought everyone had forgotten the Bash Lewis threads :laugh:

I am 100% dedicated on my priorities .

ioan
19th June 2009, 23:48

You still have to acknowledge that Lewy always manages to look like a tool when the conversation is about something else than balls size! :laugh:

markabilly
20th June 2009, 02:03
The prime minister should be calling on him, not the other way around....

"I understand that I might be needed Mr. hamilton?"

"Yes, gordy, cancel out bernie and maXine, schedule the brit GP back to silverstone, and while you are at it, could you bring me a cup of tea, and give me a back massage?.........Oh and by the way, I just crowned you the Prime Minister of all England, Scotland, Ireland and Australia"

"Thank you, Mr. Hamilton, Esq. OBE, WDC. Will that be all?"

"No gordie, just wait right there, I will think of something more in a few minutes.....

CNR
20th June 2009, 02:51
Australia
'fair shake of the sauce bottle mate'

TMorel
20th June 2009, 10:48
You still have to acknowledge that Lewy always manages to look like a tool when the conversation is about something else than balls size! :laugh:

Ahhhh so he *did* learn something from Alonso then !

markabilly
20th June 2009, 12:20
'fair shake of the sauce bottle mate'

Is that "shake off" or "shake Of"

Sounds to me like he just needs to get on the Kool aid and quit shaking off...

or even better, call Lewie for some advice......