PDA

View Full Version : And then there's Acura...

Mad_Hatter
17th June 2009, 22:59
With the Peugeots, Audis, and AM- Lolas all possible at Petite Le Mans and Laguna Seca does anyone see the Acuras winning either of these events? Couple their underpowered powerplants and their lack of development/motivation needed to win against the current ALMS competition it doesn't look good to me, especially so for PLM.

Then again, since when does Honda ignore the urge to fight well against their competition? Quite a balancing act. Spend as if the big names are there or have the big names cherry-pick? Maybe they have no choice, but to struggle against the stronger competition...

Thoughts?

Feel free to let me know if I'm not clear.

FIAT1
18th June 2009, 17:06
I have never gone to see a race in Road Atlanta but this year I'm going just to see the best. Can't wait.

harvick#1
18th June 2009, 17:18
I said at the start of the season, Acura will every ALMS race except for Sebring, Petit, and LS, why cause Audi and Peugeot are just better and there is not enough competition for acura when Audi and Peugeot are not there.

If Acura really wanted to see how good the car is, they should've traveled to Le Mans this year, they would've been easily invited

Mad_Hatter
18th June 2009, 23:26
They'd truly be mauled at Le Mans. They don't have the legs to run at Le Mans, the ARX-02 is downforce oriented, and if they'd have traveled this year they wouldn't have have been able to have the package sorted with the lack of practice time.