PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed for A2 Graphics Coursework

pettersolberg29
17th June 2009, 19:12
As part of my exterior design Graphics Coursework I am designing and building a new iconic feature for Donington Circuit ready for the F1 race in 2010. I've decided to do this in the form of a new bridge, hopefully becoming as iconic as the old Dunlop Bridge. My aim is to raise the profile of the track, improve its worldwide reputation etc.

If you could answer a few questions as motorsport fans, it would help with my research. Thanks:

1) Would you prefer a revolutionary, modern design, or a traditional design.
2) Would a usable bridge for human be better, or one which is not usable but is more like an art form.
3) Is there a particular place on the Donington track you think a bridge would look good?
4) Do you think a bridge is a good idea?
5) Any suggestions of existing bridges/ideas/designs you have? (link form or anything else)

Thanks in advance.

pettersolberg29
24th June 2009, 21:38
One quick question about the current Dunlop Bridge. Where was it situated on the track, and could people walk across it? I've had friends telling me contrasting stories but I'm sure people on here will know!

I know its a busy time in F1 at the moment but please spare a second. Thanks.

Mark
25th June 2009, 10:58
One quick question about the current Dunlop Bridge. Where was it situated on the track, and could people walk across it? I've had friends telling me contrasting stories but I'm sure people on here will know!

I know its a busy time in F1 at the moment but please spare a second. Thanks.

You could as I've been across it. It connected the infield to the outfield section, along the back straight, although there is nothing much to see when you get there apart from a bit grass. This is going back to 2002-3ish.

Mark
25th June 2009, 10:59
The problem with bridges over motorsport tracks is that they seem to need to be boxed in, to stop people watching from the bridge presumably. This kind of limits your design scope.

I am evil Homer
25th June 2009, 11:01
Unless it's all glass and uses a travelator so you'd have to walk backwards quickly to stay still :D

pettersolberg29
25th June 2009, 16:20
Thanks

AJP
26th June 2009, 01:30
Unless it's all glass and uses a travelator so you'd have to walk backwards quickly to stay still :D

This would be very funny to watch :)

LiamM
26th June 2009, 16:32
You could as I've been across it. It connected the infield to the outfield section, along the back straight, although there is nothing much to see when you get there apart from a bit grass. This is going back to 2002-3ish.

Pretty recently it just led straight to an entrance/exit