PDA

View Full Version : really now, a competition for that

harvick#1
17th June 2009, 16:47
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090616/ap_on_re_us/us_texting_championship

I got three words for all these people

Get A Life

I have always found life easier to say the words than to be deaf and type them out to another human being

Tazio
17th June 2009, 17:04

I got three words for all these people

Get A Life

I have always found life easier to say the words than to be deaf and type them out to another human being

Excuse me while I go vomit!
OK I'm back.
Now if it were for Sexting she looks like she may almost
make it to Des Moines :)

Easy Drifter
17th June 2009, 17:32
I think it is fairly safe to assume Wade91 did not fare very well in the competition :D .

Wade91
17th June 2009, 17:35
sounds like a pretty cool contest :D congrats to this girl! :D

Wade91
17th June 2009, 17:46
I think it is fairly safe to assume Wade91 did not fare very well in the competition :D .
you could very well be right :p although i am very familair with all the abreaveations and shortcuts and such needed for texting, probalby not just anybody can text at the speed that i'm sure that girl had to to win that :eek:

schmenke
17th June 2009, 17:55

Ntng wrg w tht.

Lousada
17th June 2009, 18:02
14000 texts a month wooow :eek:

Wade91
17th June 2009, 18:09
heres some more info about the contest

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10266271-71.html

the link tells about some of the challengs in the contest, including a trash talking emoticon :eek:

sounds like a really cool contest :D

Tazio
17th June 2009, 18:30
heres some more info about the contest

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10266271-71.html

the link tells about some of the challengs in the contest, including a trash talking emoticon :eek:

sounds like a really cool contest :D
And people wonder why Muslim Fundamentalist's reject western culture :mark:

driveace
17th June 2009, 19:14
One Word SAD!

Jag_Warrior
17th June 2009, 19:33

If I could still eat pork, they might be able to sign me up.

WTF do these people have to say, that's so important, that they have to constantly text? A friend of mine's daughter is about 14. Her hands are apparently glued to her cellphone... her thumbs move so fast they're a blur to the human eye. I like my buddy. And she's a nice enough girl. But she's dumb. I mean really dumb. If she spent half the time reading books as she does brushing her hair and sending texts, there might be some hope for her. But being as dumb as she is, what does she have to say? Nothing! She barely speaks (actual) English (that I can understand, anyway). She's texting other dumb people (they travel in packs, I hear) and they just go back & forth, saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

And in my state, they actually had hearings the other day to check into the way cell phone companies charge for text messages. F### 'em!!! Stupid people should be made to pay as much as the companies desire. If they don't like it, they can stop sending texts.

Twittering and blogging and texting and sexting (only a matter of time before my buddy's lil darling shows up on some underage Russian website, I figure). Ahhhhhh! Make it all go away! :hot:

I bet I'd look pretty cool in one of those head wraps, shaking my AK in the air. But they'd have to at least let me have a sausage biscuit for breakfast. We'll have to talk about that.

Wade91
17th June 2009, 20:36

WTF do these people have to say, that's so important, that they have to constantly text? A friend of mine's daughter is about 14. Her hands are apparently glued to her cellphone... her thumbs move so fast they're a blur to the human eye. I like my buddy. And she's a nice enough girl. But she's dumb. I mean really dumb. If she spent half the time reading books as she does brushing her hair and sending texts, there might be some hope for her. But being as dumb as she is, what does she have to say? Nothing! She barely speaks (actual) English (that I can understand, anyway). She's texting other dumb people (they travel in packs, I hear) and they just go back & forth, saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

And in my state, they actually had hearings the other day to check into the way cell phone companies charge for text messages. F### 'em!!! Stupid people should be made to pay as much as the companies desire. If they don't like it, they can stop sending texts.

Twittering and blogging and texting and sexting (only a matter of time before my buddy's lil darling shows up on some underage Russian website, I figure). Ahhhhhh! Make it all go away! :hot:

I bet I'd look pretty cool in one of those head wraps, shaking my AK in the air. But they'd have to at least let me have a sausage biscuit for breakfast. We'll have to talk about that.
whats wrong with texting? i personally perfer online chat rooms rether then using a cell phone, but you honestly think your friend waist her time reading books weather that comuncate with all her pals?

steve_spackman
17th June 2009, 20:37

:up:

Tazio
17th June 2009, 20:46
whats wrong with texting? i personally perfer online chat rooms rether then using a cell phone, but you honestly think your friend waist her time reading books weather that comuncate with all her pals?
Would you mind stating that in English :confused:

schmenke
17th June 2009, 21:34
Give it a minute Taz, he's probably txting you... :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
17th June 2009, 21:39

Yet you're on an internet forum and just typed them out! :p

Jag_Warrior
17th June 2009, 22:32

Huh?! :confused: Wade, I think you've just proven my point better than I ever could.

If she was on here, you two would probably be thick as thieves. I can't understand anything she says or writes either.

And if I was a mean person ( ;) ), I'd tell my buddy to go ahead and enroll her in dance classes now. I have a feeling that her future is going to involve some form of dancing... for $ bills, that is.

Jag_Warrior
17th June 2009, 22:39
Would you mind stating that in English :confused:

You remember the "new math"? Well, that's the "new English". Yeah, that's the future. Beautiful, ain't it? :dozey:

Go to a mall sometimes. Listen to the tweenagers talking to each other... if you can catch a pack of them not texting each other about NOTHING!!! I don't care how many languages you speak, you'll swear that you're at the Tower of Babel.

Tazio
17th June 2009, 23:51

I bet I'd look pretty cool in one of those head wraps, shaking my AK in the air. But they'd have to at least let me have a sausage biscuit for breakfast. We'll have to talk about that.Just to be clear I did say Muslim Fundamentalists, not extremist’s or terrorists. But your imagery is well appreciated.

I don't know how many of you get AMC, American Movie Classics Its on most cable providers’ basic or expanded programs in the states. Have you noticed this Commercial they air.

m_z13XymWVU

I wonder how that would play in (fill in the predominantly Muslim Country)

BTW I would not do the dykie looking redhead in the background :mad:

Unless I was realllllllllllllllllllllllly drunk :eek: :beer: :p :

Easy Drifter
18th June 2009, 00:41
See my Math joke just posted. :eek:

Tazio
18th June 2009, 02:40
You remember the "new math"? Well, that's the "new English". Yeah, that's the future. Beautiful, ain't it? :dozey:

Go to a mall sometimes. Listen to the tweenagers talking to each other... if you can catch a pack of them not texting each other about NOTHING!!! I don't care how many languages you speak, you'll swear that you're at the Tower of Babel.The New Math, yes that was something I fortunately did not have to deal with
since the old math was firmly ingrained in me. I do remember my mother, a Teacher,
being "The Grammar Police" Something I may never have thanked her for!

harvick#1
18th June 2009, 14:49
Yet you're on an internet forum and just typed them out! :p

well, what was I suppose to do, leave a voice mail :p

harvick#1
18th June 2009, 14:52
Go to a mall sometimes. Listen to the tweenagers talking to each other... if you can catch a pack of them not texting each other about NOTHING!!! I don't care how many languages you speak, you'll swear that you're at the Tower of Babel.

its more laughable when they are in a group and they text each other :laugh: now thats pretty sad as well, There is a easy way to end this crap and its all on the parents to stop paying the cell phone bill

Tazio
18th June 2009, 17:04
its more laughable when they are in a group and they text each other :laugh: now thats pretty sad as well, There is a easy way to end this crap and its all on the parents to stop paying the cell phone bill

I've suffered from Mallaphobia (not to be confused with Agoraphobia or Strip-Mallaphobia) for quite some time.
Just trying to park makes me insane(er) I do venture to the fringes now and again to shop at department stores, or go to a movie,
although I seek out these establishment where they stand autonomously whenever possible.
Now you guys tell me they have gotten even scarier, and more perverted. :eek:
Perhaps it will be good therapy for me to venture into the bowels of these ant farms.
Can you recommend any particular store, or eating establishment where I can most likely observe these odd creatures,
with their obtuse behavior? :mark: