PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport

bryst
16th February 2007, 23:39
Very frustrated with Eurosport seems they prefer to show snooker instead of WRC they cancelled the preview on Thursday night and tonights program is going to be shown 1hr 20 mins late, again because of snooker.

pino
17th February 2007, 06:38
I too am frustated, and mad at them, I've had a very busy day at work and I was very tired, but decided to wait anyway...until I fell to sleep, so I didn't see the coverage :blackeye: :mad:

White Sauron
17th February 2007, 06:59
By the way, who won? Murphy?

GigiGalliNo1
17th February 2007, 09:13
By the way, who won? Murphy?

LMAO

Jimmy Magnusson
17th February 2007, 09:35
Snooker, very captivating. Atleast the deciding frame didn't take that long. Though I didn't understand why they had to show Top 24 Clubs in between that and the rally?

bryst
17th February 2007, 11:07
Yeah Eurosport have always annoyed me with the way they operate, I understand them continuing with live broadcast but to not show the next program in order is beyond me!! Are ITV showing this Rally, I cant see it listed on sunday afternoon on any of their channels.

consti
17th February 2007, 11:09
there is nothing that can be understood, why they decided like that..oh wait i know the reason..the soccer-fans won`t wait that long, but the rally-fans are used to this...

WRC2006
17th February 2007, 11:24
Very frustrated with Eurosport seems they prefer to show snooker instead of WRC they cancelled the preview on Thursday night and tonights program is going to be shown 1hr 20 mins late, again because of snooker.

Maybe it will be again a Moto GP preview or something else. I don't belive them any more.

JAM
17th February 2007, 15:29
Yesterday i was fed up. I'm not a fan of snoocker, but after that i started to hate snooker. Is not the first, neither the second neither the third time that live snooker send WRC coverage to very late.

I think it's a lack of respect.

ste898
17th February 2007, 15:32
Eurosport is the most unorganised station in the world, programme dont start on time sometimes not at all and never any info.........

Lousada
17th February 2007, 15:41
It was pretty mental considering the football was scheduled at 1.00 and was therefore 45 minutes early. I wonder how many people actually watch the WRC on a regular basis on Eurosport? Even I miss it pretty often and I actually try hard to watch everything.
It's funny because the Dakar coverage was always strict at 22.00, even when there was Snooker.

DonJippo
17th February 2007, 15:51
It's funny because the Dakar coverage was always strict at 22.00, even when there was Snooker.

C'est la vie... :rolleyes:

WRC2006
17th February 2007, 16:01
I prefer ITV later on sunday with more time than Eurosport.

LotusElise
17th February 2007, 18:24
Even they can't stick to a regular timeslot, and not everyone wants to stay up past midnight.

alleskids
17th February 2007, 18:32
Usually I set the video a hour before it is suppose to begin on Eurosport and a hour after it is sceduled to end. Nine out of ten I have everything covered. Like some one already said, Europsport is the most chaotic channel that I know. :down:

bigtom
17th February 2007, 19:58
Its a shame Eurosport give such unreliable coverage, becase as far as i know it is the most thorough we can get in the u.k. Does anyone know of other channels showing wrc. I currently watch the itv4 show on sunday evenings after each rally, but that is a mere hour to cover the entire weekend.

Kaps
17th February 2007, 22:30
Eurosport is getting worse by the day!

And that snooker thing, seems to be on whenever there's a rally on...

On a positive note, we did get rid of that Classic Country Collection ad...

Lousada
17th February 2007, 23:09
To be fair it was on time today.

Kaps
17th February 2007, 23:16
Was it because of our criticism here, or just because we were lucky that snooker finished early?

Whatever, I'm just glad it was on time for once.

And tommorow morning (9 am) live super special, but as always only on Eurosport 2.

PS That's today already

Viktory
17th February 2007, 23:33
Was it because of our criticism here, or just because we were lucky that snooker finished early?

Whatever, I'm just glad it was on time for once.

And tommorow morning (9 am) live super special, but as always only on Eurosport 2.

PS That's today already

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to set the alarm clock.

AndyRAC
18th February 2007, 17:20
Eurosport obviously feel that there are more snooker fans than WRC fans, and acted accordingly. Just sums up the state of the WRC at the moment, taken off terrestrial television and not a regular slot on Eurosport. Well done DR and all at ISC.

cyd
18th February 2007, 17:51
I've been complaining about this all weekend on the other thread. I set the VCR timer on Thursday night and taped.......you guessed it. Europsort is a law unto itself apparently. :mad: :mad: :mad: But it seems to happen more with WRC than anything else.